First AdvantageIncorrect background

Long story short I missed out on over 2 months of work with overtime because this company called me a convicted felon when in fact I am not. I cleared it all up but it was not easy. I had to prove to them Than I never had any felony conviction. I did so. Then I had to wait for them to decide to fix their error. While I waited 2 month went by. Finally I went to work as a non-felon (which I was all along) only to be laid off 2 weeks later because all of the work was done. I am a union painter and when there is work you jump on it. This unprofessional company really did me an injustice. I have filed a complaint to the BBB and nothing was resolved. All I asked for was an apology, and I never once got one. Now, since I never got an apology I may file suit. I am not that kind of person but these people are real works of art.

More First Advantage Complaints & Reviews

Not who they say I am Mar 02, 2014

When applying to help with a little league for my son, the report comes back with Child sex offender from 1801 and for another state. I looked up the offender, and the date of 1801 is very wrong too. Not the same social security number, not the same birthday, not the same photo, nothing about this person other then the name is the same. (The first and last name only might I add, middle initial different. ).Never lived in that state, the offender is 20 years younger then me, yet they reported it as me because apparently it is a common name, so too bad for me. Really? How irresponsible is this? Now people think I am this guy who by the way is half way across the country and currently compliant with his sex offender registry according to that states website. Seriously, get your facts strait or do not report them. Information like this can harm my work too.

• Tr
    truth is good Dec 11, 2013

they should be held liable since they are paid to sell your personal info, and should be forced to contact you to agree that the info they sell is correct 1st, we the people are each Unique beings, not a product