Enhanced Recovery Corp.possible ID theft

This collection agency has been harassing me with recorded phone calls. When I called them, they claimed to be collecting a debt I owed ATT. They listed a phone number and address that have never been mine or anyone's I knew. I called ATT and they had no record of this debt or any account at the phone number or address. ERC asked for a police report, but the police say I do not have enough information since all my information comes from ERC only. ERC claimed their information came from ATT, but that's all they can tell me. In a used car salesman sort of way they offered me a chance to settle this debt... WHAT?? I don't owe anything! If I did I would pay ATT, not them. Anyway, now I am worried because they have my social security number. My credit record is currently clean, no negative items, all accounts in good standing. Watch out for this company, and don't give them more information. At first I started to and then in later phone calls they acted as if they got this information elsewhere, not just from an earlier phone call with me.

• Bo
    bobtheman Sep 02, 2009

Do you have a common name? Could just be they think you're someone else.

• Af
    Afraid1 Mar 03, 2014

They call every day 3 to 4 times a day, 7 days a week. Ring 3 times then hang up. Tonight at 8pm they called and threatened that if I did not call [protected] that they would be at my home on Wednesday March 5th and if they did not find me at home they would show up at my place of employment. I have the message saved on my answering machine. I'm afraid.

• Be
    beachguy1111 Jan 26, 2016

They called me and said same thing, I went to ATT store and spoke with ATT on several occasions and they were telling me it's fraud. This was just after I switched to Verison if that matters. ERC also gave me an account number when I asked for ti so I could provide it to ATT, the # given to me by ERC had no significance.