Discovery Benefits Logo

Discovery Benefits

Having problems with Discovery Benefits?

Discovery Benefits Customer Service Contacts

4321 20th Avenue S
Fargo, North Dakota

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Discovery Benefits Customer Service. Initial Discovery Benefits complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Discovery Benefits above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Discovery Benefits. Discuss the issues you have had with Discovery Benefits and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Oct 29, 2020

Discovery Benefits — Cobra insurance cancellation

I purchased my UHC Medical insurance through Cobra continuation plan and made payment to Discovery Benefit...

Discovery BenefitsTricked into paying $20 extra for using debit card online

I am a new member and received my "membership" materials on Wednesday, 9/2, evening. In the material was a bill for my dental insurance which was due on 9/1. (Nice timing). I went on line to register and pay the bill via the company debit card. I filled all of the required information. When I pressed the submit button, $20 was added to the bill. I called customer service to complain about this ludicrous 20% "service fee" and wanted the entire charges taken off and that I would pay by mail.
I was told that there was no way the charges could be backed out.
As a result of this I have zero trust in this organization.

I would like the charges to be reversed so I can pay the premium via mail.

Aug 13, 2020

Discovery Benefits — Health care savings

My company switched to your company in 2020. The service has been beyond horrible. I had remaining funds from...

Discovery Benefitsmedical fsa

Where to begin? I have had the misfortune of dealing with Discovery Benefits for about 5 years, even though my husband has switched jobs twice in that time. Each time I think that at least I won't have to deal with Discovery Benefits again and then and then about saddened to learn that the new companies use them to. I have had numerous issues over the years, such as their not accepting itemized receipts from medical offices as appropriate documentation and then just suspending the account. Today, this is the issue I am dealing with: I have been trying to log in to my online account since, once again, Discovery Benefits has randomly decided to suspend the account. The online passwords expire every 3 months, but they do not notify you of this or provide a new password; you simply get an error message that you've entered the wrong password. I used the link to create a new password. It might have worked except that then Discovery Benefits did not recognize the (correct) answers to the security questions. After a few times of entering the correct answers to security questions and their not recognizing it, they lock you out. I called customer service and waited 30 minutes on hold to speak to a representative. Finally she told me that I can't do anything with the online account because I'm not the primary member. This is despite the fact they have a authorized representative form on filed that my husband submitted several months ago the last time this happened. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told that there was none available but that I could get a call in 24 hours. I didn't feel like I should have to wait 24 hours to get an issue resolved that I'd already spent an hour on and which should have been a complete non issue. I also submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau about them a few years ago. They lied and told the BBB that they had resolved the issue when they hadn't actually done anything. I have had bad experiences with businesses before but this is the first business that has done that.

DiscoveryBenefits.comclaim review process stinks or I could say it even clearer

Every single time I used my Discovery Benefits card, you request more information from primary care physician, lab work results, and prescription medications.I keep getting all different types of reasons why it wasn't accepted. Even when I send the receipt now they want my medical history to accommodate.This is CRAP.Contact the place where the card was used. Stop making me do all your work. All my co-workers are saying the same thing.

Discovery Benefitsinsurance coverage

Discover benefits for the month of June $754 for me to pay I am a cancer patient and just went in for surgery That is a reason why I was late and I want to make good and paid up I had paid $500.00 I had went in the hospital for surgery on 6/27/19 when I got home from the hospital I got a letter from discovery benefits stating that I owe $254.26
        The letter was dated 6/27/19 the same day that I was in surgery for Cancer when I got this letter on 7/2/19 I had call them on the phone to pay my bill of $254.26 They Told me that my policy was canceled I told them that I was in the hospital
        I called on 7/3/19 at 10:18 am & 10:42 am
        On 7/3/19 I had Spoke to two different people on same day two different times they said to it can be reinstated and they gave me a case number they said to me that a The supervisor can override the system to reinstate the policy and take my payment later on that day the supervisor called me around 1 pm I think he said his name was Dave on the phone to talk about it and he was very nasty to me on the phone with he said all those girls didn't know what they were talking about he said that once it's canceled it's canceled there's no way to bring it back
        I would like to see this policy be reinstated and take my pain and bring it up today I'm a cancer patient I was in the hospital the day I got this letter thank you

Wallace Klok

insurance coverage

Discovery Benefitsamount owed??

I don't have a complaint, instead it's a question.
          I recently enrolled my wife for Cobra coverage on line and a dollar amount was sent to me . I paid that amount and waited a few days for the system to catch up.
          I called my pharmacy to find out that nothing had changed. So I called Discovery to find out the amount they had requested was below what it should have been. A balance of $18 was still due.
          As I explained this and asked for the reason for this issue. I got zero answers over the phone. The rep only repeated several times ( Over & Over ) how unfortunate this is. And my solution was to pay on line $20 so they could process the coverage faster. Otherwise it could take up to 15 days.
          My question is... Is this a issue other people have come across, and how common is it ???

