Cricket Wirelesscompany logo

Cricket Wireless

Cricket Wireless

Learn how the rating is calculated

2 518 complaints
142 resolved 376 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Cricket Wireless reviews & complaints 681 - 518

Cricket Wireless complaints 518

Cricket Wireless - discrimination all black staff poorly behaved

Consumers beware, don't hand your credit cards to these people. Go figure... The building is full of mold, filthy carpeting, dustmites & a staff that are poorly trained & behave...

Cricket Wireless - black balled for complaining

I have been a cricket communications client for over two years.
Months ago all three cell phone lines started having issues with the text messaging as well as the data. After 8 months of calls, tickets, emails, taking the phones to stores the texting was resolved.
For the last month I have attempted to no avail to resolve the data portion and was told by the technician who finally fixed the texting it was probably an equipment issue. I spoke with mr. Ojeda national sales operations manager at cricket regional customer operations manager at cricket communications on friday 12/9/11 and with the usual condescending attitude of the san diego office and similar accusatory voice I had received previously he stated our phones were in actuality not having any issues. I ended the conversation with him offering to meet him to show him the error messages two of the phones continue to receive and in hopes we could resolve this problem once and for all. He called me back and set up an appointment the next morning.

I met with the pete ojeda that saturday at one of the stores and provided him a detail list of site we attempted to go on both phones the day before, times and error messages. As we stood there, I also showed him on the spot the problems we were encountering just hear him say & ldquo;it seems you expect a 3g service when you have a 1g”, I explained that no, we simply wanted a service that did not have multiple daily messages when attempting to log on yahoo, hotmail ect. And he proceeded to amongst other things to inform my husband and I that and I quote:”you are receiving the service that you pay for and for the kind of phone that you have, this kind of issues are expected, you will not be able to get on many sites'

According to him even his wife had the same model phone [msgm8] with similar issues and all though there are pre-set settings one should not expect to actually access it.In his normal accusatory tone he scolded me for "my behavior by contacting his higher ups" after he stipulated your company would not do any further attempts to resolve this situation and he had received the okay from all his superiors to cancel our service and send us a letter of termination.

Today 12 days before christmas my daughter, husband and I awake to find that this kind of bulling strong arm tactics and intimidation are not rare with cricket communications a subsidiary of leap, as easily planted on every sight you go on when you goggle the company information. My phones all have been disconnected, this morning I made a $135 payment just to find out that the month they credited has been reversed and now I am being charged more than that and a full cancelation notice appears on the screen when you speak with customer service.

I have been sending emails to the corporate offices as well as executive team to no avail. 2 of the phones that still have issues were provided by the company when we continued to have issues with the texting and data in july 2011 and I purchased my android for $99.99 that same month which removed the data problem only. Up until november 2011 the texting had not been working properly on any of the three lines.

Sadly as with many clients who have worked hard for their phone service we are being bullied because yet again this corporation seems to believe that they can do as they please without any accountability virtually saying that you and your family do not deserve a reliable service with customer care. Help me and others say & ldquo;no more” to such practices and telling big corporations to remember that we are the reason they are so big, customer service is a right not a privilege!
Free to contact: pete ojeda regional customer operations manager at cricket at [protected] his cell [you will hear a sublime song but it is his cell] or stephanie at [protected] office number both work for the corporate office

Cricket Wireless - warranty

I payed for a warranty on my phone. The phone screen went black on me and when I went to get phone warrantied they told me that I had to pay $20 to send back to manufacture. Now with that said why did I pay for a warranty that doesn't do anything . Now I have no phone. I need something done about this, this is ridiculous why pay for something and then have to pay more when something goes wrong. Customer service don't even help out they are a joke along with the warranty company they said it's all on Cricket to get the phone warrantied. HELP

Cricket Wireless - my cricket wireless service terminated

My service and business account was terminated in less than a month after I paid the small monthly service fee due (A long time customer since they opened). My phone account number [protected] was terminated and given to a lady who stays in beaumont texas. The corporate division wants me to get a new number and I disagree but decided to move to a different service company. I did not request for this to happen to my previous listed number and the bill I pay on time at my local store. I paid for lost phones I purchased at this company and they are lost and have not been returned to claim at the store I registered my phone number to use them for. I paid a deposit for the phones and no issue was resolved.

You don't know If the number still with her to questions for me and be gone again.

Because I have the authority from the contract. Now be gone off this Profile.

I have been a cricket communications client for over two years.
months ago all three cell phone lines started having issues with the text messaging as well as the data. After 8 months of calls, tickets, emails, taking the phones to stores the texting was resolved.
For the last month I have attempted to no avail to resolve the data portion and was told by the technician who finally fixed the texting it was probably an equipment issue. I spoke with Mr. Ojeda National Sales Operations Manager at Cricket Regional Customer Operations Manager at Cricket Communications on Friday 12/9/11 and with the usual condescending attitude of the San Diego office and similar accusatory voice I had received previously he stated our phones were in actuality NOT having any issues. I ended the conversation with him offering to meet him to show him the error messages two of the phones continue to receive and in hopes we could resolve this problem once and for all. He called me back and set up an appointment the next morning.

I met with the Pete Ojeda that Saturday at one of the stores and provided him a detail list of site we attempted to go on both phones the day before, times and error messages. As we stood there, I also showed him on the spot the problems we were encountering just hear him say “it seems you expect a 3g service when you have a 1g”, I explained that no, we simply wanted a service that did not have multiple daily messages when attempting to log on yahoo, hotmail ect. and he proceeded to amongst other things to inform my husband and I that and I quote:”you are receiving the service that you pay for and for the kind of phone that you have, this kind of issues are expected, you will not be able to get on many sites'

According to him even his wife had the same model phone [msgm8] with similar issues and all though there are pre-set settings one should not expect to actually access it. In his normal accusatory tone he scolded me for "my behavior by contacting his higher ups" after he stipulated your company would not do any further attempts to resolve this situation and he had received the Okay from all his superiors to cancel our service and send us a letter of termination.

Today 12 days before Christmas my daughter, husband and I awake to find that this kind of bulling strong arm tactics and intimidation are not rare with cricket communications a subsidiary of Leap, as easily planted on every sight you go on when you goggle the company information. My phones all have been disconnected, this morning i made a $135 payment just to find out that the month they credited has been reversed and now I am being charged more than that and a full cancelation notice appears on the screen when you speak with customer service .

I have been sending emails to the corporate offices as well as executive team to no avail. 2 of the phones that still have issues were provided by the company when we continued to have issues with the texting and data in July 2011 and I purchased my android for $99.99 that same month which removed the data problem only. Up until November 2011 the texting had not been working properly on ANY of the three lines.

Sadly as with many clients who have worked hard for their phone service we are being bullied because yet again this corporation seems to believe that they can do as they please without any accountability virtually saying that you and your family do not deserve a reliable service with customer care. Help me and others say “NO MORE” to such practices and telling BIG corporations to remember that we are the reason they are so big, customer service is a right not a privilege!
Free to contact: Pete Ojeda Regional Customer Operations Manager at Cricket at [protected] his cell [you will hear a sublime song but it is his cell] or Stephanie at [protected] office number both work for the corporate office

Cricket Wireless - my phone was off for calling the 1-800-cricket

Okay it's Thanksgiving and I didn't use the phone to call anyone but everyone has text me but i still have $1.70 on the acct. For some reason i text my son and told him to call me and i'l pick him up, Around 9pm no call so i got worried and tried calling out and the phone is off. What is going on? So i called the representative and explain the dilemma and they credited me a $1.00 but an Hr later they cut my phone off cause i called the 1-800-cricket number so i'm puzzled and upset, They don't want to credit my acct now so what can i do, I spend $150.00 on a prepaid phone, I'm tired of Cricket!

Cricket Wireless - zte score

We just purchased a Cricket ZTE Score and when it arrived yesterday we fully charged it as recommended. When I tried to activate it I could not do anything on the screen and the screen kept going blank and powering down. Called customer service and they after going through several steps with them they told us that they had had several complaints about this particular phone. So why is it still on the market? Now they tell us we have to send it back and it will cost us for the shipping, which will not be reimbursed...I am NOT a happy camper!!! Considering stay with Verizon!

I have the ZTE score phone. The charger port broke on it. the sales rep at cricket told me the charger ports are defective, The manufactures are aware of it. The did several test on it and now they have a new model with an improved port. I tried to find out what they plan on doing about it and they just give me the run around about calling the store and the insurance and they will send me another one. Another defected port phone why would i do that. cant get anywhere with the company. Do not buy ZTE poor customer service

I went in to change the motherboard due to the fact that the charging port broke and after the new motherboard the phone is doing the same thing of shutting off without notice and I have to restart it to have it on again. I had been pleased with the phone and now that I am having these troubles I miss a lot of calls and am not assured that my alarm will go off. My ZTE score is getting to be my headache. I am going to call Cricket to see what they are going to do about this. If nothing then I will start looking for another company.

