Finish Linecustomer service and refunds

I bought a pair of shoes and had to have them shipped to me because they didn't have my size. Was told they have a 90 days guarantee on them. I received the box and when I tried on the shoes the right shoe was too tight and had a hard piece poking my foot I never wore them. I tried to take them back to the store and was refused because I didn't have the box because my husband did not know they did not fit properly. I had my shipping receipt and store receipt. I e mailed the company and got the same excuse from them. The boxes are not collector items. All I wanted was a shoe that I paid for to fit. I have shopped there for many years and so do my friends who happen to be nurses and on their feet all day. I, my husband and 3 children will never shop there again. I hope they go out of business. The worst customer service ever

andreak Mar 19, 2009

My husband recieved a pair of shoes from Finish Line as a gift, box clearly showed they were from that company. Well, unfortunetely they were a size too small for him. Once we realized this we took them into one of our stores in town. We of course didnt have a receipt because they were a gift but simply requested for the next size up. We were then told it was againest store policy to return anything without a receipt. Although on the register there was a sign that said it was up to the stores discretion on returns. So they could, but didnt want to. I then proceeded to call the customer service line and was told they couldnt prove the shoes were even purchased and could have been stolen and we were just trying to get shoes. I told them it was a gift and then was told well if that was true they would have sent the receipt. He then choose to ramble on about company policies like I cared at that point. I was basically called a theive for not having a receipt even though the box says finish line on it. Now were stuck with a pair of shoes that dont fit my husband and a very angry wife. I will never shop with them again. They dont care about their customers, I've never seen a company so againest helping a customer out. So for anyone who reads this NEVER get a gift from finish line you'll be forever stuck with it if it doesnt fit.

• Ld
    ldavies1971 Oct 02, 2010

I went to the store to return a pair of Nike Shox that I bought that were falling apart after two weeks of wear. The Shox had came off on one of the shoes and the stitching on the Nike stripe was loose. The store manager refused to exchange for a different pair or even help me to contact their corporate headquarters for return. He had said that the shoes had been mishandled when worn and was not a result of defective merchandise but was the fault of the person who wore them. I can understand if the shoes had been worn for a length of time, but after two weeks of wear the shoes should still be in good condition regardless of how they were worn. I also requested Nike Co. phone number from him and he refused to even try to find the number for me.

• Da
    daisy2002 Dec 29, 2010

First, be aware that cashiers of Finish Line charge extra money in the name of donations at checkout. Despite I clearly said NO to the cashier’s request for donations, she added unauthorized donations to the total charge. Most shoppers would not notice this sneaky extra charge. When I complained about it, the store manager said ‘Shame on You.’ I was stunned by the manager’s abusive comment. I don’t believe in donations through for-profit companies, because they can misuse the customers’’ donations in order to reduce their tax liabilities.

Here is what happened in the afternoon on Dec. 27, 2017.
    My son wanted to buy a sweater in Finish Line at Polaris by using the gift card of $50 he received for Christmas. At checkout, the cashier asked for donations but I clearly said ‘NO.’ After she swapped my son’s gift card, however, I noticed that the amount charged was incorrect. When I asked about it, she said that the amount included taxes and some donations. Dumfounded, I asked her to correct the unauthorized donations. Without any explanation or apology, she cancelled the charge.

What followed after cancelation was unbelievable. The cashier refused to accept the gift card for the payment because she said the cancelation froze the gift card for 24 hours. I said to her, ‘you saw the gift card has 50 dollar value when you swapped it. You know that you will have $50 in 24 hours. Can you accept it?.’ Well, she continued to refuse. My son was obviously disappointed because he was not able to buy it right away. I got upset because the cashier was responsible for freezing my son’s gift card by charging unauthorized donations.

