Zoo Printing / I will never use Zoo Printing again!

Zoo Printing
www.zooprinting.com

Placed 7 orders for business cards. Their site promises 1-2 day turn around. Business Card Orders have taken up to 15 days.

1. They do not return e-mail inquiries or inquiries sent via their web site

2. They have extremely unprofessional/condescending customer service representatives

I called in and spoke with Ronnie who was not able to help me determine the status of my order, so he transferred me to someone's voice mail. I called in again and spoke with Aaron who, in the middle of our conversation (2 minutes in) told me to hold so that he didn't miss another caller - WOW! He finally helped me with the issue after another 15 minuted on the line. They never received the files I sent.

I told him that I sent the files and got a confirmation e-mail. I asked why no one had contacted me in 4 days to let me know the delay - so that I could manage issues in the future. He has no answer and I ask to speak to a manager to help me learn the process. He transfers me to Carlos the Customer Service Manager to leave a message on voice mail. I have decided never to use them, so I don't leave a message.

Carlos CALLS ME BACK on his own and off the bat, tells me that I am a sub-standard customer of theirs and the orders I placed were not of a high enough financial value, and to stop using their services! QUOTE from Carlos: "You're ordering $15.00 business cards and want to call and complain?" "We're a multi-million dollar company and we don't need your business".

I will never use Zoo Printing again.

Va

Comments

• Sh
      16th of Nov, 2007

I have to play devils advocate here and say that we have been using Zoo Printing for a couple of months now and for the most part have received a quality product. The one order that was misprinted, they agreed to reprint if we sent them back 10 misprinted samples. It was a time consuming process, but that is what you can expect if you choose to do business with a company that is not local.

That being said, it does take at least a week to ten days for order delivery, so I would definitely not use them for rush jobs.

They do offer very reasonable pricing which affords a considerable markup, so if you have the time to wait, they are well worth it.

• Jz
      5th of Feb, 2008

I also have to disagree. I have used zoo printing a couple times in the past few years and have been extremely pleased with their work. High quality at low prices, also the service was excellent.

• Lo
      6th of Feb, 2008

So far, I agree with the complaint. I sent a small brochure project to Zoo just to test them out. I wanted a five day turnaround. Its now been 10 days and I spoke with customer service agent John, and he cannot provide an explanation for why there was a delay. Not only that, he can't even give me an estimated time that the brochures will get shipped out to me. He's tried to connect me with Carlos, the manager twice, but each time it gets to Carlos' extension, the call disconnects. I'm having some serious concerns about the fate of this project and can only hope that Carlos calls me back (I ended up calling Zoo back and going through the main telephone number to his extension and leaving a message on his voice mail) and negotiates either a better price or overnight shipping because this is not good.

Also, never NEVER use Koolprint. The worst in the industry.

• Lo
      8th of Feb, 2008

Update on my print job w/ Zoo Printing: Carlos, the manager did call me back and admitted that they did print the project on time, but did miss the deadline for getting my project shipped out, so in essence, they were one day late. I did get my packages today, and I've got to say, I think they did a good job. Paper is good quality as is the ink. They did get back in touch with me and they did seem to care about the project. I did not yell at them or express any negative emotions, and they worked with me and tried to do whatever they could to make the situation a win-win. I'm happy now and would use them again in the future.

• Ke
      15th of Feb, 2008

I totally agree with the main complaint. I send a $1000 order to them and called and made sure it was going out on time. They never got back to me. They shipped the item 10 days late. The Business Card orders NEVER take 1-2 days. It's more like 10-15 days. They gang up the business cards together so if they don't have enough orders they sit till they get enough orders. This could take a whole week.

I would totally avoid them if you don't need to use their service. They are very rude over the phone and they don't care who you are. I'm a print buyer for an ad agency so I outsource a large number of jobs throughout the day. I now use the local printers a lot more than companies like this.

27th of Feb, 2008

Zoo does good work about 95% of the time in my experience. I've used them for business card orders dozens of times and generally they do take only 2-3 days to print. Their price recently went from $15 up to $19 for 1,000 2-sided cards (if you're a "trade" account). That price is phenomenal and their quality is, too. I will admit to one screw-up... a letterhead order that fell through the cracks and was delayed two weeks. Finally, I got a call and an apology. So, given the discounted pricing, they perform very well in my experience.

22nd of Mar, 2008

I agree with the main complaint, I've met Carlos the "Customer Service Manger" and he is not a humble person at all, if he is not going to be taking seriously orders of $15 or $19 (Business Cards) his company should not be even offering the product to begin with.

They should be honest about their turnaround time and let the buyer decide if is price is worth the wait.

29th of Mar, 2008

Zoo Printing - Poor Printing Quality and Customer Service that is sub-standard. Deliveries promises were never met. Four months later, we are still exchanging phone calls, without any explanations. If they advertise 2 day turnaround, but ship in 2 weeks, why trust them? I neded answers, not unreturned phone calls. Zoo Printing ink saturation was poor and the trimming / bleeds were off. Registration was off.

I sent the same files to 4over.com, and the color was better and the registration wes perfect. Everyone, even the untrained eye, saw the better quality at 40ver.com, and the orders was shipped in 3 dyas after the proof was OK'd.

