Everest CollegeFraudulent School

I am currently enrolled at Everest and have a short amount of time left before my extership. I just learned that I will need to put in 160 hours of an approved externship without pay to graduate..why can't you graduate first then do your job placement. So you are telling me that even though I have a 95% if I can't find an externship site that will work with my hours, I owe $13, 000 for nothing! Wedon't even get certified at this school. You have to pay additional money to get certification! I've had 4 instructors in a time period of 5 months..leaned nothing but get A's
We sit in class 5 hours to work on homework and "lecture" is 15 minutes, also we can't miss 14 days in a row for any reason or are dropped and have to still pay the full loan amount. We get a diploma and will maybe get a job for $10 an hour what a scam
Pissed off!!!

• Wy
    Wylykayote Feb 15, 2014

Your headline or banner tells us all what we need to know about you.

• Ev
    Everest sucks Oct 29, 2013

This school is a joke! Everyone from the Campus President as well as vice president, admissions managers, reps and career services are liars. The admissions girls dressed like if they are going to a club and ready to strip. They enroll students who have no business in a class. They can't even speak proper English, and can barely read and write! How do you enroll people like that?? The teachers are great they do everything they can to help us students. The career services is just as bad as admissions the lie and falsify everything. They go through new people every month. They send us to places that are recycling externs. The president and Vice President try to intimidate us as well as their own instructors making them feel stupid in front of students. These woman try to instill fear in everyone's at this campus.

• Br
    brad douglas Sep 01, 2013

Everest College Mississauga: OSAP should blacklist Everest College

Please go to the link below and sign a petition against Everest College

Hello Disappointed Student,
    Not that I'm glad to hear that your book was riddled with typographical errors - but at least those folk with whom I shared my horror stories of my days at Everest and textbooks riddled with errors, glitches and such...well, maybe they'll believe me after seeing your post.
    Like you, my horrors at Everest are too numerous to list. Suffice to say, I'm glad that I finished and I'm sooo praying that I'll be able to secure gainful employment and that my Everest schooling won't be the handicap that it seems to be to so many other people trying to land a job.

Khanned Jul 12, 2013

Hey Samantha...too bad your post is so old...the horror stories I could have told you and the links I could have given you to a slew of fellow classmates.
    How did your research go? Wondering because I'd love to have read about it being a native of Toronto, I have great respect for Ryerson (although Carleton University is an awesome competitor) *smile*

Khanned Jul 12, 2013

It is interesting to note that the American counterpart to Everest seems to be as horrid as it is here in Canada. Makes one wonder how it is that they remain in business.

• Bt
    Bthe1 Mar 21, 2013

Waste of time and money. They teach you to do simple math such as addition and subtraction for their "medical billing" course. You end up spending way more money than what it would cost to go to a real school. Besides, there aren't very many job positions for what you are learning because you aren't really learning anything. Rip off.

• Da
    danny villarreal Aug 04, 2012

that's another reason why the economy is also dropping, how can this students pay a loan back if they cant even get a job.
    Job!!! and they should get the respect from employers and should be considered very valuable compare to a current employee don't care how long or how may years they were employed, they need to stop feeling tread-en by a college graduate if there fear is that a college graduate makes more money then go to school and stress your selves out like college graduates do.

• Da
    danny villarreal Aug 04, 2012

that's all true they should take more time on hands on training and less reading at Everest College. when you get out on the medical field employers supervisors don't really want to take the time to train you because they feel you should already know, and they get very upset about that, they treat their current employees that have not attend medical school more valuable then one that has completed college. Current employees get more respect then then a college graduate. But also employers don't realize what there doing they are being choosy about picking a current employee over a medical graduate and mistreating and disrespecting them, when they should be respected because they made the efforts to study and accomplish to get a degree, diploma, there the ones who need the jobs to pay the school loans back, also some employers are causing medical graduates to look bad when sometimes its there own current employees who are not giving the proper training because they state medical graduates should already know it all and that's not the case because there not doing hands on training the whole time they were at school. there's too much to learn and it cant all be absorb within nine months of school. there should be a law if you cant get a job at least with in the first year then you should get your money back or be released from that school loan.

