Flagship Fantasea Resorts Atlantic Cityairline tickets scam

L

I was contacted via phone by the Flagship Fantasea Resorts in Atlantic City to take a tour of their facilities and in exchange for my time, I get FOUR airline tickets, 2 nights stay at a hotel for a mini vacation, $25 dining card and $20 cash from a casino. I just took the tour this weekend which lasted 3 hours instead of 90 to 120 minutes because they drag their feet and bring over 4 additional people to talk to you.

The biggest fraud is the airline tickets. You have to book your hotel through the same travel agency that you get your "free" airline tickets from. The number of nights you have to stay at these relatively expensive hotels are 7 to 9 nights. So, if I fly from Newark to Honolulu, I have to stay 10 nights and the cheapest hotel is $269. You can find cheaper hotels for the same quality. I asked about this on the phone but they lied and said the required number of nights stay is 3 to 5 nights. So, don't be fooled now that I tell you.

I did get the $25 cash from Tropicano but don't know if the other 2 parts - $25 dining card and 2 nights are scams too. You have send it this and that to claim them so they put you through the ringer to get the "gifts".

I guess when it sounds too good to be true, it's indeed not true.

NoScammySammy Aug 02, 2018

ha hah love how these scammers think that nobody in this day and age of internet Google would check on them ...these guys Fantasea " Resorts..etc...have a pretty bad report...i was called on phone after filling out ( i knew then it was a scam) a card at a street fair that touted "" ha ha ha they called many times finally left message claiming i had "already won" ...so called back at (different number 1-800# as per instruction and left message, , Mr Morgan...ha ha ha calls me back starts the spiel...stay over nite he says..."stay overnite" like a mantra of [censored]...so lfinallly i asked if this was pitch for timeshare and he says yes..when i declined, saying already process of dumping my current timeshare..he goes on to say come down listen to their pitch take the tour "stay overnite" ...ha ha ha needless to say when or if they ever get back to me to " confirm" my overnite" i will let them know ...NO THANKS ...buh BYE NOw...Fantasea Flagship Resorts...blub blub going down with all aboard...not me baby

NoScammySammy Aug 02, 2018

@NoScammySammy they now call back with yet another # saying trying to reach me to confirm and claim my "overnite...ha ha ha FYI here are the numbers so you can block and delete them from your phone logs...[protected], [protected], [protected]... a scam will always sound too good...best just don't answer call or fill out any "you can win" [censored] anywhere, anytime any how...

• To
    TooUpsetting Jan 18, 2018

It's 2018 and Fantasea Flagship are still up to their old tricks. Let's just say I agreed to all of the breath taking offers over the phone, but after reading all of these unhappy consumer reports, I will NOT be attending any tours or accepting any offers. Thank you, thank you & thank you!!!

Matt K31. Nov 06, 2017

Thank goodness for this website! After numerous voicemails were left by Fantasea/Flagship Resorts telling me I had one an incredible package of gifts, I finally answered and listened to the whole spiel. I won the vacation packages and everything else mentioned in other posts here. I agreed to the meeting at Flagship, but afterwards I did a google search and found tons of reviews from unhappy customers. Thank you for saving me a trip to AC and a waste of my beautiful Sunday.

• Ji
    Jim Kettinger Nov 01, 2017

I received the same call but they wanted me to come to Resorts to "pickup" my gifts. I was excited because I don't make much money, I never win anything, and I was happy at the prospect of taking my lady on a real vacation. As the call progressed, I was getting leery, thinking, "If they are willing to drop $5, 000 on a giveaway, surely they can pony up for the postage to mail the package to my house." But then I thought that maybe Resorts sponsored the package and they wanted to try to make a sale in exchange for the sponsorship, which is fine. But then the woman on the phone said that I have to bring my spouse. I said I'm not legally married. She said that I checked 'engaged' on my entry form, so I have to bring my spouse. I said, "Yes, I am engaged, which means I don't have a spouse, yet." She shifted to the next topic. Then I had to bring a credit card. I don't know why, since I'd be receiving these "gifts, " what difference did it make whether I had a credit card?

I hung up the phone feeling stupid.

Thank you all for sharing your stories. It saved me the effort of finding a baby sitter for my three children and a three hour commute to sit through a presentation of empty promises. For SEO purposes, anything with Resorts contest, Resorts entry free airline tickets is a scam. Save your time.