• Jh
      22nd of May, 2008

I agree that Ronnie is a CSR with a condescending tone. I needed to go up the chain to his supervisor Carlos, who did come up with a solution to get me product in time. You do get what you pay for with these companies but I agree with the comment that if they offer something or make a claim, they ought to back it up.

• Na
      16th of Jun, 2008

Zoo Printing has HORRIBLE customer service!! They are extreemly rude and unprofessional. Everytime i work with them there is 100 problems. They yelled at me, transferd me to mutliple represetitives and no one ever took care of the situation. I really feel as though they do not value their customer they yelled at me and were really mean! I will never work with them AGAIN!

4th of Aug, 2008

ZOO PRINTING HAS THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE WORLD!

ZOO PRINTING HAS GREAT QUALITY AT VERY LOW PRICES!

I LOVE ZOO PRINTING!!!

• To
      24th of Aug, 2008

I totally agree with the original complaint and with the additional comments that have been made.

I was wanting to move my printing from the current printer I use, so I sent a small job to Zoo Printing zooprinting.com. The process was pretty smooth and the turnaround time was what was promised, but that is where it stopped.

When I received the order, the color of the print job between the front and back was terrible! The exact blue on the from of the card, was purple on the back of the card. I phoned their customer service and they said that there policy was to send 10 cards back to Customer Service, which I did.

Four days later, I get a phone call from Carlos to say he can see the problem BUT their company policy is for 25 cards to be sent back. Needless to say his arrogance and total lack of customer service ensured that I will never use Zoo Printing zooprinting.com EVER again. It was a total waste of money and time.

After this experiance it now makes sense why they are called Zoo Printing zooprinting.com.

Stay away!

17th of Sep, 2008

I have nothing but nice things to say about Zoo Printing. John was courteous and extremely helpful through the entire process of my order. In fact, he helped me out with some other issues i had with some artwork and went above and beyond what i had expected.

Zoo Printing has done absolutely nothing so far to have me state anything negative about them. So far my clients are happy and so am I !

• Ke
      18th of Sep, 2008

No problem with qulitity but customer service is the worse I have ever experienced very unprofessional. I will never use them again there are too many good printers out there.

• Se
      19th of Sep, 2008

Your all a bunch of wah wah babies. Welcome to the print world! If your design work kicks ### they'll all come back, even if it takes more turnaround days them promised (unless it's a dated event, then well look for a new profession, why do you think most designers are fat and balding? THE STRESS and it stinks!) Now live with it, wah wah. Us artist can be such jack-### right? Dznr the Wnr

19th of Oct, 2008

Zooprinting is a proper name for type of the service they offer

• Ju
      19th of Oct, 2008

I'm so glad I read everyone's bad experience with ZooPrinting. I am in the process of finding an outsource printer for some of my large quantity print jobs and I do not have time to mess with rude sales people and delayed shipping. I will not be using them now thanks to your input!

2nd of Nov, 2008

Worst printing company I've ever worked with. I desperately needed some business cards, and went with ZooPrinting because they had an ad in mac Magazine. I assumed they'd be a reputable company... no way, Jose.
    I was promised a 3 day delivery...2 1/2 weeks later, I could pick up my cards. And in that time, I probably called every day and was actually able to get a hold of something other than a voicemail, 3 times. One time, I spoke to "Ronnie" who couldn't help me much and wasn't being congenial in any way, so I asked to speak to a manager if possible. He laughed at me and sarcastically said, "sure, hold on". Well, after being on hold for 15 minutes, I realized that neither Ronnie, nor the manager, were coming back to the phone.
    I spoke to Ronnie on another occasion where he was also quite rude to me. And come to think of it, not one person wanted to deal with my phone calls. Anytime I'd ask about an order, they'd tell me that I had to look it up online first..once I'd tried that and failed, call back. I was also lied to about my order on several occasions. Ronnie said the pdf file was corrupted, but then "magically" it worked and their were no notes about it having any problems.

Ooooh, he makes me mad.

And WTF?! Seriously, that's bad business... and so, I'm writing this lovely little review on their company and staff.

If you're looking for a company that's cheap, fine.. but how about one that will return our phone calls, not lie to you or laugh in your face and will get you your prints on time?!

• Pe
      3rd of Nov, 2008

Hey there i have used zoo printing for a few months and i got this crazy ronnie roddie guy whatever his name is laughing and at me telling me i don't know how to design. i have been a designer for over 25 years and am very proficient in all adobe programs. Any ways this guy would absolutely refuse to reprint my job when they cut it incorrectly and my customers name was cut off. this was probably less then a month ago, since then, I have switched to 4over.com best customer service I've recieved so far from almost any printing company. they have pretty good prices and very very fast turnarounds. i have used vista print a few times and they enrolled me in some rewards program which took me 3 weeks to cancel, but eventually was able to. so far 4over has been good for me. any other suggestins let me know thanks

Peter Goozman

• In
      7th of Nov, 2008

HAVE NOT USED THEM SOMEONE TOLD ME to use them and now i see this who do you reccomend???