• Sp
    Speakoutofexperience Aug 02, 2012

You should definitely improve that English of yours, "an teacher"?? How does that even sound in your head?? I've never heard that one in the "history of English mistakes". Yikes!

• Sp
    Speakoutofexperience Aug 02, 2012

@ lying: you should take some basic English classes; no employer would approve of such English; not even at a factory job. No school would be proud to sell such a student out there. Help yourself and you'll get help from others: you don't graduate from school and fully expect someone else to job search for you. So turn that anger you have against the school and pour it on job searching. Plus you'll be the one enjoying the pay cheques.

• Ia
    i am awesome Jul 14, 2012

just to let everyone know all colleges have good things about them and bad things thats all apart of . if you want to go somewhere in life then do something that is best for you but complaining about Everest isnt making your life better. fanshawe and western have there ups and downs . but hey everyone has there own opinion so whether you say how bad one school is to another its ultimately up t the person who has to make the choice on where they want to do their post secondary education. And also just because i few people have issues with a certain school doesnt mean what so ever that other people do .

• B7
    B77 Jun 28, 2012

HORRIBLE SCHOOL!!! Stay Away! If you want a crap education and no hope of having a job then by all means go hear. I went to this school, recently graduated. I was one of the top students. I used career services like i was told. This campus is a regular stop by police due to fighting. An instructor was beaten for trying to break up one of these fights. After I graduated I was bumped around the school to 6 different people to try to find me jobs and fix my resume. My one interview they managed to get me told me my resume was so messed up and I should have never listened to them to help me set it up how it was and that they are quickly going to be stopping hiring from my school. I was then called one day to say a place i had applied for threw a staffing company was going to be calling to set up an interview. i then called the staffing place to check in on it when I didnt hear anything. they said they never said that and had no idea where they got that from. So in other words my school flat out lied to me. I called and told them i wanted no more "help" and wanted nothing to do with there school. Thats a year and $20k of my life wasted when no one will hire due to the reputation of the school.

• Kl
    klayklay0 Jun 25, 2012

Okay so first of all...If i knew that this school was like this i wouldve never gone there. The school is very unorganized, when an teacher sends you to a meeting, the meeting is never at that room because they do not have the respect to notify the students on where they have changed it. So I had to do MOD D over again because this ridiculous pathetic excuse for a man said i could'nt do cpr. So then when i go back to do it. I pass cpr, i pass computers and lecture but i dont do 3 blood draws and 3 ekg's and i was like wtf? um so your saying im failing the whole course and i have to do this for the third time? and she said yes and i was like umm negative because i have already done this stupid mod twice...sooo...i wanna know who i have to notify because if they think im going to do this mod over again and get more money out of me when they already got alot im going to say no. and its ridiculous how gthe teachers pick favorites, to where this dumb broad is drinking in the class. And the teacher acts non-educated herself. I have saved every piece of essay and paper that i have done and i know i did my work and my essay's spectacular...this is bs

• Co
    Considering Jun 24, 2012

Thank you for your comments everyone. You have convinced at least one person to pass on this college.

Khacy Jun 22, 2012

What does this have to so with the school. ummm you get harassed the same on a job. You are an adult, handle it... WOW... Why is this even on the complaint board... someone please give me something to read...

• Ha
    HaileyCat Jun 14, 2012

I think you just saved me a lot of money... Thank you for posting this.

• Bo
    bobok Jun 09, 2012

The spelling and the grammar and the bullying and oh my god

• He
    heatherp001 Apr 24, 2012

i too have been sitting here w a degree in coding and cant use it because everyone wants experience. $31, 000 in loans. grauated ayear and a half ago. if theres ever aclas action law suit let me know

• Tr
    TROUBLED GOOD STUDENT Apr 21, 2012

they have picture of my friends that got jobs ONTHIER OWN onthier wall, like they had something to with it! it makes me so angry and sick how america can allow such an evil scam to such desperate and good hearted people

• Tr
    TROUBLED GOOD STUDENT Apr 21, 2012

this happened to me between September and April..
    Let me start off with saying, save your money, and time.. all the program provided are about 17, 000.00 but when you finally do pay them off, if you do it ON TIME its around 25, 000.00 and its a CERTIFICATE, not a degree, not a diploma, it is not owrth a thing out in the real world. Not only are the staff made up of unprofessional CHARACTERS, yes, characters, They're jokes and I can't imagine how anyone in thier right mind could have chosen such selfish and stupid people to do such an important job.
    The role models set before you are clueless and careless of those that walk through the door AFTER YOU"VE signed all the contracts!!
    Linda Vejavoda is an unprofessional teacher, a lazy one who pawns off her bright students off with others in order to make HER work load lighter, SUPPOSED TO BE TEACHING THESE STUDENTS FOR 7MONTHS AND YOUR ABSENT FROM YOUR CLASS 3-4 MONTHS OUT THE DAY!
    & CHEATERS, CAUGHT BY OTHER STUDNETS and myself AND LINDA PASSED THEM? FAVORIOTISM! AND MUTIPLE STUDENTS WITNESSED THIS HELPLESSY BEACUSE THE WHOLE "SCHOOL IS CURRUPT AS HELL!
    My first week of school a girl called me out in class to try to get me to defend her against the "head of Education, director" Ester-
    (ESTER, THE MOST USELESS PERSON AT THAT "SCHOOL" besides Bjon..)
    she got a wierd piercing and wanted me to compare and defend it to my gages that i had gotten OKAYED BEFORE I JOINED
    I disgreed and i had made an enemy, being th teachers pet, i had no idea I had "chosen the wrong side"
    these girls were bullies and protected! by linda!
    they picked on other students and linda LAUGHED along with them, theses girls spoke about theyre "baby daddys being in jail" how they "liked to get it on and have thier 12 year old sons to bring them warm towles to wipe up with after" Foul, disturbing LOUD conversations that distracted, grossed and backtracted the whole class, even if you TRIED to get help from the teacher, she was in too much of a hurry to "have fun gossiping" or get back to HER WON STUDIES. Many students felt abandoned in class due to this selfsih teachers actions to constanly gossip, and do her OWN ONLINE CLASS HOMEWORK DURING CLASS!
    I got bullied by Ms.Lindas students, during my first 3 months and she kept telling me "to my own business and look the other way"
    "just don't let it get to you" these girls told others they were "ugly" "stupid" told them to "shutup" during class and what is suppoed to be a cute little class activity at the end of each"mod" turned into a fight one day! yes, a fight over a potluck people, but who got introuble..not the "pets"
    those pets didnt do thier workand are now unemployed and will remain as shady as they entered through those doors.
    after they left we had one good month of peace that linda kept being absent for, thats when Ms. Stacy cam in. A African Amercian substitute with SO MUCH attitude, it was hard to approach her and ask for ANYTHING!
    Ms. Virginia seems like a nice teacher but I never spoke to her about anything because she never said anything!

the second half of my "education" at that school was interupted by a girl that WAS OUTLOUD telling girls" your my new best friend, your gonna let me copy" um no, and as much as i covered my paper along with others nearby, she continued to cheat.I along with others students brought up the problem WEEKLY, to the "instructor" Ms.Linda told me she would handle it and then, on during a part of class i didnt attend, confronted the student about it saying your class mate told me your copying off her paper, is this true, cause theyre telling on you and i just wanted you to kow that...yes, she basically sadi this, becuase, the girl along with the one before her, were NOT REPRIMANDED, not expelled, nothing. they kept it quiet, because, with a class that small, you can't keep secrets like that!
    Ms.Kimberly in charge
    I REALLY THOUGHT SHE CARED but she doesn't she wants to hear about the happy new comres and anyoneelse, she usaully out the office. if you find her, she be pleasent and sounds like she undersatnds your concerns, but shes a BOSS, not an educator, and SHE DOESNT CARE IF YOU ENJOY YOUR EDUCATION AT EVEREST AS LONG AS YOU PAY YOUR BILL AND ATTEND
    By the way; ANYONE hired at EVEREST COLLEGE can be employed after 5years of experience, ..no Teacher Training or any Educating Experience in nescesary AT ALL! Just sign up after 5years of experience, good or bad, and they do hire lots of BAD!

