Frontier Communications Corporationunauthorized new account after cancelling service

T Jul 17, 2019

Here are the details of my case. I removed my identifying information because I don't need that all over the internet. I would like to know why there are numerous complaints here, but it keeps happening?

I cancelled my account for landline phone and internet on 01/22/19 @ 4:23pm. I cancelled it online, via chat, and I called and followed up to ensure it was actually cancelled and spoke with Elvin. I kept receiving bills. After several calls this account was finally credited and I have a zero balance. However, Frontier took it upon themselves to open a new account in my name for internet service. On 02/16/19 I received a bill for $34.69 for internet for account number ###. I NEVER opened this account. On 02/26/19 I sent Frontier documentation that I cancelled my account and it was paid in full and that an account was opened without my approval. On 03/16/19 I received another bill for $78.38. On 04/05/[email protected] 10:55am, I talked to Chris and the fraudulent account was supposed to be closed and zeroed out, confirmation number: ###. On 04/16/19 I received a bill for $59.73. Frontier had issued a credit for $18.65. On 05/11/19 I received a letter from the National Frontier Collections Center that I owed $59.73 and if it's not paid, they will submit my account to collections. On 05/20/19 @ 9:35am I spoke with Amanda (Agent ID#: V_Abbq54), she applied a $25.00 credit under confirmation number ### (because that's all she said she was allowed to credit for customer satisfaction and submitted a dispute for the remaining amount. On 06/16/19 I received another letter from the National Frontier Collections Center that I owed $59.73 and if it's not paid, they will submit my account to collections. On 06/18/19 @ 9:35am, I spoke to Victoria, she wouldn't give me her Agent ID#, and she indicated that she couldn't do an adjustment, but would add her dispute to Amanda's. She used said, "I'm escalating this to the dispute department" and gave me a dispute number: ###. On 07/17/19 (today) I received a third letter from the National Frontier Collections Center that I owed $25.04 and if it's not paid, they will submit my account to collections. I'm mailing the letter back to them with the documentation in this complaint. Frontier's fraudulent practices have cost me over 22 hours of my time, not to mention the money associated with having to repeatedly call them and be put on hold and transferred all over the company, and the stress is putting me in a downward spiral emotionally.