Fannie Mae / The Federal National Mortgage Association [FNMA] Logo

Fannie Mae / The Federal National Mortgage Association [FNMA]

Having problems with Fannie Mae / The Federal National Mortgage Association [FNMA]?

+1 800 232 6643 (Customer Service)
3900 Wisconsin Avenue, NW

Southeastern Regional Office
1075 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 1600, Atlanta, GA 30309

Western Regional Office
135 North Los Robles Ave., Suite 400, Pasadena, CA 91101-1707

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Fannie Mae / The Federal National Mortgage Association [FNMA].

Complaints & Reviews

Jan 17, 2019

Fannie Mae / The Federal National Mortgage Association [FNMA] — agent/broker

Dear Fannie Mae, my name is Linda Futch, an I'm contacting you in regards of a property that me and my...

Dec 05, 2018

Fannie Mae / The Federal National Mortgage Association [FNMA] — mortgage insurance / servicing

Jacquelyn Faye Lowden™©, Estate, In care of: Occupant to Executor Office 30650 Rancho California Road, Suite...

Fannie Mae Foreclosed Home — Water leak in property represented by fannie affecting my property

Hi I live in a property beneath one you guys represent at Royal Palm Fla; 126 Sparrow Dr unit 14A and Fannie...

Fannie Mae / The Federal National Mortgage Association [FNMA]Return of Earnest Money

I put in an offer on a house August 2014 the offer was accepted and earnest money was sent the SeviceLink title company in Anaheim CA.

September 8th after paying for an inspection Fannie Mae states that they "do not own the home" and they pull the contract.

Since this date I have been trying to get return of my earnest money and the $560 I paid for the inspection. Fannie Mae simply will not respond. So I'm out $1560 without a word from Fannie Mae. What's my recourse?

• As
      ashley hardwick Jan 08, 2011

you say you are helping people get loans that is not true, my score is over 750. i have been trying for over 4 months, no closing rbc bank say it all mannie mae guide lines.. they have done everthing to stop my loans, i know nobody cares.. the goverment is destroying even the people with good credit..

Fannie Mae — Breach of contract

After building I was renting was foreclosed on by FNMA, I agreed to move out by a certain date and leave the...

Berkshire Hathaway Home Services / Fannie MaeRelocation assistance

On friday, june 6th, 2014, I received a letter for notice of sale of condo unit I was renting because I wasnt aware that the unit was in foreclosure. On June 16th, 2014, the condo unit was auction and bought by Fannie Mae. On June 17th, 2014, I received a notfication from landlord that I needed to vacate the unit by July 15th, 2014. On June 18th, 2014 I received "Knowing Your Options" notice in which Fannie Mae assigned Real Estate Agent Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices. I spoke with agent on June 24th, 2014 letting him know that I was not intending on continuing to rent the unit and I was relocating back to Westchester County. I did let him know that my lawyer would be contacting him. My lawyer did speak to the real estate Agent and requested an email about the relocation assistance. The agent intern submitted the emailed and indicated if I vacated the unit by the dates listed the dollar shown would be presented. With that being said, I was trying to vacate the unit by July 9th but I had to family emergenices which caused me to loose 2 love ones in my family (aunts). So, I intern sent an email to my lawyer and real estate agent asking what my options where and if the options was still possible to rent unit. On July 9th, 2014, Real Estate agent met me at my home to perform an inspection and to discuss the options. I told him that I am trying to do what is best for me and my child. I am a single parent who receives no financial assistance. He told me that to continue renting the unit, needed to be reviewed and first accepted by Fannie Mae, but to keep in mind the offer still stands on the relocation assistance funds presented in email to my lawyer. Because they was nothing concrete in stone about me being able to continue renting there because of the month-to-month lease I had with previous landlord, As a parent, I had to do what is best not just for me but for my child, I received a phone call about a place that was available in Westchester County and acted. I moved and called my lawyer the day I moved, so that he could let the Real Estate Agent know so that I can get my relocation assistance funds. Now the Real Estate Agent / Fannie Mae claims that I willing handed over possession of the property to you and vacated and no relocation assistance will be offered. I personally feel like with all that I have been through Fannie Mae / Real Estate Agent should made a better determination about this whole process due to a clear misunderstanding brought upon stress and lack of communication as to the terms of the programs stipulations on Real Estate Agents part.

