Core Elements dubaiScam

J

Well, Firstly they call you up on weekends, secondly, none of their numbers are working. I did not register my resume with them, nor did I apply for a position with them. I asked for a detailed job description, could not get it online either. I called them up and was told to pay an amount for registration - and that in itself is illegal in Dubai.

I called a few reputed recruitment consultants in Dubai and had to hear that they had many similar incidents, needless to say I did not go for the interview...
Beware of agencies in Dubai who ask for money from applicants, and one more tip. Google any company that ask you for an interview.

• Do
    dorissai123 May 13, 2011

Dubai is a rip off country, keep out of dubai, they steal, defraud and anything to steal your money keep out.

• Sh
    shargeel May 07, 2011

thanks to my all brothers and friends.i also recevived interview cal from madam afshan many peopole told me this is fake i can not agree with him but after reading your comments i agree they are fake actuallay when receive her cal on friday i go in doubte.thanks my freiends i sae my money from that mothers fakers

• Vi
    Vindanfa Mar 06, 2011

Hi Friends,
    Yes i agree with above statements 1 year or 18 months before Core elements called me for job interview and asked money for some joining fees something and i paid and till now i haven’t got any single call for Job Interviews and also they called my wife who's looking for job.
    Actually i placed Ad in Gulf News may be they saw and called her.

• Su
    sureshan001 Feb 16, 2011

today I got a call from core elements, first they said I will be meeting the client, when the sms came it mentioned I will be meeting the client, I become suspicious check their website found no landline numbers but only mobile, become all the more suspicious, started googling out the name for farzana shaikh, ended up here, thx buddies; tmrw I am not going saved one holiday, a rare thing you get in UAE

• Gc
    GCA Jan 22, 2011

Hi, I have been just saved from this trap, i had got a call from them on friday and have been told that there is an job opportunity and they will be taking an interview on the client behalf. I had asked for the job profile for which i got an answer saying that she does not hav an internet access. it was just a coincidence that i wanted to see about this consultancy in google, the first thing i saw was "Core Elements dubai Complaints - job scam "
    thank you who ever brought to our notice.

job guy 123 Jan 17, 2011

Dear Sir / Madam

I am in Dubai on a visit visa for a job hunt. On Monday I received a call from the number [protected] where a lady asked me to come for an interview on Tuesday. She asked me the time that is convenient to me and I said 10 Am and she said to come over at that time. When I asked her the job position I am called for and address details, she did not tell anything about it but said I will be send a text message containing all the information.

Later that day I got a message from the same number that gave the address of the said place which is :-

Core Elements Management Consultancy
    Office # 2309, 23rd Floor
    Grosvenor Commercial Office Tower, same tower as Noor Islamic Bank
    Before Crowne Plaza Hotel
    Sheikh Zayed Road ( near world trade center metro station )
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Contact number :- [protected]/[protected]

Interviewer : Ms Sheikh

I was suspicious from the beginning so searched the internet and got to know the fraudulent activities of the client.

Please let me know as to how could i assist the Government against such Company.

Yours Sincerely

job guy 123 Jan 17, 2011

Dear Sir / Madam

Core Elements Management Consultancy
    Office # 2309, 23rd Floor
    Grosvenor Commercial Office Tower, same tower as Noor Islamic Bank
    Before Crowne Plaza Hotel
    Sheikh Zayed Road ( near world trade center metro station )
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Contact number :- [protected]/[protected]

Interviewer : Ms Sheikh

Yours Sincerely

• Ke
    Kentabs Jan 06, 2011

Dear All, I am also a victim. I went for an interview last Dec 2, 2010. Amy mentioned that I was shortlisted for Kanon Company as a project manager. Because of my excitement to get the job, I paid the aed300 fee. I still have with me the pink receipt. Please call me up guys if we need to complain to the authorities and put them in jail. Contact me at [protected]. Let's unite to kick their smart [censor].

• Co
    Comex Dec 24, 2010

This is a fraud company gathering information from recruitment agencies and looting job hunter. Beware!

• Ka
    Kaptain Mirza Dec 03, 2010

Same happened with my brother, he is SAP CRM consultant with considerably nice experience. He went to core elements when it was in Moosa Tower on Shaikh Zayed Road.
    Interestingly, my brother was in pyjamas and slippers and that was his interview attire. He was asked for his resume which he supplied to this lady who was busy hunting her ear with her bare fingers.

Later after acing his interview, he was then asked for some sweet dish in form of AED 150, which he said that would pay it after he gets the first salary.

That company didn't come back again.

