Getafreelancer.comaccount suspended

J

I joined this site since 2017 but didn't put many effort on it until October 2017. I won several bids and finished them with 100% positive feedback from the buyers. I requested to withdraw my first $30 to my moneybookers on Oct. 25th to test if this can work out well. According to the site, we should wait 15 days for the first withdrawl to finish. But I found out with astonishment right today, the 15th day, they suspended my account without any warning and explanation. I added a ticket on their helpcenter, but no answer.

There is no phone number on their website. I googled this number +[protected] but after long time wait there came only a computed voice in Swedish.

I don't understand why they suspended my account without any warning, and right before I should get my money withdrawn.
Also they act as an international firm, they don't even have customer service phone number where english-speaking people can reach and understand and get understood.

I anyway will try to get my money back, because I worked so hard for it, my effort should be respected.

RESOLVED

Hi there

This complaint has since been resolved.

Hi there

We've paid out close to US$50, 000, 000 to providers on our site.

If any of the above posters still has an outstanding issue, please contact us.
    is particular case.

Hi there

We see the ewriterz account issue has already been resolved.

Hi Paul & co.

Users accounts only get suspended if something is done to violate the terms of service; such as posting contact details,
    incurring a chargeback or logging in with multiple accounts.

If there is any particular issue you have outstanding, please contact us below;

• Updated by Abdullah Shalaan · Jul 10, 2017

freelancer toke 250 $ when i accepted a project
    and i canceled the project and my balance now is -250
    how i pay and i didn't get any funds from the customer
    why this bad system

• Li
    Lisa Marie Amos Nov 28, 2008

same thing happened to me

• Ar
    arijit Apr 10, 2009

I also facing the same problem like you, please help me. What should I do?
    Please mail me at [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ki
    Kimi Raikkonen Jul 16, 2009

yes i am also victim of same, they have no mail id and phone number to contact. So how one can contact them when his/her account suspended or blocked. Moreover if you have reviews on your account so what you will do... ? You have to work again to earn those reviews.

This is very poor customer services from Getafreelancer.

Johnsondataentry Aug 20, 2009

the same happened to me...

Johnsondataentry Aug 20, 2009

Very disappointing service...Please hely me my id is [protected]@gmail.com

jay001 Oct 11, 2009

They suspended my account without previous notice. I've been sending numerous tickets without an answer. I have projects pending and I can't pay service providers because these crooks won't respond and my account is still disabled.

• Jk
    jkumar0422 Oct 15, 2009

Dear sir,
    My login ID jkumar0422, My won project in 4 project but buyer is not project details send me so I am not working in won project and no escrow the payment and my account suspend so please my account in active today,
    jkumar

• Ra
    randomuser Oct 22, 2009

GetAFreelancer.com does not follow standard ethics on their billing policy and they add extra hidden fees to their members to pay.

Submitting a "project request" to their site is free for a trial. But upon selecting a provider you have to pay them a cut of the agreed sum. This all is ok.

But when it comes down to paying the actual fee for them they have tricks up on their sleeves which THEY DO NOT ANNOUNCE BEFORE IT IS THE TIME TO PAY. This information is NOT presented to a new user at their FAQ page or anywhere else where it can be seen before starting to use the site.

Namely following issues:

* The minimum allowed amount to "deposit" to them is $10.

--> The fees paid for them of project ads can be less than this, so if you would have to pay let's say $5, you cannot do that, they will take another $5 extra.

* They add additional payment "transaction" charges to each deposit you make. Although commonly at every shop or other merchant these transaction fees are paid by the payment receiver, not the customer!

--> If you try to deposit $30 to the account their system automatically adds the fees ON TOP of this sum, so you end up paying $31 instead! Or if your project cost was $5, you would have to pay $10.6 instead (!!).

* After all this they still provide you with a fancy PDF formatted invoice that only states the original sum to be paid to them, but IN REALITY you have to pay them more!

* If you have happened to pay too much, made an early deposit for example, it is rather impossible to get a refund if your amount is small. As they do not refund sums smaller than $30! And the refund takes up to two weeks!

* And did you notice that if you do not use your account they charge you $5 every month, this is just one of the "interesting" things found at their Terms of Service.

This is not a fair trade from them. Stay out and use another freelance service provider. Read other complaints of them...

• Eu
    eureka123 Nov 10, 2009

Same here. Getafreelancer.com suspended my account after I purchased the Gold Membership and after I had won a project.

Problem is that they are not responding... just keeping mum... they don't have phone number and they don't provide any email address.. they don't have any customer care number.. this is all ridiculous

They suspended my account without any warning and without telling any reason at first place.. when I asked for the reason then they responded and asked for the explanation.. I gave that and then afterwards no response from them

• He
    helpseosites Nov 23, 2009

Same happen for me.

I got reply from their general tickets only. But i didn't get any reply from their account/suspend ticket department.

When i post the more tickets, their just say dont post more tickets, that will not speed your problem answers from us. So please keep wait. I am waiting still around 1 week. But their big silent.

My huge money is there on my GAF account. I dont know how to get that.