Cricket Wireless - money transfer no delivery

I have purchased the boom boom cricket gear on reebok club on alibaba website. And he said 400 dollars plus shipping nz. I payed in western union. And I payed he said he will ship 4 days and it been 2 weeks now havent have any think deliverd to my house. This is my first time on the website please help me please please please ??

I had got intrested in his items of reebok clubs items. / and I emailed him to buy them... Then we had it success. I told him I will pay next week and I did. He keeps emailing me to say when r u going to pay. I said thursday. Then he said thursday ok that is permanent. I said I will pay on thursday for honest. And he gave me his bank details of western union. He keeps telling me to pay the money I replyed to him and said I am I am. Then I went to the western union office to pay the money to his western union details. Then I emailed him the money controll number. He then emails me and say im going to western union office and recieving the money after 5 hours. He then says after 5 hours I will deliver your stuff and recieve the money and send me the tracking number. Then next 5 hours he then sends me the tracking number. I have tryed it and it dosent work I try to email him and he never replys for about 2 weeks. I emailed him again and he never replyed. And I had a feeling he was a bad dealer I went on alibaba.com and searched his company name reebok club and it said no results foung. I had a feeling he recieved my money and dont want to send my stuff and deativated his account. He is maybe thinking I recieved the money and I dont need to send it because he is in another country. The whole thing cost 400nzd.. He just keeps bugging me to reply to his email and I did but when I emailed him to reply he never reply. The first time he emailed me was when I havent paid yet he said your shipping will be approximatly 3 to 4 days door to door and ive been waiting for 2 weeks havent seen it I try to email havent replyed back to me I checked his name on alibaba.com no results found because I think he deactivated it. I dont want to waste my money please help please help help help

I'm sorry to tell you this, but you have been scammed. He took your money and will never ship your stuff.
If someone insists on using Western Union, it is most likely a scam. I hope you learned your lesson and won't send money with Western Union anymore. It is almost ALWAYS a scam.

Cricket Wireless - worst service ever

So my mom decided to switch us to cricket because they were cheaper and well all i have to say WORST service of my life literally terrible nothing good about it doesn't send half my texts blocks my caller id like when someone calls all that comes up is "unknown" regardless if i have that person saved or not the internet doesn't work almost all the time i hate this network if you want good service t mobile i where to get it a little pricier but defiantly worth it im switch back i hate cricket with a burning passion this service has complicated everything when it comes to cell phone and lets not talk about how few calls go through!

Cricket Wireless - automatic payment

This mobile phone company has a service (supposedly) so rhat you can pay your bill phone using your bank account. When you get to the point of putting your checking account info in, they send you to a customer service representative where they charge you $5.00 for this service. By using the automated service, the cost would only be $2.00. This has been in place for a long time, but I can never use the automated payment system. They always send me to an agent who takes your check informatiion and then adds $5.00 to the payment. Can something be done?

Cricket Wireless - slowness

I understand ppl when they complain of Cricket or any other slow internet service with limited bandwidth. As I was doing some research concerning how slow Cricket internet was I had come across a site that really helped. It explained that if people are having problems with cricket modem being so slow try downloading the OPERA BROWSER. It has a powerful new feature called, "Opera Turbo". Opera Turbo is designed specifically for Internet users that are on slow or "limited-bandwith" connections. Hope this helps.

Cricket Wireless - scam

Cricket is the worst cellular service I have ever used. *611 is supposed to connect you to customer care but it is an automated system that only sends you back to the main menu. Dialing the phone return line at [protected] will get you a live person but they are uncooperative and dishonest. Most attempts at escalating to a supervisor result in disconnection. I did get through to a supervisor and requested the $20 credit I was offered by customer service agent Gerard but they had no record of it. I requested that the recording of the call be reviewed and was told that it would take 24-48 hours. 7 days later they had no record of any call being made or my request. They had no problem pulling up my balance due, but could never seem to find any of the notations regarding the credit. Cricket is dishonest and unwilling to correct their own errors.

