Easy Jetrip off costs for name changes

B

I changed a name whilst still in the process of booking a group flight to Barcelona, however it never registered on their website. So when we came to print off the e-tickets we realised that the name change hadn't gone through the system. So I call EasyJet which cost me 65p/min to make a phone call, then they told me it would be cheaper to do it on the web, cheaper?? what did that mean, well it turns out that it was gonna cost 22.50 each way, all because their stupid poor booking system hadn't uploaded the correct information.

• Wa
    WAGNER PIAZZA GAGLIANONE Aug 31, 2007

I have arrived in London from Budapest, and I found my baggage completely damaged. The locker was fully removed and for my surprise the bag was partially open... Some of my clothes were stolen and I found some of my other stuff also missing. I was very disappointed with EasyJet, not even for the damage and all the losses, but also for the charge of a so-called "speed-boarding", which is completely useless at the Budapest airport, despite being charged for that... Next time I will certainly look for a better way of traveling...

• Ta
    Taylor Gillespie Jul 20, 2008

I will never fly with this airline again.
    I tried to book our Christmas vacation as every year but now they put in extra charges for your baggage, sports, taxes, and many more.
    This is just not what this airline was all about to start with offering low cost, easy on-line bookings with no frills.
    I am afraid the days of easyjet are now numbered and we will be booking with other companies in the future.
    They should be renamed as NOT VERY EASY JET AS WE ADD ON LOTS OF EXTRA MONEY TO YOUR BOOKING.COM.
    This company was sold out at the right time by Stelios as it cannot supply what its name suggests -EASY.
    Try booking and you will see what I mean!

• Ro
    Robert Leslie Este Oct 23, 2008

I have been trying to get a refund for a duplicate fare from easy jet, they agreed back in February to pay the money, but after 9 months and about 4 emails a month still have not paid up. Would be grateful if someone could give me a head office phone number for them, as all I ever get is customer services, who either try and fob you off, or dont speak English, or the personal email for the company chairman. I think 9 months is a ridiculous time to wait for a refund.

• Tr
    Trigger Feb 08, 2009

My 83 year old mother, mrs. Muriel macrae, was in a wheelchair
    Waiting to board the 17.30 flight from amsterdam to liverpoolon the evening of 29th december. We dropped her off at the special assistance section and left thinking she was in safe hands.
    I was very shocked to hear from her at 18.00!

She borrowed a phone and called me to say that she saw the plane turn and taxi away without her! After frantic calls to schiphol we discovered that the pilot said he did not have time to board the 2 ladies in wheelchairs. The ground crew had an argument with him and he proceeded to off load the ladies luggage, leaving them stranded there for hours, they had to wait for the plane to fly to liverpool and back. I contacted t "easy" jet by email the same evening, and since then I have received nothing apart from their cut and pasted text and a statement that they would get back to me after they had heard from "them" who ever "them" may be. I am totally fed up now, all I asked for was an apology sent directly to my mother and an explanation of what happened.
    My mother travels by easyjet several times a year to visit me in the netherlands, she loves coming here! Unfortunately as a pensioner she has no option but to fly with them. She can only get to liverpool airport.
    Please can you help resolve this. The least they could do would be to give her a free flight, it would show some remorse and they would be perhaps 200 pounds out of pocket!

• Pa

Hangar 89, London Luton airport
    Luton, beds
    Lu2 9pf
    uk

me and my wife check in the flight to lyon from gatwick airport at 5.am on the 12/04/09 Easter sunday to 16/04/2017, we both have mauritian passport with indefinite leave to remain in the uk, At the check in desk i specifically ask the girl at the counter whether we were fine to travel to lyon on our passport, she made a phone call then went to see her manager with all our travel documents the came back after 5mins and advised us that as we have indefinite leave to remain in the uk and wrote it down on the visa violation forms she had and inputted no visa required to travel, we were fine to travel, i was very happy and i was looking forward to visit my sister who leaves near dijon that i have seen for many years and it would have been a family reunion as she has not met my wife yet, we boarded the flight on time and arrived at lyon in no time at all, going through immigration at lyon airport and the officer asked me if we had a shengen visa and i replied that we have indefinite leave in the uk and was told by easy jet that we dont need one . the immigration officer asked us to wait aside and that someone is coming down to see us, to my surprise 3 police officers came and escorted us to the nearest police station where the senior officer examined our passport and said that we do not have a visa to enter france and that we will be deported back to the uk on the next available flight, i was really shocked and my wife was in tears as that just ruined everything for us, money we saved, time off we took from work and not being able to see my sister.we were put in a detention center for 10 hours until 9.25pm on the next flight to gatwick, we were locked in the small cell and guarde, we felt like prisoners, imagine i paid money to easy jet and never expected to be treated like this, I am diabetic and could not take any tablets as we were without a drink of water for 10 hours, i was feeling so weak, and dizzy as my blood pressure rose, , my wife has taken photos and videos to where we were held, we boarded the easyjet flight 5006 at 9.25pm and thought our ordeal was over as when we got back to the uk, easyjet has managed to loss our luggage and have to wait for my car for a long time which i have paid BAA long stay plus for 5 days because it was an early returned, hope you look into this matter for me as i dont want anyone else to be in the situation that i have the misfortune to be in, we are both traumatised and for sure would not travel for a long time coming
    regards
    patrick

• Lo
    louise mcallan Apr 26, 2009

Following a flight with EasyJet on Fri 24th April to London Gatwick from Inverness, I have 2 issues to complain about:
    First: I was travelling with my 8yr old son and on boarding the plane we had to sit away from each other as there was not two seats together.
    I know you dont give out allocated seat numbers, but I feel that your Air Hostesses should have made sure or tried to enable that a young child is sat with one of there parents.
    Second: On the flight an Air Hostess dropped the safety briefing stuff out of the over head locker onto a ladys head. The Air Hostess did not ask how she was and said to her " that couldnt have been that sore" she showed no remorse or empathy and didnt even apologies.
    The Air Hostess involved went to do her safety talk and was laughing most of the way through this at the other staff at back of plane. How Unprofessional!!!
    On departing the aircraft at London, the lady involved got of the plane and as soon as she left the Air Hostess started talking about her and said that she was a bit of a drama queen!!
    We all like to moan about the general public but if she wanted to talk about the woman she should have waited until all the passengers had got of the plane.
    I would hope that this staff member involved will at least get spoken to about her manner and immaturity, she is a poor advert for your company, and gives your airline a bad name.
    Louise Mcallan

• Mo
    moira yeo Apr 15, 2013

6 travellers to greece to see friends, seats booked early. Unfortunately due to illness but not insured my son and his partner could not travel. So as not to lose everything we decided that we would go in their place, (His parents, same name, just a lot older)! Taking the same seats on the same aircraft on the same day. Everything is done on line, no human contact, all we had to do was to change the names of two of the passengers. We expected to pay an administration fee even though we were the administrators, this charge was £140. High but acceptable. Then comes the total immoral charge, the difference between the cost of the ticket previously booked and paid for and the cost now. Total payment from us £567 plus the original charges of seats. We will fly this time with easy jet but never again, I feel totally ripped off, they have no scruples and no morals, just big bank accounts no doubt and despite two emails no reply!!.

• Mi
    Michaellaa Jul 21, 2014

Flying to Alicante from London the Romanian passport was a good enough id requirement. Coming back from Alicante I was asked to provide another id to back up my passport by the BOARDING staff and not the passport control staff.
    Reason given : Romaians travel on fake ID and I need to provide more than my passport!!!
    After 7 years of EU we still discriminated, shame on you easy jet !