Davison Invention — ripoff company

A

If you are smart, you will steer clear of Davison Invention, located in RIDC Park in the Pittsburgh area.

I briefly dated one of their salespeople and he himself told me the company was a complete ripoff. [And why would an invention company need salespeople? That in itself should be a big red flag.]

All that Davison does to get your invention in front of major retailers is this: they send an email to the company (Target, Walmart, etc.). That's it.

There's NO follow-up, NO visits to the retailer, NO other effort put forth other than sending an email (which in all likelihood is simply deleted.)

If the retailer doesn't respond (they most likely won't), the inventor is out his or her money they paid Davison.

Think about it: in 2008, Davison paid a settlement of $10.7 million to the federal government to address claims that they were ripping off inventors.

I know nothing about how to get an invention to market, but knowing what I know about Davison, I wouldn't give them a dime of my money for any reason whatsoever. Avoid Davison like the plague!

RESOLVED

• Ee
    EES123 Aug 06, 2021

Please submit your scam complaints with the FTC in Washington DC. When the FTC gets a number of complaints then a suit can b filed against Davidson with a list of names.

• Ju
    julyon Oct 16, 2019

Stay away from them, they are fake and they will promises you to make your idea a reality, but they will get your money and try build a cheap BS junk that will never hit the market, this company had multiple A class action lawsuit.
    I have paid in 2011 over 12.000 euro including " presentations " I've never witness just to find out what they have built a 30$ worth of junk from a sophisticated idea of Laptop cooling system.

• Sp
    sparkie70 Oct 06, 2019

I 'm so glad I stumbled upon this website. I was told by a guy name Peter Denio That I could pay a little bit at a time. I gave him $60 toward my $ 700 bill already, however I won't be handing out any more money. I'm gone see if I can get back my $60 back. which I doubt. Thanks again.

Fred McInturf Jan 02, 2019

I was pretty upset with the whole thing. Sent them $10 back about 2010. The prototype didn't meet my expectations but they kept telling me "Oh just sign the papers and it will be corrected by whoever buys the prototype". Yeah. That didn't happen either because it was lame. Beware and stay away.

Fred McInturf Jan 02, 2019

@Fred McInturf I meant $10K... Ten thousand dollars. More like 12.

• Sh
    Sheila White Oct 12, 2018

How can I get my money back from Davison . They tool arond $10, 000 from me . I received a disc and promides to seek a buyer. I received nothing in return. I stpped sending them money.Sheila White [email protected] I am totally broke now.

Patricia keigans Oct 12, 2018

@Sheila White Call FTC Pa Attorney general and your State Attorney general that's what I'm doing

Patricia keigans Oct 12, 2018

@Patricia keigans I'm out 15, 010.00 they said my invention was deemed to big and bulky

Patricia keigans Oct 12, 2018

@Patricia keigans Refused refund they are scammer s

Fred McInturf Jan 02, 2019

@Patricia keigans I filed a BBB complaint. No good cause they convinced me to sign off every step.

• On
    one who is upset Aug 25, 2018

I was taken for 6, 000 they led me to believe they was working on my Idea, a picture nothing working in my hand not to mention 375 for packaging I know living in Texas I would never see this again my Idea would help a lot of people, But I say this my money is gone this happened to me in 2005 so I knew it was out of date a lawyer called me said has the company contacted you yet, I said no the sales so I called them, they said wait one week when they called again, they denied a lawyer had called I have his number, then another week went by and they were asking me for 3, 500 to do a multi company or a short video on my product, that made it current, after oh they have moved to o'hare PA, I called their DA and told them about them, you can not just do that to someone why I did not before back in my mind just maybe this is real, realizing it was not, what they do is take the best and not go forward with them and do it on their own, I also had a battery was along with my Idea, and guess what the same one is all over the Us, I had awning that was portable and they turned it down was 6 months before sunsetter awnings came out, he told me Frank, they was a company in its self, so in about a week the Da will get my complaint

Patricia keigans Oct 12, 2018

@one who is upset Call FTC Pa Attorney general and your attorney general they are liers

MaryAnn Bolling Aug 18, 2018

I would like to say thank you to Mr. Kapp for being there all the time and having to put up with me is a chore. You have helped me more than you know. I also want to thank Mr. Matlock he helped with some papers I had to fill out. They are so very helpful, sweet and kind. I have had a wild ride for a couple of years . But it will all be worth it in the end. In fact everyone I talk to at Davison Co. is wonderful. So I can't complain. Thanks again...

