EmcareER Service

L

My mother was brought in by ambulance to Palms of Pasadena in St Petersburg on December 15th after falling out of her wheelchair. Unfortunately the hospital that she always goes to, St. Anthonys was on divert due to volume. She was checked out by the ER physician and after deciding that she was fine, was released to me and I drove her back to her assistant living. This was an evening occurrence.
My mother had Medicare and Empire plan and had never had a charge from St. Anthonys although she had a similar incident happen the month before. We were sent a bill of $1620 and told that Medicare rejected it due to the coding. Once Medicare rejected it, so did Empire Plan. I feel that I am going around in circles trying to get someone to get this taken care of.