Cricket Wireless - cs / billing despute

Called the so-called CS dept. regarding a billing depute. What an unholy mess! The details: Bought their 55.oo bb service with router. paid $160 total for router and 1 month of service. Looked at my account on line and they showed I still owed $55.00, even though I paid their franchisee, etc. One of their CS drones essentially read from his script what my billing was how it worked, etc, and never went off script despite the fact that I was disputing the bill. For example, I asked, "How can you charge for a billing cycle that runs from August 8 - September 6, when I didn't purchase the modem and 1 month of service until August 20? Undeterred the CS drone stayed on script and continued to recite my bill to me, completely ignoring my question. I finally managed to explain -- somehow-- that I was disputing this and the poor, underpaid 3rd world slave, told me to send my "documentation, " gave me the fax, etc. Sent all that and, as you might guess -- nothing changed. Call them again, about a week later, got another CS drone with more terrible english, who basically did what his peer drone did -- recited my bill back to me. I asked for a supervisor, who did the same thing untill I demanded that she verified recipt of the faxed documents. Well, Laudy, laudy, she couldn't find them. I just started laughing uncontrollably. Because at this point I realized I was in the presense of insanity and corporate exploitation of ignorant 3rd world workers who are either unable to or forbidden to think off script. My service is ok, but their CS is non-existant in any real sense; it is just a marketing gimmick. Only dupes think the CS drones can actually help. My advise: pay your bill if your service works, if not cancel it, and find another carriier.

Hi,

My name is Danny on behalf of Cricket Wireless.

We're sorry to hear that your customer service experience was not a positive one. If you're having trouble communicating over the phone with a customer service representative, we suggest going to your closest Cricket full service corporate store so we can better assist you with any problems you might be having.

Danny on behalf of Cricket

Cricket Wireless - disrespect of customer in the presence of other customers

Ihave to say the expereince I had when I purchased my phone was great. The young man was very helpful and asked all of my questions. I purchased my phone on Aug 19 aat 4:59 pm. However the second one...

Cricket Wireless - customer service

I have had Cricket Wireless for almost 3 years; for the past 5 months I have been dealing with my payment being wrong. I pay $1.25 per month for them to send me a paper bill and every month the paper...

Cricket Wireless - re: file lawsuit

Got a new cell phone on the 14th of july it keep taking a time out and cutting off. I went into the store on the next day up until today and knowone can help me they saying its over the talk time. When everytime we went into the stores i ask them to keep the phone and give me a loaner. They going to get a lawsuit slap on them tired of the issue.

Ahh the threat of a lawsuit, the calling card of a [censored].

Cricket Wireless - poor service!

Iam having trouble, with my phono, but no one is there to give you a option, they get the money and thean they tell you what you had to do, ats bad, and had to put a two way line, they were supost to...

Cricket Wireless - stole my money!

Okay so I have a Cricket pay-go phone. A phone that requires no contract. I pay $35.00 on the 17th of every month for my basic phone. I've had Cricket for a couple of months now and have never had...

Cricket Wireless - No signal only bill

Crickets CS is a complete sham, first I had them incorrectly bill me, then when I called and over 10 phone calls later, they said they were sorry and would adjust the bill. Oh and did they, over the next 3 days the bill went from my standard $103. to over $200.!!
At first I thought it was due to the fact that most of their customer service employees do not speak English, which would explain some of it, but not the fact they can't subtract only add (or that just their "policy"??). After about 20 more phone calls, they managed to get it down to $108. so I paid it. That was just the begging of my nightmare though...my roommate (who is terminally ill and on oxegon machine) moved recently 3 blocks from where we had lived for 3 years. The first night in our new location, he had trouble breathing and I had to call 911...our only phone (Cricket)kept losing the signal and fading out...while trying to give location to the 911 operator!!! Finally I ran outside and to the curb to try to hold a signal and was only able then to communicate to our address and condition of patient. I called Cricket and (standing in the street )to report the problem, but kept losing the signal the next day and everyday following that, so drove to the nearby Cricket store where employee was turning away customers, because she could not get a signal to activate new customers phones!! I then proceeded to try to connect to cricket online without luck because broadband service kept going out, and so finally after about 50 attempts using Crickets Products to reach Cricket was able to keep connection long enough to talk to tech support for phone, who turned out to be a woman with poor English skills, and could not stop reading from her script and was absolutely robotic in her answers-which 90% of the time did not answer anything or assist to remedy the no signal issues. Okay-she was a complete ###, tired of the nicesties...finally I demanded to speak with her supervisor and she let me...after 15 minutes additional a guy named George said, are you anywhere near Nashville?? OMG!! Supposedly after this conversation I was being placed on high priority and they told me they would call me back to fix the problem...over 10 days later...NO CALL!! Tow other friends with Cricket in my same area are having the same issues...still... need;ess tp say Cricket is going bye bye...but after looking at all the Consumer Complaints filed against alot of companies doing business in AZ, I am beginning to wonder who is really at fault for this disgusting and wrongly named customer service?? Isn't there a government agency being paid by us tax payers suppose to be watching over all this?? That's my next phone call...that and 3 TV!!