• Ki
    Kidd2 Aug 04, 2017

Go to this site: http://www.sellmytimesharenow.com/timeshares/index/content/details/AdNumber/1918230/sale/
    You can buy a time share here for $500. Need I say more?????? They have over 3, 000 people trying to sell...should tell you something...RIPOFF

Chucksterrat Aug 04, 2017

Well it is August of 2017 and this is still going on. My husband and just came form this "presentation." Man it is long and the salespeople are tough. I haven't looked at the so called" free" gifts yet but after reading some of these reviews I am prepared to find out that nothing is "free." These "timeshares" are very expensive. They quoted us a price of around $23, 000. Payable at 17% interest in 7 years. You pay a yearly maintenance fee of I want to say $500+ They will promise you the world, the best accommodations, the best of everything, excellent discounts, Rome for $189 a week staying in a villa at super discounted airline fees, but once you say no the "deal breaker guy gets nasty. You talk to 3-4 different "car salesman" and it gets old and it gets annoying and it gets tiring. but once you say no, suddenly the price drops by 50%. That is a red flag. In addition, the Flagship is an outdated hotel. They show you one room that has been redone and the view is stunning. The remodeled room beautiful. I wonder how many people can always secure the ocean view side? What do the rest of the rooms look like??? The rest of the "hotel" has worn out rugs and the hallways are not in good shape. The people are not upscale at all and honestly I have no idea how any of them can afford this timeshare. Unless you have money to burn and lots of time walk away. Don't waste your time going, don't waste your time with these people.

• Mu
    muose Jun 17, 2017

we also just received a invite.
    What is the name of the travel agency with all those restrictions ? I would like to call them on a short trip to see if they are legit

salamanca_magic Sep 05, 2016

I also got "the call" and while I was was speaking to the representative, warning bells were alarming in my head and so I googled "fantasea scam". The link took me here right away. Thank you for your honest opinion guys!

• Vi
    Vidya Jyothi Aug 05, 2016

Hey thanks a lot for the information, we also got a call from the same people and they said the same gifts, we have been to atlantic city 3 months back and we signed up for some car lucky draw .They have appointed a day for the tour today, but after reading this, not going at all...you saved my time.:-)

• Li
    Lisa Torres Cardenas May 21, 2016

To hardworking citizen, i'd get the tow truck driver on speed dial!!
    They are still at it after all these years though ... Called me a couple weeks ago and told me that i won 4 tickets for airfare at a mets game. After reading the email i immediately knew this was timeshare smh

• Ha
    hardworking citizen Mar 22, 2016

riidiculous

• Ha
    hardworking citizen Mar 22, 2016

My complaint is about the ignorant employees of Flagship that have cars picking them up and parking in my driveway. Flagship does nothing to address this, because they clearly don't care. It doesn't matter if it's ten minutes 20 minutes or an hour, you are not supposed to park on the driveway side of the street. Flagship employees also stand and smoke in my driveway, then have the audacity to have an attitude when asked to move.The Atlantic City police department needs to do a better job enforcing the parking rules as well. Flagship could at least do a better job of showing some concern about community relations, and how their employee's, and or the rides that pick them up conduct themselves.It is not acceptable to park on the driveway side of the street. It is not acceptable to park in a private driveway and go away for hours, minutes or any amount of time. There is a large parking area at the side of Flagship building, correct ? Walk a half block and get your ride, or park your car.I'm sure Flagship employees are very hardworking individuals, but so am I, and I pay my taxes just like everyone who works in your building.I don't think any of them or their family or friends would appreciate this situation if it were their property.I'm sure they'd be outraged.

• Th
    Thank God For The Internet! May 07, 2015

Be ready for a smooth and strong sales person on the phone. I was given a call that I was selected from a Wine Festival raffle for a Fly Away Get Away. She told me I won 4 RoundTrip Airfare tickets to multiple destinations. Sponsored by Flagship Resorts to promote their Premiere Deeded Vacation Membership. All I have to do is tour their resort in Atlantic City to pick up the vacation package. At first, I figured that this was just the way they market their product because I am in Sales too. Soon after, however, she asked if I had a significant other and when I said yes, she said it was required that he comes with me to the tour. When I joked that perhaps I should have said I was single, she used scare tactics to smoothly say that if I lied, I wouldn't be given the package. That's when I knew this was a scam. She also pressured me to schedule the visit and used scare tactics that she might not be able to get me in a time slot if I don't. Oh, and lastly, she said I need to bring a credit card for this tour and said it was just so they knew I had a credit card. When I called her out that it's a strange request, she did a run around of my comment. I told her I'd call back and am so thankful for the internet confirming that it is a scam. From my research, it seems like this Flagship tour in Atlantic City would be a mind screw of stock brokers trying to convince you to invest thousands of your hard earned dollars into their timeshares while using your "winning" as bait. Wolves of Atlantic City? No such thing as a free lunch guys. People are left with large amounts of debt with these empty promises that get them airfare but wait, you have to pay for the hotel which cost more. Why is this company still allowed to do this? Is there anything that we, as hardworking middle class citizens, can do to take down companies like this?

