Complaints & Reviews

poor customer service/cancellation of insurance

I have had Conexis as my COBRA manager for 8 months. They are the most unorganized company I have ever dealt with and they have complete control over my benefits!?!? I have made payments and it takes 5 to 7 days to process those payments on their end. So then they claim that my payment is late. Then they pay the insurance companies late so that services are ended. Thank goodness, I have kept every single confirmation number. I am so tired of dealing with them, that I contacted my previous employer and submitted a complaint on Conexis. I explained my headaches, time and energy I was having to invest. My question/comment was...

"if you (my previous employer), are paying them (Conexis) for their services to manage my Cobra Account...please find some else!!! I am tired of having to spend hours on the phone to get absolutley no where...and to have my money wasted. Tired of going to the doctor to have eyes checked, and finding out I have no coverage. Tired of going to the doctor for a check up and finding out I have no coverage. Tired of going to the pharmacy to get refills and finding out I have no coverage. All of this when I have paid my premiums months ahead...so...what are they doing with my money???"

non payment on claim

conexis is terrible our city contracted them to manage our Flexible Spending Accounts. They refuse to approve...

failed coverage

I was paying for COBRA coverage for 5 months but when it came time to use my insurance, I didn't have any. I called CONEXIS for days on end to try to find out what the problem could be, but no one was able to help me. It was so frustrating to be paying high premiums when I had no insurance! CONEXIS reps were unhelpful and sent me away with little to no knowledge about how to rectify the situation. I spent hours on the phone - long holds, different supervisors, lame responses. All playing the blame game on someone else but no one willing to say, "hey, we've been taking your money for months, but have been giving you nothing in return." Except grief.

misssusan484 May 27, 2010

non-payment on claims: possible cash flow problem

RE: CONEXIS FSA Admin for University of California employees
3/19/2010:

SUMMARY CONCLUSION: I would say that if you work for the UC, then you better START CALLING YOUR CAMPUS BENEFITS OFFICE TO COMPLAIN as it sure smells like they are having corporate cash flow problems from what I've experienced and they are holding a lot of our money which we may never see again.

I am having similar concerns as the COMMENT POSTED ABOVE about CONEXIS who administers the University of California FSA employee accounts. It almost seems like they are having CASH FLOW PROBLEMS which is scary given that they get the payroll deductions automatically and up-front. I hope they are not going bankrupt. :-{

MY EXPERIENCES: Most recently, I have submitted four claims to them for reimbursement going back over 30 days now for the 2009 year and the current, 2010, year. According to CONEXIS, two claims I submitted last February (2010), via mail, in two separate USPS mailings on different days; well, they say they have NO RECORD of them when I followed-up with them. Obviously I don't have "proof" that I mailed them. So I FAXed them a letter with my distress and copies of the claims I had previously USPS mailed them. It has been a couple weeks now since they received my FAX, yet they have NOT been processed/paid/rejected/acknowledged in anyway. Even more curious is that they requested documentation for some of my 2010 benefit card charges (VISA), which I FAXed to them in early March, and they were accepted within 3 days. It is curious to note than when documentation is sent to substantiate charges they have already paid via VISA, those get processed in a reasonable time, and maybe because they do not have to send you new money. However, for the claims reimbursement requests that would require them to physically send money directly to the customer, those now take weeks/months to process assuming they don't somehow disappear from their radar. This may be an action of convenience on their part. I can't help but wonder. I have about $750 in 2009 claims pending. If they can hold me off until 4/15/2010, then by law they can keep my money.

A couple of other 2010 reimbursement claims I mailed about 10 days apart have not been processed either. One dates back to March 1st of 2010 (~20 days ago). I'm suspecting they may be in the process of losing those claims, too. Yikes! The last reimbursement I got from them was 2/22/2010 for 2009 charges I incurred and submitted a claim to them on 2/2/2010. 20 days, but it got processed eventually. The last four claims I've submitted however, NOTHING! I've started keeping a confirmation report of the FAXes I've resorted to in the last week or so to give my complaint more credence than mailing documents to them via USPS. I think I'm going to contact my local campus benefits office to see if they have any insights into what CONEXIS might be up to and call them on it.

Regarding your complaint about blocking your benefit card, this same thing happened to me. Once they send you a request for documentation notice, they are very quick to block your card just a few weeks later if you don't immediately respond. Last year I tried to use my card for a co-pay and the charge was denied. When I called CONEXIS then and there to inquire as to why, the gentleman told me it was because of a 'request for documentation' notice several weeks prior. However, I was adamant that I had sent in what they requested and he was able to access and check something in their database tied to my account which showed the documentation I had sent them (apparently they scan everything into an image database). He acknowledged that the documentation was received, but for some reason "it never was processed" He could not explain why YIKES! I asked him to take the hold of my card so I could use it to pay my co-pay, but he said "I'm not authorized to do that" and he would need to send this other department a request. I asked him for him to call me when it was fixed, but he said he wasn't allowed to make "outgoing calls". Yikes again. CONEXIS messes up but there is no phone call telling you when it gets fixed, NO apology, NOTHING. About 2 days letter, I checked my account online and they had processed the documents they had and reinstated my card 'privileges'.
Given all this, I would say that if you work for the UC, then you better START CALLING YOUR CAMPUS BENEFITS OFFICE TO COMPLAIN as it sure smells like they are having cash flow problems from what I've experienced and they are holding a lot of our money which we may never see again. Sad, but maybe true.

I just hope I have sufficient time, before 4/15/2010, to get their attention which I think I know how to do.
I'll let readers know here what the outcome is.

poor service

Conexis is terrible! I have them for a Flexible spending account. They refuse to "approve" valid expenses. This is supposedly a FLEXIBLE account and who are they to say that my medical expenses are of lesser need that someone elses??!! It's my money to start with!!!

Always on hold for over 20 minutes before being able to talk to anyone. Do not receive call back or confirmation emails when submitting information.

They say that something is approved but then a couple months later they change their mind without telling you!!

• Ju
    Julio 1970 Jun 17, 2010

My gut feeling is that Conexis delays card distributions, mine for 7 weeks after payroll deduction begain (no reason given); they deny legitimate claims, that can be resolved but only after much fighting, and threaten card cancellation... all as a method of strong arming customers into forfeiting their money.

I don't know if it is Racketeering, but it certainly is bad business.

miss unhappy Aug 25, 2010

I have the same problems with Conexis, too! They keep rejecting my claims even for co-pay!!! I had no problems with them last year but this year their service is really crappy. Still have quite some money left in my FSA account and I only have a little over a month left to claim it or lose it. What to do?!

customer service

Conexis has the absolute worst customer service department. The overpaid a claim and I caught it. I immediately called them before they had paid me and told them about the situation. The lady on the phone explained that I would have to wait until the claim was paid and then mail them a check back. I asked her why they couldn't just cancel the payment before it was issued and she said it was because it had already been "processed". She then became agitated that I would even imply that they had made a mistake and put me on hold for several minutes without warning or a reason. When she got back on the phone she asked me if I was ready to write down the address to pay the money back. I wrote down the address and then told her that they have the worst customer service department.

The next day I called back to get a different person. A lady named Martha answered the phone this time. I asked her if they would be able to debit my account because according to the website they allow for when Conexis makes overpayments. The lady said there was no way they could debit my account unless Conexis had made a mistake. I asked her to look into the overpayment and after she was finished researching she said that it is apperant that Conexis made a mistake but there was nothing she could do about it. I repeated to her that she had just previously told me that if Conexis made a mistake that they could debit my account and she works for Conexis so she just admitted that they made a mistake. The only thing she could tell me was that the call was recorded so I would definitely have to send the money back now because I was honest about the mistake in case the IRS pulled the call records and heard that I admitted that there was an overpayment. I asked her if I could speak to a supervisor. After a couple of minutes on hold Morell got on the phone and said that there is nothing they could do and I would have to send a personal check back in to the address I was given.

What customer service call center would say they made a mistake and then tell you that you have to fix their problem. I am sure that I am not the first person to have had this issue with them so they should have the capabilities of fixing the problem without requiring the "customer" to take care of their problem. I have only been with them for 2 months and they have already caused a problem so I am not looking forward to the next 10 months.

