Dulux Paintscompany logo

Dulux Paints

Dulux Paints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1 156 complaints
21 resolved 135 unresolved

This account has been claimed by Dulux Paints customer service / representatives through our verification process.

Dulux Paints reviews & complaints

Dulux Paints representatives

Dulux Paints complaints 156

Dulux Paints - Spray cans epoxy enamel

I have purchased over the past month 8 cans of Dulux epoxy metalsheild spray cans, after use the cans are cleaned out as per your instructions, next use or should I say lack of next use they do not work ever again the nozzles are crap taken quite a few back to Bunnings for a refund now I just throw them away after little use waste of a can and they are expensive - I use fiddly bits spray cans that last to the end of the can, very disappointed with the product waste of money.
Ron Piccles
[protected]@gmail.com
[protected]

Desired outcome: refund monies

Dulux Paints - DC DLX Diamond paint

This Diamond Delux brand paint is said to be the best and its also advertised as having Primer built in - what a bunch of nonsense.
Paid premium money for this brand of paint and had to paint an already painted room 3 times, since it was just not covering anything. When I asked at the store, they said I had to purchase a primer as well. Why would I have to purchase primer separately, when this Diamond branch, which isn't cheap, I might add, already had primer in it. - Just doesn't make sense and I have to say, its false advertising.

Dulux Paints - Pure brilliant white Matt emulsion.

I've recently had my kitchen renovated and after the walls had been replastered I purchased a large tub of Dulux pure brilliant white paint, it was fine but the new plaster soaked up the paint very quickly and I needed to purchase more the contract to advise me. Once again I purchased the same pure brilliant white paint, that was used everywhere, only this one was not brilliant white at all it had a slight tinge of yellow but was very noticeable once it had dried. So because of this I had to purchase twice as much paint to rectify the problem and also pay my contractor extra money to do the job twice over. Paying the extra for a brand name like dulux is what we do knowing it's a safe choice, but on this occasion it wasn't and because of this, a simple job ended up being the very opposite, and costing me much more money than it should have been. What's fair about that.

Desired outcome: I think I should be refunded for the extra paint I had to purchase, and compensated somehow for the extra money I had to pay my contractor

Dulux Paints - Dulux pure brilliant white Matt paint

I i'm in the process of having my bathroom and kitchen renovated, after it was plastered I purchased the extra large tub of pure brilliant white matt paint. This was fine on the kitchen walls but with being newly plastered the paint quickly got soaked up and I needed more for coverage. I purchased the exact same paint, from a different supplier in 2x 10 L tins. The entire kitchen and small cupboard were repainted. After a couple of days in the kitchen the pure brilliant white paint still didn't look quite white. The contractor had not yet done the small cupboard under the stairs. There was a vast difference when we compared them properly as the newly painted kitchen was more yellow than white. So I retrieved the empty tins from the skip outside my garden. And yes I was right the first tin had dried remanence of white paint. The other tins that were used for the second coat had dried remanence of yellow paint. They were supposed to be the exact same paint. I had to pay out much more money to correct this problem. I had to purchase double the amount of paint and pay out more money for the extra coats my contractor had to apply to correct the problem. It really did cost me a small fortune to get something as simple as a white kitchen. In the photos I have done my best to show you parts of the kitchen that had been repainted to correct the problem and parts that had been painted with the paint that was more yellow in colour than pure brilliant white as it should have been. I have more photos should they be needed

Desired outcome: All I would like is reimbursing for the extra costs i occurred because of a mistake by dulux

Hi There, I'm sorry to hear this. If you would like like to get back to us regarding a specific issue then please do. You contact me on Tel [protected] or email [email protected], quoting reference number 1319937 HW. Thanks Hayley

Dulux Paints - Dulux Trade Quick Dry Wood Primer Undercoat

The tin states that his paint can be used as an undercoat for woodwork that has been previously painted with either solvent or water based paint and this is how I used it - as an undercoat for previously painted wood (with Dulux satinwood). The instructions on the tin do not state that sanding down is required and yet I did this thoroughly. I then wiped down the sanded woodwork with a damp cloth using a very mild solution of sugar soap to get rid of the dust and any grease, as per the instructions on the tin. I let the woodwork dry for a few hours and then painted one coat of the primer undercoat. After allowing the paint to dry overnight I then went to very lightly sand down the woodwork before the top Satinwood coat but the primer undercoat peeled off in many areas. It even came off when I changed to just using a just a cloth to wipe the paintwork. However in some places the primer undercoat did seem to stick better. And so I sanded and wiped off the primer undercoat off in the areas where it peeled off easily and carried on. I then applied a coat of Satinwood to all areas - both where the primer undercoat had stuck and where it had peeled off - and left it it to dry overnight. However this morning, when I began lightly sanding the first satinwood coat down, both coats of paint peeled off, even in places where previously I thought the primer undercoat had adhered relatively well.

