Country Inn And Suitesunauthorized credit card charge

L

On May 7, 2009 Country Inn & Suites of Calabasas, CA
inappropriately charged my Discover card $150. They allege that someone
smoked in one of our two guest rooms. They posted the charge more than
24 hours after we checked out of the hotel without ever discussing the
matter with anyone in my party of four, none of whom smoke.

I called the hotel to object and was told that their policy requires 3
hotel employees to verify the infraction and someone from the hotel to
tell one of the guests about it. This was not done. In addition, when
I called them they identified me with the wrong room.

Finally, they promised many times to get back to me with verification,
but did not do that either.

More Country Inn And Suites Complaints & Reviews

• Dl
    dlakers Aug 04, 2009

My question is do you smoke?

• Js
    jsfels Dec 22, 2009

I too have been overcharged at the Camp Springs, MD Hotel for $102.00. I changed my reservation and stayed there for five nights but a month later, I was charged for a night's stay, I presume because they never canceled my old reservation when they rescheduled. The manager has apologized and has told me that it would be corrected but after a couple months, this has never occurred. The hotel's rooms were very clean but that's all that can be said favorably about this hotel. I had very expensive International award-winning cheeses shipped to this hotel. Although they were signed for, no one could locate them. I attempted for two straight hours to get a totally non- sympathetic desk clerk to help me. They cheeses were located but it an destroyed my night! A second desk clerk was about as rude as you can get. If you're on business, I recommend you stay somewhere else.
    Scott
    Corvallis, OR.

marcer Aug 26, 2013

Hotel staff shortage, staff does not care about training new employees.
    Manager is new, Manager says is it's new employees job to ask what to do.
    Are you kidding me?
    The long time employees (the few they have) know how, they are the eyes and ears of the hotel
    But, they don't care if new employee is trained in and occupied for the remained of the shift .

• Li
    liberty1776 Aug 26, 2013

That is the sign of a lazy and incompetent Manager...