FreecreditReport.comscrewed by freecreditreport.com AKA CIC TripleAdvantage

T

I wrote this to send to the Better Business Bureau but it was too long and I'm way too frustrated right now to chop it down to 2030 characters.

I signed up at freecreditreport.com back in 2006, checked my credit report, canceled the account, NO PROBLEM. 3 Months ago I did the same and yesterday I noticed that the cancellation didn't go through and I've been getting charged every month since. Three $14.95 charges isn't a lot, but for a service that I don't use and thought had been canceled it is like throwing money out the window.

I called today to see why my account hadn't been canceled and to receive credit for the monthly charges. First the customer service rep tried to sell me 3 more months at a discounted rate. When I told the rep I was just using the site to check my credit report and that I don't want the service and just want to be credited and done I was told that they can't do refunds at all. I then asked to speak with their supervisor. The lady kept telling me that a supervisor couldn't help me and kept asking why I wanted to cancel. This went on for a minute straight before I finally just started repeating "Let me speak with your supervisor. Connect me to your supervisor." I had to say that for almost 30 seconds straight while the customer service rep continued to try to speak over me. She finally said she would have to put me on hold to get her supervisor. I waited on hold for over 5 minutes before she returned and told me that there isn't a supervisor. I said to her, "everybody has a boss and I insist you transfer me to your supervisor." I was told that there were no supervisors and then put on hold again while she looked for one. I was watching the clock this time and 13 minutes went by and I was still on hold so I just hung up.

I called back again and the same thing happened but I didn't stick around to see if the rep would try to find a supervisor a second time. I decided to try again but not tell them that I wanted to cancel this time and see if that works.

So, I called back again and before any talk of what the call was about insisted that I be connected to a supervisor. The customer service rep I was now talking with said that they cannot connect me to a supervisor unless I state what my problem is. I told the lady that I am not going to waste anymore time speaking with someone on the first level of customer service and that I want to speak with somebody higher up. She continued to tell me that unless I tell her why I am calling that she can't connect me to a supervisor, which I think is ridiculous. So, I sarcastically said, "I am so happy with the service that I just need to tell somebody". Silly enough, that was all it took for her to be able to find me a supervisor. I feel like I could have told her that there was an elephant in my account and I would have been transferred. Anyway, after being put on hold for 4 minutes a supervisor picked up the phone. She told to me that I had signed up once in 2006 and canceled 3 days later and that I had signed up again this year and never canceled. I explained to her than I know there is a charge after 7 days of freecreditreport.com service which is why I canceled immediately after checking my credit back in 2006 and why I did the same this year. I told her that through some mix up the cancellation didn't go through and that I simply wanted to cancel the account and be refunded the three $14.95 charges. She told me that she cannot refund me because the services were active. I explained that they should not have been active after I called to cancel and that I just want to cancel and be refunded. After going back and forth over and over about how they can't refund my account and me telling them that it should not have been charged in the first place I told her that I was becoming frustrated. I told her that I feel like I'm being put through the loops of some outsourced Indian call center because it's cheaper than refunding me. After 3 calls and speaking to 4 people, all who were Indian by coincidence I guess, she told me that "we are in fact located in the US and do not outsource. Sir, are you racist?". I was outraged. I could not believe that I was calling to have $44.85 of services that I didn't use refunded and was ending up being called a racist. At that point I told her that enough was enough that all I wanted was a refund and that if she couldn't do it then please transfer me to her supervisor. She told me that there isn't a way to do a refund and that she doesn't have a supervisor. I told her, "that's [censored], everybody has a boss." She told me not to use profanity and I said told her sorry and that the situation is just really frustrating. I then said in a whiny, almost giving up like voice, "I just want a godd*mn refund and for this account to be closed for good." She told me again not to use profanity and that if I continue to that she would disconnect the call. I said exactly, "I'm sorry. I didn't know that godd*mn was enough for you to be able to hang up on me." There was no response and no click so I just kept saying hello until I finally realized that I'd been hung up on.

My god. I still don't know if my account has been canceled and I'm so frustrated right now with the customer service that I'm going to wait until tomorrow to call back and check. Has anybody else had a horrible experience like this or am I the only one?

