Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial Logo

Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial

Having problems with Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial?

Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 13, 2008. The latest review Home Warranty Insurance for AC was posted on Jul 31, 2021. The latest complaint Repairs Often Denied was resolved on Aug 23, 2012. Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 23 reviews. Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial has resolved 6 complaints.

Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial Customer Service Contacts

1850 Gateway Blvd STE 400
Concord, California
United States - 94520-8446

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial Customer Service. Initial Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial. Discuss the issues you have had with Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

Fidelity National Home Warranty — Insurance Fruad

I purchased the Home Warranty Insurance Program from Fidelity National Home Warranty and they are a rip off...

Sahuarita

Fidelity National Home WarrantyAwful experience

Fidelity Home warranty uses nice sounding words like 'A Fidelity National Home Warranty (FNHW) provides both the homebuyer and seller with 'peace of mind' when it comes to repairs and/or replacement of a home's major systems and appliances' when selling their policy. But I feel its a complete rip off.

Recently, I filed a service request when I found out, there was water under my kitchen sink. They sent a plumber, who determined the leakage was due to wearing of sealant around the faucet. My wife asked him to fix it but he refused saying Fidelity insurance will fix /replace the faucet but will not cover any failure due to wearing off of sealant or caulk. He demanded $50 service charge for coming to this conclusion. I was so surprised by his conclusion, that I called Fidelity and asked them about this. They told me to read my contract and lo and behold, their contract excludes any wear and tear due to caulking. So in essence Fidelity is telling me caulking is not part of plumbing. I can imagine if at all Fidelity replaces a faucet, the plumber they send is not going to put a water seal around the faucet.

Why does Fidelity do this ? I am sure they conducted an audit, which showed them that most of the service calls they were getting regarding plumbing was due to failure of sealants or caulking. So they decided to exclude it. What a nice way to deny a claim. On top of it, I cannot even cancel their plan as I already paid for it upfront. What a 'peace of mind' for Fidelity, they have your money.

Is it worth buying their policy just for the sake of just big appliances ? I had another bad experience last year. I had a GE Profile Stainless steel Refrigerator in my house. For some reason, the freezer could not maintain low temperature. I called Fidelity and they sent out a Sears Home technician. He came out and changed a part. Now the refrigerator started freezing everything kept in it. Even milk and food kept in it would freeze. I called Fidelity again. They sent the technician. The problem did not go away. I made nearly 6 service calls, and the technician came nearly 10 times. Every time they give you a 6 hour window and I had to take half day off from work to wait for him. I called Fidelity and asked them, why are they not simply replacing the refrigerator as they promise in their contracts. They response, they never promise, they will replace an appliance. They will think of it only when, the total cost of repairs exceeds $1000 for a $1600 refrigerator. Even after 6 service costs, the total cost was only $600.

So in essence Fidelity is telling me it never cares about its customer's convenience or 'peace of mind' as they put it in their ads. The supervisor I talked to never cared about all those half days of leave I had to take from my job and all those $50s I paid for service calls. They were only hoping I will get fed up and replace the refrigerator my self or stop calling them. Thats what I ended up doing in the end. I could not afford to buy another refrigerator but I just started buying milk for 2 days. It never brought me 'peace of mind', it only brought me a big hassle. I will dump them when I get first opportunity.

• Fi
      Fidelity Nov 03, 2010

Bottom line! Home Warranty is a scam. Don't buy any of them. Do you think that you could get they money that easily?

• Ed
      Ed Harris Feb 12, 2009

I'm a customer with Fidelity National. The policy was bought for us by the seller of our house.

I'm not sure that you're being reasonable. Do you have any idea what plumbers charge? $50 for having a plumber come to your house and diagnose a problem is cheap! If the sealant is the problem, you can go to Home Depot and reseal the sink yourself for maybe $10.

Any insurance policy has exclusions that exclude the most common problems and they do spell out what they cover and don't cover in the policy.

Fidelity National Home Warranty — He reasons people hate insurance

I have been a "customer" for Fidelity for about a year. It came with my house that I purchased. I first...