eTradeThey Closed My Account and Kept my Funds

On Saturday, my account had been closed by ETrade, and all my funds of $8500 were cleared out, with a net asset of $0. I was given a phone number [protected] to call, and I will do so on Monday. I doubt that I will get any money back. WHAT A SCAM!!! They stole my money, and there is nothing I can really do about it. I called '7 on your side' to see what can be done about this. I had shares in 17 stocks, and they were all doing well. I only had my account open for less than three weeks !!! This is extremely upsetting. I'm probably going to sue them.

• Jr
    JRR879 Nov 23, 2019

I used eTrade for 9 years, my problem is they locked-up my accounts, refuse to refund me, and refuse to close my accounts. All I did was try to open a checking account. I've been arguing with eTrade for 2 months now and I have an active lawsuit against them. Are you the only person on your account? In theory, they are supposed to send your money to your address on file when an account is closed.

• Da
    Dale McNab Oct 16, 2019

Kinda like a common theme with this E*TRADE place. They sold a stock of mine for 50% of the value at the time and said that I had a standing sell order that had been sitting there!!! If that was the case, as the stock rose to that sell order price - Wouldn't it have not sold at that price as it passed thru that price... But NO, it went far past that pricing and then all of a sudden I get a notice that my shares sold for far below the actual price of the stock...
    Any complaints went to obviously a file 13 and no response ever given.
    Today I just got a notice that I owe them fees money and I opened my account to see that I own “NO” stocks, but last week I did.
    WTF is going on with this company!
    It is a complete fraud and nobody seems to be investigating them...???????

• Du
    Dussmo Nov 19, 2018

This happened to me as well. Have you found any solution?
    They closed my account and took my funds.

• Bo
    bobdupa Apr 26, 2013

Scam and after reviewing their partners I noticed Ebay and Paypal so that explains it

Comment Guidelines