In total this has taken me five days so far to prep and paint the two storeys of stairs. I took a week off work to get this painting done so that our new stair carpet could be laid in a couple of weeks' time. I am beyond displeased as those five days have been wasted and my bannisters are now covered in paint that needs stripping right back, all because of faulty paint.

The UK legislation relevant here is the Consumer Rights Act 2015 which states that a product has to be "fit for purpose" and of "satisfactory quality". Clearly paint that peels off is neither. The law states that I am due a repair, replacement or refund. Given the work that I have done, I require a repair - someone to come in and clear up the mess on my banisters due to the faulty paint.

Desired outcome: Dulux paint to arrange decorators to come in and strip back the bannisters to get rid of the faulty paint and then repaint with Satinwood.

Dulux Paints - Dulux weather shield

I painted my upvc door on Thursday dinner time all was well as it was a nice day Friday night it rain during the night Saturday morning I got up to marks on the door where the rain had been on it I'm not impressed as I paid £27 for this tin of paint and still got half left for my front door and now can't use it, I opted for this paint as I thought it was going to do a good job instead I have ended up with a back door that looks like a child's done it

Desired outcome: Money back

Dulux Paints - Butterfly White Silk Emulsion Paint

I have just bought 5 litres of Dulux Silk Emulsion in Butterfly white in order to paint the newly plastered walls of my conservatory; to say that I am not impressed would be an understatement.
The preparation work prior to painting was as follows:
Two walls plastered
Plaster dried over 8 days
Plaster sealed with white emulsion/water in 60/40 mix.
Walls allowed to dry for 3 days
Purchased Dulux Satin Emulsion in Butterfly White from local B&Q
Ran masking tape along skirtin boards and ceilings, window frames, door frames etc.
Applied one coat of Butterfly White, finish appeared to be patchy even on walls which were not subject to fresh plaster.
24 hrs later applied second coat, no apparent difference.
24hrs later applied a 3rd coat, finish is better but still areas where it appears patchy.
My observation of the paint is that it appears to be "thin" in that the colour component is not dense enough
Arrived at the stage where I am tempted to dump the remaining paint and try another brand!!!
I would appreciate your comment / advice on how I may rectify the situation.

Desired outcome: Advice on steps to rectify the situation

Dulux Paints - Dulux weather guard

On 27 April I purchased Dulux painting products for my house to be painted.

I hired contractors who stripped old paint from wall
Sandpaper was used
Filler was used to fill any cracks
Undercover was used
Thereafter started to paint with weather guard
Stone colour only 1 wall was painted.

Due to delays with contractor painting was not rushed.

To our amazement we noticed paint started to bubble and flake.

All work was stooped

Desired outcome: New stock needed

Dulux Paints - Dulux

I started painting a nice yellow colour vanilla sundae the paint would not stick to the wall I painted half the wall in grey that went on brilliant but the yellow will not stick so I have got to go over it in white and then wall paper it which I did not want to do but I have no choice I have painted for years never had this problem before bought from wilco, s at hucknall my address is mrs june davenport 22 highfield court hucknall nottingham ng157jy email address
[protected]@outlook.com

Desired outcome: return the paint at there expense

Hi June,

It’s Martin,   from AkzoNobel.  You recently filed a complaint via omplaintsboard.com I just wanted to follow up to see if you managed to get the information I need? If you have, I would love to hear from you and see what I can do to help.

If you have managed to resolve things or you need more time, please let me know.

If you have any queries in the meantime, please do reach out to me and I will be happy to help.

Dear Mrs Hucknall

I’m sorry to hear about the problem you’ve been having.

You have come to the right place for help and support with your decorating. We are committed to ensuring our products are delivering to the highest standard.