• At
    A. T. Jun 09, 2007

Last year I signed up for a "free" credit check at www.freecreditreport.com. I entered in my information (which included my debit card number) and was told that my first month was free but I needed to cancel the account to avoid being charged a monthly fee. After looking over my credit history and score I immediately canceled my account through freecreditreport.com. This was last September. I occasionally got emails from freecreditreport.com telling me about my "new credit information" and I went to the website on two different occasions and both times it told me that I did not have access because I needed to start a subscription. Well, I just noticed today that a charge of $12.95 was taken out of my account yesterday from CIC Triple Advantage. I did not recognize the name. After looking through my banking history I noticed that these payments of $12.95 have been coming out of my account for the last 10 months. That is a total of $129.50!! I googled 'CIC Triple Advantage' and everything that came up was all about this big credit scam. I immediately contacted CIC Triple Advantage and told them about the problem. I told them that after canceling my freecreditreport.com account I could no longer access any of my information through that website... so what was I being charged for? The supervisor told me that I COULD access my information through that account, but I just chose not to. That is absolutely NOT true... I had cancelled my freecreditreport.com account the DAY I first signed up for it and was not able to access it at any time after that. I told the supervisor at CIC Triple Advantage that and asked him what service I had been paying for if I could not access the services at freecreditreport.com. The supervisor ignored my question every time I asked and kept interrupting me. CIC Triple Advantage STOLE that money out of my account for a service that I was unable to use! All I have found out about this company is complaints... why is this company still in business and still being allowed to steal hard-earned money from unsuspecting people??

• Fe
    fernando gomez Mar 19, 2008

After advertising free credit report, thus the name, and after gathering my sensitive information, they wanted a credit card! Free doesn't imply a credit card. I stopped the process and they responded with an email inviting me to continue, so I did. After AGAIN giving them my sensitive data, they asked for a credit card and I gave it. They then wouldn't give me my info, so I called the number they gave to ask what FREE meant because in the English Lang. I know, it means no exchange necessary and now they not only have my data, they have my cc#. They asked me questions I don't know thus no credit info, no answer to my questions about what will they do with my info? They didn't honor their ad, and I am livid and scared.

• Ka
    Kay Brantley Mar 31, 2008

THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM!!! I've been a "member" for over a year and I haven't received ONE alert from them. Geting my username and password is like pulling teeth!! One of the rare times I was actually able to get in to see my report, I saw fraudulent activity on it (which they did NOT notify me about)...I filed a dispute with them and their so called "investigation result" was basically "you're SOL". I called today and cancel and, all of a sudden now they claim that they sent alerts to my e-mail. Even when I told them I wanted to cancel, the rep kept asking me if I was interested in other services, and was trying to get me to keep the account open ...this went on for 15 minutes(and her English was so broken I could barely understand her, so this was particularly frustrating). ...I GOT TOTALLY RIPPED OFF...$12.95 per FOR A WHOLE YEAR!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY...THEY ARE TERRIBLE!!

• Ap
    april Apr 04, 2008

If you go onto freecreditreport.com you will notice there are terms and conditions on the left side of the page. they actually do provide great service and is worth having if you ever had identity theft or are cautious of it. their number to cancel is on there web page and anything that you have to put cc info on you should always go back and read before submitting. nothing in life is free always read fine print, ive never had a problem w/ them but then agian i read everything first so i knew what i was getting myself into. look for their # under contact us in the dispute process.

• Bg
    bgacc Apr 19, 2008

Call your credit card company to dispute this company's charges and they will refund your money for this company's scam practices/charges. They will also send you paper work to fill out and return.

Also make a complaint with the better business bureau.

Another thing you, and others can do for real peace of mind, is simply call your credit card company and say that you lost your credit card. They will creat a new number for your account and you can rest assure no charges will be made again.

Consumer's need to stand up for their rights.

Hope this has help you and others.

Bill

• Ca
    Cat May 15, 2008

I attempted to receive a free credit report for all three agencies and signed up for a credit score with a 7 day cancellation feature. I did not receive either my credit reports or scores but they not only debited my account but also shared my credit card information with another company! I called the supposed "agency" and was told that the additional "sharing" i had approved because i had not "unchecked" a box on their web site. this to me is deceptive, packaging practices to extort money from the consumer. One dollar from thousands of customers adds up to millions!

• So
    someone Jul 24, 2008

Obviously you work for the company - otherwise you wouldn't be agreeing with a scandolous company. They are guilty of fraud - thus the reason they hung up on me twice when I mentioned a class action lawsuit.