• Sc
    Scarlettt1 Feb 25, 2015

I've been a Bluegreen owner since 2006 and have never had any problem booking what I want, when I want. I created a group of happy Bluegreen owners because I was tired of all the erroneous negative information I saw posted. I have now met hundreds of happy Bluegreen owners. If you take the time to learn how to use the membership you chose to buy...you will love it !

• Mr
    Mr and Mrs Feb 15, 2015

We just were there yesterday and we felt pressured by this guys when we found out it was a scam. We had about 4 guys surrounded us and we thought we are not getting out of their alive. They looked Mafia type and kept of pressuring us to take $2000 from us to get us started. When we said we can't afford it, the price brought down to $1300 we still managed to say NO and the guy made us feel like S**t and told us that someone will show us out to the gifts we won. While getting the information about the gift they still had a guy around us watching us what we do. I kept on looking from the corner of my eye that he is noticing us and hearing us. We just want to get the hell out of there. It was extremely scary experience for us and NEVER EVER will participate on anything that is too good to be True. Keep in mind THERE'S NOTHING FREE IN THIS WORLD. If its FREE you have price to PAY. Stay away from these crooks and wish this can be illegal and they all can throw to JAIL. These are playing with your head and pressuring you to get your $$$. No one should do this to you. SO when you get a phone call just tell them to F**K Off and get a real JOB.

• Vi
    vivalabitchy Dec 30, 2014

I just received a call from these people after entering into a contest for a newport mall gift certificate I knew it was a scam when I was asked to bring a major credit card to atlantic city. I asked the caller why I need a credit card if I supposedly won 4 tickets and her whole demeanor changed and she became snappy with attitude so I hung up. This is a scam and it should be illegal.

Stoni28 Nov 20, 2014

I attended the Seafood Festival at Bader Field in Atlantic City and filled out a form promising free trips etc. About 2 months later I received a phone call from a telemarketer telling me that I had "won" a sweepstakes! I was scheduled for a 2 hour tour of the Flagship (I live 5 minutes away) and I would receive my free gifts. After reading the comments above, I will not be attending. Doesn't sound "free" or even if it is, it doesn't sound worth while. Thank you for the honest comments! You saved me and my husband 2 hours that we would've never gotten back!

• Da
    Dazed and Disgusted Nov 19, 2014

Although I was not offered Tickets or any "Dream Vacations" my wife and I were virtually hijacked while walking on the Boardwalk and taken into a large conference room where we were invited to listen to a "Life Changing" offer. We were also told the offer would take about 1 hour of our time and we wouldn't regret the time spent listening to it. Approximately 4 hours later, we were the PROUD OWNERS of a bi-annual Timeshare at FantaSea Resorts. At the time, cash on hand was very limited so we had to make arrangements to pay the down over a few weeks. When we owed on the Down Payment we heard from several people there telling us we were going to love it when our membership was activated and someone would be in contact with us to assist us on issues such as banking our week, how to book rooms and use the Resort and take advantage of other "Benefits" of our membership at FantaSea. Well as it happens, as soon as the down was paid and they had the information to get our monthly payment, the calls and updates stopped. I called several times to the numbers provided and got voicemail messages which I left but never got any sort of reply to. Then around June of this Year I got an Invoice from BLUEGREEN Resorts. I had no idea who these people were but the invoice was dated 1/1/2014 and stated it was for Maintenance Fees and Real Estate Taxes for 2013. I hadn't entered into any agreement with BLUEGREEN but after several attempts found out these were the fees and taxes for FantaSea. I informed the people at BLUEGREEN that I did not enter into an agreement with FantaSea until 2/14/2014. They said these were the fees and taxes due on the timeshare from 2013 and they would get me an answer but never did. I continued calling FantaSea about this and never got a response. Finally on September 15, 2014 I went to Atlantic City and stayed at another Resort (FREE I might add) and paid the folks at FantaSea a visit while in town. I met with someone who told me that I did not in fact owe those fees and taxes and to ignore the invoice. They went on to say that BLUEGREEN was contracted to handle maintenance fee billing and had "Screwed everything up" and that FantaSea was in the process of taking the Maintenance Fee billing back in house and that BLUEGREEN was "Screwing everything up" and that they were getting many calls and complaints about them. I was told that everything would be straightened out and would receive another invoice soon. In the meantime I was told that a gentleman would be calling me to "Immediately resolve" the issue of my inability to bank my week and my Ambassador would be in touch with me to assist me in getting EVERYTHING else resolved. The gentleman never did call and when my Ambassador called me she was VERY rude and told me that the very night I was there, new invoices were mailed out. I have still not received any other invoice than the original from BLUEGREEN. I called the person in Atlantic City who did return my call two days later and left me a message on my voicemail to call her so she could get updated on my situation. She even gave me her cell phone number and asked me to call her and she would get back to me as soon as she heard from me. I called her Cell left a message and naturally GOT NO REPLY. So finally in October, totally frustrated, I contacted my bank and stopped the ACH authorization to FantaSea. Naturally, since then, they call regularly. I finally did answer the call. The agent wanted to know when I would be making a payment. I informed her that until the Maintenance fees were resolved there would be no more payments, that as far as I was concerned, they were in Breach of Contract and thus terminated the agreement themselves. She told me she had nothing to do with Maintenance Fees and only wanted my payment. I replied that until I was able to utilize what was promised to me I was not paying another cent for nothing. I was then transferred to what turned out to be BLUEGREEN who said they were JUST TAKING OVER Administration of Maintenance Fees and needed time to research the issue and to call back on 11/20/2014. As of today, the standoff continues. This is one fine example of a business that once they think they have you committed takes the approach of "Don't call us we'll call you" when issues arise. At this point I am taking the necessary steps to get out of this "Agreement" and am even willing to just walk away if they will stop any harassment.

