Foster Farmsexcessive fat and skin on packaged chicken thighs

R Review updated:

Purchase:
Foster Farm Chicken Thighs
5.25 lbs.
Purchased at Albertsons
Alton Pkwy Center
Irvine CA 92618

Request for Foster Farms production team to be aware of the issue raised. No refund needed.

The attached photos in themselves show the excessive 11 oz of chicken fat and skin found within my recent purchase. Allowing for bones, meat and sufficient skin to cover exposed meat of the purchased 5.25 lbs, the 11 oz described is unnecessary to raise the weight and cost to a customer.

• Us
    User1509635586 Nov 02, 2017

Same problem with thighs purchased at Smart and Final.
    Excess skin deliberately hidden behind product. In CA it's called screw the consumer.
    Won't be buying Foster Farm products again.

• Ta
    Tammy Gruder Hussin Nov 16, 2017

Greetings. I am a consumer protection attorney and I am conducting an investigation into the practice of unfair chicken packaging. If you purchased packaged chicken and discovered an unusually high amount of chicken fat hidden under your chicken, I would like to hear from you. Please contact Tammy Gruder Hussin at (877) 677-5397 or [email protected] Thank you.

Anarqi Oct 18, 2018

I bought some Foster Farms chicken recently and it was full of fat too

• Mr
    Mrs. Ferris Apr 24, 2020

I have been sick over the amount of fat in any Foster Farms chicken products. They even have fat on the boneless skinless chicken parts. I tell everyone I care about to just buy any other brand besides Foster Farms. I bought a rotisserie chicken from Sac and Save and it was as big and beautiful as the Costco rotisserie chicken. The minute I sliced into it, it oozed disgusting fat. I tries to remove as much as I could, but it was cooked and the damage was done. Not one piece of chicken wasn’t coated in fat. I finally boiled it a while and fed it to my dog. I told my daughter that it reminded me of Foster Farms, and I double checked the package. Sadly, they “proudly” advertised “First Street Rotisserie Chicken” and in smaller print “from Foster Farms” chicken. This fat is so ugly and bad for you. If Foster Farms was the only chicken available, I honestly go without. As an example, FF skin is so thick with fat that it a whole chicken has so much fat and excess skin on both ends, it weighs about half as much as the entire chicken. I searched the web to find out more about this fat thing and this is what I found. Why does anyone buy this brand?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices