ConAgra Foodspoor service

V Review updated:

ConAgra sells a product called Hunt's [Tomatoes] Paste, which is
called "tomato paste" in the product literature at Hunts.com. The cans
are the same size and shape as those containing plain tomato paste,
but the Hunt's product contains herbs and spices. Nowhere on the
label, except in the tiny black-on-red list of ingredients on the
back, is there any mention of these additives. This labeling would
seem to violate 21 CFR 155.191, specifically this subsection:

(ii) The following shall be included as part of the name or in close
proximity to the name of the food:

(c) A declaration of any flavoring that characterizes the product
as specified in Sec. 101.22 of this chapter and a declaration of any
spice that characterizes the product, e.g., "Seasoned with ------, "
the blank to be filled in with the words "added spice" or, in lieu of
the word "spice, " the common name of the spice.

Even if the Hunt's labeling somehow meets the regulatory standard
(perhaps by substituting "tomatoes" for "tomato"), I still contend
that this is a deceptive practice.

I wrote to the company a week ago, using a feedback form on their Web
site; because they haven't replied, I cannot include their email
address here. I explained that people are being misled into purchasing
this product, believing it to be unadulterated tomato paste. I wrote
that if I had received no response in a week.

• Updated by Alfreda Yancey Brown · Jun 18, 2017

Not assorted pieces...no wings...and 1 breast...i want my money back

• Updated by Alfreda Yancey Brown · Jun 18, 2017

It was not assorted!! Mostly cheap legs...and 1 breast! No wing!! Terrible!

• Updated by charlotta fambro · Nov 06, 2018

$3.00 & $5.00 coupons were sent to me for banquet family-sized fried chicken. both coupons have since expired.please resend asap! thank you 454 winchester west det.mi 48203 ph.313-366-2634

• Updated by charlotta fambro · Nov 06, 2018

replacement coupons need resending

• Updated by v.horton · Apr 30, 2019

Will not purchase again sweet & sour chicken

• Updated by v.horton · Apr 30, 2019

Has been updated...

sarahboyce May 15, 2012

Please tell me why I went and bought two Banquet Spagettie and Meatballs dinners to eat for lunch today at work and when I opened ny dinner I found a couple of long black hairs sealed behind the film cover not in just one of my dinners but both of them???!!! I took pictures to show everyone how nasty this is but my work computer won't let me post them so when I get home this morning I'll be back on here just to do so..!

MauiAL50 May 15, 2012

When I look at the Hunts.com site under tomato paste, they show two different varieties, plain and with Basil, Garlic & Oregano. Perhaps the can you got was merely mislabeled.

Marissa23 Sep 19, 2018

Hi I have recently bought some of your Andy cap cheddar fries and I am not happy they say their good tell 2018 and they are stale not fresh what's so ever and they dont have any flavor I am not a happy costumer at all

• Al
    Alfreda Yancey Brown Oct 22, 2018

I dont usually...buy this item, but my Mom use to love it! I purchased this item on yesterday...n as we speak, its not assorted!! I have 5 drum sticks, a breast! Thats not what i signed up for!

Annette Kelly Oct 28, 2018

I purchased a case of soup from Costco. My soup contained zero noodles! Mostly broth and few vegetables or chicken. Disappointed! I have eaten and purchased the soup before but hesitant to buy it again.

charlotta fambro Nov 12, 2018

Under-filled box family size! coupons sent, $5.00 & $3.00. Expired. Replacements needed asap! please. Thank you

• Al
    Al.Renn Apr 17, 2019

Couldn't use the product. The website for reddiwhip doesnt seem to work. The whip cream wont come out. Ran the can under hot water as the can states, shook really well. No luck. I see many complaints in different areas online, such as Facebook and Google. Bummed.

• Br
    Brimason Apr 27, 2019

I don't know who the genius is but obvious they didn't think things through. BLACK BOTTLE? Are you serious? Nice 80 degree day have a BBQ, hold on let me just squirt some of my 110F mustard on your hot dog. Black attracts heat. On second thought the entire world has to learn your mustard comes in a black container now, not a smart change.

• Vh
    v.horton May 08, 2019

We have eaten "sweet & sour chicken many times, but the last one eaten was terrible. The chicken was mushy, the breading came off and the sauce was thrown out. We will not purchase this product again..virginia horton 9703 abbeywood village way, louisville, ky 40141 [email protected]

• Mi
    MirellaMarin Jun 10, 2019

One of the pickles had a peace of wood...
    My email address is [email protected]

• Na
    Nanacyn Nov 17, 2019

15 ounce can 2102912110 XE2. 22:34
    Best by Apr 20 2021

Bought 3 cans and they are tasteless. A waste of time and money. Will not buy again if this is the way they are being made now.