• Kj
    KJwordy Nov 03, 2014

Ok, for the record FantaSea Resorts deals with hundreds of thousands of people a year, has over 45k owners, an A+ with the BBB, an offers an interval Intentional high demand low supply property with great exchange power far below competitors like Marriott, Hyatt, Sheraton, Westin, Four Seasons, Atlantis, etc. It is the largest private employer in Atlantic City for 24 years, has one of the highest satisfaction rates among owners in both II & RCI & is a top 25 member producing company Worldwide. You can't please everyone. But to say it is a scam because you came for a timeshare tour & your airline tickets came with a hotel stay? Really? It tells you in the email. You know you are coming for a presentation. And then, according to your own statements you rejected 4 offers & bought the cheapest thing offered you are shocked it isn't exactly like what people paid 4 times as much for? C'mon... You get what you pay for. & if you paid nothing & are mad that the real estate commission doesn't allow you to purchase real estate after drinking (tours start at 11AM, last one at 4pm BTW) you are probably one that would sue for taking advantage of you being drunk if you did tour. Sorry some had a bad time. It is certainly not the norm.

• Ni
    Niyah4 Apr 26, 2017

@KJwordy I just received the same phone call and realize these people are vicious sharks I really what they were doing because there sale pitch is the same like other hotels trying to con you into locked timeshare property I am so glad I found other people that realized its a another scam and they seem so nice on the phone but I know once I take the bait to visit and decline you become their bait and then they start sending in other sharks to feed you some more broken promises WTF yrs ago I used to work as a sales telemarketer so I know the pitch you have to do to get clients so they tell lies to get their sales smdh

• Do
    DONATELLADIMAGIO Oct 27, 2014

I WOULD TRULY LIKE TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR SAVING MY DAY TOMORROW. I WAS ALL SET TO GET UP EARLY AND EVEN HIRE A SITTER FOR MY KIDS TO RUN OVER TO AC AFTER THESE SCAMMING FOOLS CALLED ME TO SET A SECOND APPOINTMENT TO COME TO AC AND COLLECT THESE WONDERFUL PRIZES I WON. I WENT TO CIRCLE OF SISTERS IN NYC EARLY OCTOBER AND RECEIVED A CALL LIKE ALL OF YOU, WHICH ADVISED THAT I WON THIS FANTABULOUS PRIZE THAT I COULD NOT LET PASS ME BY AND SOMETHING TOLD ME THAT I SHOULD CHECK OUT REVIEWS ON THE FLAGSHIP ONLINE AND THANK GOODNESS I DID. I'VE SAT THROUGH TIMESHARE PRESENTATIONS BEFORE, BUT AT LEAST YOU GOT "REAL COMPENSATION" FOR YOUR TIME. WHO WANTS TO GET AIRLINE TICKETS AND WIND UP PAYING FOR THEM VIA HIGH PRICED HOTELS? THAT IS SO DAMN SAD! THESE COMPANIES OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES. THEY TAKE POOR HARDWORKING PPL AND MAKE THEM BELIEVE THAT FOR ONCE IN THEIR LIVES SOMETHING GOOD IS HAPPENING TO THEM AND INSTEAD RIP THEM OFF. THAT IS COMPLETELY HEARTLESS! HOWEVER, LIKE ALL ### COMPANIES OUT THERE, WHICH PRACTICE UNETHICALLY, THEY ONE DAY FALL. YOU GUYS DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH READING YOUR MESSAGES MEAN TO ME. THANKS AGAIN HONEST PPL. P.S. FLAGSHIP REPS, I KNOW IT IS HARD TO GET A JOB OUT THERE, BUT WORKING FOR A COMPANY THAT STOOPS SO LOW AND BEHAVES SO DESPERATELY TO GAIN A BUCK IS JUST SHAMEFUL. PLEASE LOOK ELSEWHERE FOR WORK!

