Having problems with Dulux Paints?

Dulux Paints Customer Service Contacts

+44 333 222 7171 (Customer Service)
The AkzoNobel Building, Wexham Road
Thu9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 12:30 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Dulux Paints Customer Service. Initial Dulux Paints complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Dulux Paints above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Dulux Paints. Discuss the issues you have had with Dulux Paints and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Dulux PaintsComplaint about product quantity

Hi

I am buying dulux paints from last 2 months for my new house paint work.. Today I was shocked to see.. When my painter was opening the pu white mat 4 liter packing.. And luckily I was standing their and watching... And it was shocking to see the quantiy in 4 liter pack.. Its was looking less than 3 liter... And even the hardener bottles having 165 mlt written on the bottles have half of the bottles filled... Very shocking... If a brand like dulux have this kind of quantity standards... Then I am sorry... There is something wrong with company ethics... I am attaching the photos of the 4 boxs opened in my presence.. And out of 4 box opened..3 boxs showed less quantity.. Less than 3 liters..

Regards
Vikas gaba
[protected]

May 20, 2020

Dulux Paints — Texture paint

Good morning On Sun May 17th, we decided to Texture paint some old rendering in our front yard. It had been...

Dulux Paintssilk emulsion - colour timeless

Hello there

We are writing to express our dissatisfaction with our purchase from B&Q of 5 litres of Dulux Silk Emulsion. Colour TIMELESS. We have used this exact paint before to paint our hall, stairs and landing with no problems. This time we decided to use the same paint extending into our dining room and study. We found when using the roller it splashed and splattered everywhere! All the stained timber skirting boards became speckled with small white dots. We can only think we were just unlucky on this occasion and the paint consistency just wasn't right. Please note we followed all the application details correctly.

We would welcome your comments and any help you can give?

Rob & Sally Gill
    10 Lancaster Close
    Stevenage
    SG1 4RX
    Email: rob.[protected]@ntlworld.com

• Ke
        kenneth skitt Oct 26, 2020

I have purchased a 2.5L tin of Dulux emulsion from b&q kidderminster. As the paint was dulux i thought i was buying the best product. The color is Timeless & it says on the tin that you may need two coats. I have now applied 3 & it has still not covered, I have tried both a roller & a brush to no avail. I fact the paint seems translucent. The color i am covering is sky blue. What is wrong with your paint as it seems that the quality has dropped. It has proved to be time consuming & i think you should reimburse me the full cost of paint, plus take account of my waisted time

Kenneth Skitt

Dulux Paintspaint - matt emulsion

I have recently used two if your paints. I applied them in August in adjacent rooms: kitchen and dining room. In both cases I have attempted to cove up marks by repainting in each case the mark has not been covered up and shows through. In addition there are what look like water marks at the junction between the ceiling and wall. Again I have painted over this and again the 'water marks' show through. I have always used Dulux before and never had this problem. I used goose down in the dining room and olive in the kitchen.

Nov 20, 2019

Dulux Paints — dulux light + space matt emulsion for ceiling and walls

I am Decorator of 50 years trading as Ace Decorators. I have used Dulux Light + Space matt emulsion for the...

Dulux Paints173 brighton road, jacobs, 4052

I bought in total 4 dulux weatherg mohawk valley 20L and 2 dulux roofacry grecian grey 20L from 173 brighton road, jacobs, this was on the 25 August 2018 and the walls have started flaking im furious because I spent so much on the painting process thinking dulux was the best quality. I would like someone to come and sort this out because if I wanted paint to only last me a year I would've bought cheap paint instead I went for something I thought was quality. Im highly disappointed. My contact number is [protected]- Thobile

Dulux Paintsweathershield

I was using dulux for many years, but this time I was totally unhappy about product.
          I applied the paint in my courtyard, but two day after there we6rain and the paint washed off. This is not acceptable. I am attaching the photos. Now I am stuck with painting. I am not sure to use CIC Dulux in other areas too.

Please help and advise.

My Mobil number [protected]

Dulux Paintsdulux cannon ball paint

I bought this paint in matt & eggshell for the wood work so not cheap! The sample square was a dark blue grey, which is just what I wanted. I started to paint one wall, I thought it looked a bit green but thought it would look better after a couple of coats. I waited until the next day and it is khaki, not at all the colour of the sample. I returned it to homebase in Basingstoke where I bought it but they said I had to contact you directly. I have hardly used any of the matt and none of the eggshell & had to buy more paint.

