Freedom Mortgagetaxes/escrow

S Review updated:

What a scam Freedom Mortgage is running!!! I have been in my home for 4 years now and never missed a payment. I refi my home 2 years ago and recently started getting forclosure letters. I called FM to figure out what was going on. They told me my escrow was -3000$ and I was behind 4000$ on my mortgage. How can this be? we figured out the problem was they did not take enough out for taxes after i refinanced... their mistake!! They admitted the mistake and to make up for it they raised my mortgage 200$ Now I am still getting forclosure notices for 4000$ My question is where is all my payments going?? I am enrolled in bi-weekly so i am actually over paying my montly mortgage. I contacted a lawyer and he said this is not unique situation that it happens all the time. The misfortunate thing is that they can proceed with forclosure if something is not corrected. The lawyer gave me options to deal with FM first to solve the problem and if they dont then I will have to proceed with litigation. All for paying my Mortgage on time!!!

• Mo
    M Overton Dec 10, 2020

In addition, their phone customer service representatives are uneducated and unable to provide any help. They do not reply to emails. They are the worst mortgage company that ever existed.

• Mo
    M Overton Dec 10, 2020

This is the worst, most incompetent mortgage company, I have ever dealt with. They are completely incapable of setting up an escrow account after repeated attempts to do so by mail, email, phone and through secure messaging on their site. If you litigate, please let me know!

• We apply for a refinance on our current lone. The closing should be in 4 weeks…that was 2 weeks back from today’s date. We called 4-5 times per day w/ NO answer at all….. we don’t know what to do at all….. This is a scam???? Or What????

Comment Guidelines