• Ra
    randolphwayne1 Mar 26, 2018

i guess i was the biggest [censor] of them all because i had got burn twice, one time through invention resource and the other was davison, both company at lease twenty thousand dollars, it hurts . they sold me a song and dance, i fell for it not once but twice, i was just trying to next level in life, so i decided to invest my life savings, now i am broke, do anybody know is there a chance of getting some money back . help .
    i had spoken with a mr paul baca from davison and he assured me that my idea was great, how his wife was looking for a product like mines and i was sold on . i and so lost now .help . my email is [email protected] if there some way of getting some of my money back .

• St
    Steve McCoy Jul 19, 2017

I've had work with these same people. Just as most people have done, I gave them my money well some and haven't heard from them. How can I get my money back

• Bl
    blackwidow05 Oct 17, 2016

I got a question anyone who can help me please do I done told Davidson about my invention I haven't signed any paperwork or anything just been talking to someone about it and was going start making my payments if I decide not to can they still my idea

Milissa ONeill Jul 27, 2016

This compamy will not stop contacting my 11 year old daughter. They call my phone several times a day. I have asked them to stop calling so much but they still do. I am going to file a complaint with the FTC. My daughter is 11 years old.

• Ar
    Armando Gaipo Jul 22, 2016

I was also ripped off by davison I told them straight out that i did not have much money but they insisted it was no problem so i sent them a 6 hundred dollar check i don't think they actually did anything just a lot of monkey talk then one day they told me that they wanted six thousand if they were to keep going on the project it's to bad the government let's trash like this continue to leech off the hard working people but my advice is DON'T TRUST THEM thanks and stay away

• De
    Derrick Brown May 11, 2016

Hey I submit an idea back in 2005 about the WATERPROOF CELL PHONE before it was even thought about.. I was a junior in highschool at the time where I was involved in robitcs and drafting and designs I was told to submit a prototype or to give a brief explanation of what my idea consisted of. So I did so... Davison then told me that my idea was impossible to master... Several years later WHAT DO HAVE TRENDING... WATERPROOF CELLULAR PHONESđŸ˜’

• Ea
    eagleed Apr 16, 2016

Promised to produce and market and patent my 4 idea inventions for which I paid about $10, 000 but they have not delivered so I want to join any new lawsuit effort against the company.

Jackie68 Apr 08, 2016

File a report with the FTC, I have and if enough people who have been scammed do it again then we might all get our money back, and put them out of business. Its easy just make a call, it takes less than 5 mins. Worst case it will cost Mr. Davison some of his scammed profits.

• Vi
    Vicki L. Dillon Jan 18, 2016

Wow, I am set to talk to Mr. Isacco tomorrow morning, but, now I won't. I have read everything on the boards and I don't need the hassle or the ripoff.
    Thanks to everyone that posted. Wouldn't do them any good. I am disabled and don't have any money. I had gone through a rip off with an invention before, not again. I tried 'Invent Help', not this Davison place, back in the 90's and got ripped off because I couldn't come up with the money $800.00. After so much time, they took my invention that I had all drawn out and spec'd and gave to them to make a copy so they could pass it up to the designers, about 3 years later my ex husband called me from the east coast and told me it was in a catalog for truckers. I checked it out and sure enough it was. Not gonna happen again! Thanks y'all.
    By the way, anyone know of a place that is legit?