Joanne Zawadzki Nov 08, 2019

Hi, I am really sorry to hear of your colour issue. Can you please call the Advice Centre on [protected] or advise the best telephone number to contact you on. Many thanks

Dulux Paintsdulux walls & ceilings - warm pewter

We brought a 2.5 litre of the above paint, my husband is using it on walls in our lounge, but as he is cutting in the paint is leaving a marble effect & when he goes over it again the paint comes off the wall. We always thought that Dulux was the best paint on the market but we have since changed our minds
              Look forward to your response

Mandy & Barry
              [protected]@gmail.com
              [protected]

Dulux Paintsdulux once satinwood brilliant white

As a former ICI Paints employee (Slough offices) I have always been loyal to the Dulux brand of paint. I recently purchased Once Satinwood Brilliant White in 2.5L as I wanted a one-coat option to cover previously painted light coloured woodwork in my hall, stairwell and landing. However, the paint in the can didn't have the usual feel of Once paint used previously and was very liquid and not easy to apply. Coverage was certainly not one coat, but more importantly it has dried to a high gloss, not satinwood (please see the attached photo). My concern is that the wrong paint has been filled into the tin and this might then be true for the whole batch. I hope there are no problems at the new plant. I have now bought quick dry satinwood but need to repaint what I have done so far and hope this resolves the problem. Can I get a refund on this paint please, and advice on how to prepare this paintwork for covering with the new paint that I have had to buy. Regards,

Keith Webb, Slough

dulux once satinwood brilliant white

Dulux Paintsdulux chic shadow matt emulsion

Used 2 different 5litre tubs of this paint purchased from same shop within a week, mixed well both times, applied using same roller/brushes. Have left it 24 hours to dry and it's not even the same colour!! So I'm going to have to repaint the whole room, such a waste of time and money. I didn't expect this of a top brand paint, I'd like to know why this has happened please??

dulux chic shadow matt emulsion

Sep 27, 2019

Dulux Paints — poor paint quality

I purchased a can of Dulux Quick Dry water based paint and after two coats with the regulation 6hrs drying...

Sep 20, 2019

Dulux Paints — paint

Dear Dulux Customer Service, This is in reference to a recent experience in store for purchase of internal...

Sep 05, 2019

Dulux Diamond White Trade Matt White — complaint

I purchased 10 litres of diamond white Matt trade I am not very happy with the finish as it looks like...

Sep 03, 2019

Dulux Paints — your reference no 254393

Have used your high gloss Armstead paint for years and had no problems, its normally the best on the market I...

Sep 01, 2019

Dulux Paints — dulux soft sheen colour mixing

I purchased 2 x 5lrs of Dulux Colour Mixing paint from Homebase, Bigglswade UK 28/08/19. Colour Woodland...

Dulux PaintsDeluxe quick dry gloss high sheen in pure brilliant white

I bought a 2.5l can of quick dry high sheen gloss in pure brilliant white [protected]) about 3-4 weeks ago from Homebase (Rugby). I am decorating the upstairs landing and have sugar soaped & rinsed off all the doors and frames. Followed by undercoating with Dulux professional undercoat in pure brilliant white which was given a couple of days to dry. I started to paint with the gloss which was thoroughly stirred on Tuesday 21/8/19 and on those doors the paint was fine although of a watery consistency but when I continued on Wednesday 22/8/19 the paint which again was thoroughly stirred seems to be separating when it touches random parts of the woodwork, I have attached photos but the problems seems to be sporadic as it can be fine on one section of a door/frame but right next to that it will separate. The best way to describe it is like oil on water.

Aug 17, 2019

Dulux Paints — egyptian cotton paint

I purchased Dulux trade Egyptian Cotton paint at the Decorator centre in Leeds. The paint was mixed there and...

Dulux Paintsdulux mix in store paint

I purchased 3, ltr tins of the dulux paint you have mixed in store, i spoke at lengh to the homebase man about what i wanted and asked if the matt paint was wipeable and he assured me it was, i have painted my lounge with two different shades of grey cost was £46 per tin, its the worst paint i have ever used, you cant touch the walls at all as it leaves marks that are permanent you cant wipe it as it takes the paint off, my lounge looks awful, everything was prepped correctly as my partner is a painter by trade, im so upset with the amount of money this cost and i now have to re paint the entire room

dulux mix in store paint

Dulux Paintsdulux primer and undercoat

The primer / undercoat product was used on several interior doors and flirting boards / interior window frames etc. Despite being supposedly dry in two hours it was left to dry overnight. The next day the doors were painted and the undercoat / primer came away with the new paint. All the work from the previous day was ruined and all the doors and woodwork had to be stripped and started again. Obviously very unhappy with this product.