FILE A COMPLAINT

Disney Movie Clubcan't cancel the membership

K Review updated:

Click on the link to see the full complaint

Sallie Jameson Oct 06, 2008

All i want to do is cancel my membership!!!

• Zx
    zx Oct 06, 2008

I found out that you have to pay for about two years of membership before you can cancel. And they also bumped me up to some platinum or gold membership which was over $100 per month. we were getting 5 new movies every week!!!

I had to pay a lawyer about $5000 to get out of the membership plus pay over $2000 to ship the crates of movies back...

Jane Oct 29, 2008

Add me to the list of people who want to cancel but can't. I've met all my 0bligations, written them three times to cancel, but they don't resp0nd and keep sending stuff.

I feel like I'm swimming up hill against warm jello. And by the way, overall I could have got the DVDs more cheaply just about anywhere, without the hassle.

• La
    Lacey Jan 21, 2009

I have been trying to cancel for almost a year now... there is NO customer phone number except an automated response line for the monthly featured film. The website intentionally (in my opinion) has no information on how to cancel an account. I fulfilled my obligation a year ago and am still recieving and sending back movies, and there is no way to remove credit card information.

• Je
    JENNA Jan 31, 2009

I am also trying to cancel membership with them and I agree with you Lacey - I think they intentionally do not include a "cancel my membership" link anywhere on their website (and believe me I have looked!). I have called and can never speak to a live person, I have emailed, no response. My next call will be to my local news station's "consumer complaint" hotline, and then to the Better Business Bureau. I didn't expect this from a company like "Disney". That's why I chose to join DMC because it was Disney, whom I assumed I could trust. Guess not! DO NOT JOIN THE DMC UNLESS YOU PLAN TO REMAIN A MEMBER FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!

• Am
    Amm Feb 18, 2009

It's not that hard... I just called and canceled mine. It took less than 5 minutes. If you know your account number you can call 1-800-362-4587, or if you don't know your account number you can call 920-521-4015.

• 18
    1808864 Mar 04, 2009

If you read the terms & conditions, it would tell you they have Feature titles out every 4 weeks that you need to respond to in order for it not to ship, and if you don't they automatically ship & and you check a box that authorized them to charge your card. They have their number listed on your catalogs & website. You have to call them to cancel your account, only if you fulfilled you commitment

• 18
    1808864 Mar 04, 2009

I don't see how you people can make something so simple so complicated.

• Po
    P.Oed in Alberta Mar 06, 2009

CONTACT BBB AND MAKE AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT, I DID! As far as I'm concerned poor old Walt would be rolling in his grave if he knew how his company is ripping people off! My family and I (a total of 16 people) were going to go to Disney World last Christmas for 10 days. After the hassle I have had trying to cancel my subscription(yes, I did fulfill my obligations) we decided to go to a different location for our holiday. Why should we put MORE of our money into their company in any fashion? Can we start a boycott against this company?

• Di
    diane Mar 29, 2009

on the disney web site i checked my bank statement i did not order movies our open a account with them i was charged 300.00 dollars
    here
    is a number u can call.1-800-362-4587

• Me
    mellynpar Apr 23, 2009

Thank you Amm for providing the non-800 number. For those cancelling, they try to sell you more. I was also told I could receive up to 3 more mailings until this went into effect. Supposedly I don't have to respond to those, we will see...

Jan E. Mason Apr 24, 2009

Please cancel my membership to the Disney Movie Club. I am on Social Security and just can't afford to buy anymore. My great-grandson in Texas has however ejoyed those he received tremendously. I believe that I have fulfilled my agreement with you, but if you show a difference, please contact me by email:[email protected] Thank you Jan Mason

My membership code is 3404596

• Be
    Bejm2018 Nov 20, 2018

@Jan E. Mason You need to call the number to cancel 18003624587 best of luck

Jan E. Mason Apr 24, 2009

I don't have a complaint. I "have" to cancel my membership due to finances and cannot find where to request this action. Please do not deduct any more money from my checking account. Membership No is 3404596. thanks Jan Masonab249

• Be
    Bejm2018 Nov 20, 2018

@Jan E. Mason Call 18003624587 8am-8pm central time

Jan E. Mason Apr 24, 2009

Guess this could go on forever! What's the deal?

• Cm
    cmeg Apr 24, 2009

"poor old Walt "-- LOL do a ###ing internet search on Walt Disney- he was much more ###ed up and crooked than the people running disney now

• Ak
    akaMEGO Apr 25, 2009

GEEZALOO! I just spent over an hour combing through every FAQ. There is no link on the website. I called the 800 number with no luck because it's Saturday. I'll call back Monday and they aren't going to know what hit them!

• Di
    Disney_sucks May 06, 2009

This is such an awful company... which is really weird since it's Disney! They try to pretend they are all about making people happy. Don't go anywhere near them if you can help it, not worth it at all.

For those of you who say that "we are making something simple complicated, " There is absolutely no contact info on their website and no way to cancel the membership.

This company seems illegal to me, a consumer, but i'm sure somehow they barely crossed the fine line into legality.

• Su
    Suzann May 06, 2009

For two months Disney has charged my account even though I declined the featured selection well before the deadline then had the gaul to keep the cost of shipping.