No Phone Numbers, No online chat support. Only their having silent ticket support : (

Any one have a solution please send mail to [protected]@gmail.com

Please help me, i have 80+reviews on that.

manisn Nov 23, 2009

Same here!!! These guys are crooks!! We need to spread the word, any recommendations on better sites? I am puting a hold on my credit company and file a complaint with PayPal (Paypal should suspend their account!!!). Working together we can complain enough they can't receive ANY MONEY

• Vd
    vdemyanenko Nov 25, 2009

The same problem :-( In situation where I really need money they have suspended my account and I can't get money.

• St
    StyleDragon Dec 08, 2009

They have just done the same to me. They have closed my account today and kept the $500 I had in their. I have received no response from their ticket department.

This happened when I requested a withdrawal. I dont understand what the problem is since they will not respond. I was developing a superb reputation on their and to the best of my knowledge had not personally violated their terms.

• St
    StyleDragon Dec 08, 2009

If I have violated something then fine suspend my account, but they should not be allowed to keep funds which I obtained their honestly and fairly supplying services to people. I had performed well, and received excellent feedback from clients.

THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO KEEP THE MONEY I EARNED FAIRLY.

Shams Gulzar (CROSSBIZ) Dec 11, 2009

We had been working as Freelancer Company "CROSSBIZ" on GAF, for more than a year.

As on November 27h, we received below email from GAF that our account is suspended

Your account at GetAFreelancer.com has been suspended:

For account security reasons.

If you wish to re-activate your account, please send us a scanned copy of your valid ID (passport, drivers. license or any ID issued by your government) for verification.
    UNQUOTE

We have submitted all the requested DOC (copies of Passport, National Identification Card) and have been sending series of followup messages but there is no any sensible response from GAF and they are QUITE.

There are some amount(s) escrowed by our clients for the projects we have recently completed, but we are not getting paid and account is still suspended.

Please be VERY MUCH CAREFUL working on GAF because they seem to just get hold on your money fraudulantly.

We are still trying to catch them but there seems no any telephone there in their company. This one is found through googling but we could not find any one there to pick up the phone except answering machine talking some [censored] in Sweedish Language (don't understand)

Shams Gulzar
    Chief Executive
    CROSSBIZ

• We
    Webmentors Dec 14, 2009

Disagree !!

Freelancer (getafreelancer) would be making huge amounts from monthly Gold membership and project commissions already so why they will indulge in such things .

• Ho
    howcanthisbe Dec 16, 2009

same problem with me. moneybookers closes my acct. when I try to withdraw my funds and no response from them. My acct. is locked, they do not email me back or answer there phones this is Illegal. Try contacting the FSA in England. These thieves should be arrested without question and shut down but only after everyones money is returned!

Jake S. Dec 17, 2009

Same thing happened to me!! Stay away from <span style='color: #FFFFFF'>getafreelancer.com</span>

• Ew
    Ewriterz Dec 19, 2009

We have been wroking with getafreelancer for the past three years and have completed many projects with 100% positive feedback. Our payments over the years have been very prompt too.

All of a sudden GAF sends us a mail statign that our account has been suspended and that if we want it reinstated we should upload some proof of identity. We did upload the required documents within a matter of minutes after receiving the mail. Since then (15th December 2017) GAF has been silent and is not responding to multiple tickets and mails to [protected]@getafreelancer.com.

GAF is sitting on 80 USD in our account and over 150 USD in escrow. We are unable to upload completed projects or communicate with the clients. Needless to say that the escrow amount will not be released to the clients unless we can log into our acount and release it. So, we lose, our clients lose and GAF keeps our money.

If they are on the level why will they not send a one line reply stating why our account is suspended and when we can hope for it to be reinstated?

I guess no one in the world can eb trusted.

Comments

• Ew
    Ewriterz Dec 19, 2009

GAF is getting high handed because they know no one from another country will sue them in Sweden. The sayign is right kill a bloody swede when you see one!

• Pa
    Paul Cartin Dec 19, 2009

These guys are really bunches of confused team. I think the problems are that they have too much on hand... otherwise how will a network of over a million users be run by just 30 people from current reports online.

The MOST annoying thing is their insolent attitude to users who helps them make all the money which they do not have respect for... Limiting users account at will without any reasonable explanations.

If they are real, then let them set up a call center to cushion the effect of their mess on the users they are suppose to esteem highly.

Let this SCAM attempts and activities stop.

JUTS HOPING THEIR CEO (MATT) WILL HEAR THIS AND CORRECT HIS BOYS ACCORDINGLY...THAT IS... IF HE HIMSELF, IS CLEAN.

• Kh
    khanhhuyna Dec 20, 2009

This is same to me . They suspended my account on 24 Novemeber without reason and there is no response to solve it for me though i have opened some ticket and send the email to support staff. They're keeping my not little amount and seem to disappear now. It's good to work for in past time but now i don't understand why. I'm really disappointed with GAF now

• Kh
    khanhhuyna Dec 20, 2009

I have the same problem. If anyone have the method to solve this please let me know.