Just located www.consumercompliantsagency.org online and found this results when entering Cricket Communications!
Complaints Filed Against: "Cricket Communications" (1 complaint located)

Cricket Communications
1338 S. Country Club Dr.
Mesa, AZ 85210

We have located 1 complaint against this business. This business presently maintains an unsatisfactory rating with the CCA. Consumers are advised to use caution when dealing with this organization.

Cricket Wireless - lying customer service reps and bad services

I contacted cricket about getting service for myself and my wife, when i first called them the customer service rep was very helpful and answered all of my answers. I asked if they gave refunds if the serivce didn't work out and they said yes they would refund both the phones and service as long as the phones had been used less then 30 mins and i cancelled the service within the first week. They also told me that they used the same towers sprint does to increase their cell phone range which I was happy about becuase we get strong sprint signals in the home. They charged me for every thing including my first month bill right up front. As soon as we got the phones we realized we were going to have problems we could not get and signals in the house or at my job. The phones didn't ring at all we just got messages that there was a missed call. The people we called could not hear us and after about 2 mins of yelling into the phone can you hear me, the call was dropped. That same night I called the customer service and I was told by a customer service rep they would refund me for my phones I just had to mail them back. But then she told me I should not have been charged for my monthly bill until after the first month was up but to get refunded I had to go into a cricket store with my proof of payment, when I told her to cancel my plan she then told me she couldn't do that did not refer me to anyone else just told me to go to my local store. So the next day I went into my local cricket store and was told something completely different. 1) they always charge you're first bill up front. 2) they are a "prepaid" cell phone company and do not give refunds under any circumstances. 3)there are 2 different 1800 numbers and only one is actually cricket the other one just sales their items and signs you up (but doesnt know their policies yet they answer customer service questions and never refers you to the real cricket customer service number) 4) anything sold online has to be taken care of online if there are any problems you cannot go into you're local store and handle it (unless its paying you're bill or cancelling you're phone plan) and finally 5) for me to even be considered for a refund i have to fill out request forms send them in and then wait 6-8 weeks just to be denied for a service I couldn't use and barely had for 24 hours. So I left the store went to the post office mailed the package with the phones certified mail that way they cannot lie about never recieving it and refusing me a refund on phones I barely put 10 mins on, then i contacted my bank and disputed the charges for the service which I am now in the process of fighting. Cricket is a company full of liars and thieves as long as I am concerned and if you were smart you would go somewhere else.

Cricket Wireless - cricket

I purchased two phones at the Smoketown Rd store in Woodbridge, Va totaling over 500 dollars. My main concern about purchasing the Muve Phone was the battery life..I was told by the sales rep Joseph that the battery life was better than the LG Optimus because to the music that was not the truth..I have to charge the battery 3 times in one day after making a few short 3 to 5 minute calls..that's with out playing music..I also wanted my number from T-Moble ported was told it would take 3 hrs 4 days went by after I tried calling the Tech support to port my number..I than went to the store and was told that i could not exchange the phone because I had talked over 30 min. the 30 mins I talk were to Cricket and was given another battery and told that it would be another 24 hrs before my number would be ported. The temporary did not work well. Some calls I would receive and some told the caller that the number was disconnected. I can not begin to tell you the frustration and and disrespect I have received by your Sales and customer service department. I mean when I went in the store to ask if I could at least exchange the phone I told me didn't you read the sign you were here long enough when you purchased and when he exchanged my battery he cut up the little charm he had given me free and said ur not getting this back. The customer service over the phone was just as rude, because none of the two numbers for my phone are showing my information was told look I can't help you if you don't have the correct number to pull up your account. I am asking you that in this hare economic time to refund my money for the Muve phone I purchased and the first month bill. I will keep the Optimus I purchased for my daughter. However I hope can understand why I do not wish to keep this phone if not please allow me to exchange for another phone and have a satisfied customer opposed to a very very dissatisfied one.

1  ...  17 18 19  ...  26