Geek Squad — don't take your mac for hardware repair
DON'T TAKE YOUR MAC FOR HARDWARE ISSUES! I was having an intermittent issue with my battery not charging on my MacBook Air.
And it died early yesterday afternoon. Went on the Geek Squad web site to schedule an appointment. I answered it is a MAC, I did have hardware problems and my battery would not charge. Could not get in until 8:00 that night.
So I went in and the tech took one of their cords, plugged it in and it did not work. So she told me that they would have to ship to KY (they do NO Mac hardware work locally - Tucson, AZ) for diagnosis. That would take a week and I could hope to get it back in 2 weeks! WHAT????
So I went to an authorized Apple service center.
Turns out there was a small spec of paint (I am an artist) stuck in the charger port. 2 minutes and $30 later my Mac is completely healed.
More Geek Squad Complaints & Reviews
- Geek Squad - geek squad - is a total rip off! 
- Geek Squad - phone insurance 
- Best Buy/geek Squad - tv repair took forever 
- Best Buy Geek Squad - the geek squad really sucks! 
- Best Buy / Geek Squad - laptop repair 
- Geek Squad - repair a virus in my laptop - lost my entire data + fraud
- Geek Squad - did not replace defective part for freezer
- Geek Squad - can't fix my problem 
- Geek Squad - moving old info from old microsoft hard drive to newly purchased hard drive work done with geek squad at hutchinson, mn location 
- Best Buy / Geek Squad - dumb # geek squad agents!