• Sc

If still your opposers are reluctant, then contact us at: [protected]@gmail.com

• Fi
    fiante55 Jan 10, 2010

lol.
    Same thing here, I bought gold member, post like 4 project and the instant I deposit 50$ I got suspended and when I tried to log back they said wrong password. I sent request to have my password back and they simply never send it back. I was like why they are not sending it back? Then after further search (After opening the link they give you to confirm your account) I discovered I was suspended. Wtf? Yes wtf... They change my password instead of saying I got suspended but I found out.

I went on my paypal directly (30 mins after my suspension) and open a dispute for ALL the transaction I've made. If they don't answer I will talk to paypal and they will manage this. They are not good people. In their Policy it's written they can do anything whitout a warning.

• Va
    varun1981 Jan 26, 2010

HI All..

Nothing has been resloved in my case.
    For 4-5 long months I am bidding for projects, winning the bid, they are taking their fee also . at that time they didn't noticed that I have not submitted by photo Id.

Now sudenly they have asked me to submit my ID sice i requested for my 1st payment.

Apart from payment, there are 3 ongoing projects I am working on and clients are waiting for my response from GAF messages.

FInally they will get desparate and will close the project..

I dno't know why GAF is doing like this...

• Co
    ComplGAF Mar 09, 2010

i'm also felt my account has $4000, no reply, they blocked when i tried to withdraw

hurtlocker May 18, 2010

The same thing happened to me today! As an employer I had posted a project worth $1200, of which 50% was paid upfront.
    The provider closed their a/c before completing the project. I complained to GAF and instead of helping me they closed my a/c!! No emails no response despite 3 tickets in their support system. I have sent email to the support address their employee posted here and I see the same pattern no response!!

What I don't understand is how can a provider close an account in GAF before finishing the project! Shouldn't they have a system
    to say hey wait a minute you haven't completed the project you can't walk away!

• As
    Astroboy5 May 20, 2010

Hi there,

I totally disagree with those accusations. We users from GAF must know their Terms and Services so that there will be no instances for our account to be suspended.

Every thing went nice with me in Freelancer.com since I have READ and UNDERSTAND what they are all about.

Their support team is awesome and professional in handling users in any ways.

I even referred Freelancer.com to my friends, and guess what?? they are happy and 100% satisfied with the services they are offering.

A satisfied and a proud user of Freelancer.com,
    Astroboy

• Zy
    zyko2010 May 20, 2010

Hi, I have been a member of freelancer for the past 7 yrs, before I began working I read first the their Terms of Service and Frequently asked question. I have never encountered any problems with them, and I was never once suspended due to posting of contact info since it was written in the facts that it was not allowed. I also like just chatting since waiting on the phone listening to music is so tiring. And before I do something that i was not sure I contact there chat support to ask question just to make sure that I will not be suspended. And I was thankful with the 15 days policy. Cause my sister tried to deposit the money on her paypal and not mine and because of the security policy they were able to find that it was another paypal account that requested the money.

hurtlocker May 20, 2010

hmm @Astroboy5, @zyko2010 first posting, seems like GAF employee posting. If you spend as much time
    responding to support requests the company would do a whole lot better.

• Zy
    zyko2010 May 20, 2010

I thought this is a open Forum to say what I feel... This is a free country why? is there any label that this is only a place for people who agree, I was just stating my experience with them...If you have a bad experience with them settle it with them and not me.

hurtlocker May 20, 2010

@zyko2010 : Have you paused to consider that there are many people who have used the site for many years
    and than all of a sudden run into problems! I have lost over $600+ in payments as an employee, how does your
    singing praises help me get justice! You have never posted here before, you just swoop in to defend a company that
    has a zillion postings here for fraud. GAf is resorting to such tactics - asking employees to post on public forums
    by pretending to be someone else. Interestingly you are from Sweden too, Freelance was a Swedish company initially,
    what's the odd of you being an employee as opposed to real user.

hurtlocker May 20, 2010

+1 as an employee they ripped me off by suspending my a/c for no reason, not providing any info on why they did so and
    best of all it happened right after I complained them about an absconding provider who took 50% of our milsetone payment
    and closed his a/c. Instead of addressing the problem they abruptly suspended our a/c with milestone payments deposited
    in it!!

Here is the details how freelancer is harassing people.

They closed my account without any reason. My account had 42 reviews and 400$ in cash and $500 escrow. They took all. They are just cheater. I have all proof against them.
    First they told I have many dispute. I sent them the details that clients were not paying after getting service. So its their fault.
    Then they stopped saying about dispute. They said you have violation report. I told them to show the proof. They failed to do that.
    Then they said you have multiple account. I told them that is problem was happened 6months back. And that was solved. Then why again you harassing me.
    After that they starts replying that: The decision was taken by higher authority. We can't do anything.

Hi,
    Freelancer.com, why don't have a talk here in-front of all?? Prove you are right and I was wrong.

0 mins ago by shawats 0 Votes

• Ga
    gava Oct 03, 2010

getafreelancer is a cheating company they took my 200$, let them eat anyways i am a internet marketer so from today i am going to start my work against them, they are going to look FREELANCER.COM IS FAKE where ever they go in internet, they must know the reason because of duping the customers and eating their money so if you people want to join me, you can, mail me in [protected]@in.com,

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices