Expedia.comexpedia is a fraud and the public should be educated about its lies

I just recently booked a trip for my parents and their cousin (another couple) for Hawaii. They asked me to get them a vaction insurance in case anything happenned and they had to cancel.

As it turned out the father of one the passengers (my dad's cousin) passed on and the vacation had to be cancelled. Well I called expedia thinking that I can get fully reimbursed as I was lead to believe on the site. However unfortunately I was told otherwise. In the expedia webpage they mislead you and make you believe that when you buy the insurance you get your full money back, while in practice they only give you credit (up to one year) for the airline and only refund the hotel portion. My pleas to talk to managers and trying to explain the situation fell on deaf ears. The most I could get is they would reimburse only the money for the ticket of one of the passengers (the one whose father died) providing she could provide a death certificate (never mind that the guy passed on half a world away and the certificate would be in another langauge). I am so angry. What does expedia expect? Do they want the husband of the woman who has just lost her father half a world away to go on the vacation without her while she is grieving for her father or just get credit?. What about the other couple? Does expedia expect them to go on even though they are all related to each other and this is a family situation?? Especially considering they had bought insurance just in case this happenned. Expedia misleads its clients and lies to them. It gets even worse. When you are about to pay for your package expedia says you can "divide the cost" between two credit cards. Wouldnt that mean that the cost would be split in the middle?? Ofcourse what they never tell you is that the cost of the hotel is charged to one party's credit card and the other is charged for airfare which means one party gets reimbursed while the other party gets credit for 4 airiine tickets and no refund.

Expedia is a fraud and the public should be educated about its lies.

• Updated by Monty Barker/Cathy Loyd · Sep 03, 2019

Considering taking legal action to get my refund for a charging me for a room I couldn't stay in. we have it document for where we ask for a double bed room. They refused to give us our money back, $172.00

Roman Feb 05, 2007

I was just booking a flight on Expedia and checked the travel insurance checkbox. However, the insurance did not come through in the final booking. I could not find a way to add it back so I called Expedia. I was told that I had to click a Reprice button rather than Continue button (I saw no indication on the site that is was required) and that now there was no way to add the insurance. Never mind that I just booked the trip. When I asked to talked to a supervisor the system hung up on me. When I called again, the second operator again transferred me somewhere where the system hung up on me. All I could learn was that I was not the only person calling with this complain.

• Su
    Sully Alvarado Aug 15, 2018

This hotel is truly the worst, I had to check out on my third day to another place to spend the rest of my vacation, I spent an additional 186.00 to stay some where else, plus an additional 100.00 for deposit.

This hotel should not be on any recommendation list EVER!!

A disappointed vacationer.

• Ju
    Justin Mabee Aug 20, 2018

Very frustrated, had a round trip ticket. Lay away was a four hour flight out of the way. And then three hours back home. Tried to reschedule. Was told all tickets final. Tried calling Delta I was put on hold for an hour. I had to buy new tickets, and not use the others . I spent a thousand out of pocket. Expedia is the worst

• Mi
    mikaela rios Aug 20, 2018

change in rates
    was charged 90 dollars and more
    with in two minutes
    rude customer service

• Te
    Terry Wold-Spring Aug 21, 2018

I needed to cancel one traveler, out of 2 and got a run around. I purchased flight protection, through Expedia, but they are not honoring it. It is still 3 days, prior to the travel date. See itin # 7335326116017

Terry Spring
    Policy 924868829

• As
    Assaf Levitan Aug 29, 2018

just opened an account in Expedia 3 days ago
    got a 4 nights at Best Western Accra, Ghana

wanted to extend my stay and to keep record
    does not let me enter the account - tells e-mail or
    password not exist

can you find out whats going on?
    reconstruct it?

Assaf Lavitan
    00-972-53-4303354

• Gl
    Glenda Todd Sep 01, 2018

I spent many hours trying to cancel a hotel booking, after being sent the confirmation for the wrong date.

The hotel told me that I could receive a credit for the money I paid but Expedia didn't sent them the cancellation as requested.

I will never use the service again.

• Em
    Emma1973 Sep 01, 2018

Booked a hotel through Expedia. Turned out to be a homeless shelter (I wish I was kidding!)
    No help or refund, just lies over 3 different phone calls

• Ms
    msuchlicki Sep 01, 2018

We purchased the premium trip insurance which states that we can cancel for any reason without penalty.
    That is a complete fabrication. Apparently the airline is not on board with the expedia Policy and in order to cancel there are charges.

Never Again!

• Ev
    EvgeniyM Sep 10, 2018

I payed the flight from Moscow to Johannesburg via Expedia with a travel plan that I can get a refund in case of emergency - payed additional money for that.
    I could not go on the flight and I am now trying to get the money back for two weeks.

The itineraries #7373820404839 and #7373819517720.

Email back [email protected]

• Su
    SusanSpradlin Sep 10, 2018

I booked a room 2 weeks in advance at In Town Suites, in Hattiesburg Miss. only to show up at the motel on the day I reserved to find out that they didn't have any rooms. The desk clerk informed me that they no longer work with expedia..