To help support and guide you through your query we need a little help from you first. If you still have the can available can I ask you to take a quick look and see if you can find the following details:

Barcode from the side of the can this usually starts with 5010, it's the part that the store normally scan
The name of the colour you are using or colour code
Batch number which may be on the top of the lid, the base of the can or on the barcode label. It’s quite tiny but it’s stamped in black
How many cans are you using?
Tell me what’s gone wrong and if anything looks unusual

Please contact me at [email protected] quoting reference number TAC1228181MG

Dulux Paints - My complaint is regarding a paint I bought called prefer grey

I moved into a new house 2 weeks ago and the whole house needed painting. I had a worker who was painting my house. I chose a colour called powder grey I checked the colour and on the tin it looked like a white with a greyish very light tint. I have this to the painter and decorator and asked him to paint my hall way, and front room with this colour which cost me £700 2 days later I returned to my property to see the works as I could not stay while painting was happening and I was so sad and shocked to see that my hallway and front room literally looks blue. I'm so upset and I don't have a penny extra to repaint over it and it is the main rooms of my home so it will be seen by everyone who walks in.

Desired outcome: To be compensated for the painter and decorator as I will need to paint it again.

HI There,

Here at Dulux, we take great pride in the quality of our products, so we were very sorry to hear of the problem you reported. We hope you will accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment caused.

Whilst every effort is taken to ensure consistent good colour matches between our literature, samples and products, you may on occasions experience a shade variation.

The way a colour is perceived and influenced by many factors such as lighting, elevation of a surface, other colours in the room and the shape, profile and absorbency of the surface painted. The application tool also influences a colour, a brush application tends to leave a much smoother profile than a roller application for example and this can affect colour perception to a degree.

Using a colour tester is always recommended, this allows you to see the colour in various different types of lighting and helps you to establish if the tone is suitable for that room. Please note you may find that not all colours will be suitable for every room.

A quick test can be carried out to establish how the lighting and influences in the room are affecting the colour perception. We recommend brushing out an opaque postcard sized sample of the paint onto a piece of plain white paper and take it to a window where you can see the colour in natural daylight and on a different surface. If the colour looks fine, then it is likely the lighting and furnishings in the room that are influencing the colour.

We’d be most grateful if you would call on [protected] and quote reference TAC1220401, we would like the opportunity to speak about the issue.

Dulux Paints - Incorrect colour mixed

Hi

I am utterly disappointed with Makro Springfield Park, Durban.
I requested Dulux weatherguard exterior paint, colour called California.

When I went home and painted it, it was a totally different shade.
Considering that I live in a complex and the labour cost incurred I was irate.

Makro replaced my paint and said that they could not do anything to assist me regarding labour cost and new brushes.

Dulux is a paint that as a family have used for generations and do not deserve poor service.

Why is there no quality control to ensure that the colour is what was requested.
The guys working in this section are over confident and more interested in making conversation rather than providing quality service

Regards
Noel Naidoo
Cell : [protected]

Makro Card No: [protected]

Desired outcome: Re-imbursement with a voucher for labour cost and material = R1650

Dulux Paints - Dulux trade diamond eggshell pure brilliant white

I am a painter and decorator, in early November 2020 I painted a hall, stairs & landing and a dining room for a customer, they contacted myself in April 2021 to say he was not happy with the woodwork as cracks had started to appear on doors and staircase.
On inspection found this to be the case and contacted Dulux Technical that day, Monday 26th April at 1.15pm and spoke with Val who informed me that they did not recommend using Diamond eggshell for Hall, stairs and Landings and were trying to get wood taken off the tin, I was sent a voucher for replacement paint satinwood quick dry, although my customer has specifially asked for eggshell. I am now going to have to complete again, without payment, due to Dulux stating incorrect information on the tin of the product. I don't believe I am wrong to ask for compensation for the time it will now take me to recomplete the work, through no fault of my own.

Desired outcome: Compensation for the time it will take to re-paint the hall, stairs and landing woodwork and protect all carpets and furniture

Dulux Paints - Delux dealer kongu traders paint cost is so high compare to another shop is so high

Kongu traders mayiladuthurai delux dealer the paint was very high amount compate from another dealer I loss a money from kongu trader please action the shop an refunfld my money I los the money please action

Desired outcome: Yes

Dulux Paints - 4 months and still disgustingly smelly paint

07/01/2021 London DIY Centre 603-605 Lea Bridge Road - Leyton, London E10 6AJ · ~5.4 mi [protected] I bought a matt based 2 5lt tin of paint where Tuscan Glade 2 provided by DULUX was added...