• Bu
    bunny2861 Oct 15, 2014

thank u guys, , , I was just contacted too..sounded fishy..so I googled it..U guys are awesome for saving others. I sincerely hope u are able to sue these heartless scammers!!

• Ga
    Gambino Sep 11, 2014

I would like to know if anyone has actually gone through with the plane tickets and booking at one of their properties? I just received a phone call which they stated everything that everyone is saying above. I need to book a minimum of 7 nights domestically and 9 internationally. However, she mentioned that I could use the airline tickets to London/Paris. Airline tickets to London for 2 from Philadelphia aren't cheap. So I am curious EVEN if I had to book at one of their properties if in the end it would be worth it if you were going somewhere internationally. Has anyone actually used the airline tickets while staying at their other properties? Also, once you get to those properties...is there a time share presentation that you are forced to sit through all over again?

Highly doubt I will take the tour...I am just curious.

• Gi
    GIA914 Jan 25, 2014

They notified that I won a trip from something I filled out at a fair. She said I won 4 plane tickets, a mini three day vacation, book of coupons and dining vouchers. She said all you have to do is listen to the presentation about time shares and you will get your winnings. Well come to find out you have to make a certain amount of money to be allowed into the presentation. They said since I didn't make 50k I can't get my prize. What a scam!! If I won something why does it matter how much I make?
    They are FRAUDS!!! SCAM ARTISTS!!!RUN!!!

