Complaints & Reviews

Continuous billing for canceled product

On Nov 14, 2014 I ordered a credit report from Experian through Credit.com. The trial membership was for $1.00. The monthly was $29.95 unless canceled within 30 days. I called back and canceled within 7 business days. I have been charged $29.95 every month starting with December. I only noticed it when I decided to take a close look at my monthly banking statement. I called Experian to inquire as to why they were billing me, and they then explained that this is a "migration" account and they were never told by credit.com that the service was canceled. (I absolutely canceled the service). I explained that I had a financial relationship with credit.com and that's who I called to cancel the service and was never aware that I needed to call Experian also. Since the only documentation to cancel is via phone call, it seems convenient to say, "there is no record of your call." I'm out of $398.00 and they offer to refund me $29.95. This seems deceptive at best.

Credit

I have filed a complaint with the Attorney General's Office and Fraud Dept. at my financial institution and I suggest all who were defrauded of funds from their accts unauthorized transactions for credit reports do the same. I DID finally contact ALEX at credit.com which is another website affiliated under the phone number [protected] (make sure you dial the 1) and they are refunding my 14.95 within 3-7 business days. I am furious! It took me alot of research...HOURS to find out WHO mni*creditreport.com was and it linked back to many websites created to include credit.com. This is inexcusable FRAUD. I should also charge them with the time I spent on a workday to research what happened and how to get my money back. If I do not see it refunded in 3-7 days...there will be bear for dinner. At this point I am looking at charges to be filed. Imagine everyone who may have had overdraft charges on accts or just do not know yet. Millions of $$$$ for fraud and bank resources. SOMEONE NEEDS TO pay attention! Always check your balances and unauthorized transactions.

• Be
    belgia Sep 27, 2010

DO TELL...just got an email from the 866-883-3309 after my phone call aliases credit.com, billed under mni*creditreport.com. Says no further charges will occur but did not state like they did on the phone that I was refunded and I never CHOSE them. Never asked for the service or reports. We will see in 3-7 days.

Email from then says and I quote:

"We're sorry to lose you!

This email serves as confirmation that we have canceled your CreditWatch™ credit monitoring service with CreditReport.com.
    Your cancellation confirmation number is: 7079891
    The cancellation is effective immediately and no further credit monitoring fees will be charged to your credit card.
    Should you change your mind and wish to reinstate your CreditWatch™ credit monitoring service at any time, simply log in to the member's area with your user name and password and choose the Activate Credit Monitoring option.
    Alternatively, call us toll-free at (866) 883-3309 or email us at [email protected]
    Thank you for choosing CreditReport.com for your credit protection and management needs."

• Be
    belgia Sep 27, 2010

Email came from CreditReport.com <[email protected]>

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices