Menu

Dyson  -  Animal ball 2, corded vacuum

S
Author of the complaint
4:58 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have a Dyson animal ball 2, less than 2 years old, which has very light use but has lost all suction. A couple of weeks ago, I waited for an extended time to get through to customer service hoping to arrange a service to have it fixed. Eventually when I spoke to a customer service rep. she advised that she would need to get an engineer to call me back within 90 minutes. Approximately 4 hours later when I had left the house and was driving, an engineer called but as I did not have my vacuum to hand in the car, we were forced to terminate the call. Back at home this week, I decided to try to contact Dyson again. I contacted Dyson via WhatsApp at 18.25 on Friday 6th August. I received a standard automated reply asking for vacuum serial no. and my contact details to which I replied at 18.29. No response from Dyson until 9.45am Saturday 7th to clarify that I was at home with my vacuum to hand. I confirmed this was the case at 10.13am. No further contact from Dyson until 2.12pm (almost 4 hours later!). I replied to that message at 3.04pm. I received the same automated reply asking for the same info already supplied. (In 48 hours this same message has been received, 4 times while actual human contact has been very little and pointless!) Nothing from Dyson until 9.12 on Sunday 8th to ask AGAIN if my machine had low suction. I responded in the affirmative. Then I received no further contact from Dyson until 16.56pm (8 hours later!) saying they'd need me to do further checks before deciding if they need to send a part or take the vacuum in for servicing. I replied to that message at 17.32 asking what further checks they'd like me to undertake (as I've already worked through troubleshooting check list and advised Dyson of same) and when they planned to advise me of these steps as I'd started this WhatsApp conversation 48 hours ago. No response and as customer service closed at 6pm another sun is setting without moving this matter forward. Dyson customer service is proving to be a total farce!

More Dyson complaints & reviews