eCampus.comReturn

A

I returned my book rental to them on 12/18/2010, this is now 01/03/2011...they are STILL saying that they have not receive my book, and are charging my credit card funds for being late, I called the customer service number and they said it can take 20-30 days to process a return...yet they are still saying I am late with the book...so not only did I pay 66.00 to rent the book now they are charging me 17.00 on 12/30 for a late fee and said another will hit on 1/6!! DO NOT RENT BOOKS FROM HERE! It would be cheaper to buy them! Less hassle too! RENTER BEWARE!!!
I think that its sad that they are preying on college students who are already strapped with cost of college...RUN DONT RENT FROM HERE!!!

• St
    Stevenle Aug 28, 2012

Don't try to buy or rent book from Ecampus. They are liar. I ordered a book (Building a Medical Vocabulary : With Spa... $55.22) from them 10 days before classes started, I am afraid don't have enough time for shipping so I have to pay more (3to5 business day) for shipping. Right after I ordered, I got an Email with the confirmation number and the book had been shipped but after a week ( before school start 3 day) they sent me an email that
    Due to a change in availability from our original supplier of this item, we are still awaiting its arrival in our facility. We anticipate, at this time, that we will still be able to supply this book to you soon.
    Currently, there is no new due date.
    We are sorry for any problems that may be caused due to this delay. You will be notified by email once your item(s) ship from our shipping facility
    So when I can get my book for school. I email them 2 email to ask them when they have my book and ship it to me but they didn't reply a word.
    Never buy or rent anything from them, if you want to lose your money and your time.

• Ji
    JimCo Jan 26, 2011

I sent back a rental and paid for UPS 2nd day air because the web site gave me a return label sans shipping. The 15 day return policy or no refund meant I had to send the book back by 1/20/2011 or no refund. Guess what, UPS tracking shows they signed for the book on 01/18/2011, but it still shows "Waiting for return" on my account a week later. They wont answer any email or contact queries from me. I filed a BBB complaint, maybe my next step will file a complaint with MasterCard and the Federal Trade Commission. Now on I use Chegg.

• Da
    DavidGB Jan 20, 2011

I can second your complaint. I rented a book because the USPS lost the one I rented from BN and they didnt have anymore. So, I went with eCampus since they had 2 day delivery. I paid an extra $15 for 2day shipping and it took me 12 days to get the book. They used the Thanksgiving holiday as an excuse and refused to refund me the shipping costs. When it was time to return it, the eCampus site only gave me the option to print a packing slip and address label. So, I had to pay my own shipping. A couple weeks later, I receive a charge for the book that was verified delivered by tracking number. I called and the refunded me the majority of what they charged...for some reason they kept a couple dollars. I didnt care at that point and washed my hands of it until I received a charge of $109 today. Customer service states that it was because I didnt use their prepaid shipping label they had to charge me the full cost of the book. I tried to explain that the site didnt give me that option and she stated I shouldve called and gotten one, that it want their fault I didnt see it. They said that they will refund me since I had called about it earlier and that the refund will show up in 2-10 business days. This company is nothing more than a fraud and den of thieves...AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!