[email protected] Mar 19, 2010

I feel your pain. They may be having Corporate Cash Flow problems. Everybody affected should immediately call your HR Benefits Office and post a complaint on the Better Business website for the respective State. www.bbb.org

they have stolen $1500 of our money

If interested in joining a class-action lawsuit please contact [protected]@att.net They've sent letter...

cobra

We are an employer with an x-employee on COBRA. So far the company has paid 100% of the participants medical premium FOR SIX MONTHS. During the 6 months we have received the participaints 35% for ONE MONTH. CONEXIS has received the participants portion of the premium payments but have not forwarded them onto our office. I have never dealt with such stupid, inept, idiotic, bumbling idiots. Spoke to the Dept. of Labor and was told to call the Better Business Bureau...what, nobody oversees this type of company's operations that deal with people's insurance????

• Pa
    patricia brooks Jul 05, 2010

Drafted my account after authorization was tken from them. change in premium with no explanation...customer service is horrible...sent me a refund check for 1539.42 and the check was returned due to insufficient funds and my bank charged me for their NSF. WHO are THESE PEOPLE!!!

• Pa
    patricia brooks Jul 05, 2010

Conexis has drafted my bank account after authorization was revoked. Customer service is a joke. sent me a refund check for overpayment of 1, 539.42 which was returned to my my bank due to insufficient funds! Was told by CS they would send me another check, but have not received. THESE PEOPLE ARE INCOMPETENT!!!

cancellation of health insurance for no reason

Conexis is a 3rd party Cobra Administrator. I send them almost $1400 per month. For a reason unknown my health insurance was cancelled by Horizon Blue Cross of NJ. Conexis claimed that they informed HBCof NJ that I made the payment and there was a snafu at HBC of NJ. Of course wen I called HBC they tole me that I had to go through Conexis to request reinstatement. I found out about the cancellation almost 3 weeks after it happened when I was turned down for a prescription for my daughter. Neither HBC or Conexis bothered to let me know there was an issue. Conexis did cash my check to cover that month and I had just received the bill for the following month. I looked back 6 months and the timing of the bills being paid. Conexis was cashing the checks always within the same time frame month after month. This last payment was no different. The Conexis call center directed me back to HBC. When I got tired of being a ping pong ball I insisted in speaking to a supervisor. Of course I would get the supervisor's voice mail. HBC was no different.
Their call center kept transferring me to departments that couldn't help me. I kept asking for Large Group Enrollment at HBC and honest to God they transferred me to a Walmart Pharmacy in Little Falls NJ. On 3 occasions Conexis said that they would send an "URGENT REQUEST" to HBC for reinstatement. Each time Conexis said that it would take 24-48 hours. After the 3rd time I called the executive offices of Conexis and at this writing they assured me that I would be covered retroactively by HBC by the end of the day. I took names and phone numbers. My experience tells me that give the call center one chance to help. If that doesn't work call the executive offices at [protected]. Be polite but firm.

misssusan484 May 27, 2010

I called the corporate office too, thanks! For help call Conexis V.P. Dee Dee at 214-596-7791 She figured out my 'problem' in one day. Do NOT waste your time with the customer service numbers.

• Fa
    faythnu2002 Aug 13, 2010

I have had the same 5 month ping pong silliness with Conexis. Its not been 5 months and they've only recently admitted that they made a mistake in telling me where to send my reimbursements and now are retroactively reimbursing me after the term as ended on my FSA. I also still have other receipts that I'd held on to over this time, until someone could clarify for me where I was supposed to be sending them. I am looking for the best route to take to file an effective complaint against the company.

terrible customer service and business practices

Conexis has a Better Business Bureau rating of D+ on scale of A+ to F - EVERYONE SHOULD LOG COMPLAINTS on the Dallas Better Business Bureau website - it can be done online!!!