• Ka
    Karunan Dec 03, 2010

I got call today morning (03/12/2010) fore Core Elements and informed me that I have shortlisted and interview is in their office and the Client will be in their office tommorrow for interview from 9 A.M to 5.30 P.M . I started to ask her about the company and also asked why the client is coming to your office for interviewing (As this is the first time hearing about clients like this especially they have their own office in Dubai). she told that it is the procedure they normally do. First she tried to fix an appointment, when I didn't confirm the time, she told that client is ready to take interview whenever you reach Dubai because I have to come from Abu Dhabi. Evening at 7P.M I got the text message regarding location Grosveenor commercial office tower, same tower as the Noor Isamic bank Office #2309, contact no: [protected] and the interviewer name is Amy Brown. Same time I received the message, I just surfed google the name of the agencies, there I got details about the Scam. Thanks to all for posting their experience. Now I have cancelled my trip to Dubai.

• Sc
    Scam Proof Dec 02, 2010

I got a call yesterday from Core Elements to meet Farzana Shaikh today @ 9am on Dec2, 2010( a public holiday) I was told on the phone that I would be meeting the client which I found strange, as no employee from any comany would agree to conduct an interview on a public holiday . Anyway, to get them benefit of the doubt, I went to the interview, I never met Farzana Shaikh, but I did meet a decent looking white South African woman called Amy ( her so called husband works in the hotel industry and she claims she gets paid overtime to scam on public holidays ), who conducted a ' so called interview', for the Kanon group of companies in Jebel Ali( which does not exist by the way) She seemed friendly enough but her response to my questions were inconsistent, so I could tell she did not know what she was talking about . She asked if I wanted to employ their services to tweak my cv and ensure I am shortlisted by their client, which would cost me Dhs 300. Dis she think that they can scam everyone they meet, she tried a couple to solicit a commitment, which she did not get . So tough luck Amy - you missed out on your ( over time :) ) Dhs 300 Boo Hoo !!! Shame on you Amy, Farzana Shaikh at Core Elements for scamming poor Dubai residents out of their hard earned cash. Stick to cleaning the toilets in your office or other peoples offices that way you will have at least earned an honest buck !!!

• Ff
    fff4 Nov 07, 2010

i have the same experience.same text message call to their building and even they have receipt for them accepting cash.till now nobody called me.

• Az
    AzeeDxb Oct 27, 2010

Got a call from a lady today and a text msg just a few mins ago.
    All the same details with the name of the interviewer Farzana Shaikh contact no. [protected]

Glad I did a google search and found so many complaints regarding them. Shame on these people! Dubai Govt. should really do something about them.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences.

• Go
    Gordon Reilly Oct 20, 2010

Good Afternoon fellow complainer, I to fell victim to CORE ELEMENTS I was contacted on the 8/10/2010 by a lady called Ms Shaikh to attend a interview on the 9/10/10 at the Grosveenor commercial office tower, same tower as the Noor Isamic bank. During the interview Ms Shaikh wanted me to pay $300 to change my CV. I thought this was a bit unusual because I was alright short listed for a management position. Reading down thought the last page has really angered me. How is this so called company getting away with rapping off new and existing expats and building up there hopes . Something should be DONE to stop this from happen in the future. Lets go down to the so called office in Groveenor tower and demand an answer! anyone can not answer a phone or not respond to an email. Lets see what they do when we are down there.

Let me know what you guys think!!!

• Py
    PyaarVyaar Oct 16, 2010

I have got a call today - Saturday 16/10/10 at 4.30 pm. I have been asked to attend an interview tomorrow in Dubai. I received an SMS giving me the directions and a contact number of the person who will be interviewing me.Her name is Ms. Farzana Shaikh. I asked the girl who contacted me to send me an email, as I could not remember applying to any company with the name Core Elements. I was already sceptical as professional companies do not interview people at such short notice. The SMS gave me the website to refer to - when I checked their website, it had nothing to do with my profession. Then I came across this complaints page and have read everybody's comment on this company. Needless to say, I will not be going for the interview tomorrow. But one thing puzzles me - why are they still using the same name Core Elements to con people? Anyway, my sincere thanks to all of you who have warned the general public about this company - you have saved me a trip to Dubai and AED 150. God bless you all.

Abu Dhabi Engineer

• S7
    S_78 Oct 04, 2010

I was called yesterday for the same scam... it seems they are still operating... that is weird.
    I did not go to the interview after I read this...

