Direct Generalmy hurricane irma damage claim

S Review updated:

I have been with the company about 8 yrs, never filed a claim, this yr I have damages from wind and flying debris to my vehicle due to hurrican force winds, I submit a claim, agent from the beginning looking for reasons not to pay my claim, I have a 20 yr old who uses my address as mailing address. direct is requesting I fabricate proof said child is not living in my home, the agent that called me today, was also very rude a Michelle hicks, she stated she was going to email me a list of acceptable proofs she would like me to fabricate or she is going to deny my claim as she said it, do you want your car fixed.. I have paid you for 8 yrs to protect my property.. do what I pay you for. I am not just going to accept you taking my money and not doing what I pay youfor..


  • Ar
    Aron Austin Jul 22, 2018
    This comment was posted by
    a verified customer
    Verified customer

    Attn: For all the ones that has been wronged via Direct General. Good news; you may have up to five, yes 5 years to get your claims heard.
    1st. Contact your local city small claims office, to file a small claims suit to get the ball rolling.
    2nd. Let them know, we the people are no longer taking their crap. All insurance companies: Delay, Denie and Defend, it’s their golden rule. Bottom line until we the people stand up and speak up, hold them accountable, Direct General will continue to do what they do best. Bleed us out of our money that lawfully ours on our claims.
    3. Once you file the simple start forward small claims complaint, pay the small fees, serve it upon them. Good thing is, the major big shot lawyers that defend them are not allowed in small claims court. That's right, it’s you against them and a fair Judge that is there to listen to what you have to say.
    4. Make sure the court clerk’s office have your correct contact information:
    cell number, home or business address. Once you file your claim in small claims court, make sure you ask for a court date. The courts normally will assign you one once the case is assigned to a judge. But you can also ask for one. Most times; the clerks can tell you when your court date is and whom the judge is assigned to hear your matter.
    The cost to file a small claims court action is very small considering your amounts your owed and may be awarded.
    Be sure to not miss your court date, and if Direct General fails to show, simple as for a DEFAULT JUDGEMENT.YOU WIN.

    0 Votes

Post your comment

    By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Board’s Terms and Conditions