The career reps don't seem to knwo how to use MWORD, we are taught, or atleast provided access to word THERE! thats why its such a joke, they get angry at these overwhemled, wideyed thirsty for knowledge people and many desperate to make a change in thier lives. yet the staff themselves are complaetly useless in the field, clueless on current operations and the EXTENSHIPS spots are so bad because EVEREST HAS A BAD REPUTATION, AND ITS TRUE. ITS ALL TURE AND WORSE! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, BUT IF YOU HAVENT SIGNED UP, PLEASE DON'T AND IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE, PLEASE CONTACT EX STUDENTS AND GET REVIEWS YOURSELF I DID NOT MEET ANY EX-EVEREST STUDENTS UNTILL AFTER I JOINED AND IM JUST GONNA TRY AND SAVE A FEW FROM MAKING THE WRONG CHOICE AND CHOOSING THAT SCAM

• Ar
    ArielJ Apr 19, 2012

I just enrolled in Everest college and my first day was four days ago. I called them yesterday to withdraw because some things didn't set right with me. My financial aide award letter was not broken down into semesters or terms like Everest said. They said that Everest has three terms which is like a year. I asked if that was 5, 500 enough to attend that year for all of the classes I would be taken and they said yes. They told me by the end of the month the awarded money would be posted to my account and all classes that I would be taking this year will be paid for already. I did take the option to receive my refund check instead of only taking enough out for the schooling for this term. Then I got my reward letter it would usually show how financial aide gives the money for what date and what semester and how much. It was one semester for 5, 500 but when I called and asked why they hold 2/3 of your refund until the other terms they said its because they are set up in thirds and they don't get all of the money from financial aide all at once. They only get what they need for the few classes I was taking at the time. They told me I would only using about 1900 for the term and that's all financial aide gave them for now. That made no sense to me because if so it would be broken down on the award letter how much in thirds they were giving then at the bottom the overall amount given. That's how my past rewards looked sectioned off for how much I got for each semester then the overall amount. This made me do some research on Everest and I have found other people with problems of them taking their money and taking to much. I have read about lawsuits for misleading students about accreditation. They are only nationally accredited not regionally. This makes it hard to transfer to other schools with those credits. I have been asking since yesterday to withdraw because I don't wanna be ripped of taking loans out for a bogus college. They keep me on the phone trying to convince me about them being legit and waisting my time. They talk to me like Everest is my only chance at education and that I'm making a mistake and they feel sorry for what might happen in my future. I told them just like I found Everest I will find another school but if its online I will do research on them first. They told me that getting into school is not that easy and Everest is my best chance. I have been accepted to other schools even traditional colleges but I'm a single and working mother. Time is money for me and I need all the money I can get to take care of my kids. I think they are a scam I wish they would withdraw me so I can get on with my day. They say they will call me today and withdraw me but I think they are trying to buy time to get the financial aide money. It doesn't take that long to withdraw a person

• Sl
    slikkmama Mar 01, 2012

My debt is $27, 197.08 for a AA degree I was told would cost me $15, 000 and in the end leave me making hundreds of thousands of dollars when they placed me in the right job at the end of my one year program. These people are a joke. The recruiters are trained to lure you into the school. They glamorize all their programs, sell you on all their "success stories" and sucker you into thinking their program is your best and only option. I can't believe I was duped, blinded, robbed. :(

• Wh
    Whu Wana Noa Jan 31, 2012

Why couldn't you leave a name¿ I mean, if this is true, a name could have gotten a couple of people on your side who witnessed this.

• Wh
    Whu Wana Noa Jan 31, 2012

Okay, can any body with at least some good proof about Everest point out what the school is like, if you have the following;
    a) Do you have a mark higher than a 74 the passing mark through sympathy
    b) Can complain about what the real issue is
    c) Isn't some cracked out [censored] who used MS WORD to proof-read when, "and" never starts a continuing sentence? A teecher neads mre grmar to sepll the shti corectly to acshally pruve a POINT!
    d) Be prompt and very specific!

• En
    Enough!! Nov 24, 2011

Aarons chooses the lowest ### on earth to run thier stores. The one in Lawrenceburg Tn. is managed by a skanky drug abusing gossiper. I have spent a lot of money on thier merchandise in the past but NEVER again they need to be boycotted and put out of buisness.

