Data DepotWORTHLESS CRAP

N

This company is nothing but a FRAUD. I paid $475 for a list, the section that I need had roughly 400, 000 contacts. After all the duplicates and multiple listing for company's were removed, I had only about 8, 000 which is 2% that may work. I called and talked to Scott who by the way answers every line. Wether it be sales or support. The accounting mailbox was full. I told him my problem and he said he would process a refund and about 3 seconds later he said it was denied. I said how can you know that already. He said all sales are final. I sent them 47 emails over several days and had no response from any of them, when I told him this he said I see that you sent 6 messages, my point was that NO ONE called me or ever intended to call me back. I think if you use there system they obvioiulsy fix the numbers so it looks better than the actuals. He said that maybe my email was black listed, I assured him it was not and that I have sent plently of emails in the past with no problem. I tried sending just 2, 000 about 100-200 at a time and I've had over 700 rejected and there still coming in. WHAT A JOKE!!! Don't waste you time or $$. When you call ask to speak with someone other than Scott - I did talk to a Vanessa once but never heard from her again. I guess their taking shifts answering the phone in their one bedroom apartment.

• Su
    Sunigoff Aug 01, 2016

This monthly transaction was canceled on July 10th 2012. They billed me $100.00 on 8/13/12. I called and spoke to the owner and he said that he would take care of it and refund the amount. A week later it didn't happen, so I called and spoke to him (Chad Black) again and he apologized and said to email him at: [email protected] and [email protected], so I once again did on 8/29/12. They still haven't refunded the $100.00. After hours of research, I noticed tons of complaints with this company and regret doing business with them.

christianne2334 Oct 19, 2012

First let me commend the the same day delivery of my email list order.Excellent.The quality of your leads is 100%.After few hours, There are loads of responses. Wonderful.

I just purchased another list.

Christianne

• Da
    Dave 94302 May 22, 2012

Data Depot sells low quality lists at a very low cost.
    If you are a sophisticated database person, you can get good value from their service.
    I can't speak for their e-mailing service, but I have been satisfied with the lists I bought.
    Given the price, having to use PERL and vi to hack the datasets was worth it.

Cheap advice: If you do not known what PERL and vi are, you probably should not buy from Data Depot.

• Tr
    Tracy Lee M Feb 27, 2012

This company is very sketchy. You can't talk to a live person. They make all of the promises and can't deliver. They sell you an email list that doesn't even work. Most of the emails bounce. Then to top it off - once you contact to cancel, they continue to charge you. I would definitely not use this company.

• De
    Denise342 Jun 21, 2011

Yes, I've also been had but, it is my own fault. Why didn't research a site like this BEFORE I gave them my money? Why didn't I read the REFUND POLICY beforehand? I purchased a list of 14, 014 names and 9, 184 of them were duplicates. I sent out my first batch of emails and 80% bounced back undeliverable. When someone has a policy of NO REFUNDS, as Data Depot does, they are telling you right off the bat that their product is crap and they don't stand behind it. Let the buyer beware.

Annaa1 Jun 05, 2011

Email Marketing is generally perceived as a batch and blast tool to achieve marketing goals for almost no cost which is unfortunate. Data Depot, like many other list vendors are typically 'a vendor'. It is up to the marketers how they make best use of email lists.
    Personally, I never use email lists for promotional work; instead, I use to promote the company profile/page/groups etc. across social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube etc.

• Ju
    Julian Lo Apr 12, 2011

Try www.customlists.net. The sample looks decent.

• Et
    ethicalmarketer Apr 12, 2011

Too many complaints clearly mean the competitors aren't happy with the progress of DataDepot :-)
    Most of the complains above are nothing but spam. Some 'try to look smart' Social Media Mangers are trying to play some sort of poor game. I call these people to be 'Reputation Destroyers'
    It's the third year we've been taking services from this company and we have got no major problems till date. To put is straight and simple, email marketing is not an easy game. Before you shoot your emails, there are a number of things to keep in mind. Email deliverability should be given the utmost priority; for you can take help online. There are a good few websites you can spend some time at.
    Every email list does not work; and you need to be very careful about selecting your list.