chris85tc Jan 22, 2014

In July 4th of 2012 I attended an auto show at the Oaks convention center in Oaks PA and there was a large enticing display. This display offered discount vacations and a trip without actually disclosing the intent behind this display except the possibility of a getaway weekend. I filled out a slip and a week later I received a call explaining if I came and listened to a 120-150 minute presentation I would receive a 3 day and 2 night getaway, coupon book for the Walk Outlet Stores in Atlantic City, 2 tickets for a buffet at the Resorts hotel, 2 show tickets at Resorts and 100 dining card. Also I was told that I had to be present for the tour by the following Sunday after I received this call in order to qualify for the “gifts”.
    I arrived at FantaSea resorts on Saturday July 8th at approximately 12 noon was asked to fill out a form and sat waiting for a representative to go over the package with me. I waited for about an hour before I was introduced to this young fellow who started to welcome me to their “fabulous resort”. I was then brought into a large room with a lot of other people apparently being given the same presentation. Throughout the presentation there were mini “celebrations” happening throughout the room. I later figured out what that was. Basically the salespeople “suckered” another couple to purchase their timeshare. I believe it was more of a celebration for the sales people than the people suckered. Anyway the during my presentation the salesperson told me all these wonderful vacation spots I could go to for a lot less than if I were not a member of their resort. He continued with all sorts of propaganda never really explaining what this was all about for about 2 hours. At multiple times I wanted to leave and made this very clear. He would then get up and walk over to another fellow whom would then come over and state I would not get the getaway weekend unless I let the salesperson complete his presentation. 2 hours in I still had virtually no idea what this was exactly about, I did realize that it was a timeshare but I was then becoming hypnotized into believing this was something that would benefit me because I do like to travel and this timeshare would allow me to do this. Finally I was then given a tour through the resort. He showed me this Fabulous room, it was extremely nice, I was very impressed. Showed me exercise rooms restaurants, all kinds of nice amenities.
    After the 2 hour talk about exotic vacation spots and how much I could save on travel and vacationing I saw the rooms. I was then escorted back to the large room and the high pressure sales started going into hour 3. I then started to tell the sales person that I was not really interested in the “program” it was not in my budget. Of course at this point I still did not know the cost, but I was ready to go, this is when the high pressure sales began. He proceeded to tell me how owning here would be a total investment and would appreciate in value just like my home. He told me it was “real estate” and an investment that I could easily sell in the future if it was not something I wanted to continue keeping. I was also shown a map at a display showing future development of an amusement/entertainment park much like Disney and that sort of thing. He said I am getting in on the “ground floor” and this was an excellent opportunity to have a valuable commodity. So at this point I am thinking ok maybe this would be good. He then brought me to a wall of monitors showing beautiful vacation spots I can exchange my week for and go anywhere anytime. I was also told I could do this without using my “week” and actually rent my unit out for my week at a profit. After showing me various displays on the “benefits” of owning here I was then escorted again back into the large room. Still I was on the fence about this whole thing, but I was being persuaded. So I then asked what is this going to cost me? He then went on to tell me that cost is negligible because I could get maintenance fees waved if I referred people to the resort. I was also shown a “membership” package that was worth $5995 that they would throw in the deal for free, and if I did not purchase today the offers would expire. Plus he told me I could have my friends and family could use it in my place. I was also told I could use the resort anytime I like because I was a “member”.
    Now it was time to find out the actual cost, this was when they told me it was a great deal at $15, 900 and they could finance it no problem and with the $5995 Platinum package thrown it I was getting a bargain. I then said no. This was when the salesperson went and got another fellow to come over and speak to me. This fellow started to say this is a great opportunity and I am missing out on a great investment. I told him I could not afford it, it was too expensive. He then stood up and said let me see what I can do. He walked away and left me there with a catalog of great vacation spots to browse. I was waiting at least another 15-20 minutes. He then returned saying “you are in luck another couple just upgraded their package and traded in their old package, I can offer this to you for less”. So at this point I am feeling pretty good, thinking wow I can get a $20K plus deeded timeshare for $12, 900, getting maintenance fees waived owning property in Atlantic City. By this time I had been here for about 4 hours. Then on to the finance office which was another crazy time. I was told I would get unlimited or “High Peak” downstairs, what I was presented with was restricted package. I then again told them I wanted out. Oh I had also already used my debit card for down payment of $1879. I was told I could not get out of it now but they will upgrade what I “actually” purchased to the High Peak season or “Red” season. I then said ok to continue. Oh and there was congratulations all over from the staff. Also in the Large room they announced me as a new owner blah blah blah.
    So now 16 months have passed, I have paid monthly 191.60 plus $476 for maintenance fees and have yet to use this thing. I have not received my 3 night 2 day vacation getaway, this was a total scam and very difficult to get anybody at “Grand Incentives”. I also paid them $150 and still have nothing. I did however get the 2 show tickets and buffet for Resorts. Never received the $100 dinner gift card. Now I am also discovering that this thing is worthless and I can’t sell or rent. So now I am basically $5000 into this thing with a debt of $11, 500 for virtually nothing. I was completely duped into this thing with lies and high pressure. I also tried throughout this summer to get a room to stay during a weekend, as I was told because I was a Platinum member I could stay at a discount not as a user of my timeshare unit. This of course proved virtually untrue, I could not get a room and when I finally was able to get one it was absolutely not what I was shown during my presentation. It was dirty and disgusting and I would not ever want to stay there. Therefore I feel I should be able to have this debt or contract cancel due to fraud and deceptive practices.

STAY AWAY

• Thanks, everyone, for your response and saving me a wasted day. Me and my husband got calls this morning from the company -- they told us we "won" this offer by entering a raffle at the Long Island Home Show. It sounded like a scam, and I guess it is! Maybe we'll just head down to AC anyway, but instead of wasting our time being hard-sold on a timeshare at a dumpy hotel (and getting these make-believe "gifts"), we'll enjoy the boardwalk and dining.

• Ti
    ticked_off_in_PA Nov 05, 2013

I am in the middle of trying to cancel a reservation with Fantasea and they are not allowing me to do so without incurring the total charges for the room. I have been bounced from person to person and I will be disputing this with the creditcard company. I also called the other department about the timeshare and have requested to be removed from their scam lists.

• Sp
    spalto Oct 21, 2013

Hi Everybody,
    We also joined Fantasea back in 2011 and so far it is a nightmare except the Florida trip that we exchanged two years ago. I just want to find out how to get out of our contract without too much money to spend. They promised us a lot of things and none of them has been fulfilled. The airline tickets that they gave us are BS because they want you to check in at one of their affiliated hotels which are all expensive per night. They told me that the owner is responsible of selling the timeshare and not single help from them.
    Please let me know if there is anyway I could get out of this nightmare. Thank you guys

John-Luck Oct 15, 2013

You save me a trip to A/C from NY, Thank you all for the report, I did not waste my day.