• Do
    donwannabeknown Nov 24, 2011

I am a former employee of Everest College in Canada.

The school, if you remember from any of the paperwork, has a "Pillars of Excellence" (HAH!!) One of those crumbly pillars is "Integrity", which is the bigger joke because they have none.

I had a student who broke the Criminal Code of Canada by forging physician's signatures. She was allowed to re-enter, I got fired for standing up for my professional and personal integrity and the integrity of the school.

They will pull the rug out from under you the minute your first tuition cheque is cashed.

They closed the campus I was working at, moved us to another campus, promised my students "state of the art" equipment. We wound up in a storage closet. And I'm not exaggerating. We were in a room that was being used for storage. With NO equipment, state of the art or otherwise.

We would go week by week, day by day, not knowing if we had a classroom. On a few occasions, I held class in the mall next door or in the student lounge. Once even in a Tim Horton's!

I am not recommending Everest to ANYONE.

• Mo
    monike Nov 10, 2011

Everest college is the worst school I have ever attended.. I feel like an ### for having those ppl convince me that it was the place to start my furture!
    That school has emotionally and verbally abused me. They dont care about us, I have been more then effected by them... there is one individual in that school that really tries her best to effect students in a negative way "IF" she dont like you..I am going to the London free Press about this . I want the community to know the truth about what they do to thier students, and what has happen to me because of this school, they take your money and then stop caring, , People do not attend this college, it is not worth it, they will make you beleive they care, that is untill they get all the money.after that they will even find a way to have you removed. I know 4 students that have been kicked out for the most ###ed things, they pull thier code on conduct ###...Not that code on conduct is not important because it is but they take advantage of this... Its so horrible..to make everything even worse, , they should tell the students that are going in, that the teachers do not have any type of teaching degree in any manner, most of them work in corrections. what I have observed there is that they try and treat adult students like they are in jail..the people that have hurt me will be exposed for what they did, the public will know and this school should be shut down...DO NOT ATTEND EVEREST NO MATTER WHAT THEY TELL YOU!!! UWO or Fanshaw EVEREST IS A SCAM!!!

• Cu
    cuddles8899 Sep 09, 2011

They keep mess up my student loans and my pell grant . They do not get a holded of you when you thye we paper work. My mom gets two students loans to my one. They lied to me about my classes. They start people in the middles of a class and your are be hid in your class. They get my books after my class has started that is not fare. They told me I could pick my classes now you can not. My advisor did not do his work to get me the papers I need to get my pell grant . I have called for three weeks and just two days a go they told me I need to get them a paper about my taxes and I do not get the paper until today I talk to him then he send me the attachment for me to get the paper they needed.

• Ev
    Eva Delong Sep 06, 2011

I had no debt until everest, now I have an 18, 000.00 debt and an education that I can't use anywhere because no one will hire me once they find out where i've gone they don't even want to talk with me. I had an interview once that was setup by someone I know. I get there the receptionist takes my resume, hands it to another women they both go behind a room divider and start talking about me. I can hear everything their saying the other women says where did she go to school the other says everest the other one says tell her we have no openings. I've e-mailed, walked and mailed off resumes gone on monster, snag-a-job, every on line job info center i could find. I graduated in 2017, I stepped down from my supervisior potision at work, i had to take a cut in pay and a cut in hours. I thought this was going to better my family. In 2017 the school called us back for a meeting they actually made promises they would have a job fair, they did, half the doctors didn't show up. Some new head guy shows up at the meeting in 2017, says he promises that by October of this year we will all have jobs. I talked to the career counslers before graduation and when I went to pickup my dipolma, I did not walk across the stage, i refused to pay for my cap and gown I thought that should have been in the price. anyway, I talked about a job not being to far away because i don't drive this was the issue when i had my externship. my externship sucked i was put in a place where there was no other Medical Assistants, not even a Nurse. My on the job training was with a Billing and Coding person who didn't do billing and coding she was the receptionist, I learned how to file and fax and answer the phones. I guess i was supposed to give myself the on the job training. when i complained the only other place was to far away and by time they did any thing i was almost done so what was the point. they graduated me anyway. so I know i'm not the only person to have a bad time at everest what i said wasn't even the high light's i didn't tell you about the month without a teacher, i was asked why didn't i quit well i was already locked into having to pay, I had to make the best of the bad. i can get any job i want i interview very well and any place i wanted to work at i've always gotten. with my resume with everest on it i can't even get a retail job. now it's 2017 everyone want's their money for giving me an education, for a job that i can't even get an interview for. anyone know any good lawyers that will take my case. I am serious about the lawyer. E-mail me [email protected] i'm still not working as a Medical Assistant.