Good luck and good day.

• Ba
    Baudinet Feb 23, 2011

This company is nothing but a scam. The email listing provided to us was worthless... We canceled our account on the 1st of November 2010 but they keep on invoicing us $60 a month for an alleged "marketing service" to promote our business. We have run a claim through American Express but it was denied since DataDepot provided a copy of our initial agreement. The fact that we cancelled since doesn't seem to bother American Express...
    Would anyone has a solution other than cancelling our American Express account?
    Any official organization to contact?
    B. Audinet

• Ju
    Julian Lo Jan 25, 2011

DataDepot has poor quality listings. You will spend weeks to manually remove duplicates and correct spelling errors. You will not get your money back. Stay away. Trust me.

• Em
    emailreview09 Dec 14, 2010

The bottomline is that cheap e-mails are going to get you crappy results. However, datadepot is probably one of the worst out there but they seem to have a lot of google adword money. But if you're looking for quantity try emailinghouse.com.

• Ta
    Tampa2Enjoy Nov 17, 2010

I agree. I just gave them $250 of my money for nothing. Once you pay them money - kiss it goodbye. If you question this then call the company and enter 102 for support. The voice mail tells you to turn in an online ticket. They do this so they don't have to get back to you. The salesperson is the support rep working out of their home. I cannot believe people can steal money from other people and call it a business. Take the money you're going to give Data Depot and give to to someone who really needs it.

• Do
    Don w LeadLists Nov 10, 2010

I have a different take on this company. Was contacted by marketer who needed leads for permission-based email marketing. As it turns out we provided the leads and our customer had arranged service through DataDepot. The only problem we noticed was that the maximum file upload size was limited to 6MB and not the 50MB limit set by their front end software. I chose to be a technical resource for our leads client and sent tech support a request to modify the php.ini configuration file and shortly afterwards my customer called sales with DataDepot and spoke with a female and she offered to expedite the trouble ticket and modify the max file upload size. Also our customer mentioned that this service was recommended by two of his associates and that their pricing was very attractive. So, it's easy to complain but sometimes if you work constructively with businesses, you might find that they do offer value. Just me two cents.

• Pl
    Playintif1 Oct 01, 2010

Data Depot is a joke, a sham, do not do business. Acutally they are criminals who steal money from you.

• Fi
    FI Group May 04, 2010

Sent 50, 000 emails as a test. Almost 18, 000 got rejected. Though technologically, it seems like they have a system, along with tutorials, etc., their data is terrible and of course - no sales came out of it. Though i supposedly have 20 or so leads that actually opened the email.

Suffice it to say, they take the money and run. Sales is the only line that answers - and then they quickly transfer you to the recorded message that says use the website if you aren't spending money. No customer service and "to keep costs down - we only accept technical support on line" is the message you get for technical support.

About the testimonials, I was curious as well - also looked up and couldn't find - should have known better - but was looking for a deal and the site looked well put together along with all the bells and whistles - nevertheless... not good data + no customer service= not a company to deal with again.

• Mm
    mmmbbbggg Apr 29, 2010

so today, exactly 75 days after my last posting... guess what happened?

The email campaign that I could not get to deploy on February 16th somehow decided to run. I've had the pleasure of spending the entire day keeping my mail server unclogged from the (at minimum) 5, 000 "Message Delivery Failure" notifications. Averaging 10 to 50 per minute coming into my inbox.

And true to form, Data Depot has failed to respond to my urgent requests in a timely manner.

By the way, if you call and press x101 for SALES, someone will actually answer the phone. Doesn't mean they'll help though...

Double whammy... their "email service" doesn't work... and their data is also apparently outdated and/or inaccurate.

STAY AWAY FROM DATA DEPOT AT ALL COSTS.