• Up
    Upset guess Aug 22, 2013

This hotel is a joke. we had reservations for 8/15..check 8/16...our room was so Horriable. It has the worest smell. and mold in the bathroom. On top of that it was empty condom boxes in our room. The entire room was grosssssssss...we crashed with some family memeber is thier room. The elevators where not working will at least 3 out of the five elvators where not working . Took us 20 min to get up staris to our room and 35 min wait on the way down. I have loads of pictures if anyone wants to see them.
    i would offer hoest a dog show with Free trickets at Fanta Sea resorts...!!

• Sc
    Screw Flagship Resorts Jul 13, 2013

We went down today for a 1:30 appointment. After a 2+ hour drive we decided to have a beer in the bar on the 7th floor, mind you, 1 beer. We asked the bartender if we could take them with us to the outside deck by the pool, he said no. But we could put them in a plastic cup, which he provided.. So we then took a walk around the pool, etc, enjoyed the view while finishing our beer and had a cigarette. There are butt cans, but no trash cans. We then proceeded inside to the "Welcome Center" where we had to sit and fill out a form. Still not seeing any trash cans, I stacked our 2 empty cups together on the table and proceeded to the "registration" desk. Where as we were being signed in a man named Howard popped up and inquired if we had been consuming beer...which we both replied yes we each had one. He then said the policy is we are not permitted to participate in the tour and BS because of the alcohol...WTF The 4 page long email of retrictions, requirements, etc. should state this if in fact it is their policy!!! Total BullSh*t.

• Pb
    pbilly Jun 03, 2013

Same thing with us! We thought we actually WON something for a change. We had filled out some raffle thing at The Home Improvement and Landscaping Show at The Nassau Coliseum. We got a call telling us that we WON the 4 airline tickets and we would have to go down to Atlantic City to pick them up after sitting through a timeshare presentation. Our sales person was very nice and great at being friendly and explaining how the timeshare would make vacations much more affordable. We haven't been down to Atlantic City in about 20 years so we decided to go check out the Boardwalk and Casinos and sit through the presentation for as much as we could take, and YES each deal got better and better as we continued to call for a "PASS!" Each time a new sales guy would be brought in to make a new sweeter offer. 3 HOURS in at the very end, a final incredible "vacation" club kind of arrangement was offered to us because we continued to say we could not fit this in our monthly budget! Finally the salesman said in a "friendly " but stern tone "You will get whatever gifts you were promised!" After reading through these airfare tickets are only available through FantaSea's Travel Agency and have STRICT REQUIREMENTS, seems like you will have to pay premium rates for the rooms. WE WON A WASTE of a perfectly awesome weather day! with our only accomplishment being a 6:00 PM walk on the boardwalk and a long drive home feeling stupid.

• Na
    NanDsween Jan 02, 2013

We were promised the 4 round trip airfare tickets, $ 600.00 in $$ for the outlets and dining certificates just to see the new resort which when I asked if it was a timeshare the girl on the phone said just come and look its not just a timeshare . The travel certificates are bogus way expensive to use just to get the airfare . It wasn't made clear how you could use them. Anyway thank god we didn't fall in hard and only lost a few hours of our time for $$.00 $$$ . The spending money is a coupon book and I have to send in to receive what they hand out there at the outlets . Say No thank you when the marketing person calls you . No matter how persistent they are . @ hours turned out to be 3 and they were sending in everyone they could to kiss our butts ...but no hand shake from the closer who didn't close !!! have a nice day and walked away !!!

• Ep
    EPotts Dec 06, 2012

I beat you all. Not only were the gifts bogus and with loopholes, I got suckered in after 5 hours of sweet deal after sweet deal. I finally got suckered out of 18 grand, then nothing but aggravation for 3 years of ownership. The day we bought, my arm almost fell off from all the handshakes and promises... all the beautiful friendships... all the golf we were gonna play. together. That was the last I heard from these ###. Back to the 3 years of ownership. Spend a week there, get your room cleaned once! Owners get room service once a week! Wait for an elevator is an average 5 mins. Sometimes, you wait 15 minutes!!! Pay your maintenance fee early to secure your room, right? Bullcrap! 'If you're not here at check-in, you lose', I was told. 'The desk doesn't know what marketing does'. Ain't that nice! Air conditioning thermostats are under the vents. You swaet your ### off for 7 days. On and on I can go, but I'm finally relieved of this nightmare. Costly lesson indeed, but what goes around comes around. And here's the final kick in the butt. To supposedly liquidate this fantasy (it sure was a fantasy!) I had to pay another $1800, and guess who wound up with the ownership, again!? May they burn in hell, the lowlife SOB's! Thank you. You, too, can kick me in the butt as I leave ;)