Conexis is by far and away the WORST company I have EVER dealt with. Last year when we first signed up for Cobra after I left my job after my second baby - they NEVER did send us the papers in the mail to sign up - I called everyday for 2 weeks to get them to fax them to me - all the while they are telling me to wait and that they were mailed...I couldn't afford to wait much longer because you only get 3 weeks aftger they mail them to sign up. So they tell me to sign up online - it won't let me past page 3 of 8 - so I call and to this I get a response that it must be my computers...so I called my dad in a different town and have him try on his computer and it did the same thing - so I highly doubt it was my computer. So i call again and I make a supervisor fax over our enrollment. So we finally get signed up for the remainder of 2008. Then for 2009 - it took them weeks to send it to me and I again called everyday till I got it - was told I could not do this on online. So - I didfinally get this one in the mail and faxed it back AND mailed it back the same day. I elected Vision and Medical for my spouse, myself and 3 kids...In FEBRUARY - I happened to check our online insurance account that shows processed claims etc. I was checking for how much we had spent - and I saw DENIED for my infant daughters 4 month checkup - no coverage was the reason. I ran downstairs and looked at my papers and Gabi was put down and checked on my sheet for medical and vision as well. It was midnight so I had to wait and then I called them in the morning and Conexis said they sent my form to BCBS and it was an error on their end. I called BCBS they said they never got the paper from Conexis - which is BS because the election form is only 2 pages so for them to have the 4 of us covered and not my baby is bigus it all came on the same paper - I spent the next 3 days calling and calling until they agreed to refax the forms over and BCBS then did update Gabi and I had to call back because they had not done so retroactively - so I had to call CONEXIS again to have them fax proof back from January 1st...ridiculous.

SO - this year I started early asking for annual enrollment because I know my company that I used to work for does it mid October. I called in Oct and someone at Conexis told me that I would have to contact my old employer for those forms...I told him that wasn't right and he said that is what his "sheet" said - so I hung up on him and called back and got someone else who told me that yes they would come the first week of Nov. So by Nov 20th I am a little antsy - I call again - they said they had been sent - I give it a few days - I finally open a complaint case - I get a response asing for more info - I give it and lo and behold she did send me my stuff via secure email - I filled it out and sent it right back via fax and mail again - I called 3 days later to make sure they recd it and some idiot verified for me that "yes your 2008 had been recd..." to this I lose my temper - It is almost Dec 2009 - why the heck would I be verifiying 2008! So she did some more checking and yes they recd 2009. I made her read all of it to me to make sure they got all the kids listed. Everything seemed great! 2 days later I get a voicemail - sorry maam your forms won't be accepted. So i called right away and asked what that was about - i find it strange that they told me they did not know what the voicemail had said so I decided to verify they had recd the forms again - this time they said they NEVER sent them to me...I yelled into the phone that I could send a forward from the email they sent me earlier that week. So then they backtrack and say that was the wrong form and should never been sent. So i ask when the correct one will be - aso you might guess I called 5 more times before I got it - and a supervisor "Jerri" said that as soon as she got the forms from my old company that she would fax and email them to me. I called her everyday for 5 days and every day she would have someone tell me that she was "checking for me everyday" I called on Friday Dec 4th and got a helpful lady who said she would send a note to the acct mgr to get me those forms from Nationwide...I called back on Tuesday and another rep told me they were sent on that Friday!!! ugh - so I ask to talk to Jerri becuase i did not get the fax or email she had promised that she had been "checking for" everyday - what BS - and the rep I asked said "supervisors don't take phone calls" and I said well that is interesting because I talked to her last week - now let me talk to her. I complained to Jerri about what the rep said and she blew it off - then I asked why I was not emailed or faxed...she blew that off and said "well I can fax them now" and she did. But no responsibility is taken for their LIES. So I immediately fax, email and mail it back in(for the record these forms as far as the coverage were no different from the first ones) and then I called the next day to see if received - they were but wouldn't be updated for a while on the system so I could pay for January...so I gave a few days - called back and some rep said they hadn't even been sent to the acct mgr to key so that the system even could be updated...so I asked to talk to Jerri - she was "busy" but I could talk to Danielle - who said she would send a req to get it processed rush and it would be 24 hours before updated to my acct but might not show on the system for 3 days. SO I just called today and finally got to Danielle after holding forever and she tells me that she never said it would be 24 hours. She said she got an email back from the acct mgr who said he would only key them in the order he recd them(it isn't my fault he is just getting mine - I would have done it in Oct - had they not screwed up) and I told her this and she said well I can send him another req - which is useless because she had found out yesterday that he wasn't going to do it and never let me know that. So I have now asked to talk to her mgr and got her voicemail and am currently waiting for a call back - they are WASTING time that is valuable to me - I think they make it difficult on purpose so people forget and then lose coverage - well I WON"T FORGET!!!

