Menu

F
Author of the complaint
2:47 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In 2019, when First Data first contacted me to join their merchant services, they made it sound like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. They did not truly explain how this all worked. As a new business owner, I did not know any better and would not know any better until I got swooned into ELAVON merchant services.

Elavon convinced me to switch to their services.. again not explaining the whole implications of cancelling with FIRST DATA.

Come to find out, I have a 4 year lease with First data global leasing for the machine. I've intermittently attempted to get them to lower the buy out cost but it is crazy! They will not budge! I still have until July 2023 to pay $40.20 a month for a machine that I haven't used in 2 years...In this hard pandemic times, you would think they could make it easier for small business's to get out of their lease.

I know I have to take some of the blame for my misfortune as I did not read the fine print on some of the documents provided to me. All Debit merchants just want us to join with them without explaining anything in full. To this day, I get calls from merchants all the time.

More First Data complaints & reviews