Everdry waukesha wisselling practices

My 80 year old parents received a cold call stating that a man would be in the area for a free inspection of there home and asked if they would like him to stop by to look at there basement. The guy showed up Flynn was his name went into toe basement and wrote them an estimate for 30 THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! They were shocked and said they could get started RITE AWAY!! Upon speaking to my dad he told me I would have to move some of my things around in the basement because he had to have this work done!! I was shocked to see the estimate and called IHN foundation repair. They came out on a SUNDAY, said they wouldn't give my father an estimate witout doing exporatoy work just to see exactly what needed to be done. MONDAY morning 8am sharp they were out here took up concrete in 2 places ran water through the system and WALLA!!! It was 6500 and they were out the door finished with permits approved, electical sump pump installed, concrete in, and you could eat off the floor!!! IHN WATERPROOFING AND PLUMBING NEW BERLIN WIS get them or get screwed!!! [protected]

selling practices

• Wk
    wkhomeowner Nov 10, 2018

I had everdry provide me a quote their first bid was 58000 2nd was 35000 third that’s 17000 no thanks after having three other reputable companies bid on my foundation repair all 3 said everdry bid on your home right when I told them the dollar amount - yes they have quite the reputation- scammers

• Mf
    mflynn227 Nov 10, 2018

@wkhomeowner Dear wlhomeowner, I must apologize. The original diagnosis and price for repair should have stuck. I believe we changed our price to EARN your business and should not have. I am sure we tried piecing the repair together instead of sticking with the original plan.

You see, your basement was originally protected by a "system", like the roof protects the upstairs and main floor with a system of roof shingles, gutters, and downspouts. And when that system dies and issues are noticeable, it is only proper that the whole system be replaced. Others can quote much cheaper prices by doing just the interior though the water flows through your walls and should be addressed before it has the chance to attack the walls and feed the mold. Or the job is only done in one area, typically where water has been seen on the inside. How incredibly short-sited! But that lower price sure will sound way more attractive than doing the right thing for the home and for your family. And it is there where our inspector made his mistake. We cannot try to compete with pricing. Where we excel is doing the ethical work for the home.

And these 3 companies had something less than positive to say about us? Shocking! (sarcasm intended) When you are the nation's largest waterproofing company (and much larger than that in southeastern Wisconsin), you sure do get a lot of potshots. But we warranty for life and have been in business now for 30 years now. Hard to keep a supposed "scam" going that long with such results. 10, 000 homes waterproofed and warrantied forever, transferrable to whomever owns the house.

Before contracting with one of those other 3, please ask how long their warranty lasts. And when it has an end date, ask why they don't back up their work for the long haul. Oh, and ask how long they've been in business. Easy to warranty for 20 years when you've been in business for less than 10.

Anyway, I hope your foundation gets the attention it no doubt needs. And when the work fails, give us a call. We'll be around. ;)

Yours,

Matthew Flynn
    GM
    Everdry Waterproofing

• Mf
    mflynn227 Nov 04, 2013

Gregg,

I am the inspector that inspected your parents basement. Though I cannot recall the exact diagnosis, I CAN tell you that a "partial" fix is NOT a good way of handling waterproofing issues. Your parents, as with all homes built in Wisconsin, are built with a "system" to keep the basement protected from the harsh weather and moist ground of Southeastern Wisconsin. That system could include tar on the porous cement, drain tiles to whisk the water away, sump pump to pump the water from those drain tiles. All of these systems age, like shingles on a roof. And to replace a section of waterproofing, putting blinders on to the other areas of the basement, is comparable to replacing a few shingles on a roof instead of installing a new roof when it has met its day. So, your choice to cancel with us and go with a cheaper fix is not unheard of, but is clearly a patch job. Speaking ill of me when I refused to do the cheaper and EASIER fix when I knew it was not the right thing for your parents is disingenuous and hurtful to read.

JK2, I apologize that I was no available to answer your questions. I was and inspector and not in the office very often. I am now in the office each day. Please call us at [protected]. If you have not received your deposit, I will MAKE SURE it gets to you.

Lastly, there can NEVER be a guarentee when it comes to waterproofing. No one can guarantee water will not find its way through the protection. That said, Everdry is the only life-time, renewable WARRANTY in the business. If you have kept up your warranty, they will strive to fix the issue. That's what the warranty is. And the fact that it transfers with the home to whomever owns it is BY FAR the most commitment you will find in this business.

• Jh
    jhust1212 Dec 14, 2011

I've been a happy Everdry customer for years, and I have had nothing but positive experiences with them. When the salesman came he spent HOURS answering all the questions we had, and we had a LOT! He was very patient and courteous with us, and seemed genuinely interested in informing us and helping us out. Needless to say, we had them out a few weeks later to perform the work. The crew was VERY kind, considerate, and well-organized. The whole job took about three days to complete, and they left the house just as clean as they came! Sounds too good to be true? Nope! I love Everdry!

• Hk
    hk0360 Dec 14, 2011

Getting my basement waterproofed with Everdry was the BEST DECISION I EVER MADE! After years of dealing with a leaky basement, I finally decided to do something about it. Everdry came out after a call for a free estimate, and we agreed to have the drain tiles installed. 5 years later, I have no water in my basement! Couldn't be happier!

sad sack Oct 31, 2010

My basement flooded twice after my $12, 000. investment
    with EverLie. They warranty but don't GUARANTY anything.
    I had my basement drywalled & remodeled after my investment, only to have it destroyed by water, carpet
    ruined, etc, all of which I had to handle clean-up & replacement on my own as a single senior...cost way more than I could afford. Lost wages, & emotional stress beyond belief. Stay away! Too tired to fight with them in court.

nogonnatellu Oct 20, 2010

There is no doubt in my mind that EverDry is disorganized. They repaired my basement and boy do I regret dealing with this company. 20, 000 dollars later and more attempts to correct the situation than I can count and my basment is still no right. I filed claims with the BBB, the FTC, and the Wisconsin department of Consumer Protection. All of whom told me there is really nothing they can do. I now have a second mortgage on my home and my basement still leaks. Not to mention the mold thats growing from the dampness, the bugs I have and all the cracks they left in my basement floor. I tell you this company if full of promises that they never kept. They have lied to me, been rude to me, swore at me on the phone, promised to do repairs they never completed. Stood me up for appointments, and even showed up with out tools to fix the job one time. I have never dealt with a worse company in my life. Now of course I am stuck paying for a second mortgage on my home and the problem is not fixed and the company won't even deal with me. I have had numberous other companies come out who told me that Everdry really didn't fix my problems they just hid them by putting a plastic sheet on the wall to hide the water thats still coming in. I hope they get what they deserve in the end. Because they shouldn't even be allowed to practice buisness as far as I am concerned.

• Jk
    JK2 Oct 04, 2010

We had Flynn out for a FREE estimate, but the sweet talker talked us into having $17, 000 worth of work done, so we signed up as "on call" to save almost $3000. We were to talk to Flynn on Monday (he came on Saturday), but we couldn't get a hold of him. We called several times on Tuesday, but never heard back from him. Because we were told to cancel with him and him only, we decided to cancel (within our 3 day grace period), and took our cancellation notice directly to the office Tuesday night. We STILL haven't recieived our original $200 deposit back, and it's been 10 WEEKS! We are convinced that, though it was never cashed, they lost it in their office. DO NOT GO WITH EVERDRY! They are scammers and disorganized!