Duke Energypoor service and frequent outages

Duke Energy can't seem to keep the power on here in Anderson Township/Cincinnati, Ohio. It doesn't even have to be storming, and the power will just go out here along Woodruff Road and in the surrounding neighborhoods in Zip code 45255. Their service is abysmal. I've tried calling customer service on several different occasions and you can never get through to a live person. It's very frustrating because you never know what caused the outage or how long it will be out. Normally, it takes over 3 hours for them just to get it back on. It can be a perfectly sunny day with no wind and the power will go out for hours. I think we are on a bad grid because of how often the power goes out and they never seem to have a reason for it. I've talked to some friends who live in other parts of Cincinnati, and their power rarely goes out.

• Da
    Davidrinwithamsville Jun 28, 2015

This message is quite accurate. I live in Withamsville, Ohio, just over the Clermont County line and have Duke Energy as our provider. My power goes out quite frequently as well here. I haven't counted how many times, but I know it's been several in the last couple of months. It screws up everything on my clocks, computers, and cable television boxes. I always call to report the outage, but they never say what caused it or how long it will actually be out. The service is very unreliable and will go out at random. It seems like it has gotten worse in the last couple of years. That tells me that they need to start trimming trees better along the lines, and upgrading their old equipment. The weather doesn't even have to be bad for an outage to occur. Complaining to them does no good because they don't care. I will report them to the PUCO and BBB, then maybe something will change.

• Ci
    cincyguy47 Jun 25, 2015

I agree with this post. I live over on Nordyke Road in Anderson Township as well and the power always goes out here to. I'm getting really tired of their outages. It seems like it's every other week now. Maybe I should start paying my bill accordingly and give myself discounts for the unreliable service I receive.

Anita.N May 18, 2012

Just wanted to get a feel of this forum .I had trouble signing up to enter here, this is just a test run for now. Just like you I am one angry Duke Energy customer.I will be posting in the near future.