• Ke
    kendra Aug 21, 2008

Tony,
    I feel the same way I just went through a similar experience and feel violated as an american that we give our info to these people and then they are rude. Just another example of how the world works I guess. Maybe they should make a song and commericals about there customer service.

• Hc
    HC Sep 05, 2008

Yup! I experienced the same headache yesterday. They are completely incompetent. It's ridiculous that they can sign you up with no problem, yet a cancelation is like requesting a kidney donor. I'm done with them. Never will use the service again!!!

• Co
    Cori Sep 22, 2008

I completely agree that Experian (FreeCreditReport.com) is a rip-off. I thought I was signing up for a FREE Credit Report like on the dumb commerical, but instead they charged me $24.95 and put me in their "club" so they can rip me off every month, as if the $24.95 charge is not enough. I notified them immediately that I did not order 3 credit reports, only one, and was still charged for 3. No matter what I said or did, this place has ZERO customer satisfaction, they simply kept my money and don't care.

• Al
    allen arnold Sep 30, 2008

I signed up for a free credit report on www.freecreditreport.com.

They have charged me $14.95 each month for the last three months without my knowledge or approval. They claim this information is on their web page. I don't doubt that this is true, but it certainly was not made obvious. If I knew, I would not have signed up. My credit card company Chase is giving me credit for the charges and are pursuing the matter. They were very nice about it because they want to keep me as a customer, which I will do.

This is a trend among companies these days. I could give several examples, but for now I'll just stick to this complaint. Thanks.

Jody Brown Oct 07, 2008

I signed up to view my credit report and then cancelled my subscription more than once. I just reviewed my account and realized that I have once again been charged. I called and complained again and got that same story about no notes posted about cancelling the account. How many times do I have to listen to this old story. I guess it is time to contact the better business bureau, since this company stills my money every month. I do not recommend anyone to use this sight.

• Ba
    bajaskier Oct 08, 2008

File a dispute with your credit card company. Be sure to say the word "fraud". If they will not help you, cancel the card immediately, or you will continue to be charged. There are hundreds of complaints about these scammers.

• Tr
    trevorJordet Dec 02, 2008

you can get a full refund. I had a similar frustrating experience with them.

I took a deep breath and kept my calm and pursued a refund until they returned every last cent they scammed from me.

rather than write it all down again, heres a link to my story:

Mark Broccardo Feb 25, 2009

I read an online advertisement that said "Get your free credit report now." I signed up for the "free" credit report, only to find out a few days later that it wasn't "free" at all. The company began charging $14.95 per month to my credit card without my authorization. When I called them to get the account cancelled and my payment refunded, they told me they could not refund my payment because I have been to their website before. I think you should put this company out of business before anyone else gets scammed. Why they are still in business I have no idea, because they have apparently been doing this form many years now. Please shut them down ASAP!

• Er
    Erika Feb 25, 2009

I completely agree with this complaint because I had the same experience with the exact same company. I am requesting that the money be put back on my debit card immediately.

• Sc
    Scammed Mar 12, 2009

Okay, I just went to the freecredireport.com site and ordered a one time (30 day) report on all three agencies with the scores as well for $39.95. I did not want the triple advantage thing either. My problem is that the SCORES were not accurate!!! How do I know this? The dealership just called and told me they pulled my score from at least Transunion and it said 639. freecreditreport.com just sold me some garbage that my score for transunion was 718. I freaked and was so embarrassed trying to argue with the dealership that I just paid for my credit reports on all three for 40 bucks. I went back to Transunion this time and ordered just the score. It said the score is 663. Now which one is right???????? I called to YELL at freecreditreport.com and they had some foreign person who cannot speak english very well, try to tell me that she cannot help me since she has no access to my report. I said I want a total refund right now. She gave me a fax no. and also said to email the coperate office. I said I am turning her office into the scam / fraud unit at the bbb, and also the Attorney General's Office, and also was going online like I am doing right now to report a SCAM and FRAUD to all who is reading this. People, I not only lost my 40 bucks tonight with this darn liar of a company, but it cost me my loan with the auto dealer. I cannot prove anything now, and they are going with what they have. Which is the lowest score of all three mentioned above. I am so darn sick of liars, and during this day and age of a recession in our country, losing 40 bucks this way might just as well be burned in front of me.
    Alert anyone you know to not purchase a darn thing from freecreditreport.com. The scores are not true, and that is that. Plus, I lost 40 bucks and got some embarrassement talking to the dealer about this...