Dulux Paints - Dulux Easy Care mixed paint

I purchased night jewel 6 which I and my friends use all the time and it has dried a light purple and it was painted on top of white?? Just looking for advice as to how can i get a replacement?? As i am certainly not happy with a purple wall, I have never experienced an issue with Dulux paint and i use it all the time
Id appreciate a fast response with how this can be resolved??
Miss Pauline Gourlay
54 School Drive
Glenrothes
Ky6 2dw
[protected]@hotmail.co.uk

Hi Pauline,

A quick test can be carried out to establish how the lighting and influences in the room are affecting the colour perception. We recommend brushing out an opaque postcard sized sample of the paint onto a piece of plain white paper and take it to a window where you can see the colour in natural daylight and on a different surface. If the colour looks fine then it is likely the lighting and furnishings in the room that are influencing the colour.

please can I ask if you can contact me on [email protected] or telephone [protected], the case ref is TAC1044381bal, we would like the opportunity to discuss the issue further with yourself.

Kind regards, Bal

Dulux Paints - Once satinwood paint

I have repainted my whole living/dining/kitchen with Dulux paints with no trouble until I attempted the skirtings etc with Once Satinwood. This paint is far too runny for the job and one coat is not sufficient. It is a premium priced product and is not worth the money. I have had trouble with runs and when I reached above my head to paint the woodwork above the door the paint ran down the brush and onto my hand.

This paint has caused me so much frustration I have just given up. Please refund the cost of this paint, receipt attached. I think you should also withdraw it from sale as it is not worthy of your name.

Desired outcome: Refund

Dulux Paints - Easycare kitchen washable paint

I've put on 3 coats of washable easycare dulux kitchen paint. First wipe with soft wet cloth to vlean off a dirty mark and the paint has come off and I can see previous colour!
Thank God it's only a small bit and I have some spare in the cupboard. But why has it come off? I bought this as recommended by staff as washable.
Please reply

Email: [protected]@hotmail.co.uk

Hi Cathy,

I am sorry to hear that you had an issue with our product, please can I ask if you can contact me on [email protected] or telephone [protected], the case ref is TAC999123 bal, we would like the opportunity to discuss the issue further with yourself.

Kind regards Bal Dulux UK

Dulux Paints - Complaint about product quantity

Hi

I am buying dulux paints from last 2 months for my new house paint work.. Today I was shocked to see.. When my painter was opening the pu white mat 4 liter packing.. And luckily I was standing their and watching... And it was shocking to see the quantiy in 4 liter pack.. Its was looking less than 3 liter... And even the hardener bottles having 165 mlt written on the bottles have half of the bottles filled... Very shocking... If a brand like dulux have this kind of quantity standards... Then I am sorry... There is something wrong with company ethics... I am attaching the photos of the 4 boxs opened in my presence.. And out of 4 box opened..3 boxs showed less quantity.. Less than 3 liters..

Regards
Vikas gaba
[protected]

Hi there, please contact Dulux India https://www.dulux.in/en/contact-us?brand=Dulux they will be happy to investigate the issue further for you .

Kind regards, Bal Dulux UK

Dulux Paints - Texture paint

Good morning On Sun May 17th, we decided to Texture paint some old rendering in our front yard. It had been patched months ago so was thoroughly dry.We painted 1 coat of Dulux primer then 2 coat...

Dulux Paints - silk emulsion - colour timeless

Hello there

We are writing to express our dissatisfaction with our purchase from B&Q of 5 litres of Dulux Silk Emulsion. Colour TIMELESS. We have used this exact paint before to paint our hall, stairs and landing with no problems. This time we decided to use the same paint extending into our dining room and study. We found when using the roller it splashed and splattered everywhere! All the stained timber skirting boards became speckled with small white dots. We can only think we were just unlucky on this occasion and the paint consistency just wasn't right. Please note we followed all the application details correctly.

We would welcome your comments and any help you can give?

Rob & Sally Gill
10 Lancaster Close
Stevenage
SG1 4RX
Email: rob.[protected]@ntlworld.com

I have purchased a 2.5L tin of Dulux emulsion from b&q kidderminster. As the paint was dulux i thought i was buying the best product. The color is Timeless & it says on the tin that you may need two coats. I have now applied 3 & it has still not covered, I have tried both a roller & a brush to no avail. I fact the paint seems translucent. The color i am covering is sky blue. What is wrong with your paint as it seems that the quality has dropped. It has proved to be time consuming & i think you should reimburse me the full cost of paint, plus take account of my waisted time

Kenneth Skitt