There is no contact info on their website and the whole deal is stinking of fraud! I can't wait till I complete the deal and get rid of them.

Do not join this crooked company!

• Sh
    shygal66 Jul 12, 2009

I fullfilled my agreement four months...yes 4 months ago and they will not cancel me.
    I have called them several times a week for 4 months and canceled yet again...funny how I only signed up once and have caneled now...hummm I have lost count.
    I have turned in my phone records with the BBB, see I also told them that I was recording our conversations for quality and training purposes..and am seeking legal advice on how to stop dmc from continuing these fraudulant practices.
    Good luck wiht all of your troubles with dmc.

this display name is taken Aug 17, 2009

the 800 number AMM provided is definately the one to call! and too Lacey... PUSH ZERO! if you will be patient enough to listen to all prompts, at the very end it instructs you to push zero if you want to speak to a cast member.

• Ni
    NickAnjali Sep 12, 2009

I AM under 18 and i ordered the damn movies. I want to cancel but i don't know how to. My email is [email protected] Please email me and help me.

• Up
    upsetjazmin Sep 21, 2009

i called the 800 number provided by Amm and had to go around the automated system for about 5 mins before getting a live person. once i did get thru she tried to sell me a "dissapearing feature" which i was willing to buy at the advertised sale price of 14.95 but of course i was told i didnt qualify and would need to pay the original price of 21.95. she didnt even try to work with me to keep me as a customer. for a disney company, i have to say i am appalled at the lack of quality customer service. i have had numerous problems with this company as far as the monthly items they send. after i cancelled i advised them that i had one dvd i wanted to return and was told that if i tried to return it, my account would be reopened and i would continue as a member. i guess ill have to eat the forty bucks they charged me for it bc it is just a big hassle.

DO NOT JOIN THIS MEMBERSHIP- you would think disney would be trustworthy but nope just another scam.

• Je
    Jerel conley Dec 01, 2009

For the Disney Movie clube call 888-257-9100 you will talk to a person.

• Ps
    psych0 Dec 06, 2009

i have the same problem. i couldn't log in or get a person on the phone.

my membership number is 3968641
    i wish to cancel it. thank you.

The siren Dec 19, 2009

i am having the same problem with getting out. i bought the high end expencive movies like they told me to and i am only on 2 movies this is crap.

DMC Member Advoce Dec 21, 2009

I'm sorry you are having an issue with the Disney Movie Club, we definitely want to assist you in any way we can. Please call 1-800-459-7002. For fastest service please have your member number when you call. Your membership number can be found in the upper right hand corner of your Featured Title card in the membership information box or if you recently received an order, your membership number can be found at the top of the enclosed invoice. If you do not have your member number, please call 1-920-521-4015.

Also, the Disney Movie Club website is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at www.disneymovieclub.com where you can send emails to our customer service cast members, place an order, or learn more about the club.

Disney Movie Club Member Advocate

• Cm
    cmannering Dec 22, 2009

I have attempted 5 times now to cancel the club. For financial reasons. I fulfilled the membership in August and am still receiving movies even though I requested to get out of the club. Twice now my account has been over drawn and I have had to pay insufficient fund fees. Disney Movie Club is entirely unprofessional and should be ashamed of themselves. I will never join again nor will I speak kindly of the program to anyone I know.

• Kc
    KCTX Jan 12, 2010

WOW... what a scam... thank you for all of your comments above. It helped me get to a live person faster. I never signed up, never got movies, yet did receive a bill via the mail! Ran in circles to get to someone live and when I did, she told me there was a visa (which was not mine) AND an email address (which was not mine) used. Seemed to question me (many times) if I did, indeed, get the movies and maybe I DID order them and just forgot! I am still on the phone with them after 15 mins. She has been very nice thus far, but just no help. I told them I wanted written verification that I am removed from this list. She said they would send it... I am truly shocked that Disney is a part of this. VERY disappointing. If they ARE legit, then MUCH better job is needed in their communications, written notices, phone numbers, accessibility, and protocol.

• Ms
    msbussard Feb 18, 2010

if you call the 1-800 number and keep going through menus you will eventually get a person. i chose the billing option and pushed 0 until the menu sent me to a "cast member".

mamamema Apr 30, 2010

this company is a bunch of shady thieves. 2x in 3m they have supposedly removed my card info when unauthorized orders have been shipped - unbeknownst to me (I find out when embarassed at the grocery store when my debit card is declined). All I get is "we're sorry..." I am ready to go find this customer service center and let them feed my kid since our groceries are yet again non-existent because of DMC. I finally got somewhere by calling the Walt Disney Corp. in California (818-560-1000). It's their corporate name on this movie club, so they don't want to look like crap.

DMC Member Advoce May 03, 2010

I can assist you please call me directly 800-459-7002. Thank you!

• I0
    I'mdone May 05, 2010

I have been charged for the past 2 months now for features that I have declined. I spoke with a rep at the customer care center but he informed me that it was my fault for using the card that I did and that the $70 in overdraft fees that has occurred is non refundable. I'm not clear how it is my fault when I held up my end by going online & declining the featured selections before the due dates. My card should have never been charged in the first place, so now I'm out $140 until I return the features that were sent to me. I have 3 kids to feed & I have lost my job & $140 will buy quite a bit of groceries. Can anyone please help!?!