• Di
    Disgruntled Graduate too Aug 19, 2011

Boycott this college. Put them out of business as soon as possible. So many of us graduates can't get jobs and are stuck with 15, 000 $ loans.

Employers don't hire Everest Students..Its embarressing

• Mr
    Mrs.B86 Aug 10, 2011

I enrolled in the pharmacy tech program Feb of 2017 and I don't even know where do I start the complaints. Maybe the different teachers and counselors each mod, how there was always violent dispute amongst the students, or the really BAD curriculum! I took out loans and always had issues with financial aid for teachers that usually answers "I don't know". I remember times where me & other students debated our teacher because the tests had double negative questions. I wasted my time and money, also gas because I just went on interviews but didn't get hired. So, I ended up spending less $ and enrolled in CNA classes. Now I have no problem finding work. It's a shame a vocational place costs less and you learn something, and I found jobs on my own. Everest really is a scam, I hope people realize and don't attend there. They're just preying on people and it's scary how much they pretend to understand your need for a career

• Congrats to the people who have succeed from everest. but the fact that 75% of students that have completed the courses have not found jobs due to the lack of assistance they are recieving from everest. Everest isn't consistent when it comes to career services. They tell you they are there to help you find jobs and makes you believe that when you graduate that you will be set. But unfortunatley that doesnt always work out for all. I myself have gradutated, but had no luck in finding employment due to the following reasons: 1. lack of experience ( employers look for at least 2 years or more), 2. In washington state clinics/hospitals such as Multicare and Franciscan is basically against hriring everest students. 3. Everest just has a bad name when it comes to delivering a good education. I have been walking in my resumes and all that i can do in trying to find a job but still no luck. But with confidence I'm still searching. Everest career services hasn't contacted me in reguards to job leads or they have NOT return my phone calls or email. So that can be very frustrating for you if you had to drive 30 miles just to go and talk to a person and get nothing out of it. They tell you they have been submitting your resume but when i had asked them for proof they couldn't provide me with it. Everest should do some sort of entrance exam becuase honestly they get people from the ghetto and beyond. If i would have known i would have went to a Communtiy college or another technical school. but since i didn't do my research, that is what i get! But i will succeed in what i want to do, which is to help provide adequte care for people. To help people recover from sickness and to help maintain a healthy and good life, that is what I live for. For all those whom have went to Everest and has had no luck, don't give up. Just give up on Everest's help. Do it yourself and walk it in. This wouldn't be the school i would reccomend you going to though. God bless you all and those whom have not found a job, you will get one! Just keep looking, someone wants you, you just don't know it!

• Re
    reefercat Jun 24, 2011

criteria for intra oral level 2: I think i know the criteria for this

• Up
    UPSETSSUDENT Jun 23, 2011

H i i have completed my my 8 month course and iam now a Dental -assistant intra -oral level one but was not told the criteria of what was expected of me to get into level 2 . I talk to the director of education for that school and he admitted that he did not even know and finance told me I was in and to my dissappointment i am not because of lack of knowledge of the administration and a mix up of grades they make up things as they go along which is very fustrating . Teachers change teachers grades as well which is totally unfair and now the INTRA -ORAL LEVEL ONE IS BEING DISCONTINUED SOO YOU MUST DO LEVEL 2 OR YOU WASTED YOUR TIME AND MONEY AND NOW I FIND MYSELF SCRAMBLING TO GET IN TO LEVEL 2 OR FIND ANOTHER COLLEGE THAT WILL TAKE ME . DONT GO TO EVEREST !