• As
    Ashuembom Sep 13, 2010

There is a saying that God will always make a way.Yes he made it for me.CORE ELEMENTS or what ever the name.You have fail this time!!!.On September 13, 2010, i was call for an interview by a philipina agent of core elements scheduling an interview appointment with me. I ask for the location of the agency by mail but she told me, "she will sent me an sms through my mobile number late in the evening.At about 7.00pm, i received the sms and decided to do a pre interview research about the recruitment agency and position they were offering to me.Upon my search on the internet, i came across the complaint board and was amazed with the number of complaints i say.Let God punish this unlawful defaulters of the UAE labour law who go around deceiving job seekers of ghost jobs out there.Thanks very mush for all those who have made it an opportunity to place their comments on this website.

madiha Jul 11, 2010

hey i want to thank alll u guys for posting this on here, just today morning i got a call from core elements and was called for an interview for a position of a finance controller i was shocked its too gud to b true as i am a fresh graduate wid no experience i wz lk how cud i get a job like this.i was determined to go for the interview i randomly typed core elements on google n came across all da scam stories i got da call frm same no. and the lady Jodi was gonna interview me thnx u guys for savin my time and money

• Pr
    Praves Jul 03, 2010

Thanks guys, I too received cal from coreelements, that was yesterday ( Friday afternoon 3:00 pm, 2/07/010 ), i was just wondering that how come they call me on Friday bcz most of the companies are closed on Friday, i don't even register my CV on their site then i search in Google information about this agency. wen i saw u people are sharing your bad experience i really got shock, Guys y don't we complain to the police, so that other innocent people will save their time & money ...

• Um
    Umeshlodaya Jun 25, 2010

Yes I also agree with Core Elements, today is Friday as all companies are closed on Friday, they called and asked me to come for the interview tomoro and when i asked whether the interview is directly at any co. or ur placement so they have give very diplomatic answere,

Thank u so much to all of u for informing thru this complaintsboard as i already wasted money by such type of fake placement DUBAI GATE PLACEMENT, and i have paid AED 150.00 and i have not got any call.

Plz thoroughly take out the information about any rectruitment co. before going there. Plz spread this information so that everyone can b saved of being foolish with these companies.

• Aj
    Ajay DAlmeida Jun 04, 2010

These guys are a bunch of crooks! Never pay anyone for giving you a job. Its illegal in the UAE.

• Be
    bejk Apr 28, 2010

Dear Friends, dont jump into this trik...beware sont give money to any consulatncy as the right people dont ask that...

• Sh
    sham_k010 Apr 19, 2010

I also got the call on 18/4/10 as my CV is matching the position and go for an interview.Then I was calling that number and nobody pickup.I search this telephone number in the internet and found this compnay is calling many person for an interview and not doing anything for them. The same word they are saying to everybody like you are selected for the post and come for interview.

• Vb
    vbhushan Apr 17, 2010

core elements, like hundreds like other placement agencies has no job or has no contact with companies in UAE. they are cheating helpless people who are seeking employment in UAE- both new comers and old residentss. every day in gulf news classifieds, you will find job advertisement saying "abc management and consultancy" etc and they even declare "no charges from the candidate". once you reach there, they will chaarge you definitely from dhs 50- 200 or even more.
    i have been a victim of core elements and 3 other consultancy. i have been living in this country for 10 years and seen such practices. in spite of being a highly skilled and qualified and experienced person, i have suffered a lot in search of right job. sadly, 80% of the Dubai companies are filled with poorly educated or poorly experienced employees and deserving people are suffering a lot. pity!

core elements does not have even a single vacancy, its is nothing but a big cheating organization filled with beautiful girls to tame you and so on...beware...

never pay money to any agency before you get employment visa...

dubai authorities should open their eyes and punish such agencies

• He
    heime Apr 03, 2010

Whaat!!! my friends... I almost been a victim of this scam as well, why until now they are operating, what's up... the authority...

• St
    Stephen liana Mar 30, 2010

I got a loan three days ago from a loan Financial institute firm via this email contact "[email protected]" you can reach them for a loan. Their loan terms are ease and fast in gaining your desired loan from them. I got this interesting website from New york times Job and other posting on loans.

