Gehan Homesawful company

Gehan sold us on their "master planned community". They told us they would not build the same house next-door or across the street! Lies!!! The model home is built three across in this neighborhood every chance they get! They have built it so much they are now offering additional elevations!

When a neighbor contacted corp. Headquarters she was told that what was meant was they wouldn't build the same elevation across the street or next-door. Another lie! The lot across the street from me was empty for a long time. The builder decided to build an inventory home there. It is my floor plan and my elevation, almost the same brick color! So now when we look out our front windows we get to see our house!

Other builders in our area seem to have structure in the planning process without the same floor plans being sold three across every couple of houses and all those builders are within the same price range of gehan homes!

Now as I drive through my neighborhood I regret building here. If I had seen their idea of a "master plan" I wouldn't have bought from them. It looks so cheap with one floor plan being built over and over again!!!

Signed - forever unhappy with gehan homes!

• Valerie Oct 13, 2008

When looking to build I wanted a neighborhood that had a pool & parks (we have three young children). Gehan was a new community, nothing was built except the model homes - we were told the parks and pools would be in shortly and that we would not have to pay our home owner dues until they were constructed!

We have lived here now for three years (paying our dues each year!) without a pool or any parks. When we talked to our neighbors we found out we were all promised the same thing yet 1/01 we all received invoices for HOA dues.

When we contacted the builder we were told that the dues were being used to landscape the entryways and that they had turned the parks over to the city so they have no control as to when they will be built! The estimated date to build our pool changes all the time - I have no hopes of getting one anytime soon.

When we drive through other neighborhoods near our home we see pools & parks being built along with the model homes - there is no reason why we shouldn't have what we are paying for - Gehan is greedy!

• Sh
    Shiann Oct 18, 2009

I had the same experience in my neighborhood

• Ju
    Judles Nov 15, 2011

I don’t believe 30 days is enough time to see if there are any effects from this product.
    I will say, though, I might have given it more of a chance IF Jenny Miller, the sales person would have been honest. Her ID number is 542, according to our taped phone call. Her response to my questions were, each one, a blatant lie.
    I asked her if I would have to cancel if I didn’t want it after all. She said “No, this is a trial, and if you want to purchase it, all you have to do is order it”. Quite misleading.
    I said, You mean I don’t have to make a cancellation at the end of the 30 days if I don’t want it?
    She said, “No, nothing”.
    I said, ‘you mean, that this sample package is free, and I am not agreeing to a continuing purchase?
    She said, “Don’t worry. This phone call is to get the free trial and that is all. No purchases, no charges.
    Well, when I got the box, it had more in it than expected, including some mousse… and every paper in it was the opposite of what your salesgirl said and promised. And to add insult to injury, I have to pay for returning it. What a scam you have going! And, of course, the price isn’t mentioned until we receive the box. I hope this company gets a lot more blog on the dishonesty and how it take advantage of someone’s bankbook through that person's personal problem. I can imagine how many seniors are bilked out of this $167.85. Shame on Keranique.

• Ta
    Tamera Bevington Jun 11, 2018

@Judles This is a home builder review site, not a product site. You have posted a review on the WRONG site. Not fair.