• Kv
    kvsk Apr 09, 2010

We are got cheated by them totally. We have paid $700.00. They are not refunding. The software is not sending any preview mails. So what is the guarantee that they actual email send will work. They have not been cooperating with us at all. There is clause in the contract that all sales are final. They are not accredited via BBB also. I know each one alone we may not be able to do anything. How can we get out money back. kvsk51atyahoodotcom

• Di
    Disgruntledbydatadepot Mar 19, 2010

Total scam. Purchased list. They sent the wrong list. I put in a trouble ticket and got no response. Every call gets transferred to "technical support" which "to save money is only available through a trouble ticket." AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

• Mm
    mmmbbbggg Feb 12, 2010

guess I should have done my homework first. Bought my lists less than 30 days ago, and have been trying to log in to deploy a campaign all day. can't get thru to customer service - "submit a ticket" my @$$. Even the "forgot password" link doesn't work.

• Si
    sima90 Feb 04, 2010

Thanks for the information, was about to buy from them..can someone please tell where i can buy good email leads ..you can contact me: [email protected]

Simon

Joe Bagadonuts Jan 29, 2010

Did anyone have problems with there credit card? Double billed or extra charges?

• Gm
    G.MILLS Dec 17, 2009

THEY ARE A COMPLETE AND TOTAL SCAM! I HAVE AN IDEA WHY DONT WE ALL GET TOGETHER AND GO TO THE FL ATTY GENERAL AND PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS. OR FILE A CLASS ACTION CONSUMER PROTECTION SUIT THROUG LOCAL COUNSEL AND GET BACK ALL OF OUR MONEYS AND DAMAGES.

CONTACT ME AT: [email protected] TO DISCUS OUR OPTIONS.

I AM NOT LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN FL BUT I CAN GET THE BALL ROLLING AND WE CAN CHEAPLY SHARE THE COST OF A FL ATTORNEY TO GO AFTER SCOTT AND VANESSA.

IT IS TRUE THAT THEY ARE PROBABLY A 2 PERSON COMPANY IN THEIR ONE BEDROOM APARTMENT RUNNING THIS SCAM.

• Sh
    Shmoupy Dec 03, 2009

Thanks Everybody, I was going to spend some hard earned money with this jerk.

I'm looking for webmasters email addresess. If you know of a legit company, you could let me know @ [email protected]

• Af
    A Fair Dude Dec 01, 2009

Everything in my experience matches that of others here. Don't do business with Data Depot. Check the BBB filings and search the Web with the string - "data depot" rip-off - and see what you find.

• Sc
    Scott is a Criminal Nov 04, 2009

Never do business with this company. I have submitted a complaint with BBB and have disputed with my credit card company. It is a scam and I wish I had researched more before flushing my hard earned cash down the toilet. Scott is a thief and a liar.

• Bi
    big blue Nov 02, 2009

First they wouldn't and couldn't fix my problem with sending out e-mails. Then called me a ### when I didn't know how to fix the problem they were hired to solve. The most unprofessional and least customer oriented company I have ever dealt with. Their product is crap and they are useless.

• Je
    jelly140 Aug 24, 2009

This is the worst company on earth, avoid them if you can:
    I think I am starting to dislike data depot. Your mailing features come with absolutely no help, and when we call in all that is said is "have you submitted a ticket". Data depot is extremely unprofessional and your customer service team is unreliable. I have been hung up on and there are plenty of "trouble tickets" that have been submitted that are yet to be answered.

cheatedbydatadepotbiz Jul 14, 2009

Yes, this is not a company that intends to do business by offering good products or services but cheating. The man who answer your phone is both the salesperson and also technical support guy. He answers both sales and support lines. But he can not answer any of your questions but to ask you to submit a ticket that will never be replied. I purchased a email list and also used their email marketing software to send out newsletters. The result proved that I wasted my money. When I had a few technical issues, I called for a live support person, the same man appeared and told me to send email ticket. I sent them 4-5 emails but never got replied. Do not ever be fooled by their large banner testimonials on their website. If you search on google for any of the companies on the banner, they are not there at all. I doubt their clients include those big-name companies that are listed on their website. datadepot.biz should disappear for good and forever.

• Na