Scammed in Michigan from freecreditreport.com

• Bo
    boothco Mar 30, 2009

I cancelled my freecredit report the day later and it has been over a month and my bank account keeps getting charges against it by not only them but by identitytheft.com who has there account inside the fine print that you don't even that it is there. So far I have been charged over 100.00 in fees that they charge and now I have another for 9.95 for this company identitytheft.com . This company needs to be charged with false advertisment because there is nothing free about this company.

• Rc
    RCtexas May 13, 2009

FreeCreditReport.com IS NOT ANYWHERE NEAR FREE
    In fact it has cost me 63.14 in just 1 week
    with reoccurring charges I was told.
    I guess those irritating commercials have to be paid by those of us too trusting of a site that says one time fee of 14.95

Contacted Triple Advantage and they tell me no refund so I had to cancel my credit card.

Maybe those goofey kid commercials will disappear once people find out this is a absolute scam!
    RC, Texas

• Kr
    krispix318 May 13, 2009

While I have no idea why you were charged so much money, this is clearly spelled out on the left side of the website:

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION

When you order your free report here, you will begin your free trial membership in Triple AdvantageSM Credit Monitoring. If you don't cancel your membership within the 7-day trial period**, you will be billed $14.95 for each month that you continue your membership."

All you have to do is cancel your membership within that 7 day window and you'll never see a charge.

Maybe if people actually read fine print and did research before signing up for something, there would be fewer complaints.

• Ki
    KimJ Aug 19, 2009

FREE CREDIT REPORT.COM IS A F-N SCAM!!! You can never get through to speak with a customer service representative to "cancel" so therefore your bank has no way of disputing these charges. The only reason why I signed up for this was to do A ONE TIME CREDIT CHECK and the $1 charge made sense to verify it was really me. However, I did NOT sign up for a $14.95 monthly charge where I GET NOTHING IN RETURN!!! THIS IS A SCAM AND WE NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO STOP THEM FROM RIPPING OFF OTHER INNOCENT AMERICANS!!!

Mainini Oct 09, 2009

2 points

First, i had not checked my credit card for some months as I was just trying to make the minimum payment and get by until I could pay it down, this was my mistake. FREECREDITREPORT.COM had started charging me in April for a service $14.99 after I signed up for a (1) free credit report. Truns out that this is a huge scan being carried out on a national level. I dont know if there is anythign that can be done but I will report this the the bbb and tell Visa that this was not what I signed up for. If anyone has any other suggesttions please let me know.

Second, regarding the post above and the differing credit score. Your auto dealer is checking your FICO score, the most accepted score in the credit industry. The scores you get form FREECREDITREPORT.COM are the individual cred agentcies credit scores not FICO score. So each credit agency wants to have there special score be the one that people use so that they make more money $$$. FICO scores are created by using the informationthat the three credit agencies have collected then putting them throught the FICO rules for creating a point total.

If anyone knows how to fight this BS with FREECREDITREPORT.COM please contact me [email protected]

Thats it

Enjoy

• Ad
    Adam Meinhardt Dec 03, 2009

I too was cheated out of $14.95 by entering my credit card number into their website on the conditions that they were just using it to increase their accuracy in determining my credit report. I believe we should find a legal course in righting the wrongs comitted by freecreditreport.com I can be contacted at [email protected]

• Ca
    carlaque Jan 21, 2010

These people are bunch of crooks. They show free credit score, 30 days free trial credit score and then collect your credit card. When you want to cancel within 30 days they have already charged your card. They will then claim you have agreed to terms and conditions

requested my free annual credit report from the web site freecreditreport.com. I had to enter a credit card number to receive my 'free' credit report. This month I noticed a charge of $14.95 on my credit card bill. I inquired and learned that I was automatically entered into a subscription service and that I had to take action myself to cancel the service and that I had to do it with 7 days. I did not request nor did I order this service. This is a SCAM and a FRUAD in taking advantage of the free credit report offere. I cannot believe freecreditreport.com is allowed to continue to take peoples monies. What is going on?????

• Lc
    LC in Alabama Jan 28, 2010

In two weeks, I was charged twice at $29.95 each.

Luckily, I paid with my American Express card rather than a debit card, so it was easy for me to get credited back for the charges. According to American Express, they are affiliated with FREECREDITREPORT.COM

Two weeks ago, I did sign up for a "free" credit report. Unfortunately, I neglected to read all the fine print & discovered the resport that I signed up for was NOT FREE, but cost $29.95. AND by requesting it, I unwittingly gave my permission for them to share my information (including my credit card information) with their "affiliates" like MQV*PRIVACYMID who began charging me fees for their services.

