General Motors Corporationunethical behaviour

B Jul 08, 2019

On 6/10/2019 I inquired about a vehicle listed for sale on cadillac of south charlotte's web site. I spoke with adam barnett (nice gentleman) about my needs, trade vehicle, etc. On 6/11/2019 I received a written quote from him to purchase. After some negotiating with alan heidenreich, as adam was off the second day, I received a revised quote the morning of 6/12/2019 from a stevan coon, which I accepted and advised alan to send the link to my wife for securing the financing, which she in turn submitted for approval. After waiting a couple of hours, I called alan to see what was taking so long to get approved and was informed our deal was placed "on hold", because someone else subsequently came in to the dealership and was looking at the car we had agreed to purchase. I immediately asked to speak with the sales manager and was referred to alden frosted. Mr. Frosted informed me that since we were not at the dealership even though we had agreed to purchase and secure with a deposit, the other couple in the showroom consequently became first in line. He also told me that it's against the law in north carolina to accept a "hold deposit", which is a bold faced lie. This man has no business being in any position of authority. I have been a gm customer for several years not to mention sold cars at a gm dealership, but this guy is a crooked as they come. Buyer beware of dealing with this shady company, as they allow their sales staff to conduct unfair sales practices.