• Mo
    MOMO72 Mar 07, 2010

MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I READ. I WAS CALLED YESTERDAY FROM CORE ELEMENTS [protected])BY A LADY CALLED JOHNA & SHE TOLD ME THE SAME EXACT CONVERSATION THAT HAPPENED WITH ALL THE PEOPLE WHO WROTE THE COMMENTS. MY INTERVIEW IS TODAY 07/03/2010 @ 3 PM (AND FOR SURE I AM NOT GOING) BUT IN A A NEW LOCATION SO BE CAREFUL ALL OF YOU OUT THERE. THE ADDRESS IS OFFICE #2309, 23 RD FLOOR GROSVENOR COMMERCIAL OFFICE TOWER, SAME TOWER AS NOOR ISLAMIC BANK, BEFORE CROWN PLAZA HOTEL, SHEIKH ZAYED ROAD, DUBAI CONTACT NO. [protected]/[protected], & THE NAME OF THE INTERVIEWER IS MS. JODI VAN DERBYL. IT SEEMS THEY ARE USING A NEW WEBSITE (WWW.COREELEMENTSMC.COM) & A NEW LOCATION & NEW PHONE NOS.
    GOOGLE IS GREAT & PLEASE ALWAYS SEARCH THE INTERNET BEFORE TAKING ANY ACTION.
    THANK YOU ALL FOR THE VERY USEFULL INFORMATION.

• Mh
    mhd_md Mar 04, 2010

I also got a call from them yesterday, but thanks to Allah, I found this page before going!!
    Thank you for the usefull information..

• Ni
    nina123 Jan 27, 2010

Nina,

God looks like they do not stop, I have just received a call one hour back from that guy Sunil, saying that I have sent them my CV and he is calling me for a Marketing Manager position !! I was confused for a second as I can not recall registering with them nor applying for Marketing Manager position, then he told me their address in SZR same as written in above comment, and asked me to get a CV copy along. But somehow I felt weird about the way he talked that gave me the impression that he was more into promoting the company rather than recruiting, so I decided to surf for info, and here I am found this blog and was amazed with all what you wrote!!!

I was supposed to be going to morrow, the Hell I won't !! Thanks guys for the warning, you should keep this on until Dubai takes severe actions against them. It is not the money I am objecting on, if they take money and provide service ok, but being a scam, this is something Dubai will never tolerate !!!

• He
    heiden Jan 11, 2010

hi there
    i also received a similar call yesterday asking me to attend the interview at Shk Zayed Road 23rd floor, Grosvenor Commercial Office Tower, off no2309 interviewer Farzana Shaikh..and i attended the interview..they told me that i am shortlisted and that i have to undergo two days training..and to pay Aed200/- luckily i didnt had that money and so i told them i will come and pay later to which they agreed. I was bit surprised by their ways..i surfed the net...and got info...thanks for the warning guys...
    deda

• Ha
    Hamlet Jan 06, 2010

Thank you all ...
    I have benefited from your comments and your experiences ... a lot
    I received a phone call from them yesterday ... I was lucky that I have done a search,
    I read what you wrote ... the fake interview was today but I did not go ...

• Ta
    Tammm Dec 21, 2009

Thanks for all of them whoever posted their comments about f**k Core Elements. As everyone mentioned i too received a call yesterday from a guy named Sunil. I have been shortlisted as a Electrical Supervisor and have to attend an Interview by tomw.

I told i cannot come by tomw as iam having work and asked how abt the next day. He then told no sir only tomw is possible for my interviewer (Ms.Farzana). He didn't give any time to think me off and he told u can come upto evening 7:30pm.

He sent me sms about the location of their office exaxctly Room#2309, 23rd floor Grosvenor commercial tower before Crown Plaza Hotel.

Atlast i planned to go for the interview. Finally i would like to see the location on the map so i checked them thru google and found this complaint board that this is really scam. I was shocked and cant believe. After reading all the comments i decided not to go.

This helped me so much and thanks to everyone by sharing their experiences and not let anyone to continue. Keep continue posting like these companies.

• Po
    Poweress Dec 21, 2009

Thank god i visited this blog on CORE ELEMENTS SCAM. I too received a call today from a lady by the name of Grace asking me to come for an interview tomorrow. She told me that her manager Natalie will be interviewing me for this position though she did not mention about any registeration fees.

After reading this blog, i called up this consultancy and to my astonishment, either no one was picking up the call or it was engaged. I visited their website for any contact information and found that their contact details are very vague. They did not even publish their location details which i found it very strange.

Grace mentioned that her company is located in Grosvendor Tower, near to Crowne Plaza, 21st floor, Shaikh Zayed Road.

Initially i was really excited about this offer but after reading this blog, i am very relieved to know that i did not waste my time and money on this scam company.

I feel is that the UAE govt should take some serious actions against these types of companies so that innocent job seekers would be saved from such hussle.