• He
    hector Perez Nov 24, 2017

@EPotts i am very sorry about all the people bad experience with this time share company. i am also very aware of the line company tell u that it sound too good to be true( i worked in the industry) never lied or took advantage of the customer.!!! BUT i tell u now most people who get caught up in these deal they think is true and real happen because that what they u everyone is looking for, sad to say but in trues the customer set them self up to be taken for the ride. and that called greed . american want everything giving to them want the world pearl in there hand but bottom line is that doesn't happen or exist nothing is free nothing is giving with no cost nothing will be your pearl in time. i went thru the same song and dance that u all did Unlike some who mind, heart was filled with all the glitter and better lifestyle then they had let them self be fooled, seduced by ALL THE PROMISES NEVER ONCE LOOKING AT THE small fine print. please dont mustunderstand me my heart goes out to everyone who didn't get what was said and promised. but they didn't break no law and would not lose any lawsuit unless they r just out right devils/liars . there a saying in the street of NYC Ghettos people get suckered or beat (not by force ) but by there own greed expecting something for nothing. I dont agree with fantasea tactics, but i me my wife dictated the flow, the conversation we were in control, never allowing the salesperson to dictate what we thought or have us on a string. We were in charge we we we . and the end of a 3 hr abduction by fantasea i we didn't give damm thing, i got a 2 yr contract to use hotel space as a owener, lower price anywhere around the world where they have building. i collected everyone of the gift promised to me and my wife. i have setup this weekend at a very decent price, i also getting ready to get 7 day stay in seattle washington plus still have another 7 day stay anywhere i choose, plus discount for 4 day stay in atlantic city.
    i have 2 yrs of all this without paying any any maintenance fee. none none and get all the perks . now why is my experience different then most people here and it come down to one simple thing NOTHING IN LIFE ANY WHERE IN THIS WORLD, , , , U GET SOMETHING FOR NOTHING PERIOD so i waited asked ??? was Polite spoke with Asst Mg, , Top mg AND SAID NO TO ALL THERE OFFERs BECAUSE IT WAS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE PERIOD.
    i finally meet the man the man in charge and was offered 2yr with all owners benefits without any of the responsibly like maintenance fees, and got 2 yr vac of 7 day free plus ticket for rm at 59.99 weekday and 99.99 weekends. there building service personnel are complete AAA status to me & with the deal i got these 2 next years are going to be the best for us.
    Gist of my comment r not tom brag or boast it to remind everyone who not rich, that the rich get rich from us the ones who want or believe that want tom believe u can get lots for a little. after my 2yr is up i get to decide if i want all in or do another 2yrs .or just bounce out not bad at all from a smuck from the BOOGIE DOWN BRONX wish there were more like me feel real bad about the people who get deceived i hate that good luck and never stop fighting them until u win good luck

• Te
    Terri64 Jul 14, 2011

I'm not sure about previous comments... I took the tour had a great time the man who showed us around kept cracking jokes. I wasn't in the market for a timeshare at the time and they weren't rude to me at all, in fact I was told that they understand most people were going to pick up their gifts. As far as the airline tickets, our family is already booked to go to Orlando so we can take the kids to Disney world and not only are my airline tickets covered but I'm paying $69 dollars a night for hotel accommodations!!!

• Di
    Dingo22 Mar 15, 2011

Had a similar call tonight from a 'Louis', with an area code from Las Vegas. He difintely had my 'raffle' card I had submitted at the Outdoor Expo in the Philly area in early March...so I didn't think it was a flat out scheme, but it appears it may be.
    He said in order to get the 4 free tickets, I have to pick them up in Atlantic City - and they'll have me sit through a '90 minute' presentation. Wanted to schedule a time, and said it was a couple's package - so i had to bring my wife or girlfriend with me.
    Don't think i'll be making the trip.

• Ca
    Capt. Morgan Jan 30, 2011

I too was contacted by Flagship as well. I entered a "contest" at The A.C. classic car show. When I did go there, they told me I wasn't qualified because I did not make the minimum $50, 000.00/yr. Now if I did make that, would you think I would be entering contests? I'm going to the classic car show again this year, and if I see them again, I will tell would-be entrants that it is a scam.

STEVEN s Sep 15, 2010

BTW WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE COMPANY THAT YOU NEED TO BOOK THROUGH

STEVEN s Sep 15, 2010

I WAS ALSO CONTACTED BY THE RESORT AND WAS PROBABLY LIED TO. THE DINING CERTIFICATE HAS A VALUE OF 2-4 DOLLARS AND REQUIRE YOU TO SPEND A MINUMUM EXTRA AMOUNT