I was advised to continue watching my credit card statements for unauthorized charges from other "affiliates". No word on who those may be, but suffice to say that I will be VERY CAREFUL about any "FREE" offers of any kind on the internet.

• De
    desertrat77 Feb 07, 2010

I will never ever use their service again in my life. Neither, I will recommend to anyone freecreditreport.com .

When I call to cancel free trial they were never available. Their customer service is not available 24/7 and they do it that way on purpose so people can not reach them. Cancellation can not be done via email either. Therefore, even I called them several time during 7 day free trial period, they were never available and when I finally reached them, it was too late, so I got charged me.

10years ago, AOL, and many other companies had customer service available 24/7. freecreditreport.com does not not, so that people can not cancel free trial.

freecreditreport.com is total rip off.

• Kk
    KKKJ Feb 20, 2010

I have never delt with such a scam!!! Watch your account, I cancelled then they waited a month and charged me for 2 more months so I had to call again and they would not credit a thing!!! NEVER AGAIN!!! Big rip off!!!

• Me
    Meynne Feb 24, 2010

I paid for this stupid "service" for 3 MONTHS!!! not once did i see a credit score or credit report because the damn window would never load completely! PLUS they make sure not to tell you that after the "free" trial they automatically rob you of an arm and a leg monthly. What a nice company... they wouldn't even give any money back after i complained about not being able to log on! When i finally had ENOUGH I called to cancel and was stuck on the phone for 20 minutes with some lady who didn't even speak english! DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID.

Jamger Apr 29, 2010

Free Credit Report . Com is a rip off. They scam your money, over charge for services and the info you receive on your credit report is EXPERIAN ONLY!!! It does not give your credit rating for all 3 major reporting services. You have to pay extra if you want that and that cost is way too high.

The customer service people are dumber then rocks.

Very displeased with this company. It should be charged with criminal charges for the scams they are pulling on the public.

• Go
    Goodit Apr 29, 2010

What a SCAM!!! The customer service people don't tell you EVERYTHING that you are going to be charged for. I was told I qualified to have both me and my wife on the card for $14.95 for one year! Then we would get a notice via e-mail reminding us if we wanted to continue service we could keep that price as long as we didn't break the service. The year came along and I noticed they started billing me double. DOUBLE!!! Then I had to literally fight for 45 minutes with the Cust. Svc. Mgr to get the over charge refund. I cancelled my service.

DON'T BUY INTO THIS SCAM. They only show you ONE credit service. They do not show ALL the credit services such as Equifax and the others. If you want to see the other services you have to pay up the nose!!!

THIS IS A SCAM. HOLD ON TO YOUR MONEY.

Don't Tell Your Friends or Your Mom about this SCAM COMPANY because they will get screwed like we did and disown you! WHAT A RIP OFF!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM COMPANY!!!

• Ki
    KissThis Jun 17, 2010

OK ... on the credit scores, they are the PLUS scoring model. There are a LOT of scoring models out there, Beacon, Fico, FCRA, etc. That place uses the plus. They are not in India, they are actually in a very small town in Arkansas. I know because my wife and I BOTH worked there for several years, although we did not work with freecreditreport.com, we worked in another area. I udnerstand your frustration, but please realize, it's not the customer service reps wanting to [censor] you over. It's the upper management making threats of firing the reps unless that have a certain retention rate. The economy is so bad in Arknasas, they they are all scared.

The ways to get a refund are to threaten legal action/BBB Complaints. Trust me on this one. Profanity will give them grounds to hang up. I know there is a small office in the Phillipines that handles a lot of cancellations as well ... and their standards are even higher. They get humilited if they [censor] up.

• Ke
    Kelly Lewis Aug 24, 2010

I have no idea how I missed this when signing up for a FREE credit report but I too, was duped! How are they allowed to access your bank account and charge you for something without your knowledge is unbelievable. Normally you know when you are buying something because you have to put in a debit/credit card #. BUT this company goes right to your checking account and STEALs the money. What a ripoff. Call and cancel immediately-here is the number ...To cancel, please contact Customer Care at 1-888-829-6560

While you are trying to cancel, they waste your time by trying to sell you the product for 1/2 price. It's a joke.