Fannie Mae HomepathFannie Mae Homepath

In Naples, FL we submitted an offer for Fannie Mae property at 5031 HICKORY WOOD DR, NAPLES, FL 34119 - REO ID A131Z58. The Buyer is a First Time Home buyer and qualified to purchase. This is the exact buyer profile the Homepath was setup for. Getting First Time owner occupants in these home is what it's all about. Janice Gover is the Realtor representing Fannie Mae. On June 1st we were told to submit our highest and best offer because there were 3 more offers. We did so and were told we were highest but they wanted to counter with some changes. Fannie Mae lowered the inspection time to 10 days and appraisal time to 10 days. We accepted those changes and signed that acceptance in Homepath. Homepath.com and the Realtor said our offer was "Accepted." We need only wait for the Addendum. We wired the $5, 000 deposit to Fannie Mae's lawyer in Tampa. On July 3rd we get a call from Janice Glover saying they decided to do another "highest and best" because she got another offer that was higher than our "Accepted Offer. This is considered Unfair Dealing within the Ethical guidelines of a Realtor not to mention that it's ripping a home away from a First Time buyer. As Realtors we are expected to Protect the Public not sell them something and then take it away when a better deal comes along. These people should be prosecuted to the greatest extent and this First Time Home Bubyer should get this home.

RESOLVED

Not resolved but need to change details in initial complaint to reflect corrections. Fannie Mae is working on it but we still have no solution to issue. lkjdflkdsjfkjsalkjflskdjflsakjdflskjflksdjflksjdflkjsdlkfjslkdlkj

Mark Weber Jul 03, 2014

In Naples, FL we submitted an offer for Fannie Mae property at 5031 HICKORY WOOD DR, NAPLES, FL 34119 - REO ID A131Z58. The Buyer is a First Time Home buyer and qualified to purchase. This is the exact buyer profile the Homepath was setup for. Getting First Time owner occupants in these home is what it's all about. On June 1st we were told to submit our highest and best offer because there were 3 more offers. We did so and were told we were highest but they wanted to counter with some changes. Fannie Mae lowered the inspection time to 10 days and appraisal time to 10 days. We accepted those changes and signed that acceptance in Homepath. Homepath.com and the Realtor said our offer was "Accepted." We need only wait for the Addendum. We wired the $5, 000 deposit to Fannie Mae's lawyer in Tampa. On July 3rd we get a call from Janice Glover saying they decided to do another "highest and best" because she got another offer that was higher than our "Accepted Offer. As Realtors we are expected to Protect the Public not sell them something and then take it away when a better deal comes along. This is unacceptable behavior by Fannie Mae and Homepath.com. This First Time Home Buyer should get the property he was promised on Homepath.com

• Ca
          Carl43 Mar 28, 2015

We have tried to purchase two homes that are unfortunately listed by Janice Gover since for some reason she is the only one representing the foreclosed wells Fargo homes. She is extremely rude, arrogant, and does what she can to avoid you until a 'better higher' offer comes along so she can have you counter. It's unethical the way this woman works and I don't understand how there aren't more complaints about her.

• Li
          Lisa Sienkiewicz Jan 28, 2016

We own a condo in Naples. Above us is an REO property being handled by Janice Glover. We live out of state and sometime between Jan 14 and Jan 25, something in the REO property has sprung a leak and it has ruined a large part of the ceiling and some of the walls in our condo. When we learned of the problem, the HOA contacted Ms. Glover and she assured them that she was already seeking bids to get it fixed. She made no call to the HOA or attempted to contact us but she knew of the leak and alerted no one. We contacted her ourselves and asked how she was going to remedy this problem and she replied "What do you want me to do? I made a phone call." The problem is getting progressively worse and we have no word that it's going to be fixed anytime soon. We are traveling down there next week. Recently purchased a new home to be built and were planning to put the condo on the market this month as we will need the proceeds from this sale to help pay for the new house.

Fannie Mae REO home sale — breach of promise on Request for Repairs

I purchased a Fannie Mae REO home in 2008 with Results Realty as the listing broker. A Request for Repair...

Fanny Mae Phoenix arizonapolicy change

foreclosed house right in the middle of owned family land with no right of way in 2009 brother-in -law and sister lost their house in the downturn. Fanny Mae had a lawsuit for right of way from my dad, they lost. today 2013 after it was put onto the open market for sell we submitted three times offers to buy and they said no, the last offer was the most they had been offered over all the other buyers looking at it. then they pulled a good one. they said a family member can't buy it it's in the policy. I called John McCain office to look into it, they said they have their own rules we can't tell them what to do. the house goes up for auction today I am told. I asked if I could bid like everyone else on it. the realtor said same rules applied. this is why we need to get rid of them crooks for mom and pop and all of America.