• Be
    Belinda Parker C Sep 11, 2018

Travel dates October 20-24 2017 traveling fro. San Antonio. Texas To Washington DC, and we just wanted to stay an extra day and all this happened

Matthew Butenhoff Sep 11, 2018

Went with a car flight bundle. When checked on rental cars independently, found I could save 20%. Canceled Expedia. Will no longer use since cannot trust prices.

• Ci
    CindyLee10 Sep 11, 2018

since Friday, 16/17 upon receiving my notification of change in flight. I have contacted Expedia over 5 times in a 5 day period with no resolution to my situation. I will never use or recommend to Expedia to anyone.

• Sh
    Sheraton Kampala Sep 19, 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am working at Sheraton Kampala Hotel, and I am responsible to reply to guest's review on Expedia. However, I am facing some difficulties in logging in. I cannot reset the password, and It does not take me to the page where I can reply.

Kindly, I need your assistance.

Best Regards,
    Yunes Alamodi

• Em
    Emersyn Oct 14, 2018

I will never use your website again, as I believe I have been scammed by the so called travel insurance. I was unable to complete my travel plans due to a work emergency and when I filed a claim it was denied. I will recommend not using your service to anyone I have contact with.

Terri Dickson
    Travel Claim #UC81000249264

• Ha
    Hamid319 Oct 15, 2018

I have rent a car in San Diego on Aug 1, 2017. I have been charged 300 USD. this is way above the number I reserved the car through Expedia. I would like you guys resolve this issue.

Thanks
    hamid

• Gr
    Grgrgr!!!! Oct 16, 2018

I must cancel TWO of FOUR fully paid tickets. BOTH airlines have full records of tickets and payment. Expedia will not assist me without an itinerary #. I also have credit card payment records. I am fine with some sort of credit rather than cash.
    Mark J McGirl DELTA CONF # GN6XXO

SUNCOUNTRY Res # BGYVNF

• Mo
    moneer Oct 27, 2018

be aware this is fake only even they will not provide a reference number for your case then they will refer to other cases even though you have submitted the Itinerary number.

Marybbb Nov 04, 2018

29.04
    The manager was rude. Did not help. Dissatisfied. Didn't help at all. Didn't event try to. Want her to apologize.

• Mr
    mr i d pearce Nov 19, 2018

i would like to know why i cannot cancel flights already paid for in full and get a full refund given that i have given 4 months notice to the date of departure
    all i have been offered is a refund on the tax paid

• Us
    user1996644 Apr 02, 2019

A cheat as they fraudulently sell hotels as if a standard yet are not without any impunity. They are cheats and frauds and encourage filthy crooks. Fuck them up the arse,

• Vi
    Vimal Paul k Apr 27, 2019

could you please tell me the customer care number for Expedia that I can call from KSA?

Rover1234 Jun 23, 2019

Rates quoted by Expedia did not include AARP nor Senior discount. Could have gone direct to hotel and saved at least 10% if not 15% on a $1000 bill. Never again!!!

Roy Wolfe Jul 06, 2019

I booked a room through expedia.com in Fremont Ohio the place was called Great
    Lakes
    checked in, the room it was infested bed bugs I went to the office they have no-refund policy, was only there 5 minutes a scam the owner lies, called Expedia told there was nothing they could do will never use Expedia again
    Roy Wolfe

• He
    Hermiebarwas Aug 04, 2019

I charge to my credit card for a hotel i did not book and when i tried to call their customer service after i received the text about it, i was passed from one agent to the next and then made me wait for over an hour before somebody puck up the phone. Poor customer setvice and call center agents with indian accent.

• Ri
    RitzG Aug 07, 2019

I had made a reservation for Murphy's inn in Alaska and then cancelled it the next day. As per the refund policy displayed on Expedia, I should have gotten full refund. The hotel charged me $190 as cancellation fee and Expedia is not able to track down the hotel...this is ridiculous

• Mo
    Monty Barker/Cathy Loyd Sep 09, 2019

We made hotel reservation through expedia, we need a double bed room, they tell hotel we would take a king bed, we had our 2 teenage daughters traveling with us and need a double bed, they refused to give us a refund when we had to get another hotel room.

• Am
    Am khan Nov 24, 2019

I booked my flight on Oct 17, 2019, and it was confirmed. Five days before I just log in on Expedia and find the first leg from Chicago to Abu Dhabi is removed when I call support they were pulling me to get 33hrs flight which I don't want it because I have to join on the first workday.
    They asked me to pay extra and get another flight

• We
    weda saldana Jan 12, 2020

i guadalupe saldana cancelled payment withdraw 4 months ago and still im being charged for $23.00 a day. so i should get my 23 dollars put back on my card for the month of January, December, November, september

• Cl
    CLE1 Jan 15, 2020

Today I learned that any hotel bookings via 3rd party with Marriott will results in a forfeiture of points and days of stay to your rewards account. I just spent 13 days at Marriott and could not recoup any points to my rewards account.

• Tc
    Tchaka Shepherd Mar 15, 2020

Wow!! A national conference was canceled due to the recent outbreak. Expedia and the Airlines capitalizing off the coronavirus pandemic. On hold for over 90 minutes. Then finally they refused to refund my money after a 45 min conversation. Unbelievable. Will never use Expedia again.