Fax.com and Faxmicro.comServices do not work and no one answers their phone

L

The efax service company does not work. Apparently faxmicro.com was purchased by fax.com but there was no notice or bulletin that this take over transaction was taking place. I have not been receiving any faxes in the past 5 business day which is negatively effecting my work and business. I have called each company for the past 5 days and no one ever picks up the phone. I have been calling every hour on the hour and no answer at all. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY- no service, no help. They are simply collecting a monthly fee from me with not providing any service at all.

• Rw
    R_Wu Mar 24, 2009

We have the exact same problems.

And it seems like all our colleagues at other companies who used Faxmicro.com/ Fax.com experienced the same problems.

• Bi
    bill67 Mar 31, 2009

FaX.COM also either purchased or merged with onefax.com without any notice atb all to me mor any other customers. They have changed the service plan without any notice too and done away with unlimited faxing to a limited plan. This sounds like a scheme to suck in users and then soak them. I think it's criminal. Someone should pay them a visit.

Maureen Apr 08, 2009

To make matters worse, I canceled the service several times by phone within the first 30 days and they continue to bill me. I am reporting them today to the local police department for fraud and blocking them from my account

AnotherSucker May 28, 2009

I had exactly the same experience. As soon as they took over from FaxMicro the service downgraded fast. I was having delayed receipt of faxes (up to 14 days!) or duplicate faxes. I tried to call them but they never would answer the phone. I emailed a complaint twice and I got a response 10 days later that said:

We have looked into your account and see that your account is up and running.

If you have any further questions please reply to the email.

Best Regards,

Fax.com
    "The New Way To Fax!"
    www.Fax.com

Terrible service. To top it off the cost of the service went from 9.95/month with Fax Micro to $620 with Fax.com. What a ripoff!

• Jb
    jbl Jul 17, 2009

I e-mailed Fax.com's customer service because I received an e-mail on May 4th 2009 stating the following:

Hello,
    We have received your updated credit card information and your account has been re-activated. Our Accounting team will be processing the new card information and your invoice will be available online shortly.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,
    Fax.com Customer Service Team
    www.fax.com

I responded with this:

===
    I have not signed up for, nor have I submitted any authorization for purchase of your service. Why did I receive this e-mail?
    ===

Then a couple of days ago I saw a transaction on my credit card bill from FAX.COM! I sent another e-mail as follows:

ATTENTION MANAGEMENT / FINANCE / ACCOUNTING,

This is the second time that I am writing to you to inform you that I have never subscribed to your service.

In your first e-mail, you state the following:

"We have received your updated credit card information and your account has been re-activated"

And now I see that you have actually charged my credit card:

INTERNET FAX SERVICE [protected] CA
    REF# 1733807 INTERNET FAX

If I do not receive a useful response to this, and have my money reimbursed, I will have no choice but to contact the better business bureau in the city which you operate.
    ===

I really hope they respond, because I hate wasting my time on stupid things like this. I will most likely contact the local police, and go from there.

• Xl
    XLNT Project Assistant Jul 30, 2009

We are having the same problems. Then get this astronomical bill for excess of 300 pages in faxes at 8 cents each...oh, that is the "discounted" price for Fax Micro Customers.

What company have any of changed over to?? I just saw online that www.packetel.com is offering UNLIMITED pages for only $3.65 per month!!!

• Mi
    MicheleK Sep 07, 2009

same here: I contacted them because I fell victim to ID theft which affected my creditcard and debit cards. They tried to charge the card, to no avail of course anymore, so they placed my account on hold - but continue to charge me even AFTER I sent them 2 emails stating according to 'their' terms to notify that they are no longer authorized to charge my card automatically.
    I requested an offline payment option [moneyorder etc] for the current charge they say I owe them [$20.00 something].
    Received a response that they will NOT close my account until it is paid, and that I continue to acrue charges until paid in full - but, I can ONLY pay with a credit or debitcard ONLINE.

Hell will freeze over if I pay online - the ID theft only occured 4 weeks ago - I will not make online purchases for a while - imagine that.
    I did tell them that I will notify the BB and the State Attorney of their practices. It is illegal AFTER I revoked the authorization to charge the card for them to keep trying to charge -. Now they cannot charge anyway, since the card has been reported as stolen.

I WILL get satisfaction on this and they will have to accept offline payment.
    If they refuse payment - then that is not my problem anymore - but, they could of course - I would not put it past them - place a negative record on my credit report.
    What a slimy company FAX.COM is.

• Ny
    NYchick Dec 07, 2009

tried their free for one month service and with a promise of NO set up billing and then 9.95 after that. A whole week before renewal time which I might have done, they billed my account for double the amount, adding on a service charge. Tried to call on the phone and also do an online chat and even wrote them an e mail. Now I have to change my whole account because it was paid with a debit card. However, I have told them I will let every one know (FAcebook, Twitter, various people I talk to in customer service) unless the y fix it. But it doesn't look likely it's going to be fixed. Even the confirmation they send does not say that it's MY ACCOUNT. I wonder how much they are ripping everyone off for? Must give them some nice little vacations to out of the country.

makalin Sep 13, 2010

beware of fax.com, i cannot login to my account to cancel, called customer service and they said there was a problem in my account i'm just terrified about the situation cancelling my card now

FAX.com SCAM May 23, 2011

A COMPLETE SCAM...transcribed 2 hours of scam by fax.com!!! soon to be posted!

FAX.com SCAM May 23, 2011

A complete scam ...DO NOT USE FAX>COM...!! more to come!!

FAX.com SCAM!

• Ak
    akhanrac Apr 23, 2012

Fax.com has disappointed me as a consumer for a very long time, poor resolution service, poor customer service.

i changed my credit card one day and didn't update the system, and this was after 4 years of subscription paid on time, my bill goes one day over due and they cut off the account. returning loyal customers means nothing

then when the service fails miserably today they canceled my account when I tried to use that as leverage.