JoeKay Aug 16, 2013

Get off the computer and you and 10, 000 other people need to quit work, pack your bags, and go and camp out on the Mall. Get some placards and make some noise. That's the only way those crooks in the Capitol Bldg will ever get the message. There is no other way. Not conservative radio, not town hall meetings, nothing! I'm tellin' ya, these are crooks who only think about their bank accounts and nothing else; all they care about is keeping that seat and cashin in - all of 'em, make no exceptions! If you have kids or grandkids YOU OWE IT TO THEM! You made those babies, YOU voted these idiots into office, where they are now becoming multi-zillionaires, and you now have to go and undo what YOU did! It's your responsibility. If you don't get it, quit yer cryin. I'm tired of hearing about it.

I can say this because I have not voted more then twice in the last 25 years. You know why? Because if there isn't anybody to vote for, I stay home! You vote for these creeps, you get what you deserve!

The Mall is the only place you can even begin to have any influence. The MSM will eventually have to cover it, and then maybe, just MAYBE, somebody will catch on to what is happening. And what is happening is what dooms your progeny to a lifetime of USSR living - in its worst days, with a government that does just what they did to you...and hey, keep it going...it'll get worse!

I was in the USSR in the 1970's. It was pathetic. But sickeningly, I see it even worse here. Just let it continue...you may live to find out. Shut the computer and start packing. Or just shut up.

Fanniemae and Seterus — Loan Modification

The Loan Modification that Fanniemae/Seterus is outrageous or a bold face scam. I was approved for a loan...

Fannie MaeNo over sight

There is no over sight for wrong doings of the system, Fannie MAE is blameless because the appointments of power, from HomePath all the way down to the appointed realtor. The amount of abuse and back door dealing is appalling. Buyers are nothing but sheep to this system and the only fraud number leads right back to the wolf.
          HUD guidelines are used as gospel but manipulated for profit and gain. If you make it out of the dark woods of HomePath, you then have to deal with the loan officer. Once again the gospel of HUD is told to you and when it comes out that the lenders version and the realtor’s version both don’t match HomePath’s version, it turns out it’s none of their fault it’s the buyer’s fault.
          All of these organizations follow the same creed “WE HAVE IT; YOU WANT IT”. Without oversight of the system it only has one way to go, and that is down. It sure would be nice one time if the government could put guidelines into place for the people.
          I am compiling all the facts in one document at this time, to publish and hopefully point out to the unsuspecting; the short falls of the system, and maybe just maybe I will find someone in the mess that actually wants to help.

• Sh
              Sherry Day Jul 28, 2015

YES I absolutely agree. The banks, the overseers, the agencies involved are all in cahoots. In particular I'm so frustrated as a buyer/investor with realtors who service these FANNIEMAE homes & do a huge disservice. They do not respond in a timely fashion to an inquiry, if at all. Listers are too lazy to show the property themselves & want to pawn a buyer off to their 'team mate' buyer's agent. Instead, FANNIEMAE's contracts should permit a savings on commission, i.e., they pocket more money & make deals more affordable, if buyers agents aren't always a part of the commission structure/deal. Most investors do not need a buyer's agent, just someone to open the darn door to the property!

FannieMaeUnderwriter Appraisal

Doubt any recourse is available for this situation. Appraisal and subsequent agreement both state property zoned residential (not quantified at all, just listed as residential R3. 7 years later we have decided we'd like to remodel with an addition and find that property is actually zoned business, single residences are non-conformance properties and this has been so for at least 20 years.
            This will entail extensive meetings with the zoning board for waivers and exceptions and in the end they could reject every request.

Homepath Property - Fannie Mae — Getting Screwed by Agent and Fannie Mae

I PLACED A BID THROUGH HOMEPATH- FANNIE MAE FOR A HOUSE (811 LOUSIANA, NEW ORLEANS, 70115) AND MET THE FANNIE...

Fannie Mae — Paul Whittle

After finding a condo a putting a bid that was accepted. Mr. Whittle called to set an appointment to close...

