Garmin GPSorder from sears.com is a joke!

This chat tells it all:

Lan: hello

Lan: I ordered a GPS for my trip

Lan: 21 days passed

Lan: still don't get my order

Shania: Hi, my name is Shania, and it's my pleasure to assist you today as your Personal Shopper. May I have your name please?

Lan: my name is Lan

Shania: Good Afternoon. Thank you for choosing Sears.com.

Lan: can I cancel my order ?

Shania: I will be glad to assist you with the information regarding cancellation.

Shania: I am sorry to hear that you want to cancel the order.

Lan: yes, how come it takes them 21 days to fill the order ?

Shania: Lan may I have the order number?

Lan: [protected]

Lan: thank you

Shania: Thank you.

Shania: I am sorry to inform that I am not able to cancel the order, as it is the third party merchant item.

Shania: I request you to contact the vendor for information.

Lan: OMG, I ordered it from Sears.com

Lan: I don't even know "the OTHER vendor "

Shania: Yes you ordered it from sears, however it was sold by the vendor, for vendor information please check your order confirmation email.

Lan: I clicked the vendor information, it direct me to "Sears.com"

Lan: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/search_10153_12605?keyword=&sellerId=7882&autoRedirect=false&mktPlaceInd=FBM&popup=CONTACT&rioptype=SRS&sid=IExTransSearsOrderConf&eml=

Shania: I have not received a response yet. Would you like to continue chatting with me, Lan ?

Shania: I see takes us to the ElectroBrands page. ElectroBrandsis the vendor.

Lan: Well, how do I know that I ordered from the other vendor if it was from Sears.com ? you know the reason I have this order because your store name !

Shania: I understand your concern, please contact the vendor for cancellation. I wish to cancel the order however I am not authorized to do so. I am really very sorry.

Lan: I really am sorry too, next time put someone in your website, please have headline: WE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU and signed: SEARS.COM

Shania: I understand how this situation would be frustrating for you...

Shania: I apologize for the trouble this has caused you.

Lan: not your fault that the Sears.com mixed up, no way in my email indicated any contact number for that store except the link to SEARS.COM, may I have their information ?

Shania: You can contact them at [protected].

Shania: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Lan: thank you for your time and Sears should know this is the last time I visit their site ! a customer for the last 20 years !

Unbelievable !

• Cf
    CF Martel Sep 19, 2011

I am amazed at all the complaints about Sears and it doesn't seem to be just Sears Canada but the whole chain - even saw one from Peurto Rico. Sears used to be a good reliable store but not any more. I'm having problems too that customer service will not deal with. I'd like to put a big "BUYER BE WARE" sign up infront of the Edmonton Skyview Sears Home Store and another one infront of the Fort Saskatchewan Sears Home store.

• SearsCare Sep 14, 2011

Dear Lynnheo:

Please accept our apologies for the problems you have encountered attempting to cancel your Garmin GPS order. I'm not sure how to adequately convey sincerity to you but you should know that we are here to help with this and any other Sears related issue you may be having or have had. My name is Susan and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we would like to help. I understand this is a third party merchant item and our agent was not able to cancel the order for you. Even though your order is with a third party merchant we would like to speak with you and make sure that everything that can be done for you is being done.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this (so we can help). In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the Garmin GPS was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Lynnheo) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.