Fingerhutorder/customer service

I had never ordered from this company before, but remember my parents getting their catalogs as a child. This year, I recieved a catalog for Christmas, with a offer of credit. I ordered a personalized ring for my mother-in-law for Christmas out of their "Holiday Big Book". At the time of order, I made clear to the rep that this was a gift for an out of state relative, that I needed to be sure of delivery. I was told at that time that I could expect a max wait of 2 weeks for a personalized item, so i went ahead and placed the order. A day later, I called back to see if I could chage the size because I had accidentally ordered a size small. I was told at that time that if they cancelled my order, it could take up to 60 days to get my refund. That rep assured me that I would have the product in hand within 10 business days and suggested I take it to a jeweler and have it sized if I could not wait the 60 days for my refund. I called their joke of a customer service number tonight (12 business days) after the second phone call and was told that they have a shipping date of December 26 and that I should recieve it 2-3 days after that. As I was passed up the line of management, I was told that I could not get a refund because the item was already shipped, even though not 5 minutes before they had told me it wouldn't ship until the 26th. When I pushed on the shipping issue, I was told that they would not provide me with any kind of tracking number nor would they give me their "vendor's" information so that I could try to contact them directly. They also tried to say that because this item is coming from an outside vendor, that they could not refund this purchase, which is absolutely ridiculous, they took the money out of my checking account within 2 days and I am sure they would be able to put it back in the same amount of time(thank God I did not go with the credit they offered me). This has all left me in a situation where I am out over $150 and with no gift and all I got from their customer service was a "We can do that because your order already shipped", "We are sorry for your inconvenience", "Your order will not ship until December 26th, nothing we can do about that because it ships from the vendor." Am I alone thinking this sounds like a load of bull's feces???? Can't refund my money because it already shipped, but it won't ship until almost 3 weeks from now???? My advice to anyone reading this post is to NEVER do business with these people...you are doing yourself a favor and saving a lot of frustration if you take this advice.

• Sh
    Sheep77 Dec 12, 2016

I agree never do business with FINGERHUT!!! I ordered some things payed some $$ upfront, waited 10 days and never got an email to confirm the items shipped, called them to see what was happening. Ma'am your order was cancelled...!! What! Why?? She never answered my question as to why it was cancelled...Then she wanted me to re-order over the phone but come to find out all of the items were out of stock. It's just a waste of time to do business with them. THUMBS DOWN FOR FINGERHUT!

• Sh
    sheenagracie Apr 15, 2011

I ordered a coffee pot and received it fast...however, it stopped brewing 42 days after I purchased it. I called Fingerhut and they told me it was beyond 30 days and I had to contact the manufacturer. Are you kidding me? 42 days? I work for a customer service and no way would we send the consumer to the distributor in such a short period of time. Black & Decker was great..I had to send them the cord to the coffee pot and a check for $7.50 and I received the new pot in a couple weeks. I emailed Fingerhut I wanted $10.00 credited back to my account - $7.50 I had to send B&D and 3.00 to mail the cord to B&D. They sent me a copied version of their return policy. I told them to close my account. They replied "I hope it's not anything we did". Idiots. Read the email before you send a copied reply.
    I've read some other complaints here and because I am in a customer service, there's a couple I actually understand why Fingerhut did that. My company cannot cancel an order once it's placed either. It's hard to understand, but once that order is submitted and in the plants system, we can't pull it back. It some cases, we go out of our way by calling the plant and they hand pick the package off the dock, but of course that's going above and beyond and very time consuming for the employees. Back to Fingerhut, I won't do business with them again.

• He
    Hem Dec 07, 2010

I had the same thing happen to me (almost) I canceled my order not even 7 hours later and they claimed that they couldn't cancel it even tough the item had not been shipped out yet. The order came and now I can't get anyone to tell me how to ship it back. I don't want to pay for shipping because I canceled the order before it was shipped. Does anyone know how to ship this without paying the shipping cost. I ordered on cyber Monday so shipping was free but to return the item they want $65.00 that is ridiculous.