Fly Dubaiair travel and ticket cost reimbusrement

L

Les zinger
2273 sparrow ridge dr
Marietta, ga. 30066
Usa

To: the ceo of emirates airline
The ceo of fly dubai airline

Subject: fly dubai flight 304 8 nov 2011 kabul to dubai cancellation
Date: 29 december 2011

Background
On 8 nov 2011 I had to purchase a fly dubai ticket at the kabul airport ticket counter due to the cancellation of my earlier kam air flight. The price of the ticket was $450 usd cash. I only received a boarding pass, and was not issued a ticket or separate receipt for flight no. Fz 304, boarding at 1705. The flight boarded and left the gate on time; however an issue with the aircraft departing became apparent while taxiing to the runway. The aircraft stopped for approximately 1 hr before the captain made the announcement that the aircraft had a minor problem and he had a plan a and plan b. Plan a was to have a safi airline tech (Whom is certified to work on airbus) to try and fix the problem on the boeing 737. After about another hour the plane taxied back to gate and the passengers where deplaned. We sat in the gate waiting area from about 6:30 pm until 9 pm without any updates regarding the status of the flight. During that period of time, fly dubai only provided coffee and nuts to the passenger even after I requested that they take the food off the plane and distribute it since most of the passengers had been waiting at the airport since 2 pm. When the last flight left (Safi) at 6:20 pm the little store in the terminal closed and there was no where to get something to eat or drink.
At 9 pm the fly dubai agent announced that the fly dubai manger for afghanistan will be coming to the terminal to speak to us. The manager arrived at about 10:00 pm and announced that they will be unloading the baggage from the aircraft and each person will have to retrieve their bags and leave the airport since the airport was closed and the police require passengers to leave.
The fly dubai agent collect everyone’s boarding pass, had each passenger put their name and phone number on a notepad and we were told that we would be contacted by 8:30 the next morning with direction on how to proceed. When queried about tickets for the next day’s flight he refused to respond.
Fly dubai left every passenger stranded that night missing their international connections in dubai and would offer no assistance in rebooking flights, did not provide meals or accommodations or pay the cost for the rescheduled connecting flights that we missed that night. The cost to change my delta flight 7 ticket from 8 nov to 9 nov was $432 due to the difference in fare rates of a last minute ticket.
Kabul is in a war zone with poor security. Fly dubai would not even provide transportation for the people to exit the airport and provide them with security until their respective company’s security could pick them up. I had to walk alone with my baggage almost & frac34; of a mile at night to the airport’s exit where I could meet my security, putting me at great risk during that long dark walk.
Fly dubai supposedly is a first rate airline owned by emirates and it showed no compassion, concern or support for their passengers during this ordeal. A stray dog is treated better than we were. The airline did not even provide the minimum as required by iata by their member airlines.
When I returned home at 11 pm, I went on the internet as did others and purchased a safi airline ticket for the next morning and paid to change my delta ticket to 9 nov.
It is my understanding that airlines are supposed to pay for the ticket change cost when the people cannot make their connection due to direct failure for the airline. I understand that when delays are due weather, security related, or event or circumstance beyond the airlines control the airline is not liable for any additional costs. Mechanical failure is well within the airlines control.
To make matters worse the next day when I arrived in dubai, I went to terminal 2 and spoke with the fly dubai manager, anis atallah. Mr. Atallah basically told me, too bad, he was not going to do anything and all I could was to get on the internet and email [protected]@flydubai.
I have attached my baggage claim ticket (Proof of checking in for the flight) , and my delta tickets for 8 nov for $1320.72 the ticket for 9 nov was $1751.90.
I am requesting fly dubai to reimburse me for the additional cost resulting from their aircraft’s equipment failure which resulted in me not getting to dubai until 9 nov, 1 day after my original flight.
Respectfully,