• Updated by Roglil · Apr 12, 2019

$20 convenience fee... I meant to say

Discovery Benefitsfsa

I have found dealing with this company to be extremely frustrating. I don't work outside of the home and do not have access to the technology I am assuming I would need to be able to successfully submit my claims for reimbursement. I have photographed all of my receipts on my cell phone, emailed the to myself and attempted to upload those receipts. I repeatedly received a message stating that the files were too big to upload. I then took pictures directly from my laptop and individually uploaded all of those. Most claims were denied. After a very lengthy wait to speak to a human and several series of being put on hold, I was able to discern (and I do mean discern, the gentlemen's english was very difficult to understand) that they were denying my claims because the receipts were mirror images (the result of taking them from my laptop)
            The process I described above took about 10 hours including lengthy wait times. I've also made several attempts to speak with someone in a supervisory capacity.
            As the customer, I would think someone on the Discovery Benefits team could take the extra 5 minutes to read the numbers backwards. I myself have put far more time into this endeavor than any employee of the company has.in the 45 minute phone call, I would think they could have cleared the entire remittance while they put me on hold.
            I agree, I would think a class action suit would be in order. I don't make a habit of airing my displeasure with businesses on line; but int this case this company needs to make changes. When you are denying claims and failing to reimburse funds to your customers, you should be held to a higher standard than this company is providing

Dec 21, 2018

Discovery Benefits — reimbursement claim denied

My wife called and spoke with 3 different agents at discovery benefits before she went to the eye doctor to...

Discovery Benefitsdependent care account

I have participated in Discovery Benefits Dependent Care account for approximately 3 years. I have never submitted claims against my account until towards the end of the accumulating year or first quarter of the following year. Unfortunately this past April I became PRN through the employer in which these benefits were utilized through and the time frame for which I could submit claims against according to discovery shortened and I was not aware of this. I also couldn't access the website for a couple months and it took multiple emails and phone calls with rude, unhelpful representatives to even be able to log-in to my benefit account and look at things! This would have been a great time for a representative to inform/re-inform of this new timeline for me to submit claims against! But no, not one word or friendly customer service reminder was made!

I decided to make a small claim against the account recently and am being told I can't and I forfeit all money I have had deducted from my payroll and income in to this account!!! Had I clearly known this would happen, I would NEVER participate in this type of program. We do not deduct from our income just for the heck of it!

The company is not willing to work with me at all or file an exception, etc. I clearly have receipts for account to be submitted and it is my money!

May 08, 2018

Discovery Benefits — employee benefits fsa

Our company purchase the use of the FSA card as a part of it benefit package to our employees. I have had a...

Discovery Benefits — reimbursement of 2 office visits and suspension of card.

I have been trying since July to get reimbursed for an office visit. It is beyond frustrating because now it...

Discovery Benefits — cobra insurance continuance

Discovery Benefits has received 5 $1808.33 payments to continue insurance coverage through COBRA. Discovery...

Discovery Benefitsadministers cobra plan we use

It takes a 20 minute plus hold to speak to a live rep about either the funds they are holding for you in a FSA or HSA account, or your COBRA benefits. You have to request multiple times to be able to speak to a supervisor. You do not get accurate information about the mechanics of their interface with the insurance company and your COBRA benefits. We had a reduction in number of people an existing COBRA would cover. I was assured that I should NOT pay the next month's bill until a new statement with reduced premium was received. I expressed concern because a family member's health needs are such that any gap in insurance is a potential emergency. The Discovery rep stated that we would have no gap in coverage. She failed to say that even though I paid the premium the day after receipt of the bill, that rather than just eliminating one person from the existing policy, they would cancel our policy and we'd be without proof of insurance for what is now almost three weeks. NO ONE saw fit to tell us that our old policy was void. That required a trip to the pharmacy where they said, "that will be $6K for your meds." Discovery insists that we really do have insurance, as we can buy the services and goods and get reimbursed once they process the paperwork to get our policy in effect. This would all be tolerable except that our insurance company insists that they have not information from Discovery. Discovery claims it was sent on 12th of July (almost halfway through the policy month) to our insurer. Insurer states they do not have it. Multiple Discovery reps refuse my request that they resend the info to our insurer. So, needing $6K in life-saving meds, we are stuck in a purgatory of having paid for our insurance precisely as instructed by Discovery but three weeks later being turned away from the pharmacy because we "have no insurance." I've had multiple calls to Discovery reps. They are rude and appear to have no interest in problem-solving. Sample: "could you please resend the document?" "No, you need to call your insurance company." " Well, they have asked me to request a resend of document." Well, we can't do that."

Discovery Benefits — cobra benefits

This outfit is sooooo discombobulated. That's not a good thing when they're handling other's money for...

Discovery Benefits — they steal premiums

STAY AWAY! Same story as everybody else: they have been taking my premiums for SIX month and have yet to...

Discovery Benefits - Cobra — insurance lapse

I paid nearly 900 on 10/28/16 to continue my coverage. I had alreadupy met my deductible & out of pocket so...

Discovery Benefits - Cobra — won't authorize rx refills

Left employer Feb 9. Signed up for COBRA in March - made payment for Feb / March. Made next payment on April...