Forest River2019 wildwood 28rlss

I purchased this Travel trailer brand new in April. It's been in an RV storage until last Friday. I am using it for an extended stay while building a house. We were not given even decent instruction on use so I've watched tons of videos. We couldn't get hot water to come on. So watched video and I stood outside while husband switched on the gas water heater. It lit as I watched and as I was checking the flame was blue and not orange.. I look up and the tail light located directly above it is MELTING. I immediately yelled to turn it off.. what genius puts a gas water heater directly below a plastic light cover??
This is a very dangerous error that could have burned my RV down and if we'd been inside us along with it!
I am waiting to hear what will be done and am interested to see if this has happened to others. There are a lot of small quality issues with the trailer, seams loose, shower doors leak, doors do not close because latches were not drilled properly, one side of storage wont lock... just makes me wonder what else is wrong that I can't see..

La