• I0
    I'mdone May 05, 2010

Call 1-800-459-7002 & you will get the help. I called as soon as I made the last post & within hours she had called to help me.

• Jc
    jchapm17 May 06, 2010

I've noticed on my bank statement for the last two months I've been charged $39 for the Disney Movie Club, which I don't think I ever signed up for. I haven't recieved anything, I don't have a member ID number, and I can't find any kind of account in my name online. Can I remove the account based on my credit information?

• Ra
    Ray T Jun 11, 2010

Made an order and as soon as I finished, didn't want the movies.got billed and now have movies I ordered.Canceled the order a few seconds after making it.will tell every one I meet how this company operates.hope to cost you a lot of business!!!Disney movie club got me so I can let you know how they can't get you!am sending movies back and will never buy or support Disney in any way other then to tell my story over and over.If I keep one person from joining this club I'll be very happy.

• Pa
    pacharin Jun 13, 2010

I am customer number 4502599, So I got a problem with my account on Disney Movie club because I did not agree with order number 56224470 but they charge my money in my credit card for 40$.I need you check for me and Let's me know how can I refund my money back and I want to cancel a membership, too
    Thanks

DMC Member Advoce Jun 15, 2010

Pacharin,
    Thank you for speaking with me yesterday to have this resolved. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call me directly at 800-459-7002.

DMC Member Advoce Jun 23, 2010

I sincerely regret the experience you had with the Disney Movie Club. I can certainly assist you with this.
    Please call me directly at 800-459-7002.

mandi 82 Jul 01, 2010

the same thing happen to me, i called to decline a movie and the system ordered it, , , i emailed them and called also. they were not there, , so i tried back and spoke to someone they told me they could not do anything about stopping it, but that i could return it, , the next day i got a email telling me my movie had been shipped., now 2 weeks after sending it back i still dont have my money back on my card...

• Jc
    JCarr Aug 11, 2010

The Disney Movie Club website does not list any way of contacting customer service. Nor do they list any way to cancel. Once I started to search other sources for the steps to cancel, it was simple and without hassle. But I have issue with a company that doesn't want to tell its customers how to contact them.

I have also had issues with receiving movies that I declined. However, because it didn't matter if I declined or not (they sent them anyway), I was able to fulfill my membership obligations in record time.

DMC Member Advoce Aug 11, 2010

I regret you had difficulty finding our phone number on our Disney Movie Club site but I am relieved you have your situation resolved!

If anyone else is looking for this information, please check the Help/FAQ section. Just type in your question and everything you need should be there. If not, please let me know.

• Bi
    BigJason Aug 12, 2010

The Disney Movie Club (DMC) is committing a serious scam!!!
    They intentionally lure you to join their membership for FREE, and get the first 4 movies at discount. But what they hide from you is that you have to buy their other movies at REGULAR price (over priced, of course) before you can get rid if it.
    This is a generous business idea to reach into people’s wallets!!! I can not believe that Disney, with its reputation, would base its revenue on such a lame business.
    Technically, yeah, DMC is doing nothing wrong. It makes up its own rules, and reach out for you. All you need to do is to fall into their trap. However, as many people have been complaining, this is a serious scam that can catch people out of their guard. Who would think that Disney would set up a trap like this?
    I have cancelled the credit card I used to join the club. DMC didn’t spell out that they would store my credit card information. If everything about the membership itself stays on the edge of a crime, this definitely falls to the other side. All merchandise would ask for your permission to store your credit card information explicitly. But DMC does NOT!
    Well, I think they have great lawyers so they can spell anything legal.
    Anyway, this is the DMC. Shame On You!!!

• Bi
    BigJason Aug 12, 2010

The Disney Movie Club (DMC) is committing a serious scam!!!
    Well, I think they have great lawyers so they can spell anything legal.
    Anyway, this is the DMC. Shame On You!!!

BigJason,
    I would like the opportunity to assist you with the Disney Movie Club. Please contact me directly at 800-459-7002 so I can help you resolve your concerns.

BigJason,
    We would like to help you with your concerns. Please call me directly at 800-459-7002 for assistance with the Disney Movie Club. I look forward to your call.

BigJason,
    I would like to help you with your Disney Movie Club account. Please contact me directly at 800-459-7002 for assistance. Thank you,

• Li
    LittleJason Aug 19, 2010

BigJason...When you first signed up, you should have read the terms & conditions. It tells you very clearly that they keep your payment info on file. It also tells you that they have Feature titles out every 4 weeks that you need to respond to in order for it not to ship(then you can ask for a different selection, which I did every time on their website), and if you don't they automatically ship & and automatically charge your card(which you authorized by signing the agreement). You don't need a lawyer to figure that out, because it's in black & white.

They have their phone number listed on your catalogs & website. You could have called them to cancel your account, but ONLY if you fulfilled you commitment. You didn't have to close out your credit card in order to get them to stop billing you. Just fufill your commitment and you can cancel. You signed the contract. Next time you sign up for something, read everything! Even Judge Judy would say you should have read the contract before signing up so it's not DMC's fault.