• El
    Elizabeth McCall Aug 24, 2010

I agree with all of the complaint that I read.As I was TRYING HARD to tell the salesperson to PLEASE cancel it. He continued to do his sales pitch and SURE enough I folded! I was desperate to get off the phone. What do they NOT understand
    about NO. Thank you for the telephone number and now I plan to call them and CANCEL it for sure.

[email protected]
    This was on the Free Credit Report.Com Sure was not free !

cheesesilk Sep 29, 2010

The company asked for a $1 fee to protect my identity, then proceeded to charge 14.95 to my account. They claimed that I was notified, but nowhere did I see the notifications. In my opinion they are hidden and in the fine print, and are presented that way intentionally. The company is preying on unassertive customers who will fold when their operator says "you agreed to pay". I told them it was unlawful and they refunded my money. Don't accept con artists with a fancy website stealing your money and other peoples money, use a legit service like experian.

• Je
    jen3442 Dec 16, 2010

I went to find a free credit report and ended up enrolling in some credit monitoring program without knowing it. When I called to get a refund, they would not refund the money and said it was my fault for signing up and the disclosure statement was clear. I believe that I was enrolled in something I did not want and I was not notified that the 7 day free trial of this service was up. This is how companies in this country are screwing people all of the time. Just beware when they ask you to provided a credit card number to get your free report.

• Ha
    Harry Christindome Jan 04, 2011

I DISAGREE!!! IF YOU'RE JUST KEEN IN READING THE IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON THE HOMEPAGE THEN YOU WILL NOT ENCOUNTER THIS TYPE OF PROBLEMS.. THE PROBLEM WITH YOU GUYS IS THAT AS LONG AS YOU CAN SEE A WORD IN GLITTERS SAYING ITS "FREE" YOU JUST CLICK AND CLICK ON IT. DURING THIS HARD TIME THEIRS NO SUCH THING AS FREE GUYS..DON'T BLAME THESE REPRESENTATIVES AND SCREW THEM. ITS NOT AN EASY JOB FOR THEM.. OUR PROBLEM IS WE'RE JUST LAZY EVEN IN READING A SMALL IMPORTANT INFORMATION...AFTERALL, IF ITS FREE THEN WHY YOU GAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER? COMMON SENSE MEN...

• Ha
    Harry Christindome Jan 04, 2011

If we are only keen in reading every detailed information in the site before we provide our personal information then we will not end up like this. We are just TOO LAZY to read stuffs.. Why wait for E-mail. Yes FCR(freecreditreport.com), freecreditscore.com, creditreport.com gives Email notifications informing you of the trail membership... You just go ahead and delete Emails without even reading it.

• Hu
    hunterfischer Jan 07, 2011

.. i agree.. the key word is just READING and UNDERSTANDING..if youre such a fool, dumb.. its not their fault.. i know they are just doin their job..! FREECREDITREPORT.COM is not a scam.. this is a private credit reporting agency.. if you guys want to check your report for FREE, i will repeat just a one time report for FREE just go to ANNUALCREDITREPORT.COM that is a government website then you can get your freakin' credit report there..

• Fe
    Fed up with theives Jan 13, 2011

How can you read the fine print when you didn't sign up for the service to begin with? I went the route of getting my credit report through the FTC-mandated website set up by the government to protect consumers from this very type of fraud. I never gave my credit card information to any company or agency. I just happened to catch the charge when going through my checking account. When I called Free credit report.com they knew I had not signed up for the service. I had to change my credit/debit card through my bank to get this company from accessing it further. The bank has been getting a deluge of complaints from other customers experiencing this problem with the same company. I have also learned that the Florida Attorney Generals Office is investigating this company and the FCC has investigated them and forced them to pay fines. Short of a class action lawsuit a person won't see a refund. But I still am filing a complaint with the Minnesota Attorney General's Office and the Better Business Bureau. I will continue making a stink until a stop is put to it.

• Nc
    ncislover Mar 21, 2011

Okay, this is totally false advertising. If they say "free credit report" it should be free, not luring you in to pay for everything. And on top of all of that, you don't get your credit report unless you pay for it during the trial period! You only get a score, so how do you even know that's right? I'll never trust anything again that says "free" because it is never free, always a catch and/or fee. I hate companies that hide behind false advertising. What ever happened to "truth in advertising?" Oh, yeah, it never existed.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices