Fidelity National Home WarrantyBuyer beware!!! Poster boy for scam artist!

M

My HVAC system has failed and is not repairable. A replacement was recommended by HVAC technician and submitted to FNHW. Six weeks have passed without any calls or confirmation from FNHW to proceed. Winter weather has made living in my home very uncomfortable but I believe FNHW is purposely delaying hoping I will contract outside FNHW to replace my HVAC system then they can deny my claim. I have spoken frequently to FNHW customer representative but get ambiguous answers. When I asked to speak to a Supervisor he first said they wasn't one to speak too. Then after I insisted he said he get one. After a 20 minute wait, I was given a voicemail box to speak to. This is an obvious delay tactic. Consumer protection is very, very weak and these scammers know it. They face no real penalty or fines...NONE. I would warn any consumer to stay away from FNHW but they also operate under other company names. Home warranties are useless.

• JKWilliams Jan 07, 2017

Basically, all home warranties are scams. Ask any realtor, for example. They no longer recommend sellers to even bother with a warranty. You expected a whole new HVAC system from them? That's like wishing for the moon. It ain't gonna happen. Get another HVAC repair person in there. It's probably fixable. That dude just wanted to sell you a whole new system. He ain't no repair guy.