Zwicker and Associates / Stolen Funds

I worked out a payment plan after losing my job to pay off a credit card through Zwicker and Associates. They took payments for 6 monts. I then noticed that not a cent was sent to Bank of America to lower my balance.

Kv

Comments

1st of Mar, 2009

well who are they!?
    how did u get involved with them!??????

• Fl
      13th of Mar, 2009

26th of May, 2009

I just started a payment arrangement with Zwicker today for a Bank of America debt. I called B.O.A. first to make sure the debt was assigned to them.. It was. B.O.A. told me that when I pay Zwicker, they will then pay B.O.A. I hope this is okay. My first payment comes out this Friday.

• Un
      22nd of Aug, 2009

filed a complaint with FTC.

• Ea
      14th of Jan, 2010

"Very aggressive and often imply that the collectors are lawyers when they are not. They also contact other people you might know and pass along info and make threats to sue them for your debts. Best solution is to report them to the Feds and keep careful notes."

The above in untrue. They will state that they are a law firm and the person on the phone will specifically tell you he or she is a collector and not an attorney. They will not disclose info to any 3rd party because it's a violation of the FDCPA. They can tell you that if the bill is not paid it can possibly be put into litigation, which it can because they are a law firm and the client retained zwicker to collect on it.

• Mo
      1st of May, 2010

To the above comment "Just pay your damn bills and you won't have any problems. You signed the contract, pay up."

You have no idea what someone's situation is, so you should not be judging people! When someone ends up with cancer and is unable to work, they can't just pay there damn bills. Maybe they needed the credit card to pay for the hospital bills or the chemo, or maybe they just wanted to be able to buy food for their kids.

You have no idea what someone has gone through, unless you've been in that situation!

• Bo
      1st of Mar, 2012

they do clearly state that they are not attorneys and they are collectors. of course everyone has hard times, collectors are human too. but instead of answering the phone and screaming profanity before hanging up, perhaps you could try to explain the situation in a professional manner and keep an open line of communication and they will work with you.

• Pa
      11th of Feb, 2013

Dealing with Zwicker and Associates over a Discover account. They do pursue litigation; however they are almost impossible to get anything from in writing. This combined with the fact that their website is essentially blank and anyone can set up a Vonage account for a phone number has left me no choice but to demand something in writing summarizing the payments I've made, interest, payoff amount, process, etc because they have numerous, I mean numerous compaints with BBC from people who have made payment arrangement only to have their accounts cleaned out by these folks. They appear to be one of those "our word" vs "late payer word" type of companies who exploit people who don't know their rights. Anyone dealing with this firm should consult an attorney who will assist them in getting the documentation that they could really need if they have to go to court to contest the various fees, etc, especially with no paperwork. To the people (usually debt collectors) who cry "pay your bills", go tell that bs to the President, Mitt Romney, the and the god da**ned billionaire owners of these banks who got bailed out with our tax dollars to get back on their feet!

• Sc
      24th of Apr, 2015

Sued them successfully for the harassment they gave me. now two years later-they claimed their lawsuit loss on MY taxes. Not sure if they can do that-but they are leaches. I am with a debt settlement company to pay them off 100%..but now, I am livid. Scu, sucking leaches.

• De
      6th of Jan, 2016

I had dealings with them today. I thought my account was paid off and then miraculously I received a motion in the mail to show up in court for $600. I called the attorney immediately and told her I'd pay it off today. She said she doesn't handle that but call their main office. I did and the collector told me that I don't owe $600 but that I owe $1700! How can they do that if you have a court motion???? After looking up "their" employee reviews--they can make "Really Good Money" for getting more out of customers. That's how they get bonused. After reading this I sent an email saying I want the president their company to call me and to explain this. I'm going to get my own attorney as well since this is scandalous!! And for the people above who are saying just pay your bills--you obviously work for Zwcker of for some other crooked debt collector! You're ### just like them!! Done!

2nd of Mar, 2016

They have aggressively harassed me for months. When I asked if I could work out a payment plan, they told me no and threatened to sue me, cease my taxes, or my 401 K. I have been unemployed for over a year and I just recently became employed which is why I was willing to work out a decent payment plan. I do agree with the complaints above because they are very aggressive, rude and pushy. They do not seem like a legit company being that they refused to send me a receipt. I sent my first payment that I could afford to send this past weekend. I will keep track of all of my check stubs in the event that they try to take me to court. I will have proof that I attempted to do the right thing. It is sad that these companies pry on predatory situations.

2nd of Mar, 2016

seize*

• La
      24th of Feb, 2017

Get an attorney to settle case for you. If you try on your own, and have the misfortune to talk to Steve Krauss forget it. He's a condescending a-hole.