Enhanced Services BillingScam billing

S

In the month of September, I found a charge for a voice mail account from BLVD Network that I did not ask for. I called the phone company, and they told me to call the third party. I called them and they did take the $12.95 charge off, however, the very next month (October), I found another charge for another company called Myiproducts Imail, that I did not authorize. You can only call Enhanced Services Billing on week days. The lines are quite busy. I am tired of this scam!

The two company's and Enhanced Services Billing are doing this illegally and all should be investigated and stopped.

One saving grace here is that if you call your phone company, they have the ability to block all outside miscellaneous charges. Of course no one tells you that unless you ask if there is anything they can do. People who pay their bills without looking at them are getting ripped off royally! This has got to stop!

• Al
    AL in Brooklyn Oct 13, 2009

Just discovered a fraudulent/unauthorized charge on my Verizon bill. Turns out these guys have been (lightly) slapped by the FTC in the past (2001). Everyone - including the phone companies - knows these guys are scammers. Most phone companies offer free "crammer block" options to prevent future occurrences such as these and will simply reverse the charges back to ESBI. But even if you get your situation resolved, PLEASE file a complaint (takes 5 minutes online) at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ But don't be discouraged by the fact that some of the questions don't seem to apply - there is an AMPLE comments section at the end that will allow you to provide whatever details the automated form won't allow.

If enough people file, maybe the FTC will take another look - obviously the first settlement in 2001 had no effect whatsoever.

JOANIE100 Feb 23, 2010

Wells Fargo has cell phone coverage if you pay on their Visa. I had my cell phone for 3 years. I accidently washed it in the washing machine. I called Enhancement and they put me through hell attempting to get a new $107.00 cell. They finally said "yours is a prepaid plan with Metro so you are not covered. Hmmm... I was just told to pay on my Visa, which I do and I pay every month to Metro so I do not understand this. Plus they try to work their way out from the start on paying you. THEY ARE EXTREMELY CUNNING AND RUDE. THEY PUT YOU ON HOLD FOREVER AND START FROM THE VERY BEGINNING TO WORK THEIR WAY OUT FROM PAYING YOU. I AM GOING TO GO TO THE INSURANCE COMMISSIONER AND ASK ABOUT THESE PEOPLE. MAYBE THEY HAVE TOO MUCH SNOW ON THEIR BRAINS.