Nolita Baban Dec 06, 2009

I was about to be cheated but luckily I smell nuts...after 2 hours of waiting in small room visibly seeing people going to a room for interview, I saw a lady taking credit card and some ID..well my inhibitions are true..when my turn comes, as a nurse they don't even know the nurse licensure status, different emirates different license, how can she offer me a job without this license from Dubai...lastly I proudly told her, I don't need to pay you dhs200 to get the job, , I have already a job offer..was with the lady in the lift..she too was cheated by them with promises...this should be stopped..initially wondered from where they got my datails..regret came all the way from Abu Dhabi

• Bo
    boyet2 Nov 30, 2009

Many... thanks to all people sharing their Experience about this (1) agency there in dubai.
    also i received a phone call in this agency last nov 28, 2009 there was a man called me up and he know my name so and i think, who is this man! why he know's my name and after that his' starting asking me about my status..so that time i can't understand him'' because his accent to deliver the words is so fast and he eaten his word so that i canno't understand him. then after he gave an address to me blah...blah... you have an Interview tomorrow.before i decide to come there i made a research about this company in the internet..oh God thanks to you

• Ri
    rizkh Nov 24, 2009

l wonder why dubai police dont act agaings these people and l wonder why dubai government give them lincense whereas it knows clearly that its spam one day the calledme for interview and they took 150dh and now they have forgotten they do call me again and their are onother spam organisation in sharijar but l wonder how a lslamic country can intertain such things

• Mo
    Mohanan Nov 01, 2009

On 28 Ocober 2009 I go a telephone call from core elements and informed me that i am selected for a job in Abu Dhabi, but I have to go for an interview in Dubai Core Elements office at Crown Plaza Hotel at Shake Zayed road 5tth floor Room No 503.
    I went all the way from Abu Dhabi and when for the interview in the above office. I got astonished by seeing the crowd at the ground floor and in the lobby of the 5th floor and there was crowd in side as well. I had been called by a girl and took the interview who is not more than a clever full office secretary, not an HR professional! I knew they are cheating but I still provide my card to Sweep AED 150. The whole crowd might have been trapped as me and paid. The tricky matter of this activity is a well organized and making big money. They used to took the resume contents of the individuals from the sites, screen them with local addresses and call for the interview by telling "you are selected for a manager post in ..." and collecting money with plenty of fake offers.

I cannot make any difference between this and running a brothel in the same office, or running a terrorism business and day light robbery; which can easily stopped by the government.

After this interview, I made call to another firm in Dubai for an employment and did not got the job or the paid money. The details are given below so that the readers can be vigilant.

Euro Asia Recruitment Services,
    PO Box: 184255,
    603, Al Dana Center,
    Makthom Road, Deira - Dubai,
    Website: www.euroasia.ae
    Ph: [protected]

This firm given an ad in the Gulf News daily with a job offer for Canadian Work Permit by taking AED 3600 as advance and giving assurance as the ticket will be ready within 45 working days. I am trapped by paying the money on 14.06.2008. Even after one and half years, they did return my hard earned money. Today I got the usual replay from the reception as " I will replay you after consulting with accounting department". They never connect the call to the concerned person or the owner. These all are nothing but a day light criminal practices. I took the proof for the same and went to the Police station on 31.10.2009 and the officer on duty told me to go to curt. He may not know that this is criminal subject and they are the custodian to prevent those and provide justice. If an affected person go to the said fake company for seeking his money and eventually the situation leads as physical assault, damages of properties etc it will become a clear criminal matter and the "innocents" will be punished and the criminals are well protected.
    If the provision of the low to permit to continue the unethical practices; the day will come with difficulties to put the things in order.

• Pi
    pissed bloody off Oct 25, 2009

These guys are a rip off and i have no idea how the government gives licences to such people. All they do is decieve you that they have clients who urgently need the employees in your field and depending on how desparate you are you pay up, only to receive an email the next day to say you were not successful and that's that. They do not even call for the trainings that they seem so keen about. Afshan Shaikh and your colleagues, you should be ashamed of yourselfs!!

• Gz
    G.ZAMAN Oct 19, 2009

i am gazi.there is no doubt that CORE ELEMENT is the CHEAT.i sent a CV .then they contact me &sent massage in my mobile.in the massage they call me for interview &tell me their location.the office is on CROWN PLAZA-SHAIKH ZAID ROAD.ROOM#-503.5th flr.The INTERVIEWER WAS-MS AFSAN SHAIKH.I PAID HER 150 DHS FOR THE CLASSIC MEMBERSHIP.SHE GAVE ME A RECEIPT .MY REF#28653.MY SIGN UP DATE WAS-17/9/09.BUT THEY HAVENT DONE ANYTHING FOR ME YET.NOW THEY TELLING ME TO TAKE TRAINING FROM THEM& I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.NOW I DONT UNDERSTAND WHO SHOULD I GIVE THE COMPLAINT.