• Ru
    Rurouni_inuchan May 20, 2011

I was the top of my class. I did everything I was supposed to and more and I did it without the help of those so called teachers. I'm not belittiling your experience at the campus you chose to attend, I am saying what happened with my college experience. There are some out there who hava managed to find a campus with very compassionate teachers, but this was not one of them. I was paying good money to learn about my subject, not be told about their daily life and their personal situations. when you are a teacher, you are to be on time and TEACH, which is something neither of them did. Whatever you decide to think of me, by all means go ahead, but it doesn't change the fact that my experience at everest sucked.

• Bu
    bubbies May 19, 2011

Let me guess, you couldnt keep up with the education, or didnt attend faithfully, Or, failed to complete your homework. OR, maybe you were dismissed from the program for your attitude. I too am an Everest College Graduate, and I am currently working in a Hospital, and climbing the corporate ladder. Its ME that did it, with the HELP of a diploma to get my foot in the door, Cause without it, I wouldn't have even gotten the interview. So, maybe you should not bash the school, but fix your OWN issues. Good luck in your future. :)

• Ru
    Rurouni_inuchan May 13, 2011

My name is Rachel. I attended everest college for a little over a week, and I'm thankful I got out when I did. The teachers didn't teach me a damn thing, they were constantly late for their own classes and I wasn't able to once get them to answer a single question I needed answered. I brought this up with the faculty head and she didn't do a damn thing about it. I decided at this point that if these teachers could not be fixed that I would try a different teacher, which only happened to be available at night. I asked them to transfer me to the night class, only to have them keep me enrolled in the day classes to sit there and take money off me. I was to be un-enrolled and re-enrolled into the night classes and they hadn't even sent in the proper paperwork which they had me fill out. I was finally fed up and asked them why I was still enrolled in my day classes when I filled out the proper paperwork to transfer, but they didn't tell me a damn thing. My admissions advisor lied through his teeth to me about my situation and I had finally had enough. I told them to go ### themselves. I actually saw someone at McDonald's who had graduated from Everest with no luck finding a job because she had attended everest. I'm done with that school and this is a warning, do not attend said school, they are a bunch of cheats and liers.

sam_sim9 Mar 19, 2011

Hi,
    My name is Samantha and I'm a journalist with Ryerson University. I'm currently writing a story on students being scammed by private-career colleges in Canada. Your experience at Everest sounds horrible! I'd like to interview you & give you a chance to tell your side of the story.
    You can reach me at [email protected] OR [protected].

• Jm
    jmarmt Mar 19, 2011

DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL. I have been an exemplary student, on the presidents list, and was voted in January and February by the rest of the class for PRIDE. I started the massage therapy program in December. I just withdrew in March from Everest College's Massage Therapy program due to a situation that occurred the very first week of instruction. I was approached in the parking lot by a student. He wanted my phone number and asked me to come to his home for dinner, that he was having problems with his wife and just needed someone to talk to. He was aware that I was married because on the very first day of class, we went around the room and introduced ourselves. I said, "I am happily married, have two children, and two dogs..." I told him, first of all, my husband would not appreciate that and second this is not appropriate. I went to the director of the massage therapy program and told her that this student approached me, what he said and how I responded. She told me she can't kick him out and that I probably misinterpreted his intention. She further stated, "you are an adult, deal with it". Mind you, during lab, we are working on one another, naked, with only a sheet to cover our private areas. I was forced to work with him in lab and allow him to massage me. He was not getting the techniques, he was rubbing and caressing, not using the techniques as learned while the instructor watched as I squirmed. This student constantly asked me why I wouldn't talk to him. You would think he would have got the message, but he obviously has boundary issues. Fast forward to March. I overheard him telling another student that he was going through a divorce and that he would like to have her number and "go out". Having studied with her for the past three months, I knew how she was going to respond. She told him no. At that point, I had had enough and said "(name withheld), I am sorry you are having problems with your marriage, but you need to go home and fix your marriage and stop bringing your personal problems to school. This is not the place. The very next class day, I was approached by the director of massage therapy and my instructor, taken to her office and threatened. I was told that there had been complaints about me. I was then treated like a five year old and put in the corner against the wall. I am appalled at the way this was handled. I went to the President, Terri Hines, to file a complaint and was questioned and treated like a common criminal. I went to the police and am filing complaints with everybody and their brother! SICKENING!!!