After I fufilled my commitment, I called DMC to cancel my account. I talked to a live person and told them I didn't have my member number. She said "no problem" and cancelled my account without any problems. Because of this, I may even come back and rejoin one day.

By the way, I have swampland in Florida I would like to sell you. Just sign some papers without reading it. :-P

Directly copied from the DMC Membership Agreement as stated on the website:
    THE FEATURED TITLE SELECTION
    About every 4 weeks (up to 13 times a year) we'll notify you about a Featured Title and other movies. Plus, you may receive up to 2 more seasonal Featured Title mailings. That's up to 15 buying opportunities a year! If you want the Featured Title, do nothing - it will be sent to you automatically and your account will be billed. If you wish to decline the Featured Title selection, let us know by visiting our website, calling the automated phone system, or by mailing back the response card.

• Ze
    zebraz103 Oct 10, 2010

All you people who join the club and say "It's a scam! I didn't know!": You have to explicitly agree to the rules and terms of the membership before you can purchase the first set of discounted DVDs. The very FIRST paragraph of that agreement states:

"As a Disney Movie Club member, all you need to do is buy 5 movies at regular Club prices in the next 24 months (starting at $19.95 per DVD), plus shipping and processing of $3.95 for the first title in each order, and $1.49 for each additional title in that same order. You may cancel your membership at any time after purchasing the 5 movies."

If you are too dumb to read the find print then I'm sure you believe it's a scam. A "scam" indicates something dishonest. If you click "I have read and agree to the terms of the agreement" without actually reading them, then YOU are the dishonest one, and shame on you for trying to blame Disney for your stupidity.

• Li
    LilXDShOrTy Nov 24, 2010

Cancel mines to please im only 15 :(
    membership#---4618751

• Ti
    ticked_off_consumer Nov 29, 2010

I have to say, there seem to be alot of people on here with the same complaint - VERY EASY to set up my account and give them my credit card number - I am changing cards, and wished to delete the card on file - they WON'T let you do that until they have another way to charge you AUTOMATICALLY - what happens when you forget to respond? They send you the movie, you can't cancel the order once it is placed THEN they charge you to take it back. The 800# to cancel is bogus - it's a recorded message that tells you to visit them on the web. Nice circle goose chase - they give you an address to mail your letter of cancellation to - HA! Bet that takes as long as them sending you your password when you forget it - definite SCAM!!! Let's see how long the advocate takes to call me back - this world is going to the dogs so much that the District Attorney's office, the Consumer Protection Agency AND the Better Business Bureau all know me by my first name!!!

ANGELMOM080808 Nov 30, 2010

Honestly, from what it sounds like is a bunch of people having a small problem and not taking the correct action. I have been a member for well over 2 years and have had no issues! I was able to easily find a phone number for them and when contacting them, I was able to easily connect to a cast member.

Honestly, stop whining and get used to the fact that not everything in life is the way you picture it to be! People can make mistakes. If you tried cancelling your order, the cast member could have put it in the system but if the system didn't take it or the cast member didn't put it in correctly (as I said, mistakes can be made)...call again! Its not like you are not given several emails before being charged! And if anyone tries to tell me they don't make mistakes, don't bother replying.

This is not a scam or a fraudlent company...when you accepted your movies for $1.99 which is WELL below the market value you were given info in writing as to how many movies to purchase and how to cancel as well as a grace period to cancel if you change your mind.

STOP WHINING!!

DMC Member Advoce Dec 02, 2010

LilXDShOrTy
    I have cancelled your membership and sent you an email. Thank you!

DMC Member Advoce Dec 02, 2010

ticked_off_consumer
    I can help you, please call me directly at 800-459-7002. I regret any frustration you are experiencing but we can certainly fix this for you. Please call and allow me to assist you.

• Ap
    AP1991 Dec 03, 2010

Okay I wouldn't be so angry if I hadn't had my bank overdrafted $267. I have fulfilled my agreement and contacted them numerous times. Each time I call any of their hotlines I get only automated stuff. I have NEVER been directed to a cast member and all the email responses have told me to call the same 800 number. It's total bull. I'm a college student. I don't have the time or money for this shennanigans.

DMC Member Advoce Dec 03, 2010

AP1991
    Please give me a call directly so I can assist you with your Disney Movie Club Membership. I can address any concern you may have! My direct number is 800-459-7002

• Ps
    pssedatdisney Dec 10, 2010

I did not order this its on my credit card. Every number there is you can not contact them.

• Jm
    JMomof3 Dec 11, 2010

I filled out a membership for 5 dvd's for one dollar no membership fee and free shipping and they charged my credit card for 3 for 1.99 that I didn't pick out plus a membership fee. When I called they told me it was a mix up with memberships and then talked me as if I was some idiot. They also charged for the one dollar. They then canceled the wrong membership and are mailing the 3 movies I didn't want and said they can't do anything till I mail those back in. I am not really worried about a whole 7 dollars but this is insane. I did want the 5 movies and was fully ready to accept the contract of purchasing 4 more over next 2 years, but now not so sure after reading all the complaints throughout different internet search sites.

DMC Member Advoce Dec 15, 2010

JMomof3
    Please call me directly at 800-459-7002, I can help you straighten this out.

• Is
    isp.cisco Dec 23, 2010

This is really insane... they charged 2 times and i had to buy 2 sets of DVDs. when i called to cancel membership . I got answer " either you have to pay 70$ or i have to purchase 3 more title which cost me 120$ or more... 2 times costlier than what available in market. " People are stupid..do think ..." you sell movie 2 time price then and force to purchase them... Seek for help ...

DMC Member Advoce Dec 26, 2010

I can assist you and explain your Disney Movie Club Membership. Please give me a call directly at 800-459-7002
    Memer Advocate

• De
    devushka1 Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I am wondering if the DMC Rep can cancel my membership also since my agreement has been fulfilled and I haven't been able to get through to a live person via the number listed on the site?
    Membership# 3272361
    I can't see why there are so many complaints when the agreement information is as plain as day on the site and on the mailings. I would keep my account open for my son but he has decided that Disney is no longer "cool", lol. I actually enjoyed being a member and the perks of the first few cheap movies to purchase 4 more in 2 years time. In all reality, you aren't paying that much more than if you would purchase them in a retail store. Seemed like a fair trade to me.

DMC Member Advoce Jan 25, 2011

If you have a question or concern regarding your Disney Movie Club Membership, I am the person who can assist you. I am the Disney Movie Club Member Advocate. Please feel free to contact me directly at 800-459-7002. I look forward to having the opportunity to help!

• Br
    Brenda J Hobson Mar 04, 2011

I had the same happen, I joined months ago, sae last month that the payment had gone thru, I just realized this month that I had not recieved the movies, went to my bank online and got the phone # from the bank transaction, 1800-362-4587 it is an incorrect number, Ive heard it all now "Disney ripped me off, " Im going to Ripp off and snopes and warn others, BTW I joined as a way to get Facebook cridets

DMC Member Advoce Mar 08, 2011

Brenda,
    If you have any concerns about the Disney Movie Club, I can help! The number you have listed is a valid Disney Movie Club phone number, but let me give you my direct line 800-459-7002. Please give me a call and I can help you with this.

• Yo
    Yosniel Mar 15, 2011

this movie club thingy is dumb... seriously.. i sign up but i keep geting charged 40.99$ for each movie and i can't cancel it they should make a intants cancel thingi because my mom is like... " were are all these movies coming from... why is the bill 40$" and honestly she is geting mad.. i need to cancel this damn Movie club ... is not really funny when u have to boy something on force and can't cancel it because you PPL suck at pleacing a cancel botton on the PAGE... membership number is 4836298 ( cancel it Movie club ... i wanted to buy a movie fro my little brother... but not like 4 of them just 1 .. so cancel it... i can't aford that much enymore... email is - [email protected] thank you

• Yo
    Yosniel Mar 15, 2011

i wanna make a complain to this company... for there crapy movies... i sign up for the club.. but i never saw eny license.. and agreement.. when i sign up... now im being charged for lame movies... 40$ damn bucks i don't even have enought for that right now.. i got bills to pay kids to take care off.. yes ok i know the movies for them are good but not for me.. my wife is like " why am i receiving a package with a movie in it.. for 40$.. if it was 20$ then yeah but 40$!! ? i want that membership canceld.. RIGHT NOW.. im serious.. if walt was stilla live and he would of knew what you guys are doing to hes company.. im sure he would fire THE *^&^!!! out of you people.. cancel my membership.. 4836298...
    email is [email protected] cancel ASAP.

DMC Member Advoce Mar 17, 2011

Yosniel,
    In looking at your account I see that you spoke with someone yesterday. Hopefully all your questions were answered. If not, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 800-459-7002.

• Br
    Brenda J Hobson Mar 19, 2011

I neeed to report that after my complaint, Disney movie club, contacted me, I t was Priscilla, member advocte, She promptly refunded my money and I realized the begining error was on my part, my info was incorrect and i had joined the wrong club (Blu ray), she freed me from that obligation and directed me to the proper club, ty Priscilla and disney

• Ac
    ace of combat Jan 20, 2020

@Brenda J Hobson How long did it take to receive your refund from them ?

• Ai
    Aida Alaniz Mar 20, 2011

I became a member throug my computer, for 3 months I have been paying but have not recived anything. I dont even have a member number. I am very disapointed at the Disney movie club. If any one can help me with a number or an email address i would really appricated. My name Aida Alaniz and my email is [email protected]

DMC Member Advoce Mar 21, 2011

Thank you for the compliment Brenda!

Aida,
    I am emailing you directly with information on your Disney Movie Club account. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thank you!

Aida,
    Happy we were able to help you on the phone today! Let me know if you have any concerns in the future!

DMC Member Advoce Apr 04, 2011

If you have questions or concerns about the Disney Movie Club, please give me a call or email me so I may help you. My direct email is [email protected] and phone is 800-459-7002. Thank you!