Fannie MaePulled back on rental agreement

I am half way through the lease of a single detached home I 've been renting, The owner let it go to foreclosure, it went back to the bank (Fannie Mae). I finally got through to them to set appointment with there property management team to view my lease and we did agree on an amount and had the appointment set to sign the papers and I was told from the Property Mgr that Fannie mae pulled back and is moving forward with the eviction process.. I AM SO BAFFOLD and LOST in knowing my rights. I am a full time working single parent. Can they do that?

chang30 Feb 13, 2012

yes they can
                  they are going to throw your non-paying butt out in the cold and you will be living on the streets
                  your 'chillen' will be homeless with you too
                  you deserve this - remember - you deserve this...

Fannie MaeFannie MAe Housing

We recently went into contract with Fannie Mae in November. We found a house listed around 160K W finally placed a bid and got the property at 137 after they ended up reducing the price after 2 months. We saw the house and placed our bid. Fannie Mae and us knew there were issues in the house since the beginning, before it was even listed. We were told that we could get some relief of the work that would need to be done for the house to pass appraisal and inspection. We went ahead and ordered the inspection. Fannie Mae had to send out their de-winterization people for the inspection to be done. The first scheduling the guys never showed!!! The second time we set up a time with them speaking eye to eye. They agreed to be there the following Monday. Monday rolls around, no de-winterization guys!!! So we had the agents set up a time with everyone. This included both the inspector and appraiser. We all show up and the de-wint guys actually do show up. They were supposed to get up everything up and running properly. Bleed the pipes for the heat upstairs etc. Well they were rushing their jobs and left BC they had another 'job' to do. Once they left the appraiser was checking upstairs bathroom. Well the guys left the bleeder valve open on the heater in the bathroom. AN INCH OF WATER all over the floor. Well were do you think that water was going to go?? Since we had no towels, the water seeped through the floor and down to the kitchen ceiling.
                This is after we went in 2x since we signed the contract, we found patches of ceiling and walls out of the kitchen and dining room. The sellers agent was never told about this and neither were we. We said those patches had to be fixed to the original condition of what we wrote the contract on. Fannie had someone come out to fix the patches BUT the house wasn't tempered and you cant patch drywall with out having the house tempered in winter weather!! The Spackle will never dry correctly. So everything looked horribly done, plus not in the same condition as when we had signed.
                So as everything was in place for the mortgage and on our end, there were repairs that needed to be done to make the house a livable condition. The heating system was not working properly, leaky valves etc, the door jams in the front and back door were rotted, and the electric wasn't working on half the side of the house!
                These things needed to be repaired for our bank to give us a loan on the property. Fannie Mae would NOT negotiate price nor negotiate fixing anything with us. A few weeks away from closing and they aren't even helping us buy our first home!!!

FANNIE MAE IS A DISGRACE!! They clam they want to get hard working Americans into homes but they cant even use some of their bailout money to fix what is probably peanuts in their eyes!!! I have never had such a bad experience in my life!! I can not believe they shattered a families dream with only weeks to go. And the worse part that act like they can do anything they want!! Isn't there anyone that should be controlling these people? Its a dirty business and they cant even sell half the house they buyout as it is!!!

Fannie Mae — bids on there houses

I put a bid in on a house that was Fannie Mae/Reo owned that was priced way over what it was worth. The price...

Fannie MaeStay away

I bought a house in May 2009 in California. My job was transfered to Oahu so I had to move. Now I can’t buy another house because Fannie Mae rules state I have to have 30% equity in the Concord house, 30% equity in the house I want to buy and 3 month’s reserves in the bank to cover both houses even though I have a renter in the Concord house with a 2 year lease. I have the reserves but don’t have the equity. The reserves would have been my down payment, but now I will have no down payment. On top of that an FHA Loan requires PMI no matter how much I put down. What’s going on here? I make over 100k a year and can’t buy even the cheapest house. The rules have effectively banned the average homebuyer from getting a second house no matter what the circumstances. Only the rich can now buy a second home. The financial institutions can screw us by making ridiculous loans that trash the country’s economy and then, after getting huge bail outs at our expense, they can refuse to make reasonable loans to responsible people. I’m disgusted.

Fannie Mae — Retaining Ernest Money

Seller refusing to retain Earnest Money after not responding within contract guidelines to repair...

Fannie Mae — They Harrarased me an I want to sue them

I had a morage with Bank of America, at the time, I was in a one bedroom condo, an things were going good...