To resolve this, I wanted to see the manager. However, the manager was a lot worse than the cashier was. Without offering any apology, he repeated there was nothing he could do. His response was entirely ‘take or leave.’ When I raised my voice out of frustration, he threatened me to bring security guards. Not only that, he said to me “Shame on You.” I was just shocked. Furthermore, while I was leaving, I found that store employee had been videotaping my son and me for the entire time of arguments. I could not help but scream “You B****D”

MadAsHell2AndSickOfItAll Mar 30, 2011

That's unbelievable, this cashier donation policy at all of the stores needs to STOP. The money is unregulated and there is no guarantee that the money donated will ever find it's way to the represented charity. Moreover, if the money IS donated it is earmarked as coming from the company who collected it and is used to reduce THEIR taxes.

I'm sick of feeling, as a customer, that I am being duped whenever possible by the places where I choose to spend my hard earned money!

• Hi
    hipster Sep 02, 2011

The worst experience of shopping in Finish Line: I never mistreated this badly in my entire life. First, be aware that cashiers of Finish Line charge extra money in the name of donations at checkout. Despite I clearly said NO to the cashier’s request for donations, she added unauthorized donations to the total charge. Most shoppers would not notice this sneaky extra charge. When I complained about it, the store manager said ‘Shame on You.’ I was stunned by the manager’s abusive comment. I don’t believe in donations through for-profit companies like Finish Line, because they can misuse the customers’ donations in order to reduce their tax liabilities! When I got upset the threatened to have the security guards escort me from the store!

• Ol
    Olkabe May 15, 2012

Just got off the phone with Finish Line and not to happy with their customer service. Purchased items totaling approximately $63 and used an online coupon for 15%/$60 /with free shipping. This was a coupon used off the internet and when I opened this coupon it took me to Finish Lines web site. I ordered the product and put the coupon in it deducted the correct amount I submitted my credit card and when my order confirmation came to me in a email, I noticed that (1) there was not discount for the 15% (2) there was a shipping charge. I immediately called there customer service because now the items have shipped and asked them to explain why the change on the charges.

I spent 15 minutes on this with one person and then he transferred me randomly to another. As she attempted to apologize and tell me they do not honor any other coupons but the ones that they send to the customers I asked her how would I have known this was not your coupon since you honored it when I applied this coupon at check out, she kept repeating herself and I told her that this was fraud and that I would be returning this product a to a store and for them on their website to make this perfectly clear that no other coupons are accepted other than the ones Finish Line sends. They changed the billing amount after I approved this, 100% fraud.

• La
    Laidekes Dec 15, 2012

I ordered a pair of shoes nike shox11/23 size 6.5 and paid for them with a pay pal acct…confirmation rec as well…

When the shoes came on thursday 11/29 they were asics pink and black size 7.5….

I have called finish line several times.. First on that day at 4 and was put on hold for 30 min, then that friday 11/30 830 am same time zone eastern as me and was again placed on hold for 30 minutes and hung up again, and the same thing at 1200….

So on monday 12/4 I called the number on the receipt which is in texas…nice nice store manager by the name of randolph said to take the shoe back to the myrtle beach store they would call him and he would next day the shoes.. Now I live an hour away so its just not convenient for me to accommodate finish line when I ordered the shoes on line to begin with…he was going to call the store and advise them well you have heard from him before I have…..

I just wanted to someone to be aware of what was going on before I actually returned the shoes and was left holding and empty bag with no shoes and out 74.00 …I really wanted the shoes but at this point I will be happy just to be refunded…please advise….
    Thanks for your time…. I have also emailed them on three different occ and had no response from that either…. My receipt and my order confirmation both match the shoes that I ordered…nike shox…

Anthony 01 Sep 12, 2013

Me and my wife first walk in and the first employe was real rude with me. Then they kept harresnt me about if I need help so when I told I was looking they got an attitude with me. Then I got the shoe I wanted ask for sizes and they took 12 min to come with the wrong sizes. Then they want to catch another attidue when I dint wanted te shoe. It's not right the way he treat it me and my wife we been customers for a very long time and spend a lot of money in ya store

• Re
    Reviewer70842 Oct 07, 2015

Question why did Finish Line in Speedway authorized Sport Illustrated to debt my credit card? When the question was ask about the magazines I said NO! When I received first Sport Illustrated cancel my subscription Aug 2017 but some way it cost me 50.66 and by account negative balance and they offer me special rate..What!!! I really need you to give me my money back..Finish Line has forever lost my business