• Le
    letgoofmyears Apr 19, 2011

My ONLY complaint with the DMC is that, while it is painfully easy to do just about everything you want with your account, finding a link or a number to cancel your account is extremely hard to find. In fact, although "Mellen67" apparently found it quite simple to do, I was not able to locate the necessary phone number until coming to this site. I guess this is to be expected, since the last thing they want you to do is cancel, but for those of us who have long since fulfilled our agreements, we shouldn't have to jump through hoops to accomplish it.

DMC Member Advoce Apr 19, 2011

letgoofmyears,
    Thank you for your valuable input! At this time we do not have a link to cancel your account over the website. In order to cancel you can speak with a Cast Member over the phone at (800)362-4587.

• Mi
    MissSam May 12, 2011

I too have had problems trying to cancel!! I've written and I've called but to no avail! So I researched a little and stumbled upon this website and saw the number for the member advocate. I called and left a message, but three days later and still no call back...I'll probably wind up just having to cancel my credit card as well...

DMC Member Advoce May 12, 2011

MissSam,
    So happy I was able to connect with you today and resolve your account. Have a wonderful rest of your day!

Jay P May 16, 2011

I joined the club and have had nothing but a nightmare from the outset. First off I didn't get the initial movies until 7 months after I signed up and paid in August 2010!

I have not received regular emails nor postal packages and as a result on numerous occasions I have been sent videos I have not ordered. Last week I got three months worth all on the same day... two of course were LONG past the notice date. I have complained several times to the "Cast members" most of which just brush it off. Its your fault you didn't check the mail, its the post office's fault for not delivering it on time, it's yahoo or gmail's fault because of the spam filter... Only once did a rep say "We have been having problems"

I have called in been told that I would not receive something that in fact is hows I declined, yet magically it appears on my credit card and shows up 2-5 weeks later. I then have to spend time to dispute it, ship it back etc to get credit for something I didn't order!

Initially I was being credited and sent a return label, lately it has been a case of too bad and send it back and we will credit you when we feel like it. Today your employee told me if I wanted to return things I had to pay to return them!!!

Twice in the last two weeks I have been charged for videos I did not order even though I did in fact say I didnt want it. I was told that I shouldn't swtich methods of responding. WTF its my fault your emails aren't getting to me nor your mailings? When I switch to solve a problem with YOUR system its my fault because I am trying my hardest to make sure you know I dont want the damn thing so I do everything possible to make sure I dont have to endure another month of this!

I have made it clear I DO NOT want to receive anything except that which I order. I have been told that its not possible to opt out. I agreed to negative billing. BTW DYI Disney company -Negative Billing is illegal in Canada if you want to do business in Canada or any other country outside the USA... Obey the local laws

I have to wait for things to be delivered so I can return them, and then on top of it I am now being told I have to pay to return things I didn't order!

Today I called in to make sure that I would not be sent this Chiuahua movie, your automated system wouldn't let me say no and I spoke to a person who assured me I will not receive it. Again I do not believe that it will not turn up and I will not be charged for it

I find your employees are not helpful, dont really care about issues and try to blame everyone else - the customer, the post office, the man on the moon.

I have also asked twice to have my credit card removed so that you cannot just willy nilly ship me things I don't want. I am more than happy to pay by credit card for those items I have ordered. What a surprise it never happens and I keep getting billed.

DMC needs to take some serious steps to address these problems

DMC Member Advoce May 16, 2011

Jay P,
    Please contact me directly so I can assist you with your account. There is an easy solution to your situation that can be fixed when I have all the information. Please call me at 800-459-7002 or email me with your details (name, account number or address, etc.) and I would be happy to resolve this for you!

• Or
    Orion's Bell May 24, 2011

Twice in the past I have received and been billed for movies after I sent back the option out card. Last month I received TRON Legacy, but I never received the monthly packet before-hand with the option-out card. I wasn't too happy, but it did complete my 4-movie/2-year obligation. But now I just received another expensive DVD again without ever receiving the packet in advance. I'm going to call them up. Federal law states that if you receive something by mail that you didn't order, it's yours to keep for free. (I know, good luck with that, but I'm going to fight!)

• Or
    Orion's Bell May 24, 2011

FOLLOW UP: Called DMC - I was told that the fact the monthly packets didn't arrive for TRON and The Incredibles "is not our problem. Our records show the packet was sent out." I mentioned the federal law of keeping unordered merchandise for free and she said that was not true. **I should mention that I wasn't "billed" but instead, they simply took money out of my checking account ahead of time as I'm using a debit card. That's why I was so pissed about all this.** Well, I called the FTC and filed a complaint. They told me "lost in the mail" wasn't any excuse for DMC and that I had a legal right to a refund for both DVDs and to keep them. I called back DMC and told them what the FTC had to say about the situation. They told me they'll refund the cost of the Incredibles DVD and I can keep it. I didn't ask for the TRON DVD as it fulfilled my contract. I'm going to stay with DMC for the exclusive titles. But this better not happen again.

• Fe
    FedUpWithScams! May 26, 2011

I think if Walt Disney were alive he would be very upset about how this is all being handled!!! One would think with such a huge name company, this would not be happening. I don't understand why they need to pull this kinda crap if they are such a large wealthy prosperous company! Its just sad to me that this is happening to everyone! I will not be recomending them to anyone now. Save them the hassle. If you can sign up online... shouldn't you be able to cancel online as well?