• Ri
    Rickey99 Dec 18, 2015

anyone in a law suit against the, I may want to throw my hat in the ring with you. We got ripped off too! Rickey MIller [protected] [email protected]

• Do
    Doug Jack Nov 03, 2014

Wow, I wish this info was around oh say about 1998. I signed a contract and sent my designs to Davison in Dec of 1998 and since then paid over $8, 000 in CDN funds. It is now 2014 and all I have received for this is a few pages of C.A.D. work in a fancy folder that I could have hired some one local for a fraction of the cost. I will admit I haven't contacted or updated my info with them for some time and for good reason. I have experienced a part of every single letter of complaint that I read and the real crime here is the loss of faith and trust in our own system. I keep my ideas under lock and key, I trust no one, I tell no one and this is so wrong it makes me ill but just look at the results from the alternatives and what other choice are we left with?
    Douglas J

• Av
    avpUntitled5 Aug 22, 2014

People need to realize that what they do, does cost money, and they're not gonna take it out of their own pockets for strangers. If they even contact you, you're lucky. Michael told me they wouldn't even bother with the "no go" ideas. Some of you guys are probably just mad that the idea didn't continue selling, or it wasn't that good of an idea. Davison Co has to make sure there isn't a product like your idea out there already. That might create a lawsuit for Copyright infringement. They need the money for research, paper work, shipping reasons, and to help with modifications on a prototype if they believe you're stealing the idea. Maybe it's not a scam, maybe just a company trying to get by? I'm not sure but I'll still do my own research... so far . I haven't found a legit page.

DEMAND

freddymac Aug 16, 2013

LETS ALL GET TOGETHER AND DEMNAD A REFUND...ON TV.

freddymac Aug 16, 2013

I am glad that you all are seeing the truth. Mr Vescio will say you do not have the gumption to keep your idea going like he told me. How else do you keep millionaires lifestyles up but to get people to send you money to develop theirs? If one is a great inventor, their own ideas should speak for themselves and make them rich. Too many dropped ideas or in my case, poor prototypes that do not appeal to anyone. NO worry. They already have my MONEY !!! Give it back. FIND SOME OTHER COMPANY TO DEVELOP YOUR GOOD IDEA...

• Ks
    ksr2001 Jul 26, 2013

Davison...is it ever exhausting to try to keep up with all the poor ratings and complaints that are out there? Surely the mass paper trail tells the story that even an anonymous blogger can't fabricate. Give it up PLEASE!!! You are only making a terrible company look worse. Davison is deceitful and you are lying to make it better? NO. Try fixing a problem or offering a solution instead of placing blame. Did Davison teach you customer service when they trained you? Did they learn that themselves?? Nope, cause I'm a customer myself and I can vouch for every complaint. This is ridiculous and SHAME ON PENNSYLVANIA FOR KEEPING THEM IN BUSINESS.

• Ho
    honest guy that got burned Jun 28, 2013

DO NOT USE THIS ### COMPANY. They are a total scam. They will take your idea and ruin it, then blame you for not pursuing it. Everything that their sales people say is scripted, They will never answer a question by email so that there is no proof. RECORD every conversation with them.

TOTAL SCAM!!

• Armadilo Jun 12, 2013

Let's see... KirbyG is from where? Oh yeah... Pittsburgh, PA! And Davidson is located where? Oh yeah... Pittsburgh, PA also! Anyone else see the connection here? Too funny! Get a clue KirbyG... we are all here because we are wise to you and Davidson...so you can go somewhere else and peddle your BS! I work in media and will be making it a point to mention the unethical practices of this alleged organization. What a scam you've got going... it's just sad that too many people fell for it before it was too late for them and their savings accounts!! I wonder how you people at Davidson sleep at night?

• Armadilo Jun 12, 2013

Just an observation... KirbyG is from where? Oh yeah... Pittsburgh, PA... and Davidson is located where? Oh yeah... Pittsburgh, PA also! Huh? Anybody else see the connection here? LOL! Come on Kirby... we're here because we are the ones that finally wised up! We're not falling for your crap anymore! I work in media and will be mentioning the unethical practices of this alleged organization we are all commenting about here. Have a nice day!

• Armadilo Jun 11, 2013

I was just in the beginning stages of dealing with Davidson. Sent them my idea and they contacted me the next day asking me to call them to discuss my idea and how I saw it being marketed. Gut feeling ~something fishy~ so I googled them and here I am with all of you! Going to go back to e-mail and hit the 'spam' button. Thanks everyone!