joeyb123 Jan 11, 2011

Conexis has my money, it's on record that I paid, but they aren't forwarding the "data transfer" info over to AETNA -- so I have no card, no number, no coverage. Every time I call Conexis, they have their reps LIE and tell me the info was sent. I call AETNA, their rep checks their system, and still no transfer. This has gone on for a week now. Conexis tells me I have to wait 5-8 days for "processing" (even though it's all computerized - basically it's as if they are sending an email). Rep said they put the "data transfer" through to AETNA on Jan 3, even though I paid Conexis in mid-December! I should have already been covered by Jan 1 -- why did they wait until the 3rd to send the info? Either way, no data transfer was sent on Jan 3 anyway...that was a LIE. It's already Jan 11 - and STILL NO COVERAGE. I have a baby girl who is my dependent, and she is also without coverage because of this.

Basically, Conexis is attempting to pocket a weeks worth of my money since they are not paying AETNA with that money for that week. Nice try. Sadly, they're probably doing this to more than one person...

Insurance fraud is illegal, and that is exactly what they are committing.

I'm calling my state officials tomorrow, and reporting this to the BBB, as well as alerting everyone on the internet about this horrible, corrupt service. I also have a few media contacts, so if they don't want to also be in the news, they ought to stop this nonsense now.

Cobra Mismanagement

I have had Conexis as my COBRA manager for over a year. They have pulled every trick in the book to attempt to get me to over pay and to end my benefits. They intentionally process payments late and then pay the insurance companies late so that services are ended . Yet will not give refunds ... instead opting to transfer funds with in the company which can't management its funds in a timely manner in the first place. I really feel that they need to be audited and closed... All of thier accounts should be transfer to an agency that knows how to conduct business. They don't even have an address listed on the site so that you can write to them. Just this email address. [protected]@CONEXIS.com

misssusan484 May 27, 2010

cancellation of benefits without good cause

I too have had similar problems with Conexis. I made a payment by phone on the 25th of the month. They are saying I put in the wrong account number even though I received a confirmation number. They have quickly cancelled my health benefits. It is extremely frustrating since no one will help you but only tell you that no matter what you do you will probably not get your benefits reinstated. Please help do you know of anyone at the company or elsewhere that can help me get my benefits reinstated.My email is [protected]@aol.com.

Thanks
Marsha Grodin

• Jb
    jb2112 Dec 10, 2009

I have this non-sense for a while, but I am convinced this program is simply a method for getting ex-employees off of the insurance as quickly as possible. They are vicious and completely full-of-###. Finding evil unprincipled corporations in the US is not difficult. I think is it the fault of our employers for using them. Whenever you start a job I suggest you ask if they use Conexis for post employmet benefit management. If they do it says more about your employer then it does Conexis.

[email protected] Mar 19, 2010

I wholeheartedly agree with the complaints about CONEXIS. I feel your pain. They may be having Corporate Cash Flow problems which both causes them to collect monies without acknowledging your payment or they have another approach to conserving cash which is to claim to have not received reimbursement claims to minimize their payouts of cash. Everybody affect should immediately call your HR Benefits Office and post a complaint on the Better Business website for the respective State. www.bbb.org

• Do
    Don't shoot the messenger... Sep 11, 2010

Can you really blame CONEXIS if you entered you bank account information incorrectly? The confirmation number only confirms that they received and are processing the information you submitted. I hope everything works out for you!

• Do
    Don't shoot the messenger... Sep 11, 2010

Also, COBRA law states that if you do not make your payment by the deadline that you account can be canceled without the possibility of reinstatement. Unfortunately, this is cause to cancel your account.

cancellation

Conexis is a 3rd party adminstrator to by cobra insurance that I HAS through my x husbands employer. I wa...

cobra fraud cancelation

I have had Conexis for my Cobra administrator for several months and have had nothing but problems. When they...

terrible service

Conexis is the most disorganized and unethical company I have ever worked with. Because my former employer...