DMC Member Advoce May 26, 2011

I do regret you feel that way. Thank you for your valuable input, I will be sure to forward your comments to the appropriate people in the organization. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected] Thank you.

• Km
    KMontgomery Jun 02, 2011

I don't think it's a scam so much, I understand that I signed a contract. However, I feel like I am being solicited constantly and I know I am declining movies several times a month. My account has been overdrafted twice for movies that I did not order or want and it takes weeks to get a refund. I love how it takes a company 24 hours to take out my money but it takes 30 days to get it back. Also they do not make it easy to cancel but they are not the first company to do so. I had a credit card that had no cancellation information, I had to do a search on how to cancel my card.

DMC Member Advoce Jun 02, 2011

KMontgomery,
    There is no need to cancel a credit card. You can simply ask to have your credit card removed if you placed a debit card on file. We do recommend not using debit cards because if you miss a deadline, no one would like the unexpected charge. Email me your membership details if you would like your card removed from your account. Please keep in mind, you will still need to respond to your Featured Titles. It does happen up to 15 times a year. Email me with any questions or concerns, I am here to help!
    [email protected]

DMC Member Advoce Jul 11, 2011

Orion's Bell,
    I regret you had a bad experience with your Featured Titles. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. My direct phone number is 800-459-7002 and email is [email protected]

• Sc
    ScamVictimHere Jul 22, 2011

i am having trouble cancelling my account. I don't get how you can make it soooo easy for someone to sign up for your services, but after the obligations have been fulfilled, make it so hard to cancel the membership. Seems like disney is making a fortune by scamming the people they are pretending to care about. Seems like a bunch of corporate scam artists running the company and a million little rats following the pied piper...sick and disgusting. I am appauled that there is this "advocate" reading the postings here and they don't do anything on the corporate level to force them to change the way they do business and stop ripping people off.

DMC Member Advoce Jul 22, 2011

Thank you for your comments. I would like to speak with you and find out how you are trying to cancel. If your commitment is met and you simply give us a call requesting to cancel we will honor that request. Could you please contact me directly so we can discuss your experience and find out where the breakdown occured so I can fix this? My email is [email protected] and direct line is 800-459-7002. I look forward to hearing from you!

NoMoreDMC Oct 08, 2011

It would be very easy for DMC to provide a "cancel" link, or at least an email address. DMC Advocate, how about adding this feature instead of telling everyone to call you once they are upset? The information on the site is truly ridiculously lacking, to the point of being a dishonest trade practice. I got the phone number, I will call and cancel, but I did not get it from the web site. Something is wrong there.

DMC Member Advoce Oct 17, 2011

Thank you for your input. I will certainly forward your suggestion along.

Thanks2God4savinme Jan 16, 2012

Wow! I was so about to join right now but came across this thank God and will definetly not be joining im so glad i didnt fall into this trap i thought it was a good deal but now i know i wouldnt be able to afford it. Thanks alot everybody!

• Ta
    tammie mccullough Jul 30, 2012

I dont want this and you are not to charge my card cause I dont want it was to be a trial and Im done cant aford it so dont charge me for it I didnt order anything but wat I have payed for

• Mi
    Michelle Gar Mar 14, 2013

Disney Movie Club membership commitment is to buy 5 movies at regular price and then you will become a VIP member. I Question Disney's integrity due to the fact that the regular priced movies are considerably overpriced, more than double. A VIP membership does not offer cheaper movies through the club, any retail store or local cable provider had better prices. I will no longer buy Disney products or services based on my experience with DMC.

• Ms
    ms. mommy Sep 24, 2013

wow! thank god i clicked on this site before ordering from DMC! Thank you all soooo much for the heads up!

• Ab
    ABSOLUTELY CONFUSED Oct 02, 2013

Wow, all of these complaints are a bit much! I was going to join the club, but after reviewing all of these complaints in which I read every single one of them, I decided not to order anything from this website.

• Bu
    busymomof2 Dec 09, 2013

I'm glad I haven't joined yet. Thank you to all of you for the heads up. I cant afford for my account to be over charged. Sounds safer not to take any chances.

• Su
    Suemc Jan 09, 2014

I received a invitation to join in the mail. It says to if you want to receive your purchase even faster you can join on line and just enter the promotional code. However if you enter the code first it by - passes the movie selection if you enter your movie selection first it by passes the promotional code. Part of the promotion is to receive a plush blanket and if you use your credit card you get the first 5 movies for even cheaper. And the final agreement is to buy 5 more movies but the pricing from the mailed promo and whats on line is completely different. Because there is too much difference I have chosen to purchase my Disney movies else where.

• Lo
    londontipton Jan 10, 2014

I didn't even realize I was joining anything, I thought I was just buying some Disney movies. I WANT OUT NOW. they've sent me several movies I didn't order and had to return, overdrafted my debit card which I no longer have and sent me notices from collection companies over movies I returned and did not want in the first place. There's no way in hell I'm paying full price for 5 DVD's just to get out, I want out NOW.

• Ca
    Callaway2014 Jan 15, 2014

Thank goodness I read this! Reminds me back in the day of ordering records or CD's...I think I might just buy my son the blanket and keep away from this drama. In fact, I have contacts who work for Disney that I will forward this link to. Thanks a bunch all!

