Disneylandunkind to pregnant women

C Sep 13, 2018 Review updated:

I just wanted to give some feedback on my most recent visit to Disneyland. My daughter, her 2 year old daughter, and I visited Disneyland/California Adventure on September 3, and 4th of 2018. My daughter is 7 months pregnant, and wanted to take her daughter to Disneyland before her baby is born in November. Her daughter loves Mini Mouse, Micky Mouse, all the characters, as well as all of the princess. We were so excited to take her to this magical place.

We had a good time, but there were a few things that really bothered me. Usually, I walk away from Disneyland, believing and thinking it is the happiest place on earth. This time I walked away feeling like my daughter was treated less then hospitably. I was shocked and surprised as people with disabilities were treated so well, but a 7 month pregnant woman was not.

Let me explain...The first day we rode rides, visited characters/princesses, and watched a parade. As we were settling in to watch a parade, my daughter was asked numerous times to stand. We were behind the rope, not bothering anyone, but were not on the curb. It was explained to us that any one not on the curb would have to stand. Not once, not twice, but many times was she asked to stand. It was very apparent that she was at least 7 months pregnant and uncomfortable, but the Disney staff did not seem to care. They did look for solutions to the problem, just insisted she stand.

The second day, we were visiting the princesses in their castle, and afterwards came upon a show in progress. We saw a bench in the back, and went to sit down. We were informed that we could not sit and would have to stand in the back to watch. When I asked why, we were informed that the people in the room had been counted. It would have made no difference, and made no disturbance for us to sit on the open bench in the back. Again, no concession for a very pregnant woman.

This seemed to be the theme for our days spent at Disneyland. Again, we love Disneyland, but were disturbed by the lack of compassion Disney employees had on VERY pregnant women. It seemed that every person on a ziggy (motorized cart) were given concessions, but my daughter was not.

On our way out of the park, we were asked to participate in a survey. I asked them if they really wanted me to participate since I had had a bad day, and she said no. I thought, that was very interesting.

I love Disneyland, but sure wish they would treat these pregnant moms a little more kindness, compassion, and like their disabled guests.

• Ph
    Philly2019 Sep 13, 2018

There are rules for a reason. Mainly the safety of everyone in the park. Your daughter is not a special case. If she can't follow the rules, she shouldn't be there.

• Az
    Azalea542 Oct 23, 2018

@Philly2019 Philly2019, you are very rude.