Employment CrossingWill not refund money

D Review updated:

I tried to cancel on the last day of my three day trial and they were closed. So I called as soon as they opened at 9 a.m. the next day and the customer service agent was horrible. She refused to return the money and when I referenced the 100% satisfaction guarantee, she directed me to the terms of use (that contradicts the 100% satisfaction guarantee).

The guarantee states "EmploymentCrossing's free trial is covered by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If at any time during your free trial you are not happy with EmploymentCrossing for any reason, please contact our customer service department immediately. Your complete satisfaction is our goal. (Do not worry if you forget to call us before the end of your trial, either.) We want you to enjoy our site and feel confident giving us a try. If you tell us you wanted an extra day or two to try the site and did not call us before the end of your trial we will generally make sure you have not been charged for the service. Your complete satisfaction and happiness with us is our goal."

When I asked her why the company tells customers that they should not worry if they forget to call before the final day, she referred me to point #5 in the Terms of Use that states that refunds will only be honored in the first 3 days. When I tried to speak to a manager about the contradicting guarantee and terms of use, she informed me that there was no manager there. After demanding to speak to a manager several times she rudely told me to call back later and he may be available.

This company needs to be shut down. I'm going to take every step necessary to get my money refunded!

• Pa
    Paul Pinecone May 31, 2019

Weirdly enough, I just had a pleasant interaction with Employment Crossing.

I called to say I had thought I had a month to cancel the monthly subscription, not 15 days. The nice person didn't argue just said, would you like us to send you a refund and cancel your account?

Well, there was nothing I could say to that.