• Mj
    MJKQ Feb 08, 2014

Just today, I was startled when I heard a loud knock on my front door. The postal guy delivered a package and asked for a payment of $5.00 plus for shipping and handling. I was puzzled because I have no idea of what he is asking me to pay for. He said the package was from DMC...I thought hard but still, it did not ring a bell because I really haven't placed any order from any company. It was only seconds later that I realized that for sure it was from Disney Movie Club! Suddenly, it hit me hard! Here they are again with their scamming tactics! I refused the package. I did not accept it because I DID NOT order anything from them and I am very sure I declined the featured title from last month and this month. A few months ago, I also received a bill from DMC for a movie that I haven't received nor ordered, hence, I sent them a complaint letter regarding the matter. It's a good thing my credit card was cancelled so they were not able to charge me illegally. I was also a victim of this fraudulent act. Twice in the past, they had been sending me movies that I did not order or had already declined and still charged my credit card. I did not complain even though I already have those titles in my collection, which, I have bought cheaper from another store before ( the movies that they sent were not even new movies! ). The third time that they did it again, I returned the movie but I had to shoulder the shipping cost. It is very upsetting that I had been scammed by this company not just once, but several times because I did not know how and where to complain. Can somebody please tell me how to properly report DMC to the authorities?
    Thank you.
    MJ

• Am
    amyleo Feb 08, 2014

Ive been a disney movieclub member n they charged me $340.00 for movies Ive havent gotten in the mail yet i want my money back..

• Kr
    Krystle S. Sep 02, 2014

Whoaa... that's a lot of negative feedback Disney! I would definitely make some changes to your business if this is how a lot of your customers feel. I will look into this DMC site for some positive feedback because I know there is always the negative with any company. Just because these 50 individuals had bad experiences doesn't speak for all the other thousands or even millions of other customers. Think about that...

• Jw
    Jwatkins317 Mar 10, 2015

My problem is different. I have yet to see it here. I have no problem with my membership. Infact I'm on my last purchse of featured titles before I need no more. My problem is I paid for a movie outside of the featured titles. And was charged twice. According to the computer system they charged once. According to the bank statement it was twice. So as asked I had my bank send a fax showing that it was charged twice. This fax has been sent twice now and recieved. And I'm now being asked to sent it a third time so it can be reviewed again. They started a domino affect with my account. So they have encircled $150 in charged and I've been told for a month now that they will fix it. And it still isn't fixed. I can't do anything with the account right now so it's just sitting in the negative. I'm tired of the run around. And right now I'm waiting to see if the movie I actually ordered shows up because the original did not and had to be reordered. How do we fix this?
    Member # 7519629

• Mc
    MCota Nov 22, 2015

I was thinking of getting the membership until I read all these reviews, anyway I was thinking since there is no way to cancel the membership through their end then it might be easier to just call your credit card company ( the one they have on file) and cancel it and get a new one with a different number that way they no longer have your billing information especially if you already met your membership obligations.

• Fy
    Fyn Ramsay Oct 23, 2017

This is such a rip off. I was required to do it for human verification for a giveaway, and now I can't get rid of this. I am only 17, and I have
    No money. I keep sending the post back with the box checked for the "do not send me featured title" and luckily I havent gotten any notifications or emails saying that I was charged for it, or attempted to charge me from the 4$ I own. I am just fed up with this. I will never be able to afford to fill the obligations, and I just want this [censor] gone.

• Ge
    Geeky Fanatic Jan 06, 2018

Apparently, you need to buy at least six (or five) movies before you can cancel your membership, which is impossibly expensive and [censor] up already. Honestly, all I can advise you to do is cancel the card they're billing you on. It works quicker and easier.

• Al
    Aleena J. Jun 06, 2018

I just called 1-920-521-4015 and talked to a lady about cancelling my membership and it was no problem she's even refunding me the $2.00 that was already billed to my card. All I have to do is send back the movie (which she is mailing me a box with pre-paid s&h to do so) then my membership is cancelled and I won't receive anymore charges!!! Thank you Disney movie club!!! I might even sign back up when I have enough to afford it!!! :)

• Ar
    Arharden30 Jun 09, 2018

How do you cancel subscription to disney movie club? I Have been trying for a couple months now and can't find anything on website. I have fullfilled my agreement like 5 to 6 months ago. I want to cancel it because i can't remember to go on and decline the movie selections.

• Zo
    Zobbfiree Aug 06, 2018

I am underage and need to cancel!!! Got it for credit and it hasn't been charged yet. Refund!!! #9532017

• Is
    isababes Aug 29, 2018

call 1(800)362-4587
    press 1, put your membership number, confirm your zip code, press 5, press 1, wait on the line. Tell them you want to cancel your membership and don't let them talk you into staying!!
    it took me 15 minutes to figure it out. I regret joining tis club they charged me for so many movies I didn't want and wouldn't return them either.

• Ty
    Typical Plays Jan 01, 2019

Get a new card! easy as that

• Ad
    Adam Gill May 31, 2019

Since Disney is supporting the murdering of babies, I cancelled my membership.