Courts Singaporenever ending repayment

M Sep 03, 2018

Dear Sir/Ma'am,
I am writing to you imploring for assistance. A little background on my situation; I had purchased some items from Courts in December 2011. My first installment was due on Feb 2017 however in my stupidity and lack of clarity of mind, I had lapsed the payment due to Courts. Subsequently, the account was handed over to GTL (Guan Teck Lim) which was then given to the bailiffs to remove the items from my home; i.e., couch, refrigerator, washing machine, stereo (and some other items I cannot remember). I did ask for the list of items removed from my home as well as the breakdown of the cost of the items that would go to paying for the amount owing to Courts. I was told by GTL that the breakdown of the items as well as the cost and the balance due would be sent to me; till date I have yet to obtain anything. This has been going on for some months now, and every time I called GTL, I am given the runaround. GTL says they have no emails to correspond with and can only do so via calls; so how do I be able to track our conversations? Left with no other choice, I approached Courst via email again and asked for the SOA. They had sent me the SOA albeit by mistake (the officer sent another email to tell me to "forget" about the email). In the SOA dated, for the transaction date 2/8/17, it showed a balance of $1802.37. This is one year ago from today. Based on that I would have paid off all the monies owing to Courts and would be deemed free and clear. However, I received a text message from Revelation Force (i believe) telling me about the monies I owed. At this juncture let me say this, the payment for the month of Aug 2018 was held off so I could get someone to call me. That is when this person contacted me and told me the amount owing was $302.37. He then said he will confirm with Courts again. The next I hear from this person I owe something to the amount of $3500. How is that possible? What have I been paying thus far? I am being harassed both mentally and emotionally. My family life is affected and I feel I am on the verge of a mental breakdown. When I asked this person about the supposed monies owing, all he said was he can't reveal and can only say this is the total amount, however if I were to pay off $3200 in cash (in one time), the account would be closed.

• Updated by Courts Singapore · Sep 03, 2018

Dear Mj Mohan,

Good day to you and thank you for contacting COURTS.

We appreciate your time in highlighting this to us and we value your feedback.

Please accept our utmost apology for the unpleasant experience you have encountered and we understand your frustrations with regards to this incident.

Please assist to provide us with your account number so we can check our records and investigate this matter with the relevant department.

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!

Best Regards,
    Rhea
    Customer Service Specialist

COURTS (Singapore) Pte Ltd
    (a subsidiary of COURTS Asia Limited)
    50 Tampines North Drive 2, Singapore 528766

• Updated by Mj Mohan · Sep 04, 2018

Hi Rhea,

please find attached for the receipt for recent payment made.
    the account number is listed in the receipt

• Updated by Courts Singapore · Sep 05, 2018

Dear Mj Mohan,

Good afternoon!

We thank you for providing us the receipt. We understand that the concern has been settled and the relevant department has already contacted you.

Please accept our sincerest apology again, on the inconvenience you may have experienced.

Should you need our assistance in the future, you may reach us at 1800 2226868 or email us at [email protected]

Thank you and have a great week ahead!

Best Regards,
    Rhea
    Customer Service Specialist

COURTS (Singapore) Pte Ltd
    (a subsidiary of COURTS Asia Limited)
    50 Tampines North Drive 2, Singapore 528766