Diamond Resorts Internationalsales

Outrageous Sales Pitch: My wife and I went to a sales presentation in Las Vegas Nevada. We were greeted by a old lady who showed us around the resort and then sat down with us to sell us on upgrading to points. She began telling us on that in her youth she had married a abusive drunk and had gotten a divorce in Las Vegas and had then got a job at Jockey Club Resort run by Mr. Cloobeck's father. She said that the elder Cloobeck watched her children while she worked and took care of her. She's added she had close family ties to the present Cloobeck family and is called Antey by him his wife and children. My wife asked what does this have to do with timeshare sales. She said
" I just want to point out that Mr. Cloobeck (the undercover boss) is a wonderful person and she continued by saying "by the way have you seen the video playing in your room called the power of Yes in it you will see him in a picture with Mr Obama". I asked, "are you saying that the President of the United States is endorsing Diamond Resorts?" She said " think what you will". My wife and I were flabbergasted at this, as such and endorsement is totally unethical and I believe illegal. It became apparent to both of us that DRI would stoop to any tactic to sell time share no matter in this how outrageous. We did not buy any points but left in a total state of shock! We did get our gifts but we were mad we wasted out time on this silliness. Be advised if you buy in Las Vegas you have 5 days to get out of your purchase. There is a recision form in the sales package just fill it out and follow the directions. They hide it but it is their and if you ask they must show it to you.

• To
    Toscano730 Aug 11, 2014

I am a 90%disabled veteran, with my disability check! and our social security checks! how do they. Think we can afford it. We are retired and. Were living our golden years in retirement before DRI. CHEATED US OUT OF IT. We were. Supposed to. Write a check, do not do that, we used our credit card and got our money back under Bank Rules of 14 days Cancellation. Diamond Resort salesmen are unethical, deceptive, callous, high pressure tactics, wear people down, under coercion and duress. This is a perfect defense In regards to default. Read the rules under "default" of a contract. They know people are in Vegas to enjoy themselves and will let. 5 days slide thinking they have 10 or 30 days, THE RULES OF NEVADA and the law should be made known along with all the details of the contract verbally prior to signing.. Tourists come to Vegas to enjoy themselves. And these timeshares are screwing the tourists. Cloobeck is worth over a hundred million dollars, how do you think he got it ? WELL THEY CANNOT GET WATER OUT OF A ROCK. IAW with their contract, after. 60 days in default they are supposed to send you a certified letter stating you cannot use DRI property and no further action will be taken. There has to be some ethical violations here.

• To
    Toscano727 Aug 10, 2014

My wife and I went to Desert Paradise Resort in Las Vegas, we were told by the concierge to attend a "meeting" Get a free show and a breakfast. My wife's mother was very sick we were distressed, wife's blood pressure was at 169, we were distraught by the hard sales pitch by Michael Emali, we were there for over two hours andFrustrated taking our time away from us. NO ONE told us we had 5 days to cancelin writing. At one point Emali satiated to my wife about her blood pressure " why don't you. Just die then " We signed under distress and coercion to get out of the office and take care of My mother in law. That same day I had to call an ambulance to take her to the emergency room for a heart attack from Desert Paradise, as witnessed by the head of security and the concierge. My wife is totaly illeritate being foreign born cannot read or explain the contract. I could not explain the contract after attempting to read it. They wanted us to give up our property at Mystic Dunes for points in DI Our property is worth over 100 K, a mile from all the theme parks. We have a deed to that property Steve Miller, never stated we have 5 days to cancel. Neither pointed it out, never went over the numbers of the contract, 39 pages of legal documentation. We were not in a position to read it as we were at the hospital with. Mother in law, three days, one day taking her in to get her phone set up, another. Day getting her food and medicine. I wrote a positive letter in Emalis. Behalf, wish I had not done so as he. Was screwing us as much as DI, Steve Miller, and eventually. Michael Gibellini the. Quality assurance officer, who tried to hide the contract details from corporate behind their back. His. Tap recorded phone calls attest to that. 30-45 days to close, BS Gibellini in my heart I believe called the title. Company. And had it close in less than 21 days because they were going to lose a commission and a contract. Under distress and illiteratecy is a positive in a defaulted contract. DI salesmen do not care if you are on your death bed as long as they get a signiture. We told Gibellini to. Cancel the contract inVoice and in writing, Bank of America stated we had 14 days to. Cancel the $9, 888.00. Down payment which we were within in time frame and. BOA got our money back

Diamond Resorts I tl contrat states if you. Default after 60 days they will send you a certified letter stating you have no use of DI resorts and no further action will be taken they need to read their own contract and Cloobeck needs to. Have someone go under cover. In his hard pitched coerced sales team and see what it is like.

Marsha G Aug 05, 2014

We went to Sedona to spend a week at the Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort. Our week ran from Saturday, January 25, through Saturday, February 1. 2014. This is a Timeshare property of Diamond Resorts International with corporate offices in Las Vegas, Nevada. This timeshare was booked through Interval International by me as part of the agreement between Marriott's Timeshare program, of which I was a member, and Interval International. Before arrival, I was contacted by Diamond Resorts in Sedona offering a deal of a prime rib dinner Tuesday night, a trip to a local winery Wednesday and lunch Thursday for the low price of $99.00 as long as we agreed to attend a one and half hour presentation of Diamond Resorts Timeshare Program. I've attended these many times with Marriott but have never had any complaints about them. You pretty much know what to expect. I've owned my Marriott Timeshare week for about 13 years. When our appointed time came, 1:00 P.M. Thursday, January 30, we went to the sales office, met our sales agent and went into the presentation. We were taken into a large room filled with other guests staying at the Timeshare and many other sales agents. We were served lunch, after lunch our sales agent started the presentation. When we thought the presentation was coming to a close we told our sales agent (Mark Alagna) we were not interested. At this point, he kept adding other aspects of the program that was only available for owners of "premier property" such as Marriott. We told him we were not interested. Before he would let us go, he wanted us to listen to one more aspect of their program. In this aspect of the program, they would buy our Marriott week at "fair market value" and convert it to Diamond Resort Points and there again we would have more weeks to use each year. We would not have to pay Marriott's maintenance fee but we would have to pay theirs ($847.12 annually), but we was not ever told how much the maintenance fees were only that they wouldn't’t be as much as Marriott’s. Actually all these options were worth much less to us in travel benefits than our Marriott week. They continued to apply pressure by reducing the cost of buying into the program and by adding financing incentives. After about 4 and a half hours of this we told him we were very satisfied with the Marriott program and since we had had it for 13 years we felt we had certainly gotten our money's worth out of it. That’s when he called in his sales manager, Reuben Philo. so they could double team us. This was a small room and we and the new sales agent were the only ones there. We were tired, we were hungry, and ready to leave. It was now about 5:30 P.M. They weren't through yet. The new guy sat down with us and pulled out one more offer. Little did we know that this was the worse offer of all, but as I said we were tired, hungry and ready to get out of there. The dollar amount was less to buy into diamond resorts and they were offering us what we thought was a good price for our Marriott timeshare. So they had finally broke us, we gave!! What a mistake! The agent took it, got it approved and we signed it. We both had initialed and signed the contract. I know you are supposed to read contracts in their entirety before signing but it was now about 6:30 P.M. We had been beaten! We were exhausted from the previous presentation and was definitely ready to get back to enjoying our vacation, as we had already wasted the whole day on this presentation. Little did we know they had screwed us out of are Marriott timeshare and stuck us with only 3000 points that we can not do much of nothing with, but never fear MARK ALAGNA made his sales quota on that 30th day of January 2014. We thought we were dealing with a reputable company who had fully disclosed all portions of the contract. There were no verbal disclosures about any content on the contract. We were not explained to how to use Diamond Resorts points system or any of the other programs we had supposedly said no to. The worst thing not disclosed to us is how can they sell me 3000 points but I am unable to get out of this “timeshare point system” or whatever you want to call it, because I don’t have 7500 points I am unable to sell out. Therefore I feel as they took us for our Marriott Timeshare, $13.527.00 for 3000 points and 847.12 in maintenance fees. I figured all this out this past weekend, August 2, 2014, when we went for our new member orientation trip to Branson, Missouri. When we walked in for our orientation, instead of them wanting to show me how to use my points, he asked me “What was we there for?” I am guessing they already knew that I didn’t have enough points to be used for anything anyways. What was really strange and this is where it really gets good, they wanted us to spend more money for more points so that we would be able to travel to more places and also you really can’t do much with just 3000 points, so how about spending another $16, 000.00 and we can bring you up to 7500 points, that way someday you might be able to travel some where and maybe, just maybe you can find another sucker to buy all those points for $39, 527.00, as that’s what we would have had in it at that point. Oh and also don’t forget those maintenance fees they would be up to $1.600.00 per year, as they are based on how many points you own!

I just hate to admit that I have lost my Marriott Timeshare and $14, 374.12, but as I always try to look on the bright side of things, at least they didn’t con me out of another $16, 000.00.

VERY UNHAPPY

MARSHA GROGAN

• Wa
    Walter W May 02, 2014

I plan to send a letter the the California, Florida and Nevada Attorney General, requesting they investigate Time Shares in their respective states, and I suggest others do the same in the hope that if they receive enough letters, they will investigate the fradulent activities of time share companies, especially Diamond Resort International. Since Diamond Resort International is now on the NYSE, I am also going to send a letter to the SEC, hoping they find fraudulent selling practices

• Mr
    Mr. Knowlen Apr 29, 2014

I too have had the same or a similar experience with the sales man from the middle east. What can one say? Perhaps Clooback needs to have training in ethnic sensitivity and personal hygiene. Remember you have 5 days to fill out the recision form in the back of your paperwork if you bought. Do not call sales just fill it out and maik it in within the 5 days. If you bought the sampler package you are stuck with it. Please read it closely before signing. Note all the resort restrictions and required sales presentation's involved. That is all I can.

• Mr
    Mr. and Mrs. Bill Simms Mar 26, 2014

Hi: my wife I ran into the same strange old woman and a Syrian associate who needed a shower who likes to hug women. My wife was disgusted by his behavior and his obvious lack of cleanliness. He appears to be some sort of closing agent. We did not buy but took our gifts, then got a shower before lunch.

• Kn
    knower.1 Feb 19, 2014

Auntie was really his mother