• Ki
    KirbyG Apr 25, 2013

So let me ask how many of you bloggers are actual people and not a competitor of Davison? I believe the responses will never return on this question. Davison is bound by the same privacy law as any other invention, design or research and development company. If you think Davison stole your design, think about this real quick. You probably went to Davison to solve a problem that you experienced in everyday life. You probably had the solution that your mind came up with written down on a piece of paper. Now ask yourself this question. How many other people around the world have experienced the same problem? Now you are telling me that out of the 4 billion + that inhabit this earth, not one of them has thought of the solution, whether similar or different from yours, to solve this problem and make their own life a little easier.. If you believe that, then you are just as much of an idiot as the people who are reading the negativity on these websites under the pretenses that everything on the internet is true without a doubt. I dare everyone that reads these cracked out pages to actually go and look at the positive side, because the mission of these negative sites is to put as many American companies out of business as possible.. Isn't our country suffering enough?

• Vi
    VictemAgain Apr 15, 2013

I also spent over $10, 000. It's been over 6 years since my product was submitted. I haven't heard from them in over a year now. They DO NOT send you a prototype! Only a picture. They call and tell you they have "exciting" news - that your product has been selected by ABC company and they want to take it to the next step. After you pay them another $3000 for the "next level" - you don't hear anything for months, then about a year later - you get a call and they inform you that the client hasn't made any moves with your invention so they ask for permission to send it to another company. If you ask them to submit your product to more than one client, then they want to charge you an additional $400 for each company they submit too! How disappointing can it get! I was at a tradeshow not long ago. I met someone there selling his invention. He told me the best thing is to make one the best I can and submit it to companies myself. Always get a patent first but even that wont keep people from stealing our ideas. **Erin, if you can make your own prototype - do it! get a patent and call the corporations yourself. Best of Wishes to All!

• Ad
    Adem West Feb 22, 2013

I am supposed to send them a finished product and a commercial also. I dont think I will after reading these comments Thank You all

• Ad
    Adem West Feb 22, 2013

I am supposed to send them a finished product and a commercial that I had made. Reading all these statements I don't think that I will.

freddymac Feb 21, 2013

You will be dissappointed and part ways with your money..!!

• Da
    Davison scam? Jun 19, 2012

I'm talking to some guy named Adam nuckles. He believes I have a great idea and tells me that if Davison wasn't interested than they would not be contacting me because they would not want to waste mine or their time. I'm very excited to get things moving but I find it fishy that whenever I call him he doesnt answer Even with his own extension. I also think that they can talk to other companies before you even start to pay to see if they are even interested before they waste my time which they tell me they aren't trying to do . Ha anyone received a portfolio ? If so was it any good ? I wouldn't mind paying the first fee for a legit portfolio that I can present to other companies on my own.

• Se
    seeds1969 May 05, 2012

I trusted Davison with my invention idea back in 2006. I submitted the idea of a moving picture. Next thing I know the digital photo frame came out. I wish someone would put a stop to these thieves! Why are they still functioning?

• Qu
    Queen2020 Jul 09, 2020

@seeds1969 Is there an away we can contact each other I might have a good idea for you. My business phone number is [protected]

freddymac Apr 11, 2012

WON'T - sorry

freddymac Apr 11, 2012

Ask if any one knws one that won't. You will get more responses...

micheke61 Apr 10, 2012

does anyone know a company that will bring an idea to the shelves.

micheke61 Apr 10, 2012

Does anyone know of a company that will help with ideas to come to the shelves?

freddymac Dec 28, 2011

If a business operates on the mission statement that the customer is always right and someone is not pleased with their end product, you should attempt to satisfy them instead of continue to charge them to help them, correct?? This seems to be an alien thought to some people and corporations!!! What is wrong with our society when this happens?? Maybe that is why other countries are pulling away from us in this technology age. The bright "common" inventors are being used and abused for corporate profits.

• Er
    Erin Shea Nov 10, 2011

They didn't get any of my money, but they wanted almost $800 to start up the process. And that was just to see if they could get a company interested in my idea. After that it could cost like $8000 to $15, 000 to see it through and maybe more. I understand that it does cost money to invent, come up with the prototype, etc, but they can make their money after it starts selling, I would think. I told him that I was hesitant and not wanting to go through with it and I got a snotty email. So, I sent him one back and told him to stop calling me. He called a few more times after that and I recognized the number and I just never answered. It has now been a few weeks since he has called. I am glad I did not give him any money.

Comment Guidelines