Dollywoodinjured on amusement park ride

S

incident- 7.4.18

The first ride we went on was the Mountain Slidewinder. I was in the font of the ride with two friends behind. This is a long water ride that doesn't have a belt or someway to stay in the ride, you have to hold on.

At some point in the ride I lost my handling on the ride and the side of my face and head hit the side of the ride. I don't remember what happened but my friends say I was like a rag doll and they had to pull me into the ride and hold on to me. I don't have memory of this. I have memory of being afraid and feeling unsafe in the ride because I couldn't seem to hold on tight enough. I remember the ride ending and realizing I had lost my new sunglasses.

My friends were in disbelief at how much my face has swelled.

The person helping people out of the ride saw me and asked if I was okay.

A friend of mine ran to get ice.

I was embarrassed and didn't want my friends to miss out so I refused to go to the medical tent.

I have attached photos. One is of right after I got off the ride, one is from the next day, and then some following days later.

At this point I no longer have bruising however, my cheek bone is still swollen and my face isn't symmetrical. That eye waters more than the other, I believe due to the swelling. I also feel an aching sensation behind that eye.

I was going to just let this go, but now I'm concerned that there are more serious issues than a black eye.

I missed two days of work because of the accident and suffered from a concussion.

Dollywood did reimburse our tickets, but honestly I'm afraid to return.

I am concerned that a small child could get seriously injured on this ride.

I am 5'8 135 pounds and athletic and was struggling to remain on the ride.

Thank you for your time.

• Th
    Thomas Dodd Jan 13, 2019

Odd, my now 14